X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Easter
    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and Happy Easter! And thank you to syfyfan and Pocus for the cute Easter pics!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Respected each other, sure, but what changed to make them friends? When they arrive back on the Deadalus, Teyla is their new BFF (or at least, that's the way that scene always comes across to me). Teyla was always (understandably) a lot closer to John than to Elizabeth, although The Gift may have changed that.
      *snorts* The Gift, Letters From Pegasus... Yeah, Teyla's rose-colored glasses not only got taken off, they were broken.

The irony of that is that given how little screentime Kanaan actually got, they'd hardly have had to do much to accomodate Ronon/Teyla, or Teyla/anyone else
      Indeed.

To a point. There wasn't much John could do in that situation, he was following orders, regardless of whether Elizabeth agreed with them or not. I don't begrudge either of them for disagreeing over the plan, although they did seem to take it incredibly personally. The OOC John scene that stuck out to me was the Fantastic Four reference - he's a grown man, not twelve FCOL!

I always thought the mistake they made there was having Elizabeth only partially disagreeing (the line it's an ineffectual first strike turned out to be particularly accurate) with her wanting to stall the Asurans until the PWARW's were ready. They also flubbed in the Weir/Ellis office scene when she won him over (diplomacy, anyone?), although the "you don't have the authority" bit was a bit hammy.
      The Fantastic Four bit never struck me as odd... remember, this is the same man who back in Season 1 told the Athosian children "ghost stories" that were really the plots of 1980s horror movies.

I definitely agree with you about the idiocy with which they handled the conflict over the attack plan and Elizabeth dealing with Ellis. And then there's this...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I hadn't thought about that angle. The idea that Weir was a woman didn't seem to make much difference. Why complain about it now? And that scene also gave the Weir haters more ammunition. It's like they were setting her up for removal. They wouldn't have done that, surely.
      You betcha. They really were too obvious about what they were trying to do, which made the whole thing look even worse overall.

Since that was one of the few scenes we had with someone actually grieving for Elizabeth, I don't think that would have been appropriate. The canonization of Spanky should have come when they spent the time together in the Return eps when the others were gone. They seemed very much like a couple then.
      Oh definitely.

I always thought Teyla/Carson would have made sense. Having him be the father would have solved a lot of problems.
      So did I. Out of all the potential candidates for Teyla's significant other that we had seen prior to S4, Carson really seemed the most logical. Even taking Carson out in Sunday would've solved the problem of having to write the "icky lovey dovey" scenes that TPTW seemed to have an aversion to.

Ellis was a bit hammy throughout. He was an arrogant jerk, and Elizabeth easily handled him. They tried to make this about military vs civilian similar to Trinity. But it failed miserably. However, it does prove that John didn't do everything her way because she had emasculated him and/or he was afraid of her.
      *snerks*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh, and one more thing...

S-minus 3 hours and 30 minutes until today's The Defiant One post-a-thon!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
          I love it, but I love your sig and avatar even more.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
          Thanks, and the same to you.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Oh, and one more thing...

S-minus 3 hours and 30 minutes until today's The Defiant One post-a-thon!
          *iz jealous* But I'll be eating Hummingbird Cake and picking the feathers out of my teeth.

Happy Easter everyone and also Happy Passover.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I love it, but I love your sig and avatar even more.
            Amen to that! Hee!

*iz jealous* But I'll be eating Hummingbird Cake and picking the feathers out of my teeth.
            LMAO! Poor hummingbirds!

Happy Easter everyone and also Happy Passover.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../chocobuns.jpg
            *dies laughing* Though I have to ask, whoever eats their chocolate bunny butt first?

Comment

Possibly saw a leprechaun today... that, or it was the Easterbunny... *ponders*

Anyhow, loving the B&B's that have free wifi...

I wrote a Carson/Teyla once. They're easy to write for as a couple, they could totally fit.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Guest have left so now I'm ready for the post-a-thon in two hours.

So cute and funny.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Possibly saw a leprechaun today... that, or it was the Easterbunny... *ponders*

Anyhow, loving the B&B's that have free wifi...

I wrote a Carson/Teyla once. They're easy to write for as a couple, they could totally fit.
                  Those holiday mascots are tagteaming again!

And yay for free wifi! Always love having that on a vacation.

Carson/Teyla... *sighs* I so wish they would've made that canon on the show.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                  Guest have left so now I'm ready for the post-a-thon in two hours.
                  Excellent!

S-minus 1 hour and 15 minutes to our The Defiant One post-a-thon!

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes to today's The Defiant One post-a-thon!

Comment

Hi, I'm here, but I don't know if I'll be here through the entire post-a-thon. Having an off day and have some RL stuff I have to take care of. So I'll snark as much as possible while I can!

Comment

S-20 minutes!

Comment

S-minus 15 minutes to The Defiant One!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            Hi, I'm here, but I don't know if I'll be here through the entire post-a-thon. Having an off day and have some RL stuff I have to take care of. So I'll snark as much as possible while I can!
                            Any amount of snark is welcome! Hope we can cheer you up and make this off day an awesome day!

Comment

S-minus 10 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Any amount of snark is welcome! Hope we can cheer you up and make this off day an awesome day!
                                We'll see ...

Off to Twitter to tweet about the post-a-thon one more time before post-a-thon actually starts ...

Snark minus 6 minutes!

Comment

Working...
                                X