No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Agreed, and I'd also add that the Teyla/Elizabeth friendship is really obvious with that scene. It proves they talked about personal things. And since Ronon was the only one of the boys who knew about Kanaan, it also proves Teyla wasn't as close to John and Rodney. Pretty obvious also that Teyla at least suspected there was more to the John/Liz relationship than met the eye due to the way she was so quick to reassure her that John was not the father. That little scene was just full of information on all sorts of subjects. LOL
    Yup. Very telling, isn't it?

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    I agree. And good observation about Ronan and Teyla. I always attributed his knowing about Kanaan to being that the Pegasus locals stick together, so I always figured that Ronan and Teyla would be closer than with other members of the Expedition.
    Yeah, Ronon and Teyla definitely seemed to develop a kind of "brother-sister" kind of relationship, especially later in the series.

Yeah, I would've loved to see Elizabeth and Teyla have a girls day out or something like that. It would've been fun! Especially when the girls start talking about guys
    We so should've gotten that "Elizabeth and Teyla doing yoga" scene that Torri and Rachel wanted. Fail, TPTW, FAIL.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello my darling French daughter. I also can recommend Mirror Mirror. What's not to like about John giving Elizabeth mouth to mouth. Heh.
      Ohhhhh yeah.

I realized today that I am going to miss this Sunday's post-a-thon. I invited SR Jr. and Miss M to dinner and told them to come over at 4pm. What was I thinking? I dunno. Anyway, Easter with my family kinda trumps SGA. And The Defiant One was my all time fave before Vegas came along too. *cries*
      Oh, that's a bummer! But you're right, spending quality time with family comes first. So have fun at Easter dinner!

Irony of ironies, it looks like I will be here for this Sunday's post-a-thon after all. The forecast for Sunday at the Ren Faire site is saying it'll be sunny and in the 80s. Ugh, too hot. So we're going to make a try for next weekend, which the weather report is saying it'll be about ten degrees cooler. Which means that instead of missing The Defiant One, I'll be missing Hot Zone, and all of its lovely snarkitude. Darnit! *pouts*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        We so should've gotten that "Elizabeth and Teyla doing yoga" scene that Torri and Rachel wanted. Fail, TPTW, FAIL.
        That would have been a great scene, especially considering how limber and flexible both Torri and Rachel are in real life they could have done something pretty amazing with that scene, I bet it would have been a favorite scene for many guys as well (and no, not in that way just having two hot women in the same scene), I also would have enjoyed a scene where maybe Teyla was giving Elizabeth some fighting lessons or something. They could have also had fun with it and had the guys asking if they could watch, I mean even Joe and Paul joked about how they wouldn't have minded their characters walking in on it or something however my personal favorite would have been to see them first do something and than maybe doing some talking, just to see them bonding, it didn't have to be a big deal if the writers had such a hard time writing women, I think Torri and Rachel could have handled turning that scene into something more, but they could have just given the two of them a few scenes together without the guys, I think they earned that, and especially since they wanted it themselves it sucks even more that it didn't happen.
        sigpic

Comment

Hello my darling French daughter. I also can recommend Mirror Mirror. What's not to like about John giving Elizabeth mouth to mouth. Heh.
          Seriously? Wow. Now why couldn't they have that on the show?

I realized today that I am going to miss this Sunday's post-a-thon. I invited SR Jr. and Miss M to dinner and told them to come over at 4pm. What was I thinking? I dunno. Anyway, Easter with my family kinda trumps SGA. And The Defiant One was my all time fave before Vegas came along too. *cries*
          I’m sad to see that you won’t be here but I hope that you’ll have great time with your family and hopefully you’ll be here during next week’s post-a-thon.

Irony of ironies, it looks like I will be here for this Sunday's post-a-thon after all. The forecast for Sunday at the Ren Faire site is saying it'll be sunny and in the 80s. Ugh, too hot. So we're going to make a try for next weekend, which the weather report is saying it'll be about ten degrees cooler. Which means that instead of missing The Defiant One, I'll be missing Hot Zone, and all of its lovely snarkitude. Darnit! *pouts*
          Great to see that you’ll be here on Sunday but sucks that you miss ‘Hot Zone’, the Renaissance Fair (I’m assuming it is that you mean) does sound like a fun thing though.
          Last edited by Brie; 06 April 2012, 02:00 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Hey y'all. No time to respond to all the great convo, but I have to add that I might not be here this weekend either. It depends on how long our Easter party at my brother's house goes.

Comment

You mentioned the possible loss of chemistry. I can see that coming if they continue down this path. Just look at what happened with Bones. They have completely lost it as far as I am concerned. I still have high hopes for Castle though.

The back and forth on admitting feelings is just good drama, but it's very hard on the avid fans.
              That's what really scares me. The last episode had me pulling my hair out a bit. Considering the fact I don't have a lot left, it's absolutely not a good thing.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

*cringes* I don't wanna take the title away from gateraid ...

Yeah, I would've loved to see Elizabeth and Teyla have a girls day out or something like that. It would've been fun! Especially when the girls start talking about guys
                Every master needs an apprentice.

Sounds like a great idea for a fic. *Sends giant carrot cake to plot bunnies*
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Howdy, folks! Spent the day with my mother and sister, having a Girl's Day Out. Started with brunch at First Watch, then off to Busch Gardens! My feet are sore. Never wearing that particular pair of sandals again.

So lemme catch up:

Wha -- huh? Ooh, I'm definitely going to have to buy it now. B&N won't appreciate it if their only copy has drool on those pages.

Oh drats! Well, have fun with your family. We'll miss you, and be extra snarky in your honor.

Now all I can see is that video of Torri at a con, doing a split. If they'd done that on the show, John should've walked in the room and made some comment. DANG IT!!!

As with SR, we'll snark more during your absence in your honor.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                  That would have been a great scene, especially considering how limber and flexible both Torri and Rachel are in real life they could have done something pretty amazing with that scene, I bet it would have been a favorite scene for many guys as well (and no, not in that way just having two hot women in the same scene), I also would have enjoyed a scene where maybe Teyla was giving Elizabeth some fighting lessons or something. They could have also had fun with it and had the guys asking if they could watch, I mean even Joe and Paul joked about how they wouldn't have minded their characters walking in on it or something however my personal favorite would have been to see them first do something and than maybe doing some talking, just to see them bonding, it didn't have to be a big deal if the writers had such a hard time writing women, I think Torri and Rachel could have handled turning that scene into something more, but they could have just given the two of them a few scenes together without the guys, I think they earned that, and especially since they wanted it themselves it sucks even more that it didn't happen.
                  *video still stuck in head*

Yeah, it kinda sucks that the only friendship scene between Lizzeh/Teyla that comes to mind is during "First Strike" when they're in Elizabeth's office and she confides that she thinks she'll have to step down. Maybe I need to rewatch the rest of the series in a hurry, but that's the only one I can think of. Point? We needed more.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Hey y'all. No time to respond to all the great convo, but I have to add that I might not be here this weekend either. It depends on how long our Easter party at my brother's house goes.
                  As with SR and SK during their respective absences, we will drink more in your honor.

Sorry, meant "snark". It's been a long day.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

*fic bunnies sniff carrot and gobble it, then pass out in a sugar induced coma*

Yeah. Don't expect one any time soon, though I do agree. I'll ask the bunnies to put it on the "Sometime this Year To-Do List".

Off to watch "In Plain Sight." Back later!

Comment

Oh, drat. Well, we'll see you if you can make it, and if not, then as ShipperWriter said, we'll drink snark more in your honor.

That sounds so very Star Wars.

"Join the Dark Side! We have cookies!"

Howdy, folks! Spent the day with my mother and sister, having a Girl's Day Out. Started with brunch at First Watch, then off to Busch Gardens! My feet are sore. Never wearing that particular pair of sandals again.
                    Sounds like a great day! (except for the sore feet, of course)

Wha -- huh? Ooh, I'm definitely going to have to buy it now. B&N won't appreciate it if their only copy has drool on those pages.

Now all I can see is that video of Torri at a con, doing a split. If they'd done that on the show, John should've walked in the room and made some comment. DANG IT!!!
                    I know, right? Preferably with eyes widened in appreciation of Elizabeth's magnificent physical prowess.

*video still stuck in head*

Yeah, it kinda sucks that the only friendship scene between Lizzeh/Teyla that comes to mind is during "First Strike" when they're in Elizabeth's office and she confides that she thinks she'll have to step down. Maybe I need to rewatch the rest of the series in a hurry, but that's the only one I can think of. Point? We needed more.
                    Point noted for Atlantis Rising.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Holy smokes... [insert lightbulb] ...I need to see Doppelganger again. ... Not all of it, not that part... *potential epiphany on the way*

Edit: in relation to Teyla/Kanaan, GITM, Elizabeth knowing of Kanaan... and what Brie mentioned in relation to the Legacy books, the part about Kate.
                      I know, right? It's kinda hard not to get that impression. After all, if she and Kate were just friends, then her death wouldn't have been the impetus to get together with Kanaan, whom she'd been 'good friends' with all her life

Anyhow... I'll be exploring the west of Ireland the next few days, and won't be around so don't worry if I don't show up... I'm bouncing around green fields, chasing leprechauns.
                      Have fun, we'll miss ya

Seconding that recommendation. I also like Casualties of War, and Reliquary is good (and kinda spooky/freaky) too.
                      Everyone keeps reccing these books, might have to read some. One day

I'm part of that fandom too. I'm just getting tired of how horrid their timing is whenever they decide to finally admit their feelings to each other.

That last bit is worthy of gateraid.
                      Agreed, and I'd also add that the Teyla/Elizabeth friendship is really obvious with that scene. It proves they talked about personal things. And since Ronon was the only one of the boys who knew about Kanaan, it also proves Teyla wasn't as close to John and Rodney. Pretty obvious also that Teyla at least suspected there was more to the John/Liz relationship than met the eye due to the way she was so quick to reassure her that John was not the father. That little scene was just full of information on all sorts of subjects. LOL
                      I give them some leeway on that, as Kanaan was a bit of an afterthought. Not much though, as they could just as easily have said John was aware of Kanaan. In fact, if they wanted to demonstrate his feelings for her, he could have scoffed at the notion that Kanaan was the father

*cringes* I don't wanna take the title away from gateraid ...
                      Share and share alike, I say

Yeah, Ronon and Teyla definitely seemed to develop a kind of "brother-sister" kind of relationship, especially later in the series.
                      Because the ****ing moron was too slow to make a ****ing move on her!!!! It's a big pointer that they still wanted Sheyla (or at least to tease it). The s2/3 stuff with those two could've easily been shippy, although given that nothing happened by then end, in retrospect it looks sibling-ish. Except that Ronon got together with Teyla-lite but whatever *shrugs*

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                      Yep But I suspect thats all it would have been, a blatantly obvious attempt to "wow" fans. Too cynical?

Happy Easter, whatever you end up doing

There are many masters on this thread

That scene fell flat for me, mostly because I don't believe Elizabeth would say any of that (especially the resigning bit). But what happened to the missing scenes in the progression of their relationship? In s1, they were mildly antagonistic. Suddenly that was dropped at the start of s2 - what happened?
                      sigpic

Comment

Fic Rec: was on Command Dynamics site and read a story called Beginning's end and it was based on the alternate reality that was shown in "Before I Sleep" and i gotta tell you it is really good. so i would definitely recommend it. lots and lots of sparky moments.

here's the link http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...ry.php?sid=787
                        Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 07 April 2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          I know, right? It's kinda hard not to get that impression. After all, if she and Kate were just friends, then her death wouldn't have been the impetus to get together with Kanaan, whom she'd been 'good friends' with all her life

Have fun, we'll miss ya

I give them some leeway on that, as Kanaan was a bit of an afterthought. Not much though, as they could just as easily have said John was aware of Kanaan. In fact, if they wanted to demonstrate his feelings for her, he could have scoffed at the notion that Kanaan was the father

Share and share alike, I say

Because the ****ing moron was too slow to make a ****ing move on her!!!! It's a big pointer that they still wanted Sheyla (or at least to tease it). The s2/3 stuff with those two could've easily been shippy, although given that nothing happened by then end, in retrospect it looks sibling-ish. Except that Ronon got together with Teyla-lite but whatever *shrugs*

Yep But I suspect thats all it would have been, a blatantly obvious attempt to "wow" fans. Too cynical?

Happy Easter, whatever you end up doing

There are many masters on this thread

That scene fell flat for me, mostly because I don't believe Elizabeth would say any of that (especially the resigning bit). But what happened to the missing scenes in the progression of their relationship? In s1, they were mildly antagonistic. Suddenly that was dropped at the start of s2 - what happened?
                          I always thought they did a pretty good job in S1 of showing that Teyla and Elizabeth respected each other as leaders. The scene in Suspicion when Teyla tells Elizabeth that she would have done the same thing regarding the Athosians kind of sets that scene. They are always very smiley with each other, and I think, being men, the writers just leave it to us to assume that everyone knows they are friends instead of showing us. They really were experts at telling, not showing weren't they? Except when they intended the opposite, like with Sparky. Amazing.

And I agree on that scene in FS. Elizabeth would never resign from the job that was her life. She was very OOC in that scene.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          Fic Rec: was on Command Dynamics site and read a story called Beginning's end and it was based on the alternate reality that was shown in "Before I Sleep" and i gotta tell you it is really good. so i would definitely recommend it. lots and lots of sparky moments.

here's the link http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...ry.php?sid=787
                          That is indeed a really good fic.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Happy Easter everyone!

I know what you mean, like take 'Echoes' as an example (which is among my favorite episodes btw) it was definatly a Spanky undertone through the whole episodes, I mean like how Ronan was by Teyla's side through the whole episode, it was pretty darn cute (and of course we can't forget the obvious Sparky but that's not the point here), I always wondered what the idea was with that episode though I'm not complaining.

You're right, if they had built the friendship from the beginning then maybe not but just throwing it in there would have been to weird.

I always thought they did a pretty good job in S1 of showing that Teyla and Elizabeth respected each other as leaders. The scene in Suspicion when Teyla tells Elizabeth that she would have done the same thing regarding the Athosians kind of sets that scene. They are always very smiley with each other, and I think, being men, the writers just leave it to us to assume that everyone knows they are friends instead of showing us. They really were experts at telling, not showing weren't they? Except when they intended the opposite, like with Sparky. Amazing.

And I agree on that scene in FS. Elizabeth would never resign from the job that was her life. She was very OOC in that scene.
                            I agree with both of that, loved seeing scene with Elizabeth and Teyla but the scene in FS was just to OOC and it just didn't feel right. I mean this comes from a woman who didn't just give up her life on earth for Atlantis and the people on it but who gave up her life period for it and them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Indeed.

Heh! Just stick with the books numbered in the single digits and you'll be fine.

Afterthought, last minute sea change, whatever. But yeah, they totally could have handled the presentation better than they did.

Very true! Really, I could totally have bought that Ronon was Torren's father, coming after episodes like Echoes. The only thing I can think is that TPTW just couldn't stomach the plotting headaches that would ensue with having a relationship going on between members of Team Shep, which is why they ended up not going with either John or Ronon for Teyla. A relationship with someone outside the team (or other members of the expedition with each other, like Beckett and Cadman), yes, but not within the team. Chickens.

Considering what else we've been cynical about, nah, that's not too cynical.

I've got to agree with SR, it's the "tell not show" mentality that the writers seemed to get stuck in, more than anything else..

And frankly, I'd have to say that all of FS was OOC for practically all of the characters.

Comment

And frankly, I'd have to say that all of FS was OOC for practically all of the characters.
                                I would agree, except for the parts where John was obviously upset that Elizabeth was mad at him and kept trying to sidle up to her and find out just how mad she was and if she had forgiven him yet.

Oh, and then the part where he's devastated to find out she's injured and we see the first of the best woobie faces.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X