Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    I did some screen caps from “Echoes” yesterday (what an amazing episode that is, and a very Sparky/Spanky one at that, which I loved because it just makes sense) but anyway I didn’t think of it before but in the part when Elizabeth falls to the floor you can see Johns hand under her head, now since that part of the scenes moves very quickly it’s hard to tell if he put his hand there right before her head hit the ground to support it or if he put it there to lift her up bridal style (like you see in the next scene). I like to think that he did both, put his hand under her head to stop her from hitting it on the floor as she fell (this is because in the scene before you can tell by the way he keeps looking at her that he notice that something isn’t right, and then he keeps his arm there to keep supporting it as he carries her to the infirmary.

Deliberate repost because I love the contrast between his tanned arm and her face.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      As you have probably noticed, I love doing sigs with song lyrics. Country songs, in particular, are very good for that. It may be time to dust off the ole Photoshop and do another one. In the meantime, I'll repost this old one. I don't even remember the name of this song.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ernred/tmc.jpg
      *wibbles* It's so pretty, and so angsty! *wibbles some more*

I did some screen caps from “Echoes” yesterday (what an amazing episode that is, and a very Sparky/Spanky one at that, which I loved because it just makes sense) but anyway I didn’t think of it before but in the part when Elizabeth falls to the floor you can see Johns hand under her head, now since that part of the scenes moves very quickly it’s hard to tell if he put his hand there right before her head hit the ground to support it or if he put it there to lift her up bridal style (like you see in the next scene). I like to think that he did both, put his hand under her head to stop her from hitting it on the floor as she fell (this is because in the scene before you can tell by the way he keeps looking at her that he notice that something isn’t right, and then he keeps his arm there to keep supporting it as he carries her to the infirmary.

http://i41.tinypic.com/5d077l.jpg
      GUH. Ohhhh, we all love that whole bit from Echoes. Because really, he didn't have to carry her from the control room to the infirmary, he could've waited for a med team with a stretcher. But he carried her there anyway. You don't get much more romantic than that. *swoons*

Deliberate repost because I love the contrast between his tanned arm and her face.
      Shadows and light.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkys!!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        It came from where all good Sparky things came from. Love.
        *swoons* Yep. That's it.

You betcha. He just wants his Lizzeh to snuggle and cuddle. And suddenly I have this mental image of him nuzzling her hair like it's catnip. Yes, I'm weird.
        Well, you are called Scary Kitty ... *snorts*

There is no limit to the amount of squee that can fit in this thread. If there was a limit, that limit's existence would break the laws of physics.
        Sparky breaks the laws of physics. Somehow. Hehehehe.

Awwww... *melts* I like the sound of that lyric.
        Yeah, me too. It's from Switchfoot's "You", which I think is actually a gospel song but it just fits too well to ignore it. I have to do a lot of laundry and packing for my vacation this weekend when I get home tonight, so if I have time I'll be making a sig then. Gotta find some good caps to go with it ...

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Love it SW and the drabble!!
        Thanks! *squees to infinity ... because SW can*

As you have probably noticed, I love doing sigs with song lyrics. Country songs, in particular, are very good for that. It may be time to dust off the ole Photoshop and do another one. In the meantime, I'll repost this old one. I don't even remember the name of this song.

*sighs* Oh, I'm gonna have to break down and go buy Photoshop now!!! Although, maybe I should pay my taxes before I do that ... *frowns*

How much does it cost anyways???

http://i41.tinypic.com/5d077l.jpg
        I can't tell you how many times I have looped that scene to see if John catches her on the way down, but in my personal fandom, he does. And like you said, he was watching her beforehand because he could tell something wasn't right. They are so in sync, it's amazing.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

*wibbles* It's so pretty, and so angsty! *wibbles some more*

GUH. Ohhhh, we all love that whole bit from Echoes. Because really, he didn't have to carry her from the control room to the infirmary, he could've waited for a med team with a stretcher. But he carried her there anyway. You don't get much more romantic than that. *swoons*
        Exactly. Makes me wanna faint in front of some guy just to see if he would do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          I'm not sure where this came from ...

[]http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee519/shipperwriter/Stargate%20Atlantis/John%20and%20Elizabeth%20Sparky/04-1-1.png[/IMG]

*grins sheepishly*

All right, I gotta get going. Be back later, and don't burn the thread down!
          Very nice sig, Shipper Writer, and also awesome drabble!!!

Spoiler:
          That's so nice! Country songs do seem to fit them pretty well.

Even in the commentary one of the guys says it's just like An Officer And A Gentleman. But back to Brie's point, I do think his hand was there to break her fall. *sigh*

*sighs* Oh, I'm gonna have to break down and go buy Photoshop now!!! Although, maybe I should pay my taxes before I do that ... *frowns*

I bought it but actually find free GIMP to be easier to use. *shrugs*

Comment

The fancy Photoshop is quite expensive, but if you get Photoshop Elements, which is what I use, it's only a fraction and has all the functions I can imagine ever needing. Plus there is a great little magazine that Mr. SR gets that gives tons of help.

I've heard good things about Gimp, so if the free one works, why pay for it?
            sigpic

Comment

I use photoshop elements as well and I like it and I think it works great when you are just using it for fun, I got the photoshop elements and premiere elements (that's a video editing program) in on package so I would recommend it, especially since photoshop CS cost a small fortune and if you don't need it for something special like work or school etc. then elements or other programs work just as well and you can do just as much with them.
              sigpic

Comment

hey sparky fans been out of commision for a few days. no internet but i wanted to let you know that i am getting my wisdom teeth taking out tommrow. and it made me think of the scene in conversion where john was talking to elizabeth about how one of the best times of his life was when he had his wisdom teeth removed and he said he was on condine (Sp?) for a full seven days. so anyway wish me good luck and all that jazz. should be back on this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  hey sparky fans been out of commision for a few days. no internet but i wanted to let you know that i am getting my wisdom teeth taking out tommrow. and it made me think of the scene in conversion where john was talking to elizabeth about how one of the best times of his life was when he had his wisdom teeth removed and he said he was on condine (Sp?) for a full seven days. so anyway wish me good luck and all that jazz. should be back on this weekend.
                  Good luck. You'll get the good drugs for sure. John was showing his age with the codeine reference. You'll probably get oxycodone or something like it.
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Very nice sig, Shipper Writer, and also awesome drabble!!!

That's so nice! Country songs do seem to fit them pretty well.
                      Thanks!

I've got a few country songs I'm mulling over for my next video. Not sure if I'll get to it this week or not. Spring break starts a little early for me tomorrow. I'll be out of town on vacation til probably Tuesday, then I've got the rest of the week. Yippee!!!

Even in the commentary one of the guys says it's just like An Officer And A Gentleman. But back to Brie's point, I do think his hand was there to break her fall. *sigh*
                      We saw the picture. It's canon. He knew what was going down before she did. Pun not intentional.

I bought it but actually find free GIMP to be easier to use. *shrugs*
                      The fancy Photoshop is quite expensive, but if you get Photoshop Elements, which is what I use, it's only a fraction and has all the functions I can imagine ever needing. Plus there is a great little magazine that Mr. SR gets that gives tons of help.

I've heard good things about Gimp, so if the free one works, why pay for it?
                      I use photoshop elements as well and I like it and I think it works great when you are just using it for fun, I got the photoshop elements and premiere elements (that's a video editing program) in on package so I would recommend it, especially since photoshop CS cost a small fortune and if you don't need it for something special like work or school etc. then elements or other programs work just as well and you can do just as much with them.
                      Hmm. Meesa thinks I'll search for and download Gimp. Sounds like it might be better for my budget. Maybe I'll get PS later on ...

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      Good luck. You'll get the good drugs for sure. John was showing his age with the codeine reference. You'll probably get oxycodone or something like it.
                      Well, good to hear from you, I was wondering if you were all right!

Good luck on the wisdom teeth extraction! We'll see you when you get back!

Now. Onto laundry and making sigs. I think the 2nd is more important, don't you agree???

Comment

I swear, girl, you get the best screen caps!!! Their expressions are priceless!!!

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                        I thought you said he wasn't allergic to lemons ...
                        No. I said I thought he was making it up. I don't know what kind of an allergic reaction would make him take off all his clothes, though.
                        Well, whatever it is, what are the chances you're allergic too?
                        I'm not allergic to anything, but I'll take my clothes off anyway.

*splashes in gutter* WHEE!!!

Comment

I did some screen caps from “Echoes” yesterday (what an amazing episode that is, and a very Sparky/[s]Spanky[/s] one at that, which I loved because it just makes sense)...
                          Kate/Teyla, you mean... Spanky who?

Mmm... Kate with her fiery red (long) hair.... *thunk*

Am gonna enjoy Claire in a bit when I continue watching Without A Trace season 2 - mmmm.... damsel in distress but still.... *happy sigh*
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Kate/Teyla, you mean... Spanky who?

Mmm... Kate with her fiery red (long) hair.... *thunk*

Am gonna enjoy Claire in a bit when I continue watching Without A Trace season 2 - mmmm.... damsel in distress but still.... *happy sigh*
                            I thought Spanky meant Ronan/Teyla???

... Oh, never mind. I think I understand what you're trying to do.

Comment

Well, you are called Scary Kitty ... *snorts*
                              Heheheh...

Sparky breaks the laws of physics. Somehow. Hehehehe.
                              Meh. Sparky IS the laws of physics.

You're a teacher, right? Or teacher's assistant? You may qualify for an educational discount, those can give you some pretty hefty savings.

I thought you said he wasn't allergic to lemons ...
                              No. I said I thought he was making it up. I don't know what kind of an allergic reaction would make him take off all his clothes, though.
                              Well, whatever it is, what are the chances you're allergic too?
                              I'm not allergic to anything, but I'll take my clothes off anyway.

*splashes in gutter* WHEE!!!
                              OMG! *dies laughing*
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I thought Spanky meant Ronan/Teyla???
                                Yes, Spanky is Ronon/Teyla - personally though not entirely sure I'm a fan of that nickname for the pairing. *shrug*

... Oh, never mind. I think I understand what you're trying to do.
                                *whistles innocently* I have no idea what you're talking about...

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                : Wow, I didn't know they were that much into each other.
                                : Didn't I tell you about them yesterday over lunch?
                                : Yeah, but still...
                                : Oh come one, Evan has been grinning like an idiot and hanging around the control room way more than he should have in the past couple of weeks.
                                : Seeing is believing, I guess. But Chuck really...

This dialogue probably doesn't make much sense if you haven't been the Who's The Gay Character In Atlantis thread, in which we decided that Evan was the intended gay character, and we paired him with Chuck. Their nickname after all is nothing less than Luck.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X