No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E: "I thought you'd at least have explained to them that it was our closet-anniversary."

J: "It's a popular closet. Can I help it that they were there first."

E: "If it had been Rodney, you'd kicked him out in a flash. You're justy afraid she'll kick your butt again in training."

J: "It isn't Teyla I'm afraid of... Have you seen Kate wielding her psych-powers lately?"

Okay, this sounded better in my head...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Whew! Another work day done.

So we deserve a hot Sparky angsty treat:
      <snip>
      Hee hee.
      Wow!! That's an awesome story!

Where did you touch her, Colonel?

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      I'm going to project here a bit, but as someone who is as bad if not worse than John about expressing his feelings that was absolutely going to be something personal.

For me the Good Ship Sparky didn't set sail during The Storm/The Eye but more like dropped anchor and dared anybody to deny it.
      Heh. I love that.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      E: "I thought you'd at least have explained to them that it was our closet-anniversary."

E: "If it had been Rodney, you'd kicked him out in a flash. You're justy afraid she'll kick your butt again in training."

J: "It isn't Teyla I'm afraid of... Have you seen Kate wielding her psych-powers lately?"

Nicely done!

Comment

I think that was actually a line of dialogue I had floating around, but it never got in the story.

Besides, I was also thinking of canonicity (if that's even a word, but you catch my drift). If John was the one that found Elizabeth after the nanites started working, I wanted to make it more dramatic. But couldn't you imagine John being dripping wet, explaining to Carson how he found Elizabeth in her shower?

Although, it could be argued that John got wet when he got her out of the shower ... but if that had been the case, his clothes wouldn't be wet, just his hair ...

Oy. Too much thinking. Maybe I'll just write another version with that plotline.
        And once he got over John's lame explanation for being wet, Carson would have to wonder why John came into her room, heard the shower going and WENT IN THERE KNOWING IT HAD TO BE ELIZABETH WHO WAS SHOWERING. But I'm sure Carson would be too polite to mention it.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          And once he got over John's lame explanation for being wet, Carson would have to wonder why John came into her room, heard the shower going and WENT IN THERE KNOWING IT HAD TO BE ELIZABETH WHO WAS SHOWERING. But I'm sure Carson would be too polite to mention it.
          Carson's the one who hands out the condoms. He is discreet.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

It works in print too.

Interestingly, on the Fun and Games thread, I was glancing over the Rare Pairings, and Kate/Teyla made No. 4. I wonder why?

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Wow!! That's an awesome story!

Where did you touch her, Colonel?
            ROFL! Yep, that's about right when the medic would interrupt and declare the nanites had started their hostile takeover.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            *spews iced coffee allover keyboard, then shakes head*

True. I think I read a fic once where John was getting a physical, and as discreetly as he could, Carson asks if he needs more condoms. It made me giggle hysterically.

Anyways, for those of you on LJ who want to "officially" comment and make me all warm and happy, here's the link to "The Morning Of", aka "The Huge Long Oneshot that SW Spoilered About 10 Posts Up".

Just got home from a run/jog/walk/limp. Actually managed to run almost a mile with some friends. I feel pretty stinking good tonight. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

Comment

ShipperWriter, you killed me DED with that story! Great work, it was an awesome read! And congratulations on hitting the big 1300 posts!

I always enjoy being the underdog. Although that's only in one sense, as we're surely the largest het group in SGA fandom. But we're the underdogs as far as TPTW go. That's what makes it even more fun.
              *snerks* It must've chapped their hides to know that the fans wanted something other than what TPTW did. Oh well, that's TPTW's loss for not being in tune with the fans like they should have been.

I think that was actually a line of dialogue I had floating around, but it never got in the story.

Besides, I was also thinking of canonicity (if that's even a word, but you catch my drift). If John was the one that found Elizabeth after the nanites started working, I wanted to make it more dramatic. But couldn't you imagine John being dripping wet, explaining to Carson how he found Elizabeth in her shower?

Although, it could be argued that John got wet when he got her out of the shower ... but if that had been the case, his clothes wouldn't be wet, just his hair ...

Oy. Too much thinking. Maybe I'll just write another version with that plotline.
              Actually, John's whole upper body would've likely gotten wet, as he probably would've had to bend over/kneel to pick her up off the floor in the shower. Because let's face it, he'd be concerned with more important things than shutting off the water before he got in the shower to get Elizabeth out. So, not so hard to explain after all.

I'm going to project here a bit, but as someone who is as bad if not worse than John about expressing his feelings that was absolutely going to be something personal.

For me the Good Ship Sparky didn't set sail during The Storm/The Eye but more like dropped ancor and dared anybody to deny it.

Dropped anchor, loaded guns and opened gun ports to return fire against anyone who might try to attack it. Hey, we won't start the fight, but we'll finish it. Always be prepared, right?

Well, they're on the right track, but hinting??? Nuh uh.
              Well, you know, hinting since they never actually came out and said "I love you."

Carson knows EVERYTHING.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                ShipperWriter, you killed me DED with that story! Great work, it was an awesome read! And congratulations on hitting the big 1300 posts!
                Thank you, and thank you. Do we need to get Carson to bring a crash cart?

Actually, John's whole upper body would've likely gotten wet, as he probably would've had to bend over/kneel to pick her up off the floor in the shower. Because let's face it, he'd be concerned with more important things than shutting off the water before he got in the shower to get Elizabeth out. So, not so hard to explain after all.
                For the sake of my sanity, I'm trying not to imagine wet!Shep.

Too late.

Well, you know, hinting since they never actually came out and said "I love you."

Carson knows EVERYTHING.
                Yes, they did!!!

Oh wait. That was the billions of fic I've read. Never mind.

Comment

Thank you, and thank you. Do we need to get Carson to bring a crash cart?
                  Nah, that's okay. I had this to wake me up...

For the sake of my sanity, I'm trying not to imagine wet!Shep.

Too late.
                  Cheeky boy. And my, he gets cheeky when wet.

Yes, they did!!!

Oh wait. That was the billions of fic I've read. Never mind.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey, just out of curiousity: has anybody heard from Kris lately, on Twitter or otherwise? Haven't seen her in forever.

All right, going to sleep. It's been a long day.

See y'all tomorrow!
                    Last edited by ShipperWriter; 13 February 2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Hey, just out of curiousity: has anybody heard from Kris lately, on Twitter or otherwise? Haven't seen her in forever.

All right, going to sleep. It's been a long day.

See y'all tomorrow!
                      She's on Twitter pretty regularly; I think she was on a trip of some sort over the weekend.

Anyway, nighty-night, and I hope you have some pleasant Sparky dreams!

Comment

I agree with you there. I was rewatching "Sateda" and there's a scene where John and Teyla are in the mess on the Daedalus, and John is clamming up when he's trying to explain how much he cares for them, how they're really the only family he has. And of course, since Teyla is psychic and she's read the script beforehand, she's correctly guessing all his answers. Compare that with any of his conversations with Elizabeth ... was there ever a time he was at a loss for words? Not that I can remember.
                        If it was Elizabeth instead of Teyla in that scene, I'm pretty sure they would have just shared a look and Elizabeth would have patted his hand and said something to the effect of "I know John. Don't worry we'll find him."
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Thank you, mandogater!
                          You're welcome ShipperWriter!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Dropped anchor, loaded guns and opened gun ports to return fire against anyone who might try to attack it. Hey, we won't start the fight, but we'll finish it. Always be prepared, right?
                            How very true!

Comment

SPARKY ART!!!!

sigpic
                              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

If it was Elizabeth instead of Teyla in that scene, I'm pretty sure they would have just shared a look and Elizabeth would have patted his hand and said something to the effect of "I know John. Don't worry we'll find him."
                                You've hit one of my hot buttons. Everybody brace yourselves. I'm not sure what the writer's purpose for that scene was. Sateda was written by RCC and he should have understood his characters a lot better. I liked the way John struggled to express feelings, but I don't understand why Teyla asked the question in the first place. Shouldn't she have known by that time that John didn't consider her and Ronon less than equals because they were from Pegasus? Why did his actions surprise her? So, from a writer's standpoint, the scene was a bit contrived. And she showed a total misunderstanding of John's character with her responses. No friends? She's seen him in action for over 2 years. She must know how friendly he is. No social skills? It was his social skills that made them become friends in the first place. So, yeah, if it had been Elizabeth the scene would have played out totally different, and she wouldn't have poked and prodded at him trying to get him to talk.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                                Stunning and beautiful and stunningly beautiful.

And, by the way, Happy Valentine's Day!

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X