No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went in a mall this morning and still haven't recovered. Ouch, my headache! I know most women love the mall. Hey, I strive to be unique, ok?

On the bright side.... 1 week until my vacation to San Diego!! By this time next week I'll be drinking pink fruity drinks somewhere. Oh, and my friend got coupons for 4 free drinks on the airplane. A little alcohol should calm my nerves. I think I might bring Mirror, Mirror to reread on the plane. Or maybe print out some super long Sparky fic. Any recommendations?

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    I finally bought SGA on DVD!!!

... It's Season 4.
    Just ignore the special features and commentaries.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I don't understand a lot of women either, but I sure understand why some of us like that green flight suit. It's not a jacket, BTW, it's a jumpsuit. Here are several reasons.

Spoiler:
    shoulders
    []http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/shoulders/shouldersclose.jpg[/IMG][]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/shoulders/shoulders1.jpg[/IMG][]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/shoulders/shoulders3.jpg[/IMG]

arms
    []http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/shoulders/shoulders5.jpg[/IMG]

arms and uh...a hint of more
    []http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/shoulders/shoulders6.jpg[/IMG]

And one from the front that proves YOU ARE WRONG when you say he doesn't look good in green
    []http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/shoulders/normal_PDVD_0655.jpg[/IMG]

*fans self and passes out*
    I just knew you'd be able to explain it better than I could.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    SPARKY ART!!!

Not sure if I like it but I'll inflict it on you anyway

Nice! Love that quote.

And another one.....

So pretty but .

Thank you

On a bit of a roll today .......

Wow! You are on a roll! I need to get my butt going with some art. I haven't done anything in weeks now. These are lovely!! It's awesome when you get on a Sparky creative streak.

Comment

I loved John in the SGC BDUs during "The Return". He still had that black wrist band on. By the way, was it ever established if John had an office in Atlantis?
      nope. but i'm sure his quarters doubled as his office.

Comment

Yep, I'll post the fic in a little while. And by that, I mean probably a couple of days. I have Monday off, but I'll be at Busch Gardens.
        Yay, theme park bliss! I've been wanting to go to Disneyland for a while, but I'm going to wait until they do their open for 24 hours thing on the 29th. I'll be drinking a lot of coffee that night!

No rum. They drank it on the plane back.

And yes. Be very afraid. One last villain. Mwah ha ha.
        Oh crap. *sporks the bunnies*

I loved John in the SGC BDUs during "The Return". He still had that black wrist band on. By the way, was it ever established if John had an office in Atlantis?
        No, it was never established that he had an office. As military commander, the brass back home probably expected him to have one, though I can see him setting it up just for show and he hardly ever uses it.

I think John embodies both Hawkeye and BJ, and not even because of the "Kirk" factor, but his wit and humor. They both portray themselves as a little dumb when in reality they're geniuses.

Elizabeth -- probably Potter, jut because she keeps everybody together and running smoothly.

McKay -- a mix of Major "Ferret Face" Burns and Winchester, just because of the arrogance.

Oberoth -- Major Charles Emerson Winchester. Hands down.

Radek/Chuck -- Radar.

Teyla -- Rosie.

Ronan -- North Korean army. All of them.

Kate -- Father Mulcahy/Sidney Freeman.

Carson -- BJ, just because they're both so kind and caring.

Whoa. I kind of ran with that, huh?

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I went in a mall this morning and still haven't recovered. Ouch, my headache! I know most women love the mall. Hey, I strive to be unique, ok?

On the bright side.... 1 week until my vacation to San Diego!! By this time next week I'll be drinking pink fruity drinks somewhere. Oh, and my friend got coupons for 4 free drinks on the airplane. A little alcohol should calm my nerves. I think I might bring Mirror, Mirror to reread on the plane. Or maybe print out some super long Sparky fic. Any recommendations?
        Meh, I don't really like mall trolling either. I go in with a specific target in mind, get it, and get out.

Super long Sparky fic? *cough*Stargate!Ren*cough* Yeah, you so knew I was going to suggest that one.

I also like hope_tang's Slide Into the Night; it's angsty as hell, but the ending holds light at the end of the tunnel.

Have fun in San Diego!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SPARKY ART!!!

^ That's my favourite

Go on, admit it. You're a fanboy.
          I'm not admitting to something to which I'm unsure of its definition Really, I'm not sure what it means

I think John embodies both Hawkeye and BJ, and not even because of the "Kirk" factor, but his wit and humor. They both portray themselves as a little dumb when in reality they're geniuses.

Elizabeth -- probably Potter, jut because she keeps everybody together and running smoothly.

McKay -- a mix of Major "Ferret Face" Burns and Winchester, just because of the arrogance.

Radek/Chuck -- Radar.

Teyla -- Rosie.

I agree with Elizabeth as Potter. Not because they're terribly similar, but it seems a better fit than Margaret or Henry.

Re the Kate one, it was discussed on another thread that is was surprising that Kate wasn't a psychiatrist instead of a psychologist - perhaps an idea for BoD? She could help out with the regular doctoring then.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          nope. but i'm sure his quarters doubled as his office.
          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          No, it was never established that he had an office. As military commander, the brass back home probably expected him to have one, though I can see him setting it up just for show and he hardly ever uses it.
          To the best of my memory we never saw it. I always assumed it was the same office that Caldwell was using during Conversion. I would be quite surprised if he didn't have one, it was just that the script generally never called for it to be shown. It certainly wouldn't have been his bedroom - could you imagine what the slashers would say if he summoned a junior officer to his quarters to be disciplined?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            Re the Kate one, it was discussed on another thread that is was surprising that Kate wasn't a psychiatrist instead of a psychologist - perhaps an idea for BoD? She could help out with the regular doctoring then.
            Cause they're two different things maybe...

Psychiatry: The medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental illness.

Psychology: The study of the mind, occurring partly via the study of behavior. Grounded in scientific method, psychology has the immediate goal of understanding individuals and groups by both establishing general principles and researching specific cases, and for many it ultimately aims to benefit society

Kate was a couple's therapist once. That always struck me as funny, cause how did she exactly end up working for the government then? You know, how did she get chosen to be on the expedition?
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yay, theme park bliss! I've been wanting to go to Disneyland for a while, but I'm going to wait until they do their open for 24 hours thing on the 29th. I'll be drinking a lot of coffee that night!

Oh crap. *sporks the bunnies*

Ooh, coffee. Reminds me I have a free drink postcard from Starbucks. Gonna need it if I'm going to catch up on my fics!

It's probably the same as Jack. During "New Order", the season 8 premiere, SG-1 is discussing pros and cons about Jack's promotion, and he says he would get a desk, and Sam tells him, "Actually, sir, you do have a desk," to which Jack goes ... I'm not sure if that was intended sarcasm, but snarky. Anywho, same point.

I'm not admitting to something to which I'm unsure of its definition Really, I'm not sure what it means
              The Urban Dictionary definition for "fanboy". Have at it!

I agree with Elizabeth as Potter. Not because they're terribly similar, but it seems a better fit than Margaret or Henry.

Yeah, I couldn't really think of anyone who would fit Margaret or Henry ... though considering how often Klinger tried to get out, I think Kavanagh is his match, but more evil.

To the best of my memory we never saw it. I always assumed it was the same office that Caldwell was using during Conversion. I would be quite surprised if he didn't have one, it was just that the script generally never called for it to be shown. It certainly wouldn't have been his bedroom - could you imagine what the slashers would say if he summoned a junior officer to his quarters to be disciplined?

You may use this office during your stay in Atlantis, Colonel.
              Caldwell: I couldn't help but noticed we passed Hell getting here, Doctor.
              Well, you're getting older. You need to do your cardio. That and the fact I want you as far away from me as alienly possible. And given the circumstances, and the recent clearing of an unknown contagion from this room, this seemed the best fit.

Sorry, evil.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Psychiatry: The medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental illness.

Psychology: The study of the mind, occurring partly via the study of behavior. Grounded in scientific method, psychology has the immediate goal of understanding individuals and groups by both establishing general principles and researching specific cases, and for many it ultimately aims to benefit society

Kate was a couple's therapist once. That always struck me as funny, cause how did she exactly end up working for the government then? You know, how did she get chosen to be on the expedition?
              I never knew that either, but you're right, that is funny.

By the way, "Stonehenge Apocaylpse" is on SyFy right now! And OMG, Torri, I'm sorry, but ... don't do that accent anymore ...

Comment

I dare you, no, I DOUBLE DARE YOU to write fic for that!

Ooh, coffee. Reminds me I have a free drink postcard from Starbucks. Gonna need it if I'm going to catch up on my fics!

It's probably the same as Jack. During "New Order", the season 8 premiere, SG-1 is discussing pros and cons about Jack's promotion, and he says he would get a desk, and Sam tells him, "Actually, sir, you do have a desk," to which Jack goes ... I'm not sure if that was intended sarcasm, but snarky. Anywho, same point.
                *cracks up* Yeah, I think that sums it up perfectly!

Well, you're getting older. You need to do your cardio. That and the fact I want you as far away from me as alienly possible. And given the circumstances, and the recent clearing of an unknown contagion from this room, this seemed the best fit.

Sorry, evil.
                *dies laughing* Evil, but oh so good!

By the way, "Stonehenge Apocaylpse" is on SyFy right now! And OMG, Torri, I'm sorry, but ... don't do that accent anymore ...
                Methinks you'll get a kick out of this... Torri talking about SA and mocking her bad English accent! (and then later a little about SGA)

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Meh, I don't really like mall trolling either. I go in with a specific target in mind, get it, and get out.

Super long Sparky fic? *cough*Stargate!Ren*cough* Yeah, you so knew I was going to suggest that one.

I also like hope_tang's Slide Into the Night; it's angsty as hell, but the ending holds light at the end of the tunnel.

Have fun in San Diego!
                  Stargate!Ren!!!! I hadn't even thought of that. It would be great to reread some of the early stuff. Such romance.... *swoon*

Oh, and I could take your big bang story too! I love that one.

Let me break it down for you: where we are drooling over Joe's shoulders, you are drooling over Amanda's chest.

John wants the world to know:

Sorry, evil.
                  Caldwell: But I'm wearing The Courting Sweater!!!

Methinks you'll get a kick out of this... Torri talking about SA and mocking her bad English accent! (and then later a little about SGA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpncMu3i2ew
                  She's so damn adorable. And I get to meet her AND Irish Eyes AND Joe Flanigan in August!!! hampster-dance.gif

Comment

Stargate!Ren!!!! I hadn't even thought of that. It would be great to reread some of the early stuff. Such romance.... *swoon*

Oh, and I could take your big bang story too! I love that one.
                    I'm in the process of ebook-ifying StargateRen so I can have it with me on my iPad. Yes, I am a total dork.

OMG, Restoration is in desperate need of a rewrite. I keep thinking about doing it, but it's probably not gonna happen any time soon because I'm totally obsessed (in a good way!) with Atlantis Rising. But I'm glad you liked it! *huggles*

Caldwell: But I'm wearing The Courting Sweater!!!
                    *keeps trying to imagine John wearing a Courting Sweater and dies laughing*

She's so damn adorable. And I get to meet her AND Irish Eyes AND Joe Flanigan in August!!! [ATTACH=CONFIG]33870[/ATTACH]
                    SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

And yes, I'm watching Stonehenge Apocalypse right now. Bring on the crack!

Comment

Aw, yeah, I knew the definition It was just that in the context of that thread, someone commented that given that the expedition was a one way trip, it was surprising that Kate wasn't a psychiatrist instead of a psychologist, given that the military does on occassion station psychiatrists on their bases. That said, within the context of the episodes she appeared in, they picked her because she was the best available psychologist.

I guess it just isn't cool to see the star buried under a mountain of paperwork

I don't think I fit those definitions. Although by not fitting them, I apparently do fit some of the definitions

Yeah, I couldn't really think of anyone who would fit Margaret or Henry ... though considering how often Klinger tried to get out, I think Kavanagh is his match, but more evil.

Poor Caldwell

Let me break it down for you: where we are drooling over Joe's shoulders, you are drooling over Amanda's chest.
                      Now you're singing my song
                      sigpic

Comment

SPARKY ART!!!

I love it!! And the quote so fits them.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Radek/Chuck -- Radar.

Teyla -- Rosie.

Not at all!!

I like your list. I wouldn't have thought of some of them but they all fit.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Put me down as another mall hater. Our local mall is only 10 minutes away and I haven't been into the actual mall part in years. I go to Macy's and that's it. *shudders*

Try Unexpected by Oparu, an oldie but a goodie.

So, the following took place right here in my office last evening.

Miss M asked to see something that I had to pull up on my computer.

Miss M: Oooh, I like your screen saver. I can't believe you actually met him.

SR: It's mostly like a dream to me too.

Miss M: *looks over at pics on wall of me and the boys* And he's so tall too.

SR Jr.: Great, now there's two of them.

SR and Miss M: *dreamy sighs*
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I never knew that either, but you're right, that is funny.
                              Kate mentions this when she's counseling McKay/Cadman in Duet.

I dare you, no, I DOUBLE DARE YOU to write fic for that!
                              I'll see what I can do.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

And... S-minus 4 hours and 40 minutes until our Suspicion post-a-thon!

OMG. *dies laughing*

Comment

Working...
                                X