No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two scenes that you can't forget is of course and ironically the bed room scenes, both the one in John's bedroom in 'Home'

And the one in Elizabeth's bedroom in 'The Return pt 1'

Were both great and full of Sparky eye!sex, in the scene in 'Home' it was all about home and humor and in the one in 'The Return' it was all about sadness and almost despare, like they knew that they wouldn't be spending as much time, if any, together anymore. You can really imagine how both those scenes could have continued.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Anyhow, in S4, during "Miller's Crossing", there's a moment when they're talking about nanites, and Ronan says, "You mean like the ones in Weir?" and John does this:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...johnwoobie.png

Yeah. Totally unaffected, my a$$.
      That's a great moment, and it was all Joe. Another pic of it:

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      Of course we can't end this day without some 'the eye' pics.

Spoiler for the height:

Spoiler:

The way he is can't really stand any closer to her in the secon pic and the way he looks at her in the 4th one.

And of course we can't forget this:

[]http://i40.tinypic.com/2e4w9aw.jpg[/]
      Very nice! One thing about the Eye is how he never leaves her side after rescuing her from Kolya. Like I said in the post-a-thon, whenever I watch the end scene I laugh about the invisible rubber band that makes him walk off after her. I love this fic, which explains how John, Elizabeth, and Rodney deal with the aftermath : Storm Damage

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Ahhhhh I'm so sad. I missed the post-a thon.
      I love this episode.

BTW, hello my sparky family. No I'm not dead. Juste really really busy but I didn't forget you.
      Did I miss something really big?
      Hi there!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Oh yes, that moment from The Real World is definitely a defining one for Sparky. And speaking of actions speaking louder than words, I'd have to say that John going Rambo in The Eye to avenge Elizabeth after Kolya claimed she was dead is another such moment. He knew Rodney was still alive, but the thought of his actions putting the risk of greater harm on Rodney didn't deter John at all from his quest to annihilate Kolya and the rest of the Genii on Atlantis. And the only thing that brought him up short was Kolya letting slip that Weir was still alive. The way that Sheppard screeches to a halt in shock at that revelation is very telling.
      Agreed, 100%. I think Kolya mentioned Elizabeth on purpose, not on accident. Do you think it was just a slip? I always thought he was trying to get John to cooperate and finally figured out his mistake.

I melt everytime I see that scene, as well as the one where he rushes in, risking his own health and life but doesn't even give that a second though, just so he can help Elizabeth fight the nanites in 'TRW', two other parts that I think shows that there is something there is the hug scene in The Siege pt 3, it's not just the hug but the whole scene, the way they look at each other and the talk about having to stop scaring each other like that, I also think of the part in 'The Long Good-bye' when John agrees to be taken over by Thalen, him agreeing to do it was like a mix between the fact that it was Elizabeth (or so he though) that asked him but one can also wonder what he was thinking knowing that they were married. I really wished they would have at some point talked about it.

On other notes, I decided to pick a new signature and since I can't make a new one I decided to just go with one that I had and choose one of the parts I did for 'The Storm' for now.

hrtp://i41.tinypic.com/iqer2b.jpg
      First off, LOVE the new sig.

You mentioned a ton of great moments. You know John is thinking about finally getting to kiss Elizabeth cause he's all nervous and his voice cracks, plus he licks his lips about a thousand times.

Long day. Insane. RL sucks big time right now.

So I made a Whumped!Sparky sig.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...d702HD-1-1.jpg
      Super pretty! Nicely done.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      He did look awfully smug in that infirmary scene after he had been watching over Lizzeh all night and without even looking at her knew exactly when she woke up. You just knew he was wondering how much she would remember.
      Yeah. He wasn't even looking at her but knew the exact moment she woke up. Too adorable.

So reading the 2nd "Hunger Games" book now. I think I've decided my next project on PS is gonna be a Sparky bookmark. Hee hee!
      I've been reading Hunger Games fanfic lately. When I get obsessed, I go all out. I hope you like it.

Just sticking with Rising, I'd add:

*when Elizabeth raises the Champagne in a "toast" to John
      *when John waves to her before his trip through the gate on the way to Athos
      I loved the wave!! That was so cute. No one else looked back. But it was a personal thing between the 2 of them.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
      Cool!!!!!! You do such great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        It's a re-release in 3D so not a one day event. It's worldwide too. It premiered in London last week, with the cast present. I'm looking forward to seeing it in cinema again. Not too sure about the whole 3D-effect which is more or less an after-effect, and I can't say I much difference in Episode I of Star Wars with the original release.

I saw the film 4 times in 1997 - and many more after that. So, I'm definitely going back for old time's sake (and because I'm incredible Titanic geek - I love the ship and everything surrounding it). And we're going on the 14th of April, which basically makes it pretty much exactly 100 years after the sinking. Extra special.

We even have a competition running one of our radiostations where you can win a trip to the wreckage. If I didn't have to spend 4 days on a rocking ship in the middle of the ocean, I'd do it in the blink of an eye. Must be the moment of a life time...
        I went to see Star Wars:Episode 1 in 3D with my younger brothers and I thought that it looked great, I espacially loved the space parts in 3D it really made it look as big as you imagine it to be. About 'Titanic' 3D over here at least it will be in teaters for a while, I would say about as long as most movies usually run, and I'm definatly planin g to go and see it, I was to young to see it when it came out in '97 and I would love to see it on the big screen.
        Cool! I'm not as big a fan as you, FH, so I probably wouldn't sit for two+ hours to watch it in 3D again, but that is pretty cool. It's been 100 years, wow.

I would like to see Episode One in 3D but it costs so much extra, and I can't afford anything extra right now. Ergo, the reason I didn't buy Season 3 of "Castle" for $15 on sale at Target. Good til April 7th, if anybody wants it!

Two scenes that you can't forget is of course and ironically the bed room scenes, both the one in John's bedroom in 'Home'

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mx0tvr.jpg

And the one in Elizabeth's bedroom in 'The Return pt 1'

http://i44.tinypic.com/14v349g.jpg

Were both great and full of Sparky eye!sex, in the scene in 'Home' it was all about home and humor and in the one in 'The Return' it was all about sadness and almost despare, like they knew that they wouldn't be spending as much time, if any, together anymore. You can really imagine how both those scenes could have continued.
        Y'know, I had actual RL work to do tonight at home ... and those pics not to mention the train of thought that started after reading that last line has derailed any hope of cleaning. Thanks, Brie!

And oh yes. Those scenes are going in SOOPER slo-mo. *cackles and squees*

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...s-crossing.png
        *woobies and pets John*

Very nice! One thing about the Eye is how he never leaves her side after rescuing her from Kolya. Like I said in the post-a-thon, whenever I watch the end scene I laugh about the invisible rubber band that makes him walk off after her. I love this fic, which explains how John, Elizabeth, and Rodney deal with the aftermath : Storm Damage
        Aah, now I get the rubber band thingie. And I don't think I've seen that fic before. Gonna read it after I'm done here.

Agreed, 100%. I think Kolya mentioned Elizabeth on purpose, not on accident. Do you think it was just a slip? I always thought he was trying to get John to cooperate and finally figured out his mistake.
        I always kinda figured it was a slip of the tongue, since Kolya had a lot going on, but after I went back and rewatched the scene, I agree with you. Kolya needed leverage, and considering the reason John went rambo was because Kolya told him Elizabeth was dead, he knew that it would make John cooperate. Which it did. You saw how fast John started down those stairs once Kolya said, "Starting now."

As LadyMore would no doubt remind us if she was here, Kolya is the ultimate Sparky shipper.

You mentioned a ton of great moments. You know John is thinking about finally getting to kiss Elizabeth cause he's all nervous and his voice cracks, plus he licks his lips about a thousand times.
        Aww, young love.

Yeah. He wasn't even looking at her but knew the exact moment she woke up. Too adorable.
        *squees*

I've been reading Hunger Games fanfic lately. When I get obsessed, I go all out. I hope you like it.
        LOVE IT!!! I started reading "Catching Fire" during 1st period this morning, and am almost done now. I've yelled, squeed, sighed, and ranted. They are such well written books! I'm seriously addicted!

But I will remain loyal to my OTP.

I loved the wave!! That was so cute. No one else looked back. But it was a personal thing between the 2 of them.
        Adorable. Still wondering why he did that ...

Comment

He looks so sad, you really want to just hug him and tell him to never give up and listen to his heart becuase I know that deep inside he know the truth, that his Liz still is out there as eager to find him as he is to find her.

First off, LOVE the new sig.

Thank you! and I love how many times he does lick his lips, and he acts like a young boy/man who finally have the courage to tell (or show I guess) the girl he really likes the truth. or in John's case, the possibilty to be able to use the alien influence as an excuse to test the waters so to speak.

That scene was so cute, though I have to admit that I would have loved a scene where they did talk about it, a scene that would have preferably ended with a real kiss, heck, even if it would have been like the scene they did but cut from duet when McKay kissed Cadman becuase he thought that maybe he had feelings for her, I'm not saying that it would be something like that exactly, but maybe they would talk about what happend, not just the kiss but also the part where they tried to kill each other, maybe Liz could mention shoting Ronan and how that affects her and John help her deal with it (more than just what we saw, becuase I mean it wasn't bad but I just feel like there should be more to it, Liz isn't someone who fires a lot of guns and the one time she did, and yeah it was technically someone else but I still think that it would have huge impact on her), and maybe at the end of the scene Liz realise that John really can't get the kiss out of his head or something like that, I'm thinking because he might think that she was somewhat upset with the fact that it happend, even under alien influence but Liz isn't upset about it and to reasure him that everything is fine she would kiss him again as herself before leaving him to his thoughts. Alright, this might be a bad idea but my point was that I would have loved to have seen a scene where they really delt with what happend, becuase it wasn't a little.

It really was, I love that part as well.
          sigpic

Comment

Cool! I'm not as big a fan as you, FH, so I probably wouldn't sit for two+ hours to watch it in 3D again, but that is pretty cool. It's been 100 years, wow.

I would like to see Episode One in 3D but it costs so much extra, and I can't afford anything extra right now. Ergo, the reason I didn't buy Season 3 of "Castle" for $15 on sale at Target. Good til April 7th, if anybody wants it!

Y'know, I had actual RL work to do tonight at home ... and those pics not to mention the train of thought that started after reading that last line has derailed any hope of cleaning. Thanks, Brie!

*woobies and pets John*

Aah, now I get the rubber band thingie. And I don't think I've seen that fic before. Gonna read it after I'm done here.

I always kinda figured it was a slip of the tongue, since Kolya had a lot going on, but after I went back and rewatched the scene, I agree with you. Kolya needed leverage, and considering the reason John went rambo was because Kolya told him Elizabeth was dead, he knew that it would make John cooperate. Which it did. You saw how fast John started down those stairs once Kolya said, "Starting now."

As LadyMore would no doubt remind us if she was here, Kolya is the ultimate Sparky shipper.

Aww, young love.

*squees*

LOVE IT!!! I started reading "Catching Fire" during 1st period this morning, and am almost done now. I've yelled, squeed, sighed, and ranted. They are such well written books! I'm seriously addicted!

But I will remain loyal to my OTP.

Adorable. Still wondering why he did that ...
            I actually have a friend who says she tried reading The Hunger Games and didn't like it. But she doesn't like any sort of survivor games type thing, which I guess is understandable. I don't watch those reality shows either, but I can't imagine not being able to finish the book. Takes all kinds, I guess.

There are a couple of other eyesex/Sparky moments in Rising, but I'm too tired tonight to find pics. I'll do that in the morning. *writes note*
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm sorry, though if it makes you feel any better I made the error of taking a, what I planned to be, short break while cleaning yesterday and walked into the livingroom and saw that one of my brothers was watching season 2 of SGA and of course I got stuck out there and I wound up watching 5 episodes in a row and completly forgot what I was doing in the first place, now that was pretty bad
              sigpic

Comment

I actually have a friend who says she tried reading The Hunger Games and didn't like it. But she doesn't like any sort of survivor games type thing, which I guess is understandable. I don't watch those reality shows either, but I can't imagine not being able to finish the book. Takes all kinds, I guess.

There are a couple of other eyesex/Sparky moments in Rising, but I'm too tired tonight to find pics. I'll do that in the morning. *writes note*
                It's not so much even the plot, but I'm mesmerized by how well written it is. Part of me is insisting I'm reading it for writing tips.

Get some sleep, Auntie, see you in the morning!

I'm sorry, though if it makes you feel any better I made the error of taking a, what I planned to be, short break while cleaning yesterday and walked into the livingroom and saw that one of my brothers was watching season 2 of SGA and of course I got stuck out there and I wound up watching 5 episodes in a row and completly forgot what I was doing in the first place, now that was pretty bad
                Kinda like how I went and read that fic rec that JT posted, which was OMG hilarious, BTW!!! and I ended up finding this. Again. OMG hilarious.

"The Hot Date", set during "The Intruder". Innuendo galore.

Comment

I saw the movie before I read the books (I'm thinking of reading them during my summer vacation) but I loved the movie, I really liked the idea (even if it's also really creepy, teens killing other teens for the entertainment of rich grown-ups) and it had a lot of really great characters and a great cast that played them. I also have to say that for someone who haven't read the books it was still really easy to follow and understand the movie which I thought was great.

Well, now I'm getting tired so I'm going to head of to bed, good night everyone!
                  sigpic

Comment

I saw the movie before I read the books (I'm thinking of reading them during my summer vacation) but I loved the movie, I really liked the idea (even if it's also really creepy, teens killing other teens for the entertainment of rich grown-ups) and it had a lot of really great characters and a great cast that played them. I also have to say that for someone who haven't read the books it was still really easy to follow and understand the movie which I thought was great.

Well, now I'm getting tired so I'm going to head of to bed, good night everyone!
                    Have a good night, sleep well!

Comment

Well, note that I said he let it slip. But I never said it was an accident. I think you and SW are right on that it was likely a deliberate choice by Kolya. He is one clever, crafty little bastich. After all, he did also choose to take Weir (and McKay) back to the Genii homeworld when he ordered his team to evacuate, and he's been rather good at bringing the subject of Elizabeth into his little "discussions" with Sheppard ever since. (Except for the aired version of Remnants, but according to Mallozzi, they did initially have a line in the script with illusion!Kolya twisting the knife about Sheppard letting Weir "slip through his fingers." Damnit.) Ohhh yes, Kolya is well aware that Weir is a weakness in Sheppard that he can (try to) exploit. *evil grin*

That scene was so cute, though I have to admit that I would have loved a scene where they did talk about it, a scene that would have preferably ended with a real kiss, heck, even if it would have been like the scene they did but cut from duet when McKay kissed Cadman becuase he thought that maybe he had feelings for her, I'm not saying that it would be something like that exactly, but maybe they would talk about what happend, not just the kiss but also the part where they tried to kill each other, maybe Liz could mention shoting Ronan and how that affects her and John help her deal with it (more than just what we saw, becuase I mean it wasn't bad but I just feel like there should be more to it, Liz isn't someone who fires a lot of guns and the one time she did, and yeah it was technically someone else but I still think that it would have huge impact on her), and maybe at the end of the scene Liz realise that John really can't get the kiss out of his head or something like that, I'm thinking because he might think that she was somewhat upset with the fact that it happend, even under alien influence but Liz isn't upset about it and to reasure him that everything is fine she would kiss him again as herself before leaving him to his thoughts. Alright, this might be a bad idea but my point was that I would have loved to have seen a scene where they really delt with what happend, becuase it wasn't a little.
                      Fic rec time! Methinks you might enjoy these: Hypothetically Speaking and Re-Testing the Hypothesis, by Shane Vansen (aka lone_pyramid on LJ). Happy reading!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, note that I said he let it slip. But I never said it was an accident. I think you and SW are right on that it was likely a deliberate choice by Kolya. He is one clever, crafty little bastich. After all, he did also choose to take Weir (and McKay) back to the Genii homeworld when he ordered his team to evacuate, and he's been rather good at bringing the subject of Elizabeth into his little "discussions" with Sheppard ever since. (Except for the aired version of Remnants, but according to Mallozzi, they did initially have a line in the script with illusion!Kolya twisting the knife about Sheppard letting Weir "slip through his fingers." Damnit.) Ohhh yes, Kolya is well aware that Weir is a weakness in Sheppard that he can (try to) exploit. *evil grin*
                        Damnit indeed. Kolya knows what he's doing. If only TPTW did ...

Fic rec time! Methinks you might enjoy these: Hypothetically Speaking and Re-Testing the Hypothesis, by Shane Vansen (aka lone_pyramid on LJ). Happy reading!
                        *cracks up laughing* Well, there went any chance I had of going to bed. Fic bunnies are back!

Comment

I know what you mean. Take Whispers, for example. The all-girl team idea was ridiculous and I hated how M&M made Sheppard look like a complete idiot around them, but the rest of the episode with the backstory on Michael's hybrid monsters and those monsters on the loose terrorizing the team was great stuff.
                          Yeah, he did look like a bit of a fool, especially when it appeared he wasn't even aware there even was an all girl team. I forgive them for the fistbump, it's a natural reaction, although a little OOC for what we've seen.

*nods* I think a lot of us would've had an easier time accepting Keller if she'd been introduced as a minor character in an earlier episode, so that her elevation to chief of medicine after Carson's death wouldn't have seemed like such a shock.

Sorry we'll miss you for the post-a-thon! *hugs Brie*
                          *thuds* Beautiful! I'm jealous! What program did you do that with???

I liked them introducing Keller, though I agree. It was too soon. I thought that maybe Dr. Cole would have been placed as CMO. Considering how she felt partially responsible for Carson's death, that could have given TPTW some very interesting storylines. But too little, too late, I guess.
                          That would have made sense, but I guess we have to give them some leeway in that they apparently didn't realise they were going to kill Carson until that episode so they wouldn't have had time to source a replacement. But going with that reasoning, it would have made more sense if both Carson and Elizabeth were at the window, and Keller couldn't save them both (or, either of them, as it turned out)

Plus the ridiculous T-neck that John was wearing under his uniform? Bad costume department. The story itself was great, and I loved seeing Nicole DeBoer in sci-fi again.

Actually, I seem to recall someone saying something about JoeF being cold on set, so that's why he wore the T-neck. Hey, gotta keep our guy comfortable.
                          Thermals. You can wear them under clothing and nobody can tell *stares at costume department* And no, I'm not talking about Long John's, I mean thermal singlets (your equivalent would be thermal wifebeaters) and shirts

"I'm not aiming at her"

The trust in her eyes when she looks into John's is overwhelming
                          I thought it was fear, but opinions vary *shrugs*

Rodney, why would you wrap a bandage around the outside of your clothing?! Are you insane?!
                          Costume department fail, again. I understand them wanting to make it obvious, but they could have simply taken his jacket off and done it directly on his arm. At least then he wouldn't look like a complete idiot. It's like they go out of their way sometimes to make characters look dumb when there are easier ways. Take the infamous scene in DG where Keller shocks Sheppard in the gut (which should have caused organ failure) because JF didn't want to put the sticky pads on his chest. All they would have needed to do would have been to either CGI the pads in, or only shoot Keller as she shocked him. Then she wouldn't have looked like a moron, problem solved.
                          sigpic

Comment

"The Hot Date", set during "The Intruder". Innuendo galore.
                            Innuendo galore is a galactic understatement. I didn't think Elizabeth would have such a dirty mind.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Pleasent Sparky dreams.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Damnit indeed. Kolya knows what he's doing. If only TPTW did ...
                                *snorts*

*cracks up laughing* Well, there went any chance I had of going to bed. Fic bunnies are back!
                                *cackles and high-fives the bunnies*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                Yeah, he did look like a bit of a fool, especially when it appeared he wasn't even aware there even was an all girl team. I forgive them for the fistbump, it's a natural reaction, although a little OOC for what we've seen.
                                Heh, the fistbump actually kinda cracked me up. It's just the "making Sheppard look like an idiot commander" that pissed me off.

That would have made sense, but I guess we have to give them some leeway in that they apparently didn't realise they were going to kill Carson until that episode so they wouldn't have had time to source a replacement. But going with that reasoning, it would have made more sense if both Carson and Elizabeth were at the window, and Keller couldn't save them both (or, either of them, as it turned out)

Thermals. You can wear them under clothing and nobody can tell *stares at costume department* And no, I'm not talking about Long John's, I mean thermal singlets (your equivalent would be thermal wifebeaters) and shirts
                                I know perfectly well what you mean. Thermal silk undies, basically.

I thought it was fear, but opinions vary *shrugs*
                                I kinda figured it was a bit of both.

Costume department fail, again. I understand them wanting to make it obvious, but they could have simply taken his jacket off and done it directly on his arm. At least then he wouldn't look like a complete idiot. It's like they go out of their way sometimes to make characters look dumb when there are easier ways. Take the infamous scene in DG where Keller shocks Sheppard in the gut (which should have caused organ failure) because JF didn't want to put the sticky pads on his chest. All they would have needed to do would have been to either CGI the pads in, or only shoot Keller as she shocked him. Then she wouldn't have looked like a moron, problem solved.
                                Honestly, if I had been in charge, I would've put my foot down and told JF to wear the pads on his chest so we wouldn't get mocked for not doing a defib right. Appeal to his sense of making sure we get the authenticity right. (and sure, you can go ahead and say it's just 'cause the chicks want to see his bare chest, but there's no denying that the authenticity argument is legitimate)

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Innuendo galore is a galactic understatement. I didn't think Elizabeth would have such a dirty mind.
                                You know what they say... Beware the quiet ones.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X