Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    We'll miss you! The snark will be off the charts in that one. Rodney's "I'm with genius" t-shirt alone makes me giggle.
    Hee!

And of course, it's the first appearance of SEDGE! Love for Lizzeh's pretty doggie!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That was a lot of fun.

Brie - I'm so glad you're joining us. You snark really well. That's well appreciated around here.
      Haha, it's something that sometimes just comes out in some situations and it's not always a good thing so it's great to be somewhere where it's not a bad thing, at least not if you don't do it in a mean way. And let's face it, sometimes the writters of SGA makes it too easy for us.
      sigpic

Comment

The snark will be off the charts in that one. Rodney's "I'm with genius" t-shirt alone makes me giggle.
        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        And of course, it's the first appearance of SEDGE! Love for Lizzeh's pretty doggie!
        And don't forget the others new clothes, some successful once like Liz's outfit in Rodney's world (the grey top and the black blazer I think it is, either way she looks amazing in the outfit and gives us a preview for season 2 and 3) and her pink t-shirt in her own world, and I liked Johns messy style, to the less successful once like Teyla's outfit, because that one was just bad, they made it look like she went shopping at the teen girls section at some store.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
          That was a lot of fun.

Haha, it's something that sometimes just comes out in some situations and it's not always a good thing so it's great to be somewhere where it's not a bad thing, at least not if you don't do it in a mean way. And let's face it, sometimes the writters of SGA makes it too easy for us.
          They do make it too easy for us. Well, at least it gives us a new and fun way to enjoy the show. Even if it's not quite what TPTW intended. *smirks*

Originally posted by Brie View Post
          And don't forget the others new clothes, some successful once like Liz's outfit in Rodney's world (the grey top and the black blazer I think it is, either way she looks amazing in the outfit and gives us a preview for season 2 and 3) and her pink t-shirt in her own world, and I liked Johns messy style, to the less successful once like Teyla's outfit, because that one was just bad, they made it look like she went shopping at the teen girls section at some store.
          AHAHAHA! Oh, don't even get me started on the clothes. Lizzeh's are always cute. John's outfit looked like a cross between preppy and a hungover frat boy.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

They do make it too easy for us. Well, at least it gives us a new and fun way to enjoy the show. Even if it's not quite what TPTW intended. *smirks*

AHAHAHA! Oh, don't even get me started on the clothes. Lizzeh's are always cute. John's outfit looked like a cross between preppy and a hungover frat boy.
            And that was where we learned that Joe is a slob. LOL But somehow he makes it work. I remember in the Conversion commentary during the last scene he was complaining about the collar on his shirt and declaring it wasn't his fault it was all crooked and that he didn't understand how that happened. It was hilarious. Imagine what it must have taken to keep Sheppard even halfway neat.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

if you guys could both put Joe and Torri into any series (besides stargate) to star in what series would it be? would it be a drama, a comedy, a mini-series?
              Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 11 March 2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                if you guys could both put Joe and Torri into any series (besides stargate) to star in what series would it be? would it be a drama, a comedy, a mini-series?
                Heres my dream....since I mentally casted them in the big AU fic in the fandom I am about to mention...I would KILL to have this happen now. As you guys can tell I have been on a major Hunger Games Kick. An I am currently writing an AU where Katniss was reaped instead of volunteering for her little sister....ANYWAY to get back on topic....since most of the characters in the universe are a bit older.....

I mentally casted Joe as the AU!Finnick Odair and Torri as the AU!Annie Cresta....now I wished Finnick and Annie were older so Joe an Torri could be casted as this pair in The Catching Fire Film.
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  And that was where we learned that Joe is a slob. LOL But somehow he makes it work. I remember in the Conversion commentary during the last scene he was complaining about the collar on his shirt and declaring it wasn't his fault it was all crooked and that he didn't understand how that happened. It was hilarious. Imagine what it must have taken to keep Sheppard even halfway neat.
                  Joe Flanigan is the type.....who could look like a total slob, but can be sexy doing it....because he's Joe Flanigan?
                  BALCONIES
                  sigpic

Comment

Heh, I think Joe is the only man on Earth who could pull off the slob look and make himself even more of a sex god than he already is.

No doubt Sheppard's former COs probably cried themselves to sleep at night bemoaning their losing battle to keep his hair looking regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                      Heres my dream....since I mentally casted them in the big AU fic in the fandom I am about to mention...I would KILL to have this happen now. As you guys can tell I have been on a major Hunger Games Kick. An I am currently writing an AU where Katniss was reaped instead of volunteering for her little sister....ANYWAY to get back on topic....since most of the characters in the universe are a bit older.....

I mentally casted Joe as the AU!Finnick Odair and Torri as the AU!Annie Cresta....now I wished Finnick and Annie were older so Joe an Torri could be casted as this pair in The Catching Fire Film.
                      I'm still in my own Hunger Games kick, too. That's a good idea! Joe doesn't have bronze hair but does have green eyes. But the most important thing about Finnick is that he's gorgeous and all the women (and some men) want him. Not a stretch for Joe, there.

And Torri could really play off Annie and all her problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Don't worry ... if you watch him in action, you'll pick up some moves.
                        One can only hope. Looking in the right place, for once, would help as well.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          I would love to see them in a series like Castle. Something smart and modern with snappy dialogue and banter, lots of banter. Vegas!Sheppard meets a Kate Beckett type who tries to clean him up with little success and lots of attitude.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                          Joe Flanigan is the type.....who could look like a total slob, but can be sexy doing it....because he's Joe Flanigan?
                          Heh, I think Joe is the only man on Earth who could pull off the slob look and make himself even more of a sex god than he already is.

No doubt Sheppard's former COs probably cried themselves to sleep at night bemoaning their losing battle to keep his hair looking regulation.
                          Forget the hair, that's a hopeless cause. Just keeping his shirt tucked in would be a full time job. This is one reason I don't like fanfics in which he's an academy graduate. He wouldn't have made it past "beast" which is what they call Basic Cadet Training the summer before their freshman year. It's a toss up whether he'd have been sent home for insubordination, failure to wear the uniform properly, or would have left in disgust voluntarily.

But then, there's a lot of fanfic out there that mischaracterizes him a lot worse than that...like making him suicidal for example. Anyone who mentions wanting children and grandchildren as much as he does cannot possibly have a death wish. Sheeesh.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I would love to see them in a series like Castle. Something smart and modern with snappy dialogue and banter, lots of banter. Vegas!Sheppard meets a Kate Beckett type who tries to clean him up with little success and lots of attitude.
                            That is what I would love to see as well, some type of modern day crime show (since they seem to be the once that actually stand a chance to be long lasting these days), I haven’t seen ‘Castle’ yet (it’s next on my list of shows to watch one I’ve finished catching up on CSI:NY. I’m a big ‘Bones’ fan though and I would love to see them doing something like that would be great. A show that is a great mix of plot and character development which sometimes SGA lacked.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm still in my own Hunger Games kick, too. That's a good idea! Joe doesn't have bronze hair but does have green eyes. But the most important thing about Finnick is that he's gorgeous and all the women (and some men) want him. Not a stretch for Joe, there.

And Torri could really play off Annie and all her problems.
                              It would be hard to see Joe with Bronze hair, but yes, I think Joe has all the things that scream Finnick and I see Anne's gentleness and fragility in Torri....Le Sigh again if only they were older.

It's funny you should say that....one girl I rp with someone said Joe reminded her of Nathan Fillion but it would totally rock if this happened since I see Beckett and Castle as Sparky

Forget the hair, that's a hopeless cause. Just keeping his shirt tucked in would be a full time job. This is one reason I don't like fanfics in which he's an academy graduate. He wouldn't have made it past "beast" which is what they call Basic Cadet Training the summer before their freshman year. It's a toss up whether he'd have been sent home for insubordination, failure to wear the uniform properly, or would have left in disgust voluntarily.

But then, there's a lot of fanfic out there that mischaracterizes him a lot worse than that...like making him suicidal for example. Anyone who mentions wanting children and grandchildren as much as he does cannot possibly have a death wish. Sheeesh.
                              Well in my headcanon but headcanon is not Canon is John at some point was sucidal but Elizabeth obviously changed that =D
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

*snickers* And knowing that, I find myself wondering whether or not he would've even cut it in ROTC. How stringent is that program compared to the Academy?

Indeed. Willingness to give his life to save others does not make him suicidal. It's called duty and honor, people.

Comment

Working...
                                X