No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was me yesterday evening after I was told to go check out Claire's IMDB-page cause apparently it was worth it ->

It's a small miracle I was able to concentrate at all today....

Anyway... I was supposed to write a Sparky fic and something about Kate as a couple's therapist... and then I caught the tail end of a conversation that involved "nursing Teyla" and "Kate" so well that sparked something too... I'll try to write something this week. It's overdue.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      This was me yesterday evening after I was told to go check out Claire's IMDB-page cause apparently it was worth it ->

Anyway... I was supposed to write a Sparky fic and something about Kate as a couple's therapist... and then I caught the tail end of a conversation that involved "nursing Teyla" and "Kate" so well that sparked something too... I'll try to write something this week. It's overdue.

I know what you mean. I haven't been able to concentrate all day, period. The trouble comes when your lack of concentration is so overwhelming that you force yourself to do something, and the effort isn't worth the result. Which is why I kindly smile at people who demand to know where my story updates are at, and I take it slow making a very in-depth vid like the one I'm working on. Because it is going to be oh so worth it!

*stops strutting peacock feathers* Wow. Arrogant, aren't I?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        Oh God, I'm squeeing through my video, and I'm not even finished with teh first chorus yet. It might have something to do with the Sparky scene in the end of "The Siege Pt. 2" being constantly repeated with the sound on while I edit and teh eyesex ... omgomgomgomg but I'm hoping to have it done tonight. My brain is a puddle of goo, so not much good for anything else.
        Oh, YUM.

*imagines JoeF in Old Spice commercial and diez*

Well. So much for finishing the video.
        My work is complete.

AHAHAHAHAH! That sounds like some serious crack headed our way!

I know what you mean. I haven't been able to concentrate all day, period. The trouble comes when your lack of concentration is so overwhelming that you force yourself to do something, and the effort isn't worth the result. Which is why I kindly smile at people who demand to know where my story updates are at, and I take it slow making a very in-depth vid like the one I'm working on. Because it is going to be oh so worth it!

*stops strutting peacock feathers* Wow. Arrogant, aren't I?
        Hey, you're nicer than McKay, so you're way ahead of him.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Oh, YUM.

My work is complete.

AHAHAHAHAH! That sounds like some serious crack headed our way!

Hey, you're nicer than McKay, so you're way ahead of him.
          Hahahaha ... I was sitting with my mom watching "The Voice" tonight (it was really good, by the way) and meanwhile I'm writing out the lyrics for the song and figuring out where to place videos.

Which brings me to my next order of business:

1) It's been a while, but it's worth reviving. Favorite Sparky Moment thread wants you!

2) I need a list of the Top Ten Sparky Eye!Sex Moments. I already have "The Seige, Pt. 2" in my vid, but I need more and thanks to SK, my brain is MIA at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated. And it'll help me finish the video faster. Dare I say, one of my best yet.

EDIT: My computer is getting cranky, and so am I. I'll hafta finish this up in the morning. I'm so close!!!

Night all!

*passes out*
          Last edited by ShipperWriter; 27 February 2012, 06:46 PM.

Comment

My cat is looking strangely at me because of how much I'm laughing right now! Perfect, mandogater, you got everything in there!!!

But now you need to write a story about the kegger during freshman year. *snickers and unleashes plot bunnies*
            Thanks!! Your request may take some serious doing since I don't have much experience to draw on. I didn't go to any really wide parties in college. Ironically the two years I went out more I got the better grades.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I heard about that. I think he was also divorced. I would imagine it would be hard to stay married with his job.
              Especially given his unexplained absences. And why he had a tracking device under his skin

I like the scene in, was it Misbegotten?, when he pwned Woolsey.
              Yes! Caldwell was best in his first year - an independant figure. Once they turned him into their whipping boy and bus driver it watered down his character.

I don't blame you. It was fun, though.
              You must be thinking of a different arguement I see it has started back up again elsewhere.

Oh geez, I don't even remember that! Bad fangirl ...

Can't breathe. Laughing too hard!

*diez laughing*

Oh, thank you, gateraid! I can always count on a hilariously snarky comment from you!
              Those who can, write. Those who can't, mock others. I wish I was in the first category, but alas I am not.

With hair, you mean.

Ooh, my tendancy for vivid mental imagery is scarring me. *shudders*
              It's hard not to get that impression from that scene. Plus it seems (unintentionally) like he's hitting on her, rather than two peers talking about their jobs, which I assume is why it was cut (although time, and the fact that it's a bit of a distraction are just as likely reasons, if not more so)

Here's the quote from "Runner" in regards to Rodney's sunscreen, with a nice little snarky comment thrown back at John for good measure.

Spoiler:
              Sheppard: How come it smells like I'm on vacation?
              McKay: (putting on sunscreen lotion) Mmm, could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
              Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
              McKay: Like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva.
              Sheppard: It's dark.
              McKay: Yeah, well the sun will be up in 2 hours, 43 minutes and... 10 seconds.
              Sheppard: It's raining.
              McKay: So we'll be cold and miserable. Look, the cloud cover will depreciate a small percentage of UV rays but 95 per cent of deadly is still deadly.
              Lorne: Dr Parrish said a day or two of exposure wasn't going to kill us.
              McKay: And Dr Parrish has a PhD in what? Right, botany!

Hmm. I wonder who he's wearing the Aqua Velva for.
              I loved that scene, and that ep. Now I think his call sign could be 'Cocoa'.

See, that's why I like ya

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              Sounds interesting to me!

And now for a fic featuring our favorite pair talking about callsigns.

Spoiler:
              For want of a callsign

“What ya doing ‘lizabeth,” asked Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard as he strolled into Dr. Elizabeth Weir’s office.

“Reading reports like always,” answered Elizabeth without looking up. When John didn’t say anything else, Elizabeth looked up to see him sitting on the edge of her desk as usual and playing with her father’s pocket watch. “Did you come to play or did you have a reason for visiting?”

“I don’t have a callsign,” griped John.

“I didn’t know helicopter pilots got them too.”

“But I fly F-302s now,” began John. “I got to talking with Lorne yesterday and he mentioned that he was dubbed Picasso at the Academy once his roommate learned he liked to paint. I mentioned that none of the ones I got at school stuck. Once we started trying to come up with one for me, we drew nothing but blanks.”

“I’m guessing you won’t be able to concentrate until you figure this out,“ asked Elizabeth.

“Nope,” answered John with a serious look. Silently he was happy Elizabeth seemed like she was going to indulge him. Elizabeth needed a break. She never seemed to take one unless he made her.

“Lets see what we can do about it then,” said Elizabeth as she sat back to think. “You learned to fly a Jumper in a couple of hours so how about Natural?”

“Not bad. But a couple of more options would be nice to think about.”

“Well rumor has it you’re the biggest lady’s man in Pegasus so how about Captain Kirk, Playboy or Heff,” said Elizabeth. On seeing John’s discomfort at that she decided to play with him some more. “A couple of the women have mentioned you have slightly pointy ears so how about Vulcan, Spock, elf-boy or maybe Legolas. Although Orlando Bloom is cuter.”

“Hey,” exclaimed John. “I resent that. I don‘t have pointy ears.”

“Why John Sheppard, I didn’t know you were so sensitive about your ears,” smiled Elizabeth. “I won’t say another word about your ears. I promise, elf-boy.”

“Thank you,” said John glad to see Elizabeth finally looking truly relaxed for the first time in months. “Any other ideas?”

“Well how about bed-head since your hair always looks like you just got up or maybe Spike or even Sparky?”

“You’ve definitely given me plenty to think about,” said John. “I’ll let you get back to work.”

“I’ll see you later then,” answered Elizabeth. “Probably when you came to make sure I’ve had lunch.”

“You have to keep you’re energy up,” was all John said as he left. What he failed to mention was that he has been known as Tartan since his freshman year. Something to do with a keg party and a kilt but she doesn’t need to know that.
              Does it have something to do with the tradition of doing a handstand on top of the keg and skulling? (I assume that's an international custom)

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
              Weir: When you say he has a virus, what kind do you mean?
              Beckett: No, no, not that kind. It's a wraith virus, and he only picked it up on his last mission, so even if it could be transmitted that way, you wouldn't have been exposed yet
              Sheppard: Weeeelllll...........
              Weir: *sheepish giggle*

Are you talking about her new haircut? Is it possible I discovered something about Claire before you? I think she's had that for a few weeks now

I don't know how I am managing to include so many references to hair and clothing in my last few posts. But Claire does look thunk!worthy. Not that she didn't before

Glad to be of service
              sigpic

Comment

*headdesk* So knowing that I was going to be sitting in a room for at least two hours as my student takes the FL writing test, I planned a storyboard for my video last night so I could work on it right now. And where is the notebook? At home on my nightstand. *grumblegrumble*

Anyhoo, are there any eps where John runs his hands through Teh Pretteh Hair, or does he dare not touch it???

Cookies to whoever answers me first!

Comment

*headdesk* So knowing that I was going to be sitting in a room for at least two hours as my student takes the FL writing test, I planned a storyboard for my video last night so I could work on it right now. And where is the notebook? At home on my nightstand. *grumblegrumble*

Anyhoo, are there any eps where John runs his hands through Teh Pretteh Hair, or does he dare not touch it???

Aside from the pilot when he pulls off the night vision goggles and greets Teyla, I can't think of any. He has a habit of scratching the back of his head also, usually to show frustration. But I can't think of any ep when he did it.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Aside from the pilot when he pulls off the night vision goggles and greets Teyla, I can't think of any. He has a habit of scratching the back of his head also, usually to show frustration. But I can't think of any ep when he did it.
                    All right, thanks. I'll just find some video of Elizabeth staring at him. *smirks*

Because we're shorthanded, I'm now proctoring the writing test. There's only two students left, and my laptop decided to get moody and start telling me there's something wrong with the clips I'm using. Then it deleted a very detailed, specific part I labored over. I think the vid bunnies are telling me to take a break.

*vid bunnies smile and wave*

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      Are you talking about her new haircut? Is it possible I discovered something about Claire before you? I think she's had that for a few weeks now
                      I don't actually check her IMDb-page that often so well... I kind of gave up seeing her in any of my shows. Last thing she did TV-wise as far as I know was House a year or so ago. Not seeing her makes me a sad fangirl. I want her in Castle or Leverage, or NCIS or Warehouse 13, or Sanctuary... or something else entirely, as long as she's on my screen it's all good.

But Claire does look thunk!worthy. Not that she didn't before
                      Fingerlickin' good!

Fell in love all over again. *happy sigh*

Comment

sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Aah, back home after a crazy day!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          Thanks!! Your request may take some serious doing since I don't have much experience to draw on. I didn't go to any really wide parties in college. Ironically the two years I went out more I got the better grades.
                          One of the coaches at the school I work at said the semester he played football was the semester with the best GPA. Whatever helps your concentration, I guess. Exercise and/or alcohol.

Especially given his unexplained absences. And why he had a tracking device under his skin

Yes! Caldwell was best in his first year - an independant figure. Once they turned him into their whipping boy and bus driver it watered down his character.
                          True. And after that he didn't appear as much and eventually they started bringing in other "bus drivers".

You must be thinking of a different arguement I see it has started back up again elsewhere.
                          Maybe. I have a tendancy to clump things together. So whatever my original point is, it's lost now.

Those who can, write. Those who can't, mock others. I wish I was in the first category, but alas I am not.
                          I write and mock. Though I'm better at the first ...

It's hard not to get that impression from that scene. Plus it seems (unintentionally) like he's hitting on her, rather than two peers talking about their jobs, which I assume is why it was cut (although time, and the fact that it's a bit of a distraction are just as likely reasons, if not more so)
                          Yup. And what's really disturbing and ironic, now that you bring that up, is that on an episode of X-Files, Amanda Tapping played a character that died shortly after sleeping with Mitch Pileggi's character. *chokes back gag reflex*

I hope that you were still talking about the Carter "map and flashlight" comment.

Does it have something to do with the tradition of doing a handstand on top of the keg and skulling? (I assume that's an international custom)
                          No wonder Teyla and Ronan think we're so strange.

Beckett: No, no, not that kind. It's a wraith virus, and he only picked it up on his last mission, so even if it could be transmitted that way, you wouldn't have been exposed yet
                          *snorts* And there went my concentration for the afternoon.

I don't actually check her IMDb-page that often so well... I kind of gave up seeing her in any of my shows. Last thing she did TV-wise as far as I know was House a year or so ago. Not seeing her makes me a sad fangirl. I want her in Castle or Leverage, or NCIS or Warehouse 13, or Sanctuary... or something else entirely, as long as she's on my screen it's all good.
                          What kind of role, a psychiatrist like Kate or a totally different type of role? Or just anything, as long as she's on your screen ... ... Because NCIS has had their fill of shrinks for the year. First, OT and possible spoilers if you haven't watched this year
                          Spoiler:
                          Kate's sister was the resident shrink, and now Jamie Lee Curtis has started a recurring role as a non-redheaded Psy-Ops shrink that is kinda flirting with Gibbs
                          and they had a shrink in the beginning of Castle because of Kate (that's an awfully popular name ) but he's gone.

On topic: Sparky rules.

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          Shep!tongue!peek!

*flails for ten seconds*

*clears throat*

Now to finish video. Only have 55 seconds left!!!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Before I forget (again), mandogater, your new callsigns ficlet was adorkable! Lizzeh so likes needling John, LOL!

Bring on the smut!

I seem to recall a moment where he's ruffling his (wet) hair while he and the rest of the team are sitting on the top of a gate at the beginning of The Shrine. At least, I think it's in the episode and not from behind-the-scenes footage. I've seen an animated gif of that moment floating around on the JF Thunk thread now and again.

Yup. And what's really disturbing and ironic, now that you bring that up, is that on an episode of X-Files, Amanda Tapping played a character that died shortly after sleeping with Mitch Pileggi's character. *chokes back gag reflex*

I hope that you were still talking about the Carter "map and flashlight" comment.
                            Gee, I wonder if that bit was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek reference to the X-Files incident.

Oh, and before I forget, don't panic when I don't show up here or anywhere else online tomorrow, because I'll be at Disneyland for their 24-hour Leap Day all-nighter. Hmm, I wonder if I'll be able to get any fic done while I'm standing in line for stuff?
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Before I forget (again), mandogater, your new callsigns ficlet was adorkable! Lizzeh so likes needling John, LOL!

Bring on the smut!

I seem to recall a moment where he's ruffling his (wet) hair while he and the rest of the team are sitting on the top of a gate at the beginning of The Shrine. At least, I think it's in the episode and not from behind-the-scenes footage. I've seen an animated gif of that moment floating around on the JF Thunk thread now and again.
                              Eeh, I don't have Season 5, but in any case, too little, too late. More on that below ...

Gee, I wonder if that bit was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek reference to the X-Files incident.

Oh, and before I forget, don't panic when I don't show up here or anywhere else online tomorrow, because I'll be at Disneyland for their 24-hour Leap Day all-nighter. Hmm, I wonder if I'll be able to get any fic done while I'm standing in line for stuff?
                              Hmm, could be.

Ooh, have fun! I'll be at work.

So I finally got my video done! Watched it, everything looks beautiful and hawt, but my computer apparently hates me because it won't let me finalize the video!!!

I'm letting it cool down and then I'll retry it. If that doesn't work, I've got some tweaking to do. *groans*

Comment

What kind of role, a psychiatrist like Kate or a totally different type of role? Or just anything, as long as she's on your screen ... ... Because NCIS has had their fill of shrinks for the year. First, OT and possible spoilers if you haven't watched this year
                                Spoiler:
                                Kate's sister was the resident shrink, and now Jamie Lee Curtis has started a recurring role as a non-redheaded Psy-Ops shrink that is kinda flirting with Gibbs
                                and they had a shrink in the beginning of Castle because of Kate (that's an awfully popular name ) but he's gone.
                                Any sort of role is okay with me as long as I can enjoy her presence on my screen. I've seen her in a couple of different roles now and it really doesn't matter to me...

I'm all up-to-date with NCIS and I love it that they have...

Spoiler:
                                Kate's sister coming back every so often. Now, there's something TPTW of SG could learn from continuity with characters that have died or left.

And indeed, Kate seems to be a popular character's name... and I seem to have a strange affinity to liking characters/people that have names that start with a K or K-sound -> Kate Beckinsale, Claire Rankin, Kate Beckett, Kate Heightmeyer, Kate Winslet, ...

Comment

Working...
                                X