Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    I refused to even find out our windchill here. Hubby almost froze while putting gas in the car.
    I don't know what teh windchill here in Florida was, but the temperature was 55 degrees at its highest point today, and with the wind blowing ... it's cold. Not as cold as everyone else, I suppose.

On the plus side, I finished my fic! It's Sparky smutty angst. I'll post it anyplace I can in celebration of Tuesday. Mwahahaha.

Comment

I wish I could, but most of the time I am busy during your thons. I catch up afterwards.
      Oh, drat! That sucks, it'd be great to have you here. But I hope you're having fun reading our insane ramblings!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I think we need another look at that one.
      And better yet, a close up of certain... areas...

Oh my SR. That has warmed me up from my 27F evening!!!
      Thanks. We had a windchill of 18°F here today. Brrrr.
      BRRRR! Geeeze, are you guys trying to make me cold? I think I need a Shep clone to keep me warm.

Still working on my own little ficlet for Smutty Valentine's Day. Will of course have to stop when this week's Downton Abbey comes on...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm working on my HC Big Bang, an AU which is Kolya became leader of the Genii after a long civil war between him and Ladon. Theres a brutal dictator who abducts John then as a sign of wuv from Elizabeth she teams up with the man she despises to save him. There is Sparky but it's more like John and Elizabeth are upset they are apart...

But thats the good thing about these type of fics....epic Sparky reunion kissing.
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

And smut! You can't forget about the Sparky!Smut!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh....Yes smut! I love glad you didn't die smut....always epic.....you know there is one day left in SGA_smooch see if I could get a quick one!
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              Thanks! I was just run down and needed to R & R for a bit.
              You're welcome!

Now if my darn writer's block would leave me so I can come up with some more Sparky ficlets or finally finish that massive crossover I keep kvetching about.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Anyone else think that Lizzeh was thinking of sending Kav to the same planet that they sent the cloud creature from Hide and Seek to?
                Every time I watch the episode.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I don't remember these two young guys but hey are sure cuties. Ford was all Marineish in this.
                  Well, you do have that thing for men in uniform

OMG, the colorless shirt of yuck. Wardrobe dept should be fired.
                  You are forgetting that when she packed, she picked from the selection of "clothes for Simon".

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  And Rodney starts to panic of course.

The physics of pulling Ford out of the puddle seems bogus to me.
                  Me too. Shouldn't there only be half of him?

Ford's doing his whole "deep authoritative" voice.
                  It's the "I'm only starting out in acting and haven't got the hang of it yet" voice. It gets better as the season goes on

Peter is cute.
                  Grodin or Kav?

Joe does pain so very well. I remember on the commentary something being said about constipation. ROTFLMAO.

Radek!!!!!!
                  Pain is one of my pet peeves with Jason. Moving on

*dodges anvil*

I love this part. Yeah, you would actually fire a weapon that close to someone's face. He'd still be deaf.
                  I know someone who had an RPG fired in his vicinity sans earmuffs. Permanent ear damage. The sympathy quickly evaporates when he is in charge of the music and passes the ear damage onto the rest of us

Scientists snarking at each other. Where's my popcorn?
                  Ah, that's where they left the extras

Now right here is a good look at the Athosian culture and we see that they are religious, ritualistic and well-structured. Not mindless hormone crazed polyamorous primitives. *shakes fist*
                  And they can speak Ancient. Or at least Halling can

Kav must die! I can't believe he was in the finale of the series. #$%#$%#@
                  Really? I must've missed that bit

I think she was too easy on Kav. I would have thrown him out of the discussion. This is wasting time.
                  Good point, especially when everyone else in the room disagreed with him. I was impressed with the private mention.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  Maybe I'm a extreme minority here but I actually wonder if Kavanagh was supposed to be a recurring character that gets developed into a more sympathetic one as time went on. Many characters start off that way (such as Woolsey and Rodney) and he was the one who came up with the solution at the end of this episode wasn't he? I actually think I didn't remember that the first time I re watched 38 minutes, and I suspect a lot of other people didn't either.
                  It's possible. I'm not really sure why they dropped him after CM. Maybe they felt his arc had played out at that point? I guess he would have had to do some serious talking to get another position on Atlantis after his LFP shenanigans.

And she calls him John right in the middle of it all, when everyone else has been calling him "major" all day. Just sayin'.
                  Lizzeh is the worst offender with the first name card (subtle ZPS reference)

It was utterly ridiculous to have Teyla be the one to carry a 6 ft man. Sometimes shipper anvils are just stupid.
                  I didn't see it as an anvil at all. I just thought it was because of the lack of other options *shrugs*

I think her gray shirt looks nice up close but not far away.
                  True, dat

They should have had Teyla stay with him in the infirmary if they wanted to press that ship. Just saying. No, they leave it on Sparky flirting goodness.
                  See, that's why I remain so puzzled. And why did they put so much emphasis on what he was trying to say. It was specifically to Elizabeth, not to all of them. He didn't even say any goodbyes to his team who were right there with him. From a writer's standpoint I just don't get it.
                  Let's see, and this episode was written by... Brad Wright. Who early on was a champion of Weir's character. (at least, before he let M&M throw her under the bus) Curious, isn't it?

ITA on those sentiments. It was an added scene, so I'm not sure who wrote it, but they fluffed it if Sheyla was 'the ship'. I think BW is an excellent character writer and character creator. Some of the other stuff, not so much
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    I'm working on my HC Big Bang, an AU which is Kolya became leader of the Genii after a long civil war between him and Ladon. Theres a brutal dictator who abducts John then as a sign of wuv from Elizabeth she teams up with the man she despises to save him. There is Sparky but it's more like John and Elizabeth are upset they are apart...

But thats the good thing about these type of fics....epic Sparky reunion kissing.
                    and when will we get to read this epic story of yours?

Comment

My contribution to your post-a-thon

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/ambition.jpg

and a 38 minutes tag I wrote for a whump thread challenge...

Minutes Pass

Glad you guys are having fun!
                      What I noticed about that shot (aside from you ladies all being pervs hypocrites loyal fans) was that Joe must've actually been method acting being unconscious, based on Rachel & Rainbow's faces. I hope Paul wasn't method acting with the defibrilator
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, everybody! It's a frigid 40 degrees in Florida ...

LadyMore, looking forward to your epic fic. Sparky reunion is fantastic, no matter how it unfolds.

I was watching "Grace Under Pressure" last night, and I was too tired to screen capture, buat the end when John and Radek run into the back of Rodney's jumper, there is a good 2-3 inches of skin visible between pants and shirt. I went and watched it again. A couple times.

And gateraid, you know you love us.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          What I noticed about that shot (aside from you ladies all being pervs hypocrites loyal fans) was that Joe must've actually been method acting being unconscious, based on Rachel & Rainbow's faces. I hope Paul wasn't method acting with the defibrilator
                          All I can say is, Rachel must be a lot stronger than she looks. The way she dragged him through after Rainbow let go didn't leave much room for him to help her. Luckily she didn't have to bear his weight very far. He probably outweighs her by 50 pounds or more. Joe is very thin, but it's all muscle. And the height makes someone that size unwieldy.

So, now it's time to discuss. We're off to a nice start, but does anyone have a question that is plot related?

There has been much speculation about what John really meant to say, but I'm wondering why he backed off when he knew he was going to live. Why not just tell Weir what he had planned to? If it was to thank her for believing in him or something of that nature, wouldn't that be pretty harmless? And she seemed to understand him to the point that he didn't need to actually verbalize it. Is that the reason so many fans saw ship where none was intended?
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

gateraid - I'm not a perv! No wait, I am.

Pocus - That poster made me Thud.gif

All I can say is, Rachel must be a lot stronger than she looks. The way she dragged him through after Rainbow let go didn't leave much room for him to help her. Luckily she didn't have to bear his weight very far. He probably outweighs her by 50 pounds or more. Joe is very thin, but it's all muscle. And the height makes someone that size unwieldy.
                              As Joe discovered when he had to carry Torri.

So, now it's time to discuss. We're off to a nice start, but does anyone have a question that is plot related?

There has been much speculation about what John really meant to say, but I'm wondering why he backed off when he knew he was going to live. Why not just tell Weir what he had planned to? If it was to thank her for believing in him or something of that nature, wouldn't that be pretty harmless? And she seemed to understand him to the point that he didn't need to actually verbalize it. Is that the reason so many fans saw ship where none was intended?
                              Most definitely. It was way too early in the mission for it to have been anything particularly shippy, but the backing off afterwards and then the teasing back and forth made it seem like it could be. If that had played out after The Eye.... holy moly! That said, if they'd never revisited the dynamic between the two characters, it would have been viewed as a one-off moment. The real turning point IMO was The Storm/The Eye. That's when things take a dramatic shift to Sparky land.

Comment

*shrugs* I've been picking guys up at the gym lately (literally, not the way that sentence implies) for an exercise that involves hanging off a piece of equipment upside down. I've been surprised by how light guys are relative to how heavy they look. But it's not the same way one would lift a girl though - for one thing, you're not trying to hold the girl as far away as possible

What he meant to say is something to this day I cannot wrap my head around. It can't have been ship related, it was too early for that but if they were going for the McKeller angle, it would have been "I love you"/snark but there can't have been too much else that would have required any level of secrecy. Maybe it was something about her next 2IC, or perhaps that she needed to toughen up if she was going to lead the expedition without him.

To me, the fact that he backed off after he survived says that it was either something about her, about him, or about one of the other members. It could also have been a reference to his family life ("give Dad a half-hearted punch in the shoulder from me"). If it involved feelings for anyone in the jumper, he could just as easily have said it to any of them, but if it were an observation about them (eg Ford is quite green for a military commander, you'll have to pick up a lot of the leadership 'slack') that became irrelevant after he survived then it may have just been unwarranted to say after the fact. I'm tying myself in knots here.

The thing that may point to ship is their interaction in the infirmary scene. In my head, I can see that scene with Sam & Jack and it comes off completely different (okay, it would have 'that' music) even though they were the 'official' ship. Here she recognises the seriousness of the situation, but when he doesn't want to talk about it, she doesn't push it but turns it into a bit of a joke.

Honestly, I think the way these scenes play out (especially given the infirmary one was an added scene, so much so that they were all in their own clothing) is accidental, caused by the second being done in a hurry and without anyone realising what they would play like back to back. If BW wrote the tag scene, he probably just thought "oh, I guess I should refer to what he was going to say, that seemed important". I do wonder what they thought when they saw the finished product
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X