Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Always count on Auntie SR to have her red pen handy. *smirk*

Anyhow, I will have three new chapters of fic to post tomorrow, probably after work. I'm chaperoning a fieldtrip that a few other adults have bailed on, so I'm responsible for about 20 kids. Will be stopping at Starbucks first thing in the morning.

Good night, everybody!
    Field trip! *runs screaming* I'd have to stop by a bar on the way home.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

The only other forum I've been involved in was a Fleetwood Mac forum, and honestly that was just being crazy people most of the time. I do wish I'd saved the rewritten version of "Gold Dust Woman" I'd done that represented my at-the-time work experience of using a programming language called Cobol. It was hilarious. "Rock on Cobol woman..." Damn, wish I had saved it.
    Cobol, OMG, that takes me back. Mr. SR would have loved that song.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    You totally made sense! Don't change a thing!

I've totally ditched NCIS this season, for much the same reason you mentioned for Supernatural. It's become borr-ring.
    I was beginning to feel that way about NCIS, but Jamie Lee Curtis has saved it for me. She and Gibbs are a match made in heaven. They have Sparky level chemistry to me.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Sisters. Can't live with them. Can't sell them.

Or as the piece of artwork I got my sister says. "I smile because your my sister and laugh because there's nothing you can do about it."
    Sounds like me and my "little" brother. He's in his 50's now and is still annoying me, teasing me and playing tricks on me. Some things never change.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Crikey, how did I miss that? *facepalm* I should change that to 'stood at attention', or 'mock salute'. It was interesting reading that after all this time. I thought you'd comment about the poor sentence structure (it's shocking). There's also the the odd attention to detail - to borrow a JG criticism, the cow didn't just walk into the barn, she strolled casually in and noticed that the straw in the furthermost stall was soiled and in need of changing, so decided to pick another stall. This earned approval from the other two cows in the barn, whom she didn't bother communicating with due to their amusing looking horns.
    Frankly, I didn't notice any (well, many) grammar errors because I wasn't looking for them. A good beta would find all those after the fic was completed. But the salute thing is, as you probably know, one of my pet peeves.

I think for any characters that we love on this thread, their run is over. Any Stargate from this point on will likely be a blended movie (which I don't care for, I'd rather see a 'pure' SG-1 movie as I think it's the format that best lends itself to a movie) or a complete reset. I'd prefer not to see either of these options, but I wasn't a fan of the idea of SGU and I liked the first season (have not seen the second yet) so they might surprise me again.
    I shudder to think what they might come up with in the future. I would give it a chance, as I did SGU, and might like it, but if most of the old cast is missing, I know it won't be the same.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello and good morning, Sparkyville! As multi-quote is a nightmare on my phone, this will have to do.

Field trip = picking up a bottle of sparkling wine or 6 pack of beer on the way home. Although with the uber sensitive tooth I currently have, will be drinking through a straw. Going to dentist tomorrow.

I am happy to say, the dizzyness has dissipated! Felt great this morning, though that may change after the field trip. If it happens again, you bet your butt I'll go to the doctor!

Am still holding out for Tiva on NCIS because I'm an eternally optimistic shipper, but I agree with Auntie SR. Jamie Lee Curtis and Mark Harmon play an awesome couple, and I love the chemistry between them. Sparks fly, indeed.

And mandogater? The picture frame that says "I'm smiling because we're sisters and laughing because there's nothing you can do about it"? I have it. I put the best pic of my little sister and I in it. I'm probably 10 and she'd be around 8, and she looks disgusted with me. Perfect!

Anyhow, will be leaving school soon. Better go grab some referrals. Just in case.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I think for any characters that we love on this thread, their run is over. Any Stargate from this point on will likely be a blended movie (which I don't care for, I'd rather see a 'pure' SG-1 movie as I think it's the format that best lends itself to a movie) or a complete reset. I'd prefer not to see either of these options, but I wasn't a fan of the idea of SGU and I liked the first season (have not seen the second yet) so they might surprise me again.
        Sadly, I think you're right about the blended movie or total reset options being the most likely.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

I was beginning to feel that way about NCIS, but Jamie Lee Curtis has saved it for me. She and Gibbs are a match made in heaven. They have Sparky level chemistry to me.
        Hmm, I guess I may have to check that out when the reruns start.

I shudder to think what they might come up with in the future. I would give it a chance, as I did SGU, and might like it, but if most of the old cast is missing, I know it won't be the same.
        Honestly, if it turns out to be a blended movie, my guess is it'll be mostly SGU, with a couple of people from SG-1 and SGA thrown in. Not what I'm interested in, that's for sure.

Field trip = picking up a bottle of sparkling wine or 6 pack of beer on the way home. Although with the uber sensitive tooth I currently have, will be drinking through a straw. Going to dentist tomorrow.

I am happy to say, the dizzyness has dissipated! Felt great this morning, though that may change after the field trip. If it happens again, you bet your butt I'll go to the doctor!
        Hmm, I wonder if the tooth is partly to blame for the dizziness somehow. Good thing that's getting taken care of very soon.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sisters. Can't live with them. Can't sell them.
          Too true.

Or as the piece of artwork I got my sister says. "I smile because your my sister and laugh because there's nothing you can do about it."
          OMGODDESS - LOVE THIS!!!

Must tell her this in the morning... or maybe I should wait until after she's helped me finish assembling the furniture in my new flat. *ponders*
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I would probably have to stop by the bar before the field trip Then again, I'm not sure why I'd have a gaggle of school children following me

Cobol, OMG, that takes me back. Mr. SR would have loved that song.
            I may have to google this. All I can think of is the BSG reference.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, back the truck up a bit. Jamie Lee Curtis is on NCIS now? Tasty

Frankly, I didn't notice any (well, many) grammar errors because I wasn't looking for them. A good beta would find all those after the fic was completed. But the salute thing is, as you probably know, one of my pet peeves.
            I noticed quite a few grammar errors, notwithstanding the ones I wasn't aware of I should have picked up on the salute *smacks hand* One of the things I liked about SG-1 getting Landry in s9/10 was that Cam & Sam actually stood to attention when required.

As I said, I did end up liking s1 SGU. But, as David Hewlett said, I didn't view it as a Stargate production. Had it been something that aired straight after SGA (or even SG-1) here, I would have given it a wide berth

Hello and good morning, Sparkyville! As multi-quote is a nightmare on my phone, this will have to do.

Am still holding out for Tiva on NCIS because I'm an eternally optimistic shipper, but I agree with Auntie SR. Jamie Lee Curtis and Mark Harmon play an awesome couple, and I love the chemistry between them. Sparks fly, indeed.

And mandogater? The picture frame that says "I'm smiling because we're sisters and laughing because there's nothing you can do about it"? I have it. I put the best pic of my little sister and I in it. I'm probably 10 and she'd be around 8, and she looks disgusted with me. Perfect!

Anyhow, will be leaving school soon. Better go grab some referrals. Just in case.
            Oh, boy, Tiva is still going? That Bellisario really is an expert at drawing out a ship *has bad JAG flashback*

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Sadly, I think you're right about the blended movie or total reset options being the most likely.

Hmm, I guess I may have to check that out when the reruns start.

Honestly, if it turns out to be a blended movie, my guess is it'll be mostly SGU, with a couple of people from SG-1 and SGA thrown in. Not what I'm interested in, that's for sure.
            Which is why a reset (as in, a completely new cast and new premise, possibly as a pseudo-pilot for a new series) is probably the most likely option. SGU was cancelled after two years, so I can't see them wanting to make a movie from it. SGA's EatG sort of wrapped that series up, and SG-1 (although I think their 'mission of the day' format lends itself best to a movie) would have issues with cast availability IMO (as well as the 30mins of exposition at the start to get all the characters back to the SGC and on SG-1). Still, they may surprise me
            sigpic

Comment

Totally stealing those, especially the first one
              Be my guest.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Jamie Lee Curtis' character and her chemistry with Gibbs has almost drawn me back into NCIS.

After SGU I'm not all that sure I would watch any movie or new series. I'd probaly wait and see what any one you all had to say about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Too true.

OMGODDESS - LOVE THIS!!!

Must tell her this in the morning... or maybe I should wait until after she's helped me finish assembling the furniture in my new flat. *ponders*
                  Makes me wonder why I never thought of it sooner.

I say wait till the furniture is done. Just in case.

Comment

hey spark-ites. just checking in. my laptop is still on the fritz so i don't know when or if this one will ever be repaired. (It's a four year old laptop so im thinking it's time for a new one.) anyway hope you guys are having fun.

Comment

I noticed quite a few grammar errors, notwithstanding the ones I wasn't aware of I should have picked up on the salute *smacks hand* One of the things I liked about SG-1 getting Landry in s9/10 was that Cam & Sam actually stood to attention when required.
                      When I go back and reread old fics of mine I just cringe and always wonder how I could possibly have missed so many errors. It's impossible to edit your own work, no matter how much arrogant people like me keep trying.

Oh, boy, Tiva is still going? That Bellisario really is an expert at drawing out a ship *has bad JAG flashback*
                      Spoiler:
                      Not just going, but finally looking like it might go somewhere. Personally, I see no romantic chemistry there, but really don't have a dog in that fight. So, I say whatever.

Which is why a reset (as in, a completely new cast and new premise, possibly as a pseudo-pilot for a new series) is probably the most likely option. SGU was cancelled after two years, so I can't see them wanting to make a movie from it. SGA's EatG sort of wrapped that series up, and SG-1 (although I think their 'mission of the day' format lends itself best to a movie) would have issues with cast availability IMO (as well as the 30mins of exposition at the start to get all the characters back to the SGC and on SG-1). Still, they may surprise me
                      I'm glad to see someone else agrees with me there. I keep reading posts about how EatG left so many open plot holes and how so much was left unresolved, but I just don't see it. Aside from the problem of what to do with Todd, there's not much. Ronon, Teyla and her family could easily go back to the Pegasus on the Daedalus. The city could be moved into orbit or relocated to Antartica. I don't see any other open-ended storylines.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I'm glad to see someone else agrees with me there. I keep reading posts about how EatG left so many open plot holes and how so much was left unresolved, but I just don't see it. Aside from the problem of what to do with Todd, there's not much. Ronon, Teyla and her family could easily go back to the Pegasus on the Daedalus. The city could be moved into orbit or relocated to Antartica. I don't see any other open-ended storylines.
                        Well, any storylines that were dealt with directly in EatG, that is. I'm guessing those people talking about unresoloved storylines may be thinking more of unresolved storylines from the entire series... like the evil Asgard or Weir and the Replicators, for example.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, any storylines that were dealt with directly in EatG, that is. I'm guessing those people talking about unresoloved storylines may be thinking more of unresolved storylines from the entire series... like the evil Asgard or Weir and the Replicators, for example.
                          I think I'm one of those people...
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

See I don't even see that. The Replicators are gone. Yeah, the evil Asgard are out there, but there will always be enemies of some sort. The Wraith aren't entirely gone either, but what series ever solves all their problems before ending? I am never one to stick up for TPTB, but in their minds they seemed to think the Pegasus part of Atlantis was on the back burner until Earth was safe and were planning to pick that story up again with a movie. Alas, that never happened.

And you can add floating Weir as one of those loose ends too.
                            sigpic

Comment

I’m back from my mini-vacation now. So many great conversation topics that I can’t go into each and every one of them but some I wanted to add to.

I've seen what you mentioned about criticism of the shows also. Every fandom seems to dislike the writers/producers and likes to bad mouth them no matter what they do. The very people who created the show and characters you loved in the beginning are now suddenly unable to do anything right? I know we had a lot of that with SGA and the change in showrunners did cause a lot of problems in S4-5, but it has been amusing and puzzling to see how many different opinions there are about the same subjects.

If I could turn back time, I would stay out of even the SGA fandom and would dream my Sparky dreams in ignorance. Because then I would have been left thinking they didn't get together because she left the show, not for any other reason. And the Shep/Teyla pairing would never have entered my mind either. I too was shocked to learn about that when I first came online. Then I decided it was a red herring and still am not 100% sure it wasn't. I wouldn't have been more surprised than if I had gone on a Bones site and been told they intended to get Booth together with Cam or any other number of combinations from other shows. But no matter how many times I watch SGA or how I try to imagine the possibility of there being no feelings between John and Elizabeth, I just can't make myself
                              see it.
                              This, for me the SGA fandom in quite new, I’ve loved the show since it was airing here back in 2005 (or it’s possible that it started airing here in 2006 I don’t remember but either way I did see every episode from ‘rising’ to ‘EATG’) however I never got involved with the fandom and I think a big reason for that for me was because my favourite character was Elizabeth and when she disappear I didn’t have the same love for the show and I did still watch it and enjoyed it but not the same way, I also was pretty young and I didn’t really spend much time on computers so internet forums wasn’t something I was involved in. Then I saw the show again a long while later and then as someone who is older I remembered what I loved about the show and then I came to GW to see if others had the same ides that I had and found this thread. I was involved in a few other fandoms before SGA, most notably was Star Wars which I still love but that I’m not really involved with anymore.
                              When it comes to fandoms though I always try to stay positive and think of the things I like about a show/movie before thinking of the things that I wish could have been different but mostly those ideas stays in my mind, I did like you try to watch the show when I re-watched it this past fall as the showrunners had planed to see if I could get into that but I still didn’t see it and it was still Sparky for me. That’s why I like this thread, here you really can think aloud since we all seem to have a fairly similar idea of what we enjoyed and what we think that maybe they could have done differently without being rude about it to either the showrunners or the cast which is how it should be and in some way I understand the showrunners, it’s not easy to please the fans and still keep a show/movie the way you want to keep it but I can admit that in some cases with SGA that it could have been handled better and that they might have benefitted from listening to the fans at times.

See I don't even see that. The Replicators are gone. Yeah, the evil Asgard are out there, but there will always be enemies of some sort. The Wraith aren't entirely gone either, but what series ever solves all their problems before ending? I am never one to stick up for TPTB, but in their minds they seemed to think the Pegasus part of Atlantis was on the back burner until Earth was safe and were planning to pick that story up again with a movie. Alas, that never happened.

I actually agree with this, I do think that there was some loose ends, thing that I never understood why they threw in there in the first place like all those advanced cultures that repli!Weir mentioned existed but we never got any more of that, and then there was the new super wraith idea they seem to have had for EATG, and of course the biggest one of all that really, really needed to be resolved it was the Elizabeth storyline because I have such a hard time still believing that they really would just leave her there for all eternity (well I don’t know how long she would live in that state but it would be for a very long time) and not having the other characters even at least try to find a way to help her, even if it just had been, and I don’t know how I would feel about it, to make sure that the nanites would be harmless again and let her settle on some planet somewhere where she could live the rest of her life in peace preferable with John by her side…ok maybe that wouldn’t happened but I dunno, at least they could have given her a better ending than what they gave her, even if it was her saving Atlantis and the people in it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Not just going, but finally looking like it might go somewhere. Personally, I see no romantic chemistry there, but really don't have a dog in that fight. So, I say whatever.
                                Spoiler:

Oh *headdesk* I know its just a tv show, but to me I think if they'd pined over each other for that long but not gotten together, then it wasn't meant to be. I'm sure a person could be infatuated with another for that period of time without doing anything about it, but tru wuv? No.

Spanky don't even need the Deadalus, they could just gate back to Pegasus. Presuming the Athosians are on a planet with a gate.

Any open plot holes I saw in EatG were contained to the episode itself (things like: why was Carson flying the city instead of Shep or Lorne, why didn't they just toss an overloading reactor thru the gate at the midway point or park a jumper in front of the gate and fire some drones through, why did the wraith reanimate Ronon, does Caldwell have to say "more than once" when he gives the order to fire....) rather than anything lingering afterwards, although......

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I think I'm one of those people...

....what's been mentioned here aren't imminent threats, at least not to Earth. The replicators are gone, insofar as we know, and unless TPTB decide to bring them back. The wraith are carrying on as usual, which can be monitored just as easily from Earth as it could from Atlantis, and now the Deadalus can actually stay in Pegasus a lot longer instead of making supply runs. Even in their own movie, TPTW only took the city back to Pegasus because it was going to explode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X