Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Dyson FTW!!! I love my Dyson. It did seem to take me forever to figure out how to unattach and reattach everything, and with my arthritis in my hands, pushing those little buttons to release things can be very painful. But I still love it. I'm also amused by the fact that the instructions on how to empty the canister are written underneath it, and you can only read them after you figure out how to remove the canister. LOL

Now I'm off to read your fic.
    Yes, even with the owner's manual complete with pictures, I still couldn't figure out how to extend the hose to do the stairs. Finally figured it out, then hit my head against a wall once I realized how simple it was.

After pouring all that creative energy into working on fics and finishing that video, I'm zapped. I think I'm actually going to turn in early tonight.

Be back tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      <snip>
      I wonder if the nanites might not have been able to affect John (at least not in the way that they did with Elizabeth) because he's got the ATA gene. Remember how the nanovirus (which was retconned by TPTW to have been a creation of the Asurans) didn't affect anyone with the ATA gene?
      I don't subscribe to that theory, but there isn't much to prove it in either direction. The nanovirus was designed by the Asurans when they had their original programming, so the virus wouldn't have been able to harm the ancients. When Weir got infected, their programming had been altered. Again, its impossible to prove one way or the other, but even if it were true that originally the ATA gene nullified any Replicator attack, it's likely that that safeguard would have been removed fairly swiftly, meaning Shep was just another human and just as vulnerable.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      That could be as well. I know John was kidding that the nanites were too focused on Elizabeth to move to him, and if they were trying to take down her consciousness they would be. But even in her mind, the "SFs" and "Jack" made no effort to take him down, or even acted like they noticed he was there. So maybe the ATA gene renders him immune.
      Again, it's only an opinion, but I think for human to human transmission they'd need blood to blood contact. Weir would've been touched by a bunch of people before they realised she was infected, none of whom got infected. If it worked that way, they could just as easily travel up the needle and infect Carson through his rubber suit when he injected the wraith tissue.

Slight pic!spam!

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/.../2x16_1184.jpg

So you're telling me that even after I got possessed by an alien consciousness, Elizabeth and I ...
      Caldwell: You tried to kill each other.
      Hmm. Not exactly what I had in mind for "aliens made me do it".
      But, we did kiss, right?
      Well, yeah, but I can do that anytime.
      Caldwell: You do know I'm putting that in my report.
      Very well. Please remind Dr. Beckett that you need a "physical" while you're here.
      Later:
      So what's this I hear about you being in need of a prostate exam?

I know, I know. I said I was going to do chores. I swear I'm leaving ... *snark*
      Poor Caldwell
      sigpic

Comment

Wonderful story, SW!!!
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I must've missed something. What's the deal with this particular cat?
          About 10 minutes into the game a cat ran onto the field. The cameras followed him running around the field. He stopped to visit Tottenham's keeper before heading to the sidelines. A guard picked him up and took him towards the locker rooms. About 20 minutes later the anouncers were told someone opened a twitter account for the cat.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Yes, even with the owner's manual complete with pictures, I still couldn't figure out how to extend the hose to do the stairs. Finally figured it out, then hit my head against a wall once I realized how simple it was.

After pouring all that creative energy into working on fics and finishing that video, I'm zapped. I think I'm actually going to turn in early tonight.

Be back tomorrow!
            LOL Their pics aren't the best, are they? I keep my owner's manual on my desktop for easy reference. Now though, like you, I can't believe how dumb I was when I first got it. Sorry peeps, I guess you're all wondering why we like these vacuums so much with all the whining. You have to try one to understand. Now back to our regularly scheduled Sparky.

Speaking of vacuuming, did you ever think of all the things the people on the Atlantis expedition don't get to do? Drive. Grocery shop. Shop for anything really. Watch live TV. Call friends. Sounds like another plot bunny.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'll reply to posts when I get on a computer later... but for now, I gotta vent.

I posted a story that says angsty, set post "GitM", and someone left a review asking if I thought John would really do what I had him do in the story. And it's been rubbing me the wrong way all morning. Because, we know, what we write is fiction, not the teleplay for the show. I didn't write this particularly depressing piece for John to be completely in character.

Rant done. Back to work.

Comment

sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I'll reply to posts when I get on a computer later... but for now, I gotta vent.

I posted a story that says angsty, set post "GitM", and someone left a review asking if I thought John would really do what I had him do in the story. And it's been rubbing me the wrong way all morning. Because, we know, what we write is fiction, not the teleplay for the show. I didn't write this particularly depressing piece for John to be completely in character.

Rant done. Back to work.
                  And this is why I stay far far away from FF.net. I would like to ask that person if they think John would actually do nothing and let Elizabeth walk through the gate to her death in the first place. My version of John Sheppard never would have done that, and neither would he have left her behind in Lifeline. What part of "fanfic" do they not understand?

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  Just a few minutes alone in a closet with me and Elizabeth's hair is fluffier and her skin glows. And I could swear her boobs look bigger.

People are starting to stare, John.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    I don't subscribe to that theory, but there isn't much to prove it in either direction. The nanovirus was designed by the Asurans when they had their original programming, so the virus wouldn't have been able to harm the ancients. When Weir got infected, their programming had been altered. Again, its impossible to prove one way or the other, but even if it were true that originally the ATA gene nullified any Replicator attack, it's likely that that safeguard would have been removed fairly swiftly, meaning Shep was just another human and just as vulnerable.
                    But would it have been swift enough? Niam's attack on Elizabeth appears to have happened almost instantly after the Replicators unfroze; sending a specific "Kill or infect Weir" command (as leader, Elizabeth would've been the obvious choice) to just a single Replicator seems like a much simpler and faster kind of addition to the code than the more complex rewriting necessary to remove the "don't attack Ancients/ATA carriers" protocol and then upload that to the entire Replicator collective of however many millions of Replicators there are on Asuras.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    Again, it's only an opinion, but I think for human to human transmission they'd need blood to blood contact. Weir would've been touched by a bunch of people before they realised she was infected, none of whom got infected. If it worked that way, they could just as easily travel up the needle and infect Carson through his rubber suit when he injected the wraith tissue.
                    Probably true. Personally, I don't think John was kidding (though he may have been trying to sound like it to lighten the mood) about the nanites being too focused on Elizabeth to go after him, especially if the attack command sent to Niam was specifically targeting Elizabeth all along.

Rant done. Back to work.
                    Sounds like a Sparky-hater. I say ignore them, they're probably just pissed that we won't go away.

Speaking of The Pretteh...

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                    Yeah, that's Pretteh, all right.

Just a few minutes alone in a closet with me and Elizabeth's hair is fluffier and her skin glows. And I could swear her boobs look bigger.

: Let 'em stare, sweetheart. They all know we're the hottest couple in two galaxies. Gives 'em something to aspire to. Not that they'll ever be as hot as we are. Admit it, you like the attention.

: I plead the Fifth.
                    Last edited by Scary Kitty; 10 February 2012, 08:05 AM. Reason: clarification & expansion of a point. The devil's in the details, baby.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

But would it have been swift enough? Niam's attack on Elizabeth appears to have happened almost instantly after the Replicators unfroze; sending a command to attack a single person (as leader, Elizabeth would've been the obvious choice) seems like a much simpler and faster kind of addition to the code than the more complex rewriting necessary to remove the "don't attack Ancients/ATA carriers" protocol.

Probably true. Personally, I don't think John was kidding (though he may have been trying to sound like it to lighten the mood) about the nanites being too focused on Elizabeth to go after him, especially if the attack command sent to Niam was specifically targeting Elizabeth all along.

Sounds like a Sparky-hater. I say ignore them, they're probably just pissed that we won't go away.

: Let 'em stare, sweetheart. They all know we're the hottest couple in two galaxies. Gives 'em something to aspire to. Not that they'll ever be as hot as we are. Admit it, you like the attention.

I like the attention from you, John. But frankly, all these other people are starting to make me feel a bit self-conscious.

We could always slip back into that closet where they can't see us.
                      sigpic

Comment

I like the attention from you, John. But frankly, all these other people are starting to make me feel a bit self-conscious.

We could always slip back into that closet where they can't see us.
                        : Gee, and here I thought you'd like it more in a bed.

: That can be arranged. I've got a bottle of champagne and a basket of strawberries fresh from the hydroponics lab stashed in my quarters.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And this is why I stay far far away from FF.net. I would like to ask that person if they think John would actually do nothing and let Elizabeth walk through the gate to her death in the first place. My version of John Sheppard never would have done that, and neither would he have left her behind in Lifeline. What part of "fanfic" do they not understand?

But would it have been swift enough? Niam's attack on Elizabeth appears to have happened almost instantly after the Replicators unfroze; sending a specific "Kill or infect Weir" command (as leader, Elizabeth would've been the obvious choice) to just a single Replicator seems like a much simpler and faster kind of addition to the code than the more complex rewriting necessary to remove the "don't attack Ancients/ATA carriers" protocol and then upload that to the entire Replicator collective of however many millions of Replicators there are on Asuras.

This is just been a twig on the pile of crap RL has dumped on me this week. Family problems, frustrating students at work, and the gloomy weather for the past 3 Fridays ... I need a vacation so badly, but it's looking like it's not gonna happen any time soon.

And actually, that reviewer is a Sparky fan. That's why it threw me off. Oh well. I'll write back a nice little note when I get home. "And that's why it's called fanfiction. Thanks for reading!"

On a side note, World History class is watching a Renaissance video that showed the clothing. I can see Elizabeth in the flowing gowns, but John with the tights? Oy vey. Gutter!

Comment

: Gee, and here I thought you'd like it more in a bed.

: That can be arranged. I've got a bottle of champagne and a basket of strawberries fresh from the hydroponics lab stashed in my quarters.
                            What, no whipped cream.
                            sigpic

Comment

What, no whipped cream.
                              It's in the refrigerator with the chocolate syrup.

Comment

This is just been a twig on the pile of crap RL has dumped on me this week. Family problems, frustrating students at work, and the gloomy weather for the past 3 Fridays ... I need a vacation so badly, but it's looking like it's not gonna happen any time soon.
                                Ouch. *hugs*

And actually, that reviewer is a Sparky fan. That's why it threw me off. Oh well. I'll write back a nice little note when I get home. "And that's why it's called fanfiction. Thanks for reading!"
                                It was a Sparky fan? *headdesk* I think you've got the right idea with your response, though. Just give 'em your best "eat s**t and die" grin!

On a side note, World History class is watching a Renaissance video that showed the clothing. I can see Elizabeth in the flowing gowns, but John with the tights? Oy vey. Gutter!
                                RAWR.

It's in the refrigerator with the chocolate syrup.
                                : And the raspberry cheesecake for dessert.

Comment

Working...
                                X