Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Any sort of role is okay with me as long as I can enjoy her presence on my screen. I've seen her in a couple of different roles now and it really doesn't matter to me...

I'm all up-to-date with NCIS and I love it that they have...

Spoiler:
    Kate's sister coming back every so often. Now, there's something TPTW of SG could learn from continuity with characters that have died or left.

And indeed, Kate seems to be a popular character's name... and I seem to have a strange affinity to liking characters/people that have names that start with a K or K-sound -> Kate Beckinsale, Claire Rankin, Kate Beckett, Kate Heightmeyer, Kate Winslet, ...
    True. They could've done something with all those "red shirts", but alas.

Speaking of "red shirts", my video is completely warped. I don't know what else to do to fix it. I really wanna cry right now, I'm so frustrated!!! *grr*

Oh well. Maybe it's time to take a break.

I don't mean to sound needy, but can anybody post anything that'll cheer me up???
    Last edited by ShipperWriter; 28 February 2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

And holy moly, there are 53 guests visiting us right now!

Come on out and say hi!!!

Most of us don't bite.

Comment

Oops. I scared the lurkers away. Again.

So. It seems I'm a huge overreacter. The video is safe.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the reason why John and Elizabeth are known as "Sparky".

*laughs maniacally and passes out from nervous exhaustion*

Will see everybody tomorrow!

*logs off*
        Last edited by ShipperWriter; 28 February 2012, 05:17 PM. Reason: Gotta sleep ... whatever that is ...

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Does it have something to do with the tradition of doing a handstand on top of the keg and skulling? (I assume that's an international custom)
          I haven't decided yet. In all honesty, it think my muse ran off with a plot bunny or something because that ficlet was the first good idea for a story I've had in weeks.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            One of the coaches at the school I work at said the semester he played football was the semester with the best GPA. Whatever helps your concentration, I guess. Exercise and/or alcohol.
            Now if I could only figure out how I did it. I could then write a book about it and make millions. Then I could buy the rights to Atlantis and hire you all as writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Before I forget (again), mandogater, your new callsigns ficlet was adorkable! Lizzeh so likes needling John, LOL!
              Thanks SK!! I agree about Lizzeh liking to needle John. I kept having the "defending my honor" scene pop into my head while I was writing her lines.

Comment

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the reason why John and Elizabeth are known as "Sparky".

*logs off*
                *deliberate repost*

Love, love, love your vid SW!!!! It's one of the best Sprky videos I've seen in a while. But who's song did you use? She sounded very familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  *deliberate repost*

Love, love, love your vid SW!!!! It's one of the best Sprky videos I've seen in a while. But who's song did you use? She sounded very familiar.
                  Thank you!!!

The song is "Sparks Fly" by Taylor Swift. I love her music, and I love Sparky, and sometimes the two go together like peanut butter and chocolate.

Off to work, be back later. Fics are brewing -- I may have one to post later.

Comment

*logs off*
                    That vid was perfect. The lyrics, the clips, the hug, the kiss, handholding, eye!sex, real sparks, it had it all.

Now since it's leap day, everyone has permission to do only what they feel like today. So, I plan to eat what I want, watch Vegas and not worry about anything. We can start all that boring stuff up again tomorrow.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Can we leap on Shep?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        That vid was perfect. The lyrics, the clips, the hug, the kiss, handholding, eye!sex, real sparks, it had it all.

Now since it's leap day, everyone has permission to do only what they feel like today. So, I plan to eat what I want, watch Vegas and not worry about anything. We can start all that boring stuff up again tomorrow.
                        Thank you! *squees*

Now I only wish I could do whatever I feel like but my cat has been limping around for the past two days and not getting any better. Taking him to vet after work. Poor baby.

Comment

sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

So, the best laid plans were interrupted. I was poking around on my computer and found an old fiction file from 5, count 'em, 5 years ago. So, as a Leap Day present, I give you an early fic. It's a bit of fun that's slightly cracky about late night gaming on Atlantis. *snort*

Spoiler:
                            Hit! Miss!

Elizabeth Weir closed her laptop and stretched her arms over her head hoping to relax some of the kinks in her neck and back. She was working late, as usual, trying to catch up on some of the never ending reports and plan a strategy for dealing with a new day in Atlantis. She hadn’t heard anyone approach and was surprised to see Colonel John Sheppard leaning nonchalantly against her door with a familiar box under his arm.

“Colonel,” she said, trying to hide a smile. “I thought you had turned in.”

“I did, but couldn’t sleep. so I wandered down to the rec room. Did you know that someone managed to bring along almost every board game known to man?”

“Yes, I know that and if I find out who...”

“So,” he interrupted, “how about a game of Battleship?”

“Battleship? Now?”

“Yes, Battleship. Now.” He was already opening the box on her desk and taking out the two smaller plastic cases inside. “What’d you say?”

She looked at him for a moment, head askew. “Well, why not? I probably wouldn’t be able to sleep anyway.”

“My thought exactly.” He pulled up a chair across from her desk and soon they were immersed in the logistics of the game.

Little did he know that Elizabeth had been considered something of a Battleship champion among the other kids on her street. During long summer days with nothing to do but ride bikes and hold board game tournaments. they had spent long hours challenging each other to various strategy games, and sweet young Elizabeth had been the most ruthless player on the block. She had frequently beaten the boys and girls alike and sent them home in a bad humor.

With his usual smirk, John watched her carefully place her ships and look up expectantly.

“D-4,” he began confidently.

“Miss.”

He blinked. It couldn’t be. Women always put a ship in that space pointing in some direction. In fact in his experience they usually lined them up horizontally in evenly spaced rows.
                            “I-8," Elizabeth continued.

There was a pause.

“John?” she questioned.

“You hit my carrier.” His voice was barely audible.

“Excuse me?”

“You hit my carrier.” A bit louder with arms folded.

“Ah.”

“A-2" he offered.

“Miss.”

“Damn.”

“It was your idea to play this game,” she said. “I-9.”

Needless to say, things weren’t going well, but John Sheppard was not one to give up easily. After a while he managed to hit her carrier and figure out in which direction it was headed. Then by sheer luck he sank her cruiser and a destroyer. Meanwhile she had finished off his carrier, his cruiser, and sent both destroyers to the watery depths. They were both leaning forward working on her carrier and his battleship when Rodney McKay and Carson Beckett wandered by on their way back to their quarters after a late night raid of the mess hall hoping to find some chocolate. They were trying to be quiet but stopped short outside Elizabeth’s door. Carson nearly crashed into Rodney who had stopped suddenly. The noise distracted the gamers only momentarily.

Sheppard looked around, saw who it was and then returned his attention to his board. “Move along, gentlemen,” he ordered, “nothing to see here.”

Carson shoved Rodney from behind. “You heard the man, keep moving.” He shoved harder.

“But, don’t you think we should ...” Rodney began.

“No, I don’t ,” Carson replied. “Like the man said, there appears to be nothing to see here out of the ordinary. Now keep walking.”

Startled, Rodney did as ordered for once.

Elizabeth never looked up from her board.

Before Beckett and McKay were out of earshot they heard a masculine voice bellow. “You sank my battleship!”

“Run!” McKay shouted, and they skidded down a corridor and out of sight, stopping at a corner and looking back in the direction from which they had come.

Elizabeth stood to confront the sore loser before her. “Why, John Sheppard,” she teased, “I never took you for a male chauvinist. Haven’t you ever been beaten by a woman?”

He ran a hand through his hair, making it even wilder. “You know I’m not like that,” he protested, “I just don’t like to be beaten by anybody. I don’t give a damn what sex you are.”

“Playing this stupid game was your idea.” She reminded him, placing her pieces back into the box and closing the plastic case.

He glared at her. “You sank my battleship,” he repeated, but he was talking to himself because Elizabeth had turned on her heels and left. John hurriedly packed up the game, leaving the box on the desk.

Elizabeth had retreated to her favorite balcony to gaze at the night sky and hopefully cool off. When she heard the door open and close behind her, she knew that was going to be impossible. He stood beside her for a long moment gripping the railing with both hands.

“You,” he began.

“I swear to God, John Sheppard, if you say ‘You sank my battleship’ I will strike you.”

He cleared his throat before saying, “I wasn’t supposed to lose.”

Elizabeth snapped, possibly for the first time in her life. Years of negotiating with foreign princes and potentates had given her the patience of at least a minor saint, but this man was just too much. Without a conscious thought in her head, she grabbed the nearest wrist and turned toward the door.

“Wha...” he began.

“Shut the hell up,” she said through clenched teeth.

Before John could react, he found himself being dragged forcefully down a long corridor almost tripping to keep up with Elizabeth’s long strides. They passed McKay and Beckett in a blur, heading in the direction of Elizabeth’s quarters.

“Hum, Battleship as foreplay, interesting concept,” McKay observed.
                            “Rodney, you don’t think?” Carson seemed surprised, his eyebrows almost rising into his hairline.

“Give me a break,” Rodney replied. “Surely you have suspected.”

“Well, maybe a little,” Carson timidly wandered a ways down the hall after the departing pair. The two men were just in time to see Elizabeth’s door slide shut and hear a loud thump come from inside.

“Well, that’s going to leave a mark,” Rodney observed. “Maybe now the two of them won’t be so cranky.”

“Nah!” They said in unison before continuing in opposite directions toward their own quarters.

John Sheppard found himself shoved against the wall inside Elizabeth’s quarters, and then she was on him like a ravenous vampire, grabbing his hair with both hands and crushing her mouth down on his.

His brain quickly caught up, and his arms tightened around her, lifting her from her feet and firmly against his body. He figured her bed was probably in about the same place his was, and thankfully he was right.

Elizabeth sank into the mattress as he crashed down on top of her. Somehow, clothes were flying in all directions ending with a pair of blue striped boxers hanging from a bedside lamp. At some point her aggression had turned into a heated response as he took over. Luckily, the Ancients had done a good job of soundproofing, so whoever was next door never heard the sounds of a passion long denied and at last fulfilled.

As their breathing slowed, and Elizabeth curled contentedly against him, John ran his fingertips slowly down her spine.

“So,” he said, “how are you at checkers?”

Sorry, but some of the spacing got screwed up in transition.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              So, the best laid plans were interrupted. I was poking around on my computer and found an old fiction file from 5, count 'em, 5 years ago. So, as a Leap Day present, I give you an early fic. It's a bit of fun that's slightly cracky about late night gaming on Atlantis. *snort*

Spoiler:
                              Hit! Miss!

Elizabeth Weir closed her laptop and stretched her arms over her head hoping to relax some of the kinks in her neck and back. She was working late, as usual, trying to catch up on some of the never ending reports and plan a strategy for dealing with a new day in Atlantis. She hadn’t heard anyone approach and was surprised to see Colonel John Sheppard leaning nonchalantly against her door with a familiar box under his arm.

“Colonel,” she said, trying to hide a smile. “I thought you had turned in.”

“I did, but couldn’t sleep. so I wandered down to the rec room. Did you know that someone managed to bring along almost every board game known to man?”

“Yes, I know that and if I find out who...”

“So,” he interrupted, “how about a game of Battleship?”

“Battleship? Now?”

“Yes, Battleship. Now.” He was already opening the box on her desk and taking out the two smaller plastic cases inside. “What’d you say?”

She looked at him for a moment, head askew. “Well, why not? I probably wouldn’t be able to sleep anyway.”

“My thought exactly.” He pulled up a chair across from her desk and soon they were immersed in the logistics of the game.

Little did he know that Elizabeth had been considered something of a Battleship champion among the other kids on her street. During long summer days with nothing to do but ride bikes and hold board game tournaments. they had spent long hours challenging each other to various strategy games, and sweet young Elizabeth had been the most ruthless player on the block. She had frequently beaten the boys and girls alike and sent them home in a bad humor.

With his usual smirk, John watched her carefully place her ships and look up expectantly.

“D-4,” he began confidently.

“Miss.”

He blinked. It couldn’t be. Women always put a ship in that space pointing in some direction. In fact in his experience they usually lined them up horizontally in evenly spaced rows.
                              “I-8," Elizabeth continued.

There was a pause.

“John?” she questioned.

“You hit my carrier.” His voice was barely audible.

“Excuse me?”

“You hit my carrier.” A bit louder with arms folded.

“Ah.”

“A-2" he offered.

“Miss.”

“Damn.”

“It was your idea to play this game,” she said. “I-9.”

Needless to say, things weren’t going well, but John Sheppard was not one to give up easily. After a while he managed to hit her carrier and figure out in which direction it was headed. Then by sheer luck he sank her cruiser and a destroyer. Meanwhile she had finished off his carrier, his cruiser, and sent both destroyers to the watery depths. They were both leaning forward working on her carrier and his battleship when Rodney McKay and Carson Beckett wandered by on their way back to their quarters after a late night raid of the mess hall hoping to find some chocolate. They were trying to be quiet but stopped short outside Elizabeth’s door. Carson nearly crashed into Rodney who had stopped suddenly. The noise distracted the gamers only momentarily.

Sheppard looked around, saw who it was and then returned his attention to his board. “Move along, gentlemen,” he ordered, “nothing to see here.”

Carson shoved Rodney from behind. “You heard the man, keep moving.” He shoved harder.

“But, don’t you think we should ...” Rodney began.

“No, I don’t ,” Carson replied. “Like the man said, there appears to be nothing to see here out of the ordinary. Now keep walking.”

Startled, Rodney did as ordered for once.

Elizabeth never looked up from her board.

Before Beckett and McKay were out of earshot they heard a masculine voice bellow. “You sank my battleship!”

“Run!” McKay shouted, and they skidded down a corridor and out of sight, stopping at a corner and looking back in the direction from which they had come.

Elizabeth stood to confront the sore loser before her. “Why, John Sheppard,” she teased, “I never took you for a male chauvinist. Haven’t you ever been beaten by a woman?”

He ran a hand through his hair, making it even wilder. “You know I’m not like that,” he protested, “I just don’t like to be beaten by anybody. I don’t give a damn what sex you are.”

“Playing this stupid game was your idea.” She reminded him, placing her pieces back into the box and closing the plastic case.

He glared at her. “You sank my battleship,” he repeated, but he was talking to himself because Elizabeth had turned on her heels and left. John hurriedly packed up the game, leaving the box on the desk.

Elizabeth had retreated to her favorite balcony to gaze at the night sky and hopefully cool off. When she heard the door open and close behind her, she knew that was going to be impossible. He stood beside her for a long moment gripping the railing with both hands.

“You,” he began.

“I swear to God, John Sheppard, if you say ‘You sank my battleship’ I will strike you.”

He cleared his throat before saying, “I wasn’t supposed to lose.”

Elizabeth snapped, possibly for the first time in her life. Years of negotiating with foreign princes and potentates had given her the patience of at least a minor saint, but this man was just too much. Without a conscious thought in her head, she grabbed the nearest wrist and turned toward the door.

“Wha...” he began.

“Shut the hell up,” she said through clenched teeth.

Before John could react, he found himself being dragged forcefully down a long corridor almost tripping to keep up with Elizabeth’s long strides. They passed McKay and Beckett in a blur, heading in the direction of Elizabeth’s quarters.

“Hum, Battleship as foreplay, interesting concept,” McKay observed.
                              “Rodney, you don’t think?” Carson seemed surprised, his eyebrows almost rising into his hairline.

“Give me a break,” Rodney replied. “Surely you have suspected.”

“Well, maybe a little,” Carson timidly wandered a ways down the hall after the departing pair. The two men were just in time to see Elizabeth’s door slide shut and hear a loud thump come from inside.

“Well, that’s going to leave a mark,” Rodney observed. “Maybe now the two of them won’t be so cranky.”

“Nah!” They said in unison before continuing in opposite directions toward their own quarters.

John Sheppard found himself shoved against the wall inside Elizabeth’s quarters, and then she was on him like a ravenous vampire, grabbing his hair with both hands and crushing her mouth down on his.

His brain quickly caught up, and his arms tightened around her, lifting her from her feet and firmly against his body. He figured her bed was probably in about the same place his was, and thankfully he was right.

Elizabeth sank into the mattress as he crashed down on top of her. Somehow, clothes were flying in all directions ending with a pair of blue striped boxers hanging from a bedside lamp. At some point her aggression had turned into a heated response as he took over. Luckily, the Ancients had done a good job of soundproofing, so whoever was next door never heard the sounds of a passion long denied and at last fulfilled.

As their breathing slowed, and Elizabeth curled contentedly against him, John ran his fingertips slowly down her spine.

“So,” he said, “how are you at checkers?”

Sorry, but some of the spacing got screwed up in transition.
                              *flails and diez*

Some of the teachers were wondering why I was snorting so loud during my lunch break. I didn't dare tell them.

My favorite line, and I can hear it oh so clearly in my head, is "You sunk my battleship!"

Perfect, SR!!! Well done!!!

Comment

*flails and diez*

Some of the teachers were wondering why I was snorting so loud during my lunch break. I didn't dare tell them.

My favorite line, and I can hear it oh so clearly in my head, is "You sunk my battleship!"

Perfect, SR!!! Well done!!!
                                *blushes* Thanks. Childish John can really be a big turn on at times. Heh.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X