Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Sheppard: And since when have you started being the IOA's pet?

Yeah, I'm still bitter. And frankly, I think Sheppard should've been more bitter too. But Joe did the best he could with the crap writing he was given.
    Which is the inherent flaw in the arguement - Carter is first and foremost a military officer, it's just the her current billet is Atlantis. At least doing some recon would've made sense, and probably satisfied everyone. It could have even been something off-screen.

To hear some of TPTW talk, they never implied Sparky either. But you still accept that Sparky exists.
    It's my interpretation

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    When Woolsey first took over and couldn't get out of the conference room, I always thought John had locked him in.
    I liked that scene but it never made sense. It'd never happened before *shrugs*
    sigpic

Comment

Ah, Joe is so close right now, yet not close enough. I really wish I would have been able to travel down to Malmö and see him but with work that wasn’t possible. I’m still debating whether I should go over to Gothenburg at the end of the month to meet him there, but I still haven’t decided, it’s expensive and it’s hard to know how the schedule will be then, well I don’t have to decide yet, and also, I have meet him once so I’m not complaining. We’ll see, I’m very happy that he have decided to come here several times though and always seem happy to meet the fans and talk about SGA even if it’s been a while since it aired.
      I’m glad someone posted a video of it as well, he’s a great speaker.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        Was he talking about Stargate Atlantis or Stargate Universe?
        There is a video in which he goes into detail on how he found out about the cancellation and what he said to the producers. This sums up nicely the timeline of how he reacted and what they said and did. The arrogance of these people is not to be believed.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

One can only guess with this one...cute though, love background Sparky almost as much as seeing them upfront.

sigpic

Comment

Deliberate repost:

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            John sneaks in a quick butt-brush as he ushers to follow the others out.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! And... S-minus 4 hours and 8 minutes to our Poisoning the Well post-a-thon!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              Which is the inherent flaw in the arguement - Carter is first and foremost a military officer, it's just the her current billet is Atlantis. At least doing some recon would've made sense, and probably satisfied everyone. It could have even been something off-screen.
              Agreed. I totally want to make some sort of reference to that in Atlantis Rising, have someone criticize how things were handled. *evil grin*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              It's my interpretation

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              There is a video in which he goes into detail on how he found out about the cancellation and what he said to the producers. This sums up nicely the timeline of how he reacted and what they said and did. The arrogance of these people is not to be believed.
              *cackles* That's just priceless.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              RAWR. Whoo baby! John, you naughty boy!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm back from vacation!! And I've got like 15 pages to catch up on. And quite frankly, I'm more inclined towards a nap at the moment. But I just HAD to respond to this one before I go sleepy.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                Farm Boy and Math Boy. Or, Farm Boy and Almost Mensa. Rodney could be Lemonhead (which, of course, is an irony)
                MATH BOY!!!!! OMG!! Any of you who know me outside of GW know I'm always "mathgirl24" as I was a math major. He could be the math boy to my math girl. *Happy sigh*

Anuna, you have made me so happy.

Comment

Deliberate repost:

Great minds do indeed think alike.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  I'm back from vacation!! And I've got like 15 pages to catch up on. And quite frankly, I'm more inclined towards a nap at the moment. But I just HAD to respond to this one before I go sleepy.

MATH BOY!!!!! OMG!! Any of you who know me outside of GW know I'm always "mathgirl24" as I was a math major. He could be the math boy to my math girl. *Happy sigh*

Not so fast my friend. I think "wordgirl" might complement "mathboy" a lot better. Hmm? Actually, that would be a good call sign for Elizabeth.

And welcome back.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

SQUEE! Welcome back! *hugs* Totally understand needing a nap; I certainly needed one after I was at Disneyland for almost 24 hours straight.

Not so fast my friend. I think "wordgirl" might complement "mathboy" a lot better. Hmm? Actually, that would be a good call sign for Elizabeth.
                    Hmm, that would be a good call sign for Lizzeh!

And... S-minus 2 hours and 50 minutes until Poisoning the Well!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Haha, yeah he really couldn't miss that opportunity.
                      sigpic

Comment

S-minus 1 hour to the Poisoning the Well post-a-thon!

Comment

Interesting. I know people have mentioned his opinion of Universe in this thread before, and I think upon reflection part of his assessment of why it failed it probably what I found to make the most sense. Universe is a completely different kind of show than the other two. As such it will appeal to different people and have a different audience. Obviously there would be some degree of crossover but yeah it was pretty arrogant to expect all the same people to tune in to something completely different to what they were a fan of. There's a reason different genres of TV tend to keep to their own formula, because that's what their respective fans tune in to see.

I know he didn't like it, but I think that not only is "quality" often subjective, it's not even all that relevant. I mean looking at gateworld's discussions on the matter you can tell the same things that made some people think it was the best Stargate show by far were many of the same things that bored other fans to tears. There's a reason action shows and dramas have different groups of fans. The fan demographics don't all overlap as much as they would have needed.

This is a slightly more extreme example but It's kind of like if they made a sitcom that was set in the stargate universe and figured people would watch that for years because stargate fans watch stargate and comedies are popular too.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Indeed. Rule #1 of any successful business: Keep your customers happy. A lesson that TPTW apparently didn't take to heart like they should have. Pity.

Anyway... S-minus 28 minutes to the Poisoning the Well post-a-thon!

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              Interesting. I know people have mentioned his opinion of Universe in this thread before, and I think upon reflection part of his assessment of why it failed it probably what I found to make the most sense. Universe is a completely different kind of show than the other two. As such it will appeal to different people and have a different audience. Obviously there would be some degree of crossover but yeah it was pretty arrogant to expect all the same people to tune in to something completely different to what they were a fan of. There's a reason different genres of TV tend to keep to their own formula, because that's what their respective fans tune in to see.

I know he didn't like it, but I think that not only is "quality" often subjective, it's not even all that relevant. I mean looking at gateworld's discussions on the matter you can tell the same things that made some people think it was the best Stargate show by far were many of the same things that bored other fans to tears. There's a reason action shows and dramas have different groups of fans. The fan demographics don't all overlap as much as they would have needed.

This is a slightly more extreme example but It's kind of like if they made a sitcom that was set in the stargate universe and figured people would watch that for years because stargate fans watch stargate and comedies are popular too.
                              That is an excellent assessment of the whole thing. Arrogance blinds you to the truth, and it must make you deaf too because they didn't listen to any of the warnings. Now look at all the people they put out of work and all the fans who will never watch a show of theirs ever again.

At the end of that video, Joe says he has talked to the new owners of MGM and that they are interested in doing a movie or something some day. I have mixed feelings about that. I think I'd just as soon leave it where it is. I'm awfully fearful that the new guys won't listen to the fans either and will do what they think we want rather than what the majority actually wants. All the talk about how ratings were going up in S5 sets off my alarm bells a bit. That tells me they think the dark tone and all the other changes were for the better, and that scares me.
                              sigpic

Comment

That is an excellent assessment of the whole thing. Arrogance blinds you to the truth, and it must make you deaf too because they didn't listen to any of the warnings. Now look at all the people they put out of work and all the fans who will never watch a show of theirs ever again.

At the end of that video, Joe says he has talked to the new owners of MGM and that they are interested in doing a movie or something some day. I have mixed feelings about that. I think I'd just as soon leave it where it is. I'm awfully fearful that the new guys won't listen to the fans either and will do what they think we want rather than what the majority actually wants. All the talk about how ratings were going up in S5 sets off my alarm bells a bit. That tells me they think the dark tone and all the other changes were for the better, and that scares me.
                                On the other hand, if Joe can manage to get himself (and maybe David Hewlett) in as an executive producer, well, as we say, In Joe We Trust.

Comment

Working...
                                X