Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    There is drool all over my desk right now, because I learned a cool trick with my movie maker program. Three words: slo-mo Sparky kiss.

*flails*
    *drools* You will share the fruits of this labor soon, right?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Good for us. We're on such a roll, we just blow right past those posting landmarks.
    And we aren't even halfway through Season 1! I tremble at the thought of where we might be at when we wrap on Season 5. And yes, we will do Season 5 this time. We didn't do the entire series the last time we did post-a-thons, but I feel game to go all the way this time.

I don't know about other Mac users, but I just got iRuletheworld from the App store.
    I'll have to look that one up.

I know. Not even one stinking little talk on the radio. Bad Shep. He should have called her.
    Naughty naughty, he's been caughty!

I'm sure Elizabeth reprimanded him for not personally staying in contact when he got back. *cackles*
    VERY personally.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Heh, that could work.

Lorne = Picasso? That's brilliant!

Hmm, a good question. I don't know about calling him Sparky, as it seems a little too obvious. Of course, there's always Elf-Boy. Or maybe something having to do with his wild hair.

On that note, nighty-night Sparkies! And remember... S-minus 14 hours and 28 minutes until our Childhood's End post-a-thon! Ahahahahah!
      Thanks!

I had a hair-brained idea for a ficlet about Weir and Sheppard talking about call-signs yesterday. Have to corner the plot bunnies and see what they come up with.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Yes, yes, YES! Hammond = Tex!
        As for Landry, when I read Buff, I thought it was one of those ironic names, like Tiny for Jabba the Hutt. I could see it being amended to was Buff by the junior officers in the SGC. How about Bug (for Bug eyes)? Those eyes always freaked the hell out of me. How does anyone look that surprised without surgery?
        Caldwell was Assistant Director Skinner on the X-Files, the smoking man/Cancer Man was someone else. Shiney? Chromium? I'm guessing he would have had a recede in his twenties, when he would have been given the callsign.
        Pat Meyers? She has a name? I would have gone with Cassidy. Why, you ask? She wouldn't have taken being called Butch too well, plus Cassidy has a nice ring to it. Yes, sexist, I know
        Darn, I'll have to think about Caldwell's some more now.

Comment

The good thing about the ship crews is that they put name tags on their uniforms.
          I just got out of an arguement over uniforms and their meanings, I'm not getting into another one

But I do like how you phrased that

Rodney wouldn't get a call sign because he's not Air Force, but it's fun to imagine. And yes, they are indeed often inside jokes. It's like naming a puppy. Sometimes it takes time. Other times you know right away.
          ...and he didn't really become a 'real' pilot until s4. Neuro (for neurotic)? What did he call his SPF1000 sunscreen?

Anybody notice how Shep, Teyla, and Ford have dark uniforms and Rodney has khaki? Shark bait!!!
          Because he's a scientist.... **** it. Pass

Yeah, I never understood the reason behind having two different base colors for the uniforms.
          I know someone who'll have a theory, but it'll get a little chilly in here

I love how everybody but Rodney just gracefully sits and he struggles like an old woman. LOL
          Because his exercise regime would likely be less than that of an old woman?

Teyla is the voice of moral reason. But nobody ever listens to her.
          Dumbasses. You'd think they'd learn, she's generally right

And Lizzeh pwns Rodney. WTG.
          Remember, this is s1, where characters are allowed to actually use their brains. Don't worry, it'll happen less and less as the seasons progress

Yup yup. So she was right about the suicide pact and the shield being connected. Rodney, you've been pwned.
          That's why you should always run something past a supervisor/outsider - they can often see the bigger picture.

Hey, does anyone remember the Star Trek TNG episode where Picard and Troi have to go undercover on a primitive world, and Picard gets shot with an arrow?
          The tragedy of that ep was that there was yet another opportunity to shoot Troi, and they passed it up. What were they thinking? I can see it now:

*thwack*
          Troi: Captain, I appear to have been injured
          Picard: Yes....yes, masterful observation as usual.
          Troi: I sense....pain
          Picard: That's probably due to the arrow in your stomach.
          Troi: That seems likely.
          Picard: There's a large amount of blood. You'll probably die
          Troi: Can you beam me back up to the ship?
          Picard: They're having some problems locking onto you. That arrow is interfering with the signal. I'll go first and see if I can sort it out
          Troi: Okay. I'll wait here
          *peep peep*
          Picard: Picard to Enterprise, one to beam up
          back on the bridge
          Picard: Captain's Log, Stardate 45232.4. I beamed down to an alien planet to spy on them today, and nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. On a completely unrelated note, Counsellor Troi has taken extended leave, effective immediately

Nurse Teyla on the job. See, shipping her with Carson would have made so much sense.
          Or Kate

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Darn, I'll have to think about Caldwell's some more now.
          Yeah, it's tough, I can't really picture him back when he was a pilot
          Last edited by gateraid; 27 February 2012, 12:06 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

speaking of ole caldwell, apparently in one of the deleted scenes for Be all my sins remember'd apparently the guy was married.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              speaking of ole caldwell, apparently in one of the deleted scenes for Be all my sins remember'd apparently the guy was married.
              I haven't seen that one, but I suppose it's not surprising. I have seen the one where he is so far up Carter's butt that he needs a map and a flashlight to find his way back out
              sigpic

Comment

GACK! SGARising site is acting up again. It's trying to send me to some other website ... I'll send Kris a Tweet, let her know.

EDIT: Or not. I just tried it again and it's fine. Huh.
                It's working for me this morning. I haven't gotten the final word on what happened, but it wasn't our fault. The host site probably changed something that screwed up our site. Happens more than you want to know. Welcome to Mr. SR's world.

I heard about that. I think he was also divorced. I would imagine it would be hard to stay married with his job.

I haven't seen that one, but I suppose it's not surprising. I have seen the one where he is so far up Carter's butt that he needs a map and a flashlight to find his way back out
                I like the scene in, was it Misbegotten?, when he pwned Woolsey.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*drops in*

On my phone at work, watching "Gattaca" in Biology. Thank God for subtitles, I get a break!

I brought my laptop with me to school, will work on the vid more this afternoon.

When I get on a computer later, I'll reply to comments. Later!

*runs out*

Comment

*drools* You will share the fruits of this labor soon, right?
                    Soon. Very soon. If I don't share it with others, my computer may overload.

And we aren't even halfway through Season 1! I tremble at the thought of where we might be at when we wrap on Season 5. And yes, we will do Season 5 this time. We didn't do the entire series the last time we did post-a-thons, but I feel game to go all the way this time.
                    We can snark all through season 4 and 5.

VERY personally.
                    *smutty fic bunny slaps SK then grins*

I just got out of an arguement over uniforms and their meanings, I'm not getting into another one
                    I don't blame you. It was fun, though.

...and he didn't really become a 'real' pilot until s4. Neuro (for neurotic)? What did he call his SPF1000 sunscreen?
                    Oh geez, I don't even remember that! Bad fangirl ...

Because he's a scientist.... **** it. Pass

Because his exercise regime would likely be less than that of an old woman?

Dumbasses. You'd think they'd learn, she's generally right

Remember, this is s1, where characters are allowed to actually use their brains. Don't worry, it'll happen less and less as the seasons progress
                    Can't breathe. Laughing too hard!

The tragedy of that ep was that there was yet another opportunity to shoot Troi, and they passed it up. What were they thinking? I can see it now:

*thwack*
                    Picard: They're having some problems locking onto you. That arrow is interfering with the signal. I'll go first and see if I can sort it out
                    *peep peep*
                    back on the bridge
                    Picard: Captain's Log, Stardate 45232.4. I beamed down to an alien planet to spy on them today, and nothing happened. Absolutely nothing. On a completely unrelated note, Counsellor Troi has taken extended leave, effective immediately
                    *diez laughing*

Oh, thank you, gateraid! I can always count on a hilariously snarky comment from you!

Yeah, it's tough, I can't really picture him back when he was a pilot
                    With hair, you mean.

Ooh, my tendancy for vivid mental imagery is scarring me. *shudders*

It's working for me this morning. I haven't gotten the final word on what happened, but it wasn't our fault. The host site probably changed something that screwed up our site. Happens more than you want to know. Welcome to Mr. SR's world.
                    Yeah, it was fine when I went back. Oops.

I like the scene in, was it Misbegotten?, when he pwned Woolsey.
                    I liked Caldwell after that scene. He'd already gotten enough crap during his first year on the Daedalus, between a Wraith virus, being infected with a Goa'uld, and wearing the freakin' courting sweater and getting nowhere with Lizzeh, so it would be expected of him to side with Woolsey. But you finally saw the light. Good job, Stephen. Sorry I wrote you as such a d****bag in a fic.
                    Last edited by ShipperWriter; 27 February 2012, 05:52 AM. Reason: Can't spell. D'oh!

Comment

Here's the quote from "Runner" in regards to Rodney's sunscreen, with a nice little snarky comment thrown back at John for good measure.

Spoiler:
                      Sheppard: How come it smells like I'm on vacation?
                      McKay: (putting on sunscreen lotion) Mmm, could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                      Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                      McKay: Like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva.
                      Sheppard: It's dark.
                      McKay: Yeah, well the sun will be up in 2 hours, 43 minutes and... 10 seconds.
                      Sheppard: It's raining.
                      McKay: So we'll be cold and miserable. Look, the cloud cover will depreciate a small percentage of UV rays but 95 per cent of deadly is still deadly.
                      Lorne: Dr Parrish said a day or two of exposure wasn't going to kill us.
                      McKay: And Dr Parrish has a PhD in what? Right, botany!

Hmm. I wonder who he's wearing the Aqua Velva for.
                      Last edited by ShipperWriter; 27 February 2012, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

But I do like how you phrased that

*thwack*
                        *peep peep*
                        back on the bridge

According to Eri, it apparently was indeed something on the host's end. Go figure.

I heard about that. I think he was also divorced. I would imagine it would be hard to stay married with his job.
                        Rather like how John wound up divorced, I imagine.

And now I have a crack fic bunny stalking me with an idea about Sheppard and Caldwell getting drunk and talking about their ex-wives. Somebody save me, please!

Soon. Very soon. If I don't share it with others, my computer may overload.
                        Whoo, baby! Well, not good for the computer if it goes kablooey, but good for us to get some Sparky smut.

We can snark all through season 4 and 5.
                        Oh, indeed. I think I'm finally ready to face Those Episodes. I still ought to have some whiskey to get me through it though.

*smutty fic bunny slaps SK then grins*
                        Ahahahahah!

Here's the quote from "Runner" in regards to Rodney's sunscreen, with a nice little snarky comment thrown back at John for good measure.

Spoiler:
                        Sheppard: How come it smells like I'm on vacation?
                        McKay: (putting on sunscreen lotion) Mmm, could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                        Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                        McKay: Like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva.
                        Sheppard: It's dark.
                        McKay: Yeah, well the sun will be up in 2 hours, 43 minutes and... 10 seconds.
                        Sheppard: It's raining.
                        McKay: So we'll be cold and miserable. Look, the cloud cover will depreciate a small percentage of UV rays but 95 per cent of deadly is still deadly.
                        Lorne: Dr Parrish said a day or two of exposure wasn't going to kill us.
                        McKay: And Dr Parrish has a PhD in what? Right, botany!

Hmm. I wonder who he's wearing the Aqua Velva for.
                        *snorts* It's my personal canon that John prefers Old Spice. (because let's face it, John was totally the inspiration for the Old Spice Man! ) But Rodney's just too clueless to know the difference.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And now I have a crack fic bunny stalking me with an idea about Sheppard and Caldwell getting drunk and talking about their ex-wives. Somebody save me, please!
                          Sounds interesting to me!

And now for a fic featuring our favorite pair talking about callsigns.

Spoiler:
                          For want of a callsign

“What ya doing ‘lizabeth,” asked Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard as he strolled into Dr. Elizabeth Weir’s office.

“Reading reports like always,” answered Elizabeth without looking up. When John didn’t say anything else, Elizabeth looked up to see him sitting on the edge of her desk as usual and playing with her father’s pocket watch. “Did you come to play or did you have a reason for visiting?”

“I don’t have a callsign,” griped John.

“I didn’t know helicopter pilots got them too.”

“But I fly F-302s now,” began John. “I got to talking with Lorne yesterday and he mentioned that he was dubbed Picasso at the Academy once his roommate learned he liked to paint. I mentioned that none of the ones I got at school stuck. Once we started trying to come up with one for me, we drew nothing but blanks.”

“I’m guessing you won’t be able to concentrate until you figure this out,“ asked Elizabeth.

“Nope,” answered John with a serious look. Silently he was happy Elizabeth seemed like she was going to indulge him. Elizabeth needed a break. She never seemed to take one unless he made her.

“Lets see what we can do about it then,” said Elizabeth as she sat back to think. “You learned to fly a Jumper in a couple of hours so how about Natural?”

“Not bad. But a couple of more options would be nice to think about.”

“Well rumor has it you’re the biggest lady’s man in Pegasus so how about Captain Kirk, Playboy or Heff,” said Elizabeth. On seeing John’s discomfort at that she decided to play with him some more. “A couple of the women have mentioned you have slightly pointy ears so how about Vulcan, Spock, elf-boy or maybe Legolas. Although Orlando Bloom is cuter.”

“Hey,” exclaimed John. “I resent that. I don‘t have pointy ears.”

“Why John Sheppard, I didn’t know you were so sensitive about your ears,” smiled Elizabeth. “I won’t say another word about your ears. I promise, elf-boy.”

“Thank you,” said John glad to see Elizabeth finally looking truly relaxed for the first time in months. “Any other ideas?”

“Well how about bed-head since your hair always looks like you just got up or maybe Spike or even Sparky?”

“You’ve definitely given me plenty to think about,” said John. “I’ll let you get back to work.”

“I’ll see you later then,” answered Elizabeth. “Probably when you came to make sure I’ve had lunch.”

“You have to keep you’re energy up,” was all John said as he left. What he failed to mention was that he has been known as Tartan since his freshman year. Something to do with a keg party and a kilt but she doesn’t need to know that.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Rather like how John wound up divorced, I imagine.

EEK!!! I'll get that video finished ASAP!!!

Whoo, baby! Well, not good for the computer if it goes kablooey, but good for us to get some Sparky smut.
                            Oh God, I'm squeeing through my video, and I'm not even finished with teh first chorus yet. It might have something to do with the Sparky scene in the end of "The Siege Pt. 2" being constantly repeated with the sound on while I edit and teh eyesex ... omgomgomgomg but I'm hoping to have it done tonight. My brain is a puddle of goo, so not much good for anything else.

Oh, indeed. I think I'm finally ready to face Those Episodes. I still ought to have some whiskey to get me through it though.
                            I'll bring the margaritas.

Ahahahahah!

*snorts* It's my personal canon that John prefers Old Spice. (because let's face it, John was totally the inspiration for the Old Spice Man! ) But Rodney's just too clueless to know the difference.
                            *imagines JoeF in Old Spice commercial and diez*

Well. So much for finishing the video.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Sounds interesting to me!

And now for a fic featuring our favorite pair talking about callsigns.

Spoiler:
                            For want of a callsign

“What ya doing ‘lizabeth,” asked Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard as he strolled into Dr. Elizabeth Weir’s office.

“Reading reports like always,” answered Elizabeth without looking up. When John didn’t say anything else, Elizabeth looked up to see him sitting on the edge of her desk as usual and playing with her father’s pocket watch. “Did you come to play or did you have a reason for visiting?”

“I don’t have a callsign,” griped John.

“I didn’t know helicopter pilots got them too.”

“But I fly F-302s now,” began John. “I got to talking with Lorne yesterday and he mentioned that he was dubbed Picasso at the Academy once his roommate learned he liked to paint. I mentioned that none of the ones I got at school stuck. Once we started trying to come up with one for me, we drew nothing but blanks.”

“I’m guessing you won’t be able to concentrate until you figure this out,“ asked Elizabeth.

“Nope,” answered John with a serious look. Silently he was happy Elizabeth seemed like she was going to indulge him. Elizabeth needed a break. She never seemed to take one unless he made her.

“Lets see what we can do about it then,” said Elizabeth as she sat back to think. “You learned to fly a Jumper in a couple of hours so how about Natural?”

“Not bad. But a couple of more options would be nice to think about.”

“Well rumor has it you’re the biggest lady’s man in Pegasus so how about Captain Kirk, Playboy or Heff,” said Elizabeth. On seeing John’s discomfort at that she decided to play with him some more. “A couple of the women have mentioned you have slightly pointy ears so how about Vulcan, Spock, elf-boy or maybe Legolas. Although Orlando Bloom is cuter.”

“Hey,” exclaimed John. “I resent that. I don‘t have pointy ears.”

“Why John Sheppard, I didn’t know you were so sensitive about your ears,” smiled Elizabeth. “I won’t say another word about your ears. I promise, elf-boy.”

“Thank you,” said John glad to see Elizabeth finally looking truly relaxed for the first time in months. “Any other ideas?”

“Well how about bed-head since your hair always looks like you just got up or maybe Spike or even Sparky?”

“You’ve definitely given me plenty to think about,” said John. “I’ll let you get back to work.”

“I’ll see you later then,” answered Elizabeth. “Probably when you came to make sure I’ve had lunch.”

“You have to keep you’re energy up,” was all John said as he left. What he failed to mention was that he has been known as Tartan since his freshman year. Something to do with a keg party and a kilt but she doesn’t need to know that.
                            My cat is looking strangely at me because of how much I'm laughing right now! Perfect, mandogater, you got everything in there!!!

But now you need to write a story about the kegger during freshman year. *snickers and unleashes plot bunnies*

Comment

sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                That picture has had entirely too many icons and banners made from it.

Well, Windows just gave me a heart attack and made me think I lost my video. Fortunately, I found it. Phew! It's not done yet, but I have an appointment tonight so I gotta run, but I'll be back to finish it. Promise!

Comment

Working...
                                X