Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    If I tend to not be coherent... the lemming is currently floored by the flu... and curled up in a little corner in Kate's office. *feels a bit miserable*

I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to reading it, with sleep and work, and then being sick... I'll try to get some reading done tomorrow... though this depends on the cooperation of the flu-bugs.

The lurkers spill out of the woodwork lately...

Welcome!

*the lemming greets from afar so as to not share the flu-bugs*
    *hugs Lemming and slides a saucer of sugar across the room*

Hope you get feeling better ...

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday, and welcome to our two newest members, Sparky She-Demon and Raelis!

*sends Falcon Horus a BIG thermos of hot tea with lemon and honey* *huggles*

Sorry 'bout the absence this morning, I've been doing some last minute errands before I start prepping for WonderCon this weekend. Yay!

Raelis, you mentioned in particular you were seeking good John fanfic; may I direct your attention to the stories by Domenika Marzione (aka miss_porcupine on LiveJournal)? She writes gen fanfic with a strong emphasis on the military viewpoint, so her fics are primarily about Sheppard, Lorne, and the contingent of Marines on Atlantis, but she is also very Weir-friendly and does hint more than once at the special bond that Weir and Sheppard forged. There's also a strong thread running through her stories based on the "sentient Atlantis AI" theory. A few of my favorites are (in no particular order): Just Like the Richard Gere Movie, It's Always the Quiet Ones, Eat Your Heart Out, Peggy Fleming, and At Lib. Happy reading!
    Yeah, I read the first one, the "Gere" fic ... curse my vivid mental imagery. *shudders*

I've been going back and rereading some AU series that are posted on LJ. "Wildwest Lantis" and "Stargate Ren" make for some very interesting reading ... Can't wait for an update on Ren!

Meanwhile, went shopping today, and the clearance rack at Target was phenomenal! Bought a red shirt ... *snickers* Back at home, trying to focus on fic, but even though I'm on vacation this week, my mind is jumping allover the place. I can't rein it in ...

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Falcon Horus and Scary Kitty!

Scray Kitty, and thnks very much for the recs! I haven't read this author's stories yet.

Is thera way to edit my posts? I haven't found how to do it in FAQ, and I can't find the Edit button.

One last thing regarding John: I think that those people who insist on writing him as suicidal are confusing two terms: suicidal and self-sacrificing. I think John is very prone to self-sacrifice. Possibly more than most of the other soldiers. But he wants to live. It's completely obvious. He wouldn't have fought so hard to survive if he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
        Thanks for the welcome, Falcon Horus and Scary Kitty!

Scray Kitty, and thnks very much for the recs! I haven't read this author's stories yet.

Is thera way to edit my posts? I haven't found how to do it in FAQ, and I can't find the Edit button.

One last thing regarding John: I think that those people who insist on writing him as suicidal are confusing two terms: suicidal and self-sacrificing. I think John is very prone to self-sacrifice. Possibly more than most of the other soldiers. But he wants to live. It's completely obvious. He wouldn't have fought so hard to survive if he didn't.
        Usually, at the bottom of your post, there will be a few bolded options, such as "Edit Post", "Reply With Quote", but perhaps they aren't there yet due to your Probie status. After a few more posts, more options will open up for you.

Yep. John Sheppard doesn't leave his people behind, even at the cost of himself. He's not trying to kill himself; he's trying to save the greater good, and the people on Atlantis that he cares about. I would agree and say he's one of the most loyal, selfless people on Atlantis, and that's what makes him such a great character.

Speaking of which, I finally figured out who my perfect man is. He is a combination of John Sheppard and Andrew Paxton, Ryan Reynolds' character from "The Proposal". *squee*

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
          But putting Torren in the same situation do you mean John getting himself romantically involved with Teyla? I have nothing against John/Teyla ship, it makes sense within the context of the show even if it is not my thing. But John's relationship with Teyla is one of the things that cofuses me about him. They had a bit of subtext in the early episodes of season 1, but then it completely faded, and they both seemed to express zero romantic interest in each other from canon point of view. And then,completely out of the blue,we have that opening scene of Search and Rescue where he's hallucinating having a romantic dinner with her. I must say it kind of bothered me. I mean,yay for John/Teyla shippres, but I ned to somehow explain it away for me because I most definitely do not want to see them in this way. What do you all think of this scene? How does it make sense? Why the romantic setting,if the purpose of the scene was merely to compare Teyla to Ford as a teammate in peril?
          Yeah that was what I meant and you've seen what many of the rest of us have seen concerning John/Teyla, I mean we know from what the writers have told us that there was supposed to be something but no one really have a clue as to why they just dropped it, not that I mind since from my pov the best chemistry was between John and Liz and no matter how many times I've tried to watch the show with an open mind and tried to see as they had planned I still went back to Sparky because to me it was the only thing that made any sense, and Joe and Torri are just amazing actors and people so that helped. I have no idea what they wanted to do with the opening scene to S&R, it was very confusing and weird so I personally sticking with what you said, about Ford and losing his team members but it's never very clear. I can also point out that a big reason why it is so confusing is because you had several different writers who all had different favorites to write for and they didn't always go together. To sum it up, no one really knows what they had in mind in terms of romantic relationships on the show most of the time. I don't know if they wanted John with Teyla that they added in Kaanan (sp?) because while he wasn't there a lot Teyla did keep dreaming about him when he was gone and did everything she could to help him and I got the feeling that there really was a strong romantic connection between them, not to mention that they did seem to be living together on Atlantis, but there really wasn't enough of Teyla in season 4 and 5 to really give a deeper look into her character once her baby was born to know what was going on, heck, you don't even know if her family was with her when they went back to earth in the final episode or if they stayed behind. But back to the part about Torren and John, he did always seem to act more like an uncle to Torren and a brother to Teyla and like I said, he did grow up in a broken home and I don't think he ever fully healed from that so I can't even begin to imagine him wanting to put another child through that, though living in different places and hardly ever seeing his dad. Heck, there is a thread in the general SGA where someone asked if we thought that Teyla would be around had they made a season 6 and maybe she would have decided to leave Atlantis to go back to her people to raise her son there with her people and her traditions, well, one can't assume anything but it's never really clear what she wants and like I said, there wasn't a whole lot of character moments for Teyla in season 5 to really see how she had changed after her son was born.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Speaking of which, I finally figured out who my perfect man is. He is a combination of John Sheppard and Andrew Paxton, Ryan Reynolds' character from "The Proposal". *squee*
            That sounds great, now it's just a matter of finding him.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
              That sounds great, now it's just a matter of finding him.
              Well, until I find him, I'll just squee and flail anytime I see Joe Flanigan and Ryan Reynolds acting. *sighs*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday, and welcome to our two newest members, Sparky She-Demon and Raelis!

*sends Falcon Horus a BIG thermos of hot tea with lemon and honey* *huggles*

Sorry 'bout the absence this morning, I've been doing some last minute errands before I start prepping for WonderCon this weekend. Yay!

Raelis, you mentioned in particular you were seeking good John fanfic; may I direct your attention to the stories by Domenika Marzione (aka miss_porcupine on LiveJournal)? She writes gen fanfic with a strong emphasis on the military viewpoint, so her fics are primarily about Sheppard, Lorne, and the contingent of Marines on Atlantis, but she is also very Weir-friendly and does hint more than once at the special bond that Weir and Sheppard forged. There's also a strong thread running through her stories based on the "sentient Atlantis AI" theory. A few of my favorites are (in no particular order): Just Like the Richard Gere Movie, It's Always the Quiet Ones, Eat Your Heart Out, Peggy Fleming, and At Lib. Happy reading!
                Thanks for the warm welcome. How do I get involved in Atlantis rising? I do have an "Elizabeth is alive" fic on fanfiction.net if anybody wants to read it. The title is "The World Goes On". It's rated M, so you have to modify the default. Character tags are Sparky.

And to Falcon Horus, I hope you feel better soon.
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

*someone mentions Teyla and the Lemming's on all fours*

I can talk Teyla... with Kate

...Joe and Torri are just amazing actors and people so that helped.
                    So, what are you saying Rachel is not an amazing actor or person?

...Kaanan (sp?)...
                    Kanaan
                    Athosian - Teyla has known him all her life and he too has "the gift". According to her he could be a great leader, however apparently Kanaan doesn't think so. Michael used him to lure Teyla to him. He lived with her in Atlantis, looking our for their son when Teyla was out saving the galaxy.

From the little we can tell... as a viewer anyway... Kanaan brings balance to Teyla's life and as far as I'm concerned he's definitely not in charge in the household.

...but there really wasn't enough of Teyla in season 4 and 5 to really give a deeper look into her character once her baby was born to know what was going on...
                    Blame TPTW for the lack of Teyla - seriously peeved about that, mind you.

However, few tidbits do get shown in relation to her character and the people around her. You just got to know what to look for I guess. And I'm watching Teyla as a character, not as an attachment to one guy or another (and that includes Torren).

..., heck, you don't even know if her family was with her when they went back to earth in the final episode or if they stayed behind.
                    Considering Torren and Kanaan were living on Atlantis - we can assume they were with her.

Canon-wise this is of course open to speculation, unless you include the words of Mallozzi's blog in which he clearly stated that Kanaan and Torren were in fact on board Atlantis when it returned to Earth.

Heck, there is a thread in the general SGA where someone asked if we thought that Teyla would be around had they made a season 6 and maybe she would have decided to leave Atlantis to go back to her people to raise her son there with her people and her traditions, well, one can't assume anything but it's never really clear what she wants and like I said, there wasn't a whole lot of character moments for Teyla in season 5 to really see how she had changed after her son was born.
                    Actually the thread is more whether TPTW would have kept the character around or not, not whether Teyla as a character would leave Atlantis. I think she pretty much made that clear when she decided to stay. She's fighting for a better and safer galaxy and she's convinced that the expedition can be of use, or she would have left a long time ago. She may not have been very present in seasons 4 or 5, but she did get some shining moments in the earlier seasons, and while we haven't learned much about her on a whole, there's plenty of information available on Teyla - you just have to know where to look and want to look for it.

And yes, I'm a Teyla-fan... if you hadn't already guessed that. And as a Teyla-fan TPTW have seriously disappointed me with how they handled the character and where they took her, but mostly how they handled or didn't handle the character.

The whole "Daughter of Tagan - Torren was my father's name" still has me in stitches. At least we can interpret this as the Athosians are a matriarchal society.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                      And to Falcon Horus, I hope you feel better soon.
                      Thx.

Comment

One question, though about GateWorld. How long does one remain a probie on this site?
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          One question, though about GateWorld. How long does one remain a probie on this site?
                          Until the mods are sure you're human and not some bot trying to work in a little spam.
                          The exact number of posts is unknown. And I can't tell you for sure since probie-status is a fairly new thing in relation to how long I for example have been on GW.

Don't worry about it, you'll be off probie-status before you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Until the mods are sure you're human and not some bot trying to work in a little spam.
                            The exact number of posts is unknown. And I can't tell you for sure since probie-status is a fairly new thing in relation to how long I for example have been on GW.

Don't worry about it, you'll be off probie-status before you know it.
                            Okay... I can see why the mods have to be worried about something like that. But it is kinda irritating that I can't give myself an avatar for the forum until that happens.

Comment

Well, I'm sick for the day (spent today in the ER with a kidney stone and a kidney infection - fun times) and I miss all kinds of deep analysis.

As I still feel crappy, I'll just say "John is awesome. And so is Elizabeth."

Welcome to Sparky She-Demon and Raelis!

Comment

Where does one find all of the fantastic Sparky pics? I love them!

Comment

Working...
                                X