No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My aunt thought I needed to get up insanely early, so now I'm just killing time until my friend picks me up. But this means I get to reply to my buddy gateraid.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Sheppard: come up with plausible excuse to visit Elizabeth in her quarters? Check!
    Act out one of the most sexually charged scenes in SGA history? Check!
    Walk out of the room without bringing the scene to fruition? *breaks pencil*
    And Marty G gives us unintentional ship once again.

*laughs at the hypocracy of GW*
    Hey, I gave you a picture of wet!Elizabeth!! I'm not hypocritical at all.

As a math geek, you should be aware of the 'replicative fade' scenario. Surprisingly, SGA made an attempt at addressing this with the 'telemeres' thing. So....having all those clones shouldn't be an issue, so long as you're willing to have Keller as their physician. Tough call, I know
    Oh, dude! That's just not right.

But the best is soooo good! It has a five rating - the good ones are a 9/10, the bad ones are a 1/10. Bastards
    Yup, season 5 was wildly disjointed. And the best written episodes were by Cooper and Wright. That tells you everything right there. Let me say that yes, I have issues with the Keller parts of The Shrine because they came out of nowhere, but as a standalone episode it was pretty good (even if I think David overacted a tiny bit - sorry, David and David lovers! He was subtle on the pier scene and he and Joe were magnificent.)

I feel I should point out that the dark hair was not Sheppard's. It should go without saying, but some people round here think that I am a chick, so.... It also didn't involve Elizabeth, but that's not important right now

Comment

Belmene just mentioned in the Atlantis Rising thread that there are issues with the website. I checked and it seems to be offline.

Here be the Internal Server Error message (of doom):

Spoiler:
      Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Edit: And mailing the webmaster is pointless as the mail will be rejected.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        I got dibs. He's gotta stop by my place first and make sure that ... umm, I wrote out my shopping list correctly ... and then I'll send him over. Although, it'd be better on gas if he stopped at your place first, then made his way to Florida. But if he's using a jumper, then it's a moot point.

I'm scared. I actually devised a plan.
        Honey, if he stops by my place first he's not ever going to want to leave.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        He's MINE!! MINE, I tell you!!
        They can talk all they want, but I was offered him first and I don't share.
        Put down the pretteh and step away slowly.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        *sneaks in and snags the Sheppard*

tiptoes back out whispering "I'll have him back by midnight Lizzie!"
        Come back here you! *chases*

Why am I the only one who likes that ep? I always thought they made a massive error when they toned McKay down a bit after that ep - too soon fellas, too soon. However, I never noticed the 'look' one of those kids gives Shep until they pointed it out on the commentary. I choose to put it down to admiration
        I remember something from back in the day about "hovering extras" and how they all were looking at Joe when they were supposed to be looking at someone else. How could they have resisted?

Note to anyone who has noticed a problem with the SGA-Rising site: I've sent a message to Kris. Hopefully she can work her magic and find the problem. I'm clueless.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Whoa. I've created a rift in the thread. YES!

He's MINE!! MINE, I tell you!!
          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          *dies laughing* ZOMG, you people SLAY ME!
          They can talk all they want, but I was offered him first and I don't share.
          *sneaks in and snags the Sheppard*

tiptoes back out whispering "I'll have him back by midnight Lizzie!"
          But you have your clones in the trunk of your new car! Why do you need the original too?
          Because there is nothing quite like the original!
          Well, I can't argue with that.
          ROFL!!! Oh, what a perfect way to wake up: women insanely fighting over Teh Pretty. If JoeF ever saw us, he'd be disturbed. Hee hee!

And the originals are both hot when they're wet too.

*flails and diez*

Why am I the only one who likes that ep? I always thought they made a massive error when they toned McKay down a bit after that ep - too soon fellas, too soon. However, I never noticed the 'look' one of those kids gives Shep until they pointed it out on the commentary. I choose to put it down to admiration
          Well, I haven't watched it yet, at all, so I'll reserve judgment for a few days.

Sheppard: come up with plausible excuse to visit Elizabeth in her quarters? Check!

*laughs at the hypocracy of GW*

As a math geek, you should be aware of the 'replicative fade' scenario. Surprisingly, SGA made an attempt at addressing this with the 'telemeres' thing. So....having all those clones shouldn't be an issue, so long as you're willing to have Keller as their physician. Tough call, I know
          LOL.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          I woke up with a smutty plot bunny in my head. I wonder why is that!
          Yes, my experiment worked!

... I mean, ahh, that's interesting. Why do you think?

My aunt thought I needed to get up insanely early, so now I'm just killing time until my friend picks me up. But this means I get to reply to my buddy gateraid.

And Marty G gives us unintentional ship once again.
          *hugs MartyG and quickly runs back to thread*

Yup, season 5 was wildly disjointed. And the best written episodes were by Cooper and Wright. That tells you everything right there. Let me say that yes, I have issues with the Keller parts of The Shrine because they came out of nowhere, but as a standalone episode it was pretty good (even if I think David overacted a tiny bit - sorry, David and David lovers! He was subtle on the pier scene and he and Joe were magnificent.)
          That pier scene is one of my favorites of any SG series. Beer, a giggling John? Yep. I'm in love.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Honey, if he stops by my place first he's not ever going to want to leave.

Put down the pretteh and step away slowly.

Come back here you! *chases*
          *shakes head* What would Mr. SR say???

I remember something from back in the day about "hovering extras" and how they all were looking at Joe when they were supposed to be looking at someone else. How could they have resisted?
          I wouldn't have been able to drool, much less speak, if I saw JoeF. Staring's about the only thing I could do. *smirks*

Well, I'm off, got a busy day. Don't burn down the thread, and wherever John shows up with list checklist, move him to a secure location and don't tell JT & SR but call me ASAP.

*runs out*

Comment

*shakes head* What would Mr. SR say???

I wouldn't have been able to drool, much less speak, if I saw JoeF. Staring's about the only thing I could do. *smirks*

Well, I'm off, got a busy day. Don't burn down the thread, and wherever John shows up with list checklist, move him to a secure location and don't tell JT & SR but call me ASAP.

*runs out*
            You are a troublemaker, yes you are.

Mr. SR would probably say "have fun with that." Remember he's the one who stayed out in the hall holding people's purses while I went in the little room and hugged Joe.

And, as others will attest, he does draw the eye. That's for sure. Nobody believes he's actually better looking in person until they meet him. Mr. SR even agreed that was true. Hard to imagine, I know.
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              The book I'm rereading that gave me the idea is almost 900 pages so anything is possible. Granted that one covers over 3,000 years and this one will only cover two shows and three movies. Who knows what I'll come up with. Heck, I woke up from a nap earlier wondering what all the characters that are pilots would have as their callsigns.
              Cool!

I've wondered about the callsign thing myself; I could swear I had read somewhere that Mitchell's was "Cam Shaft" (a play on his first name, Cameron), but I don't remember if that was in an episode or not.

Get me some answers, dammit Sorry, but I've always wanted to say that. Perhaps I should have waited for a better opportunity

As for Atlantis Rising: it continues! *happy dance, happy dance, happy dance*
              Slowly, but surely.

*groans* Sad, but true.

Or if they've got nanites on board to keep 'em fixed up.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              I woke up with a smutty plot bunny in my head. I wonder why is that!

And you guys are freakin' nuts with the "I want Shep first" thing! But I have to say, it would be worth the crack to see Lizzeh snap and come roaring in to defend her man, Ripley-style. LOL!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Quick question: does anybody know of any footage, whether episodes or behind the scenes, where JoeF/John is playing guitar?

I need it for a vid I'm creating.

Comment

Quick question: does anybody know of any footage, whether episodes or behind the scenes, where JoeF/John is playing guitar?

I need it for a vid I'm creating.
                  I don't know of any footage, but there are a number of stills from behind the scenes moments. Do you have those?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I don't know of any footage, but there are a number of stills from behind the scenes moments. Do you have those?
                    I have a few. Do you recall which season they're from?

Comment

Pretty sure they're from Seasons 4 and 5. I think that's when Jason started teaching Joe how to play.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've wondered about the callsign thing myself; I could swear I had read somewhere that Mitchell's was "Cam Shaft" (a play on his first name, Cameron), but I don't remember if that was in an episode or not.
                        It's "Shaft", from cam-shaft. Colonel Prendergast refers to him by that moniker in an SG-1 ep (I want to say Beachhead, but I'm not sure that's the one), and Carter questions him on it later. I wonder what hers was? Or O'Neill's, for that matter....

Slowly, but surely.
                        *crosses fingers*

*groans* Sad, but true.
                        I'm sure there's a fanfic out there where that isn't the case

Pretty sure they're from Seasons 4 and 5. I think that's when Jason started teaching Joe how to play.
                        It does not surprise me at all that Jason already knew how to play. Guys only learn (when they're younger) so they can pick up chicks. I was never particularly good at it - I hold the guitar like a left handed person would, even though I'm right handed. Backwards as usual
                        sigpic

Comment

It's "Shaft", from cam-shaft. Colonel Prendergast refers to him by that moniker in an SG-1 ep (I want to say Beachhead, but I'm not sure that's the one), and Carter questions him on it later. I wonder what hers was? Or O'Neill's, for that matter....
                          Ah, that's the one. I wasn't sure if it was just "Shaft" or "Cam Shaft."

Yeah, would be nice to know the others' callsigns. Especially Sheppard. *smirks* However, I think callsigns are usually associated with fighter pilots, not chopper pilots like Shep. Then again, now that Shep does fly fighters, I suppose he might have had a callsign bestowed on him.

It does not surprise me at all that Jason already knew how to play. Guys only learn (when they're younger) so they can pick up chicks. I was never particularly good at it - I hold the guitar like a left handed person would, even though I'm right handed. Backwards as usual
                          Ooops.

Comment

"Shaft" was also so they could get a cheap laugh out of it But to be fair, I imagine that's what his callsign would be if he were a real person

Yeah, would be nice to know the others' callsigns. Especially Sheppard. *smirks* However, I think callsigns are usually associated with fighter pilots, not chopper pilots like Shep. Then again, now that Shep does fly fighters, I suppose he might have had a callsign bestowed on him.
                            Carter's would probably be "Brains". Alternatively, if you follow unincyclopedia, it would be "Big Bird". I'm not sure about O'Neill - I guess it would depend on what he was into 25 years ago *shrugs*
                            sigpic

Comment

All right, thanks! I'll start skimming the BTS pics.

Yup, it's a play on words for cam shaft, in "Beachhead".

As for theirs ... I dunno. Haven't really given it that much thought. John, on the other hand ...

It seemed like everybody learned to play in the small town I grew up in. Except me. I wish I had the time to learn now, but I don't. Pooh.

I wrote a story one time where his callsign was "Sparky". *diez laughing*

Sister's boyfriend is over so I snuck on real quick. Have massive headache that Aleve is not helping, and I still have "Can't Fight This Feeling" stuck in my head. God help me. *headkeyboard;kfdskn;gh;glgj:GOifgoifg*

Be back on later ...

Comment

I have these.
                                Spoiler:

Ooops.
                                I don't know how it works in the big Air Force, but when SR Jr. was in ROTC he got a call sign. They had some big ceremony or whatever and made a big deal of it. I know someone I can ask though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X