Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I never noticed that before. You're right! Oh Ronon.
    Heehee!

*giggles*

Question for you past con-goers. The interviews they do - how do you get your seat for that? Is it a first come, first serve thing? Do the gold coupon people (my gosh, that sounds so Willy Wonka-ish) get the front rows regardless of when they arrive? Do you end up doing a lot of standing around and walking?
    Gold and Preferred tickets get reserved seats in the programming rooms, which are assigned at the time you make your ticket purchase; usually, the earlier you buy, the closer to the front you'll be. General admission is unreserved seats at the back (and sometimes the sides, depending on the room layout), first come, first served. You'll be standing in line for photo ops; autographs get called up by row for Gold/Preferred, then by ticket number for anyone in General, and you'll probably wait a bit for those depending on what admission level you're at. There's not a lot of walking, as they like to keep the programming rooms, dealer rooms and photo op rooms pretty close together. When they release the schedule of events (typically a week or so before the con), they'll have a list of what rooms are being used for each event. Then you can go to the hotel's website and pull up their floor plans for their convention/meeting areas and get a pretty good idea for where everything is before you get there.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Heehee!
      I usually get too caught up laughing at poor Patrick Star Kolya.

Gold and Preferred tickets get reserved seats in the programming rooms, which are assigned at the time you make your ticket purchase; usually, the earlier you buy, the closer to the front you'll be. General admission is unreserved seats at the back (and sometimes the sides, depending on the room layout), first come, first served. You'll be standing in line for photo ops; autographs get called up by row for Gold/Preferred, then by ticket number for anyone in General, and you'll probably wait a bit for those depending on what admission level you're at. There's not a lot of walking, as they like to keep the programming rooms, dealer rooms and photo op rooms pretty close together. When they release the schedule of events (typically a week or so before the con), they'll have a list of what rooms are being used for each event. Then you can go to the hotel's website and pull up their floor plans for their convention/meeting areas and get a pretty good idea for where everything is before you get there.
      Thank you for that info! Now I can make a more informed decision.

Comment

Gold ticket includes autographs/pictures, yes?

Comment

Deliberate repost of STITCH cause he's so darn cute!

And I snerched him too.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I usually get too caught up laughing at poor Patrick Star Kolya.
            AHAHAHAH!

And ZOMG, STITCH!

Gold ticket includes autographs/pictures, yes?
            Autographs, yes. (Though on occasion, there may be an actor or two who are not included in the package; it'll be noted on the webpage.) Photo ops are not included, but you can purchase them at the same time you buy your con ticket.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
              GREAT job SW!!!
              Squee!!! Thanks, Pocus!!!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              lol regarding SW's Story. that would definitely be taken out of context if someone did come in the midde.
              LOL. That actually happened to me one time -- I had a friend who was relating a story about how he used to strip and it hurt his knees. I started listening in the middle of the conversation and -- he then told me he used to strip floors. *snorts*

That's AWESOME!!! Good job!
              I like attention. Thanks!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Haha, I loved the story, ShipperWriter! Kavanaugh is too easy to have his chain yanked by pretty much everyone. Imagine the people back at the SGC reading his ridiculous accusations and laughing about it. Jack would certainly have a field day snarking about Kavanaugh.
              I can imagine Jack laughing so hard over the Letters From Pegasus video.
              Don't make me write a sequel. Haha.

Yes. I was annoyed when he popped up in Midway and he didn't make any reference to Elizabeth.
              Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              Kavanugh was such a tool. and yet he was the kind of character that kept popping up from time to time and you were like "where the heck did he come from?"
              Or how he conveniently pops up in "Enemy at the Gate" ...

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              I have a question, guys. have you watched "The Finder" already? For those who don't know, it's a series about a guy, former soldier (I forgot how high he was ranking - he was an officer, right SR?) who, when asked to find something, will find it or die trying. He also uncovers all sorts of unpleasent truths around whatever he's investigating.

I am amusing myself imagining a crossover with SGA and The Finder. Walter would enjoy yanking John's chain.
              Haha, that would be fun! I watched the episode, perhaps it was the pilot, I'm not sure, that had Sweets visiting from Bones and I fell in love with it. Putting it on my list of shows to tape. And I mean tape on VCR. I can't afford DVR.

Onto the next pages ...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

And I snerched him too.

Comment

My 1,200th post! It's about time! LOL

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Thanks for reposting that fic, SW! I needed a good laugh, and Kavanaugh being a jerk (and totally getting it wrong) never fails to disappoint!
                  You're welcome!

No kidding. You'd think he'd be drooling at any chance to badmouth Elizabeth, and I can totally see him saying that he knew all along she was going to come to a bad end in reference to the Replicator mess. At which point John would probably shove Kav out an airlock. Or leave him for Wraith food. I'm sure Todd wouldn't mind a snack.

And how Kolya ends up dying like a starfish?
                  ROFL!!!

Deliberately reposting pic because it's just too damn funny...

HAHAHAHAHAH!

And is it just me, or does it look like Ronon's about to kick Kolya just to make sure he's dead?
                  That, and then he'll pull his blaster, shoot, and shrug. "Can't hurt if he's dead, right?"

Makes me wonder if JoeF and Robert Davi learned to fall from the same acting masters.
                  Heh. Add that to the list of questions to ask at the next con JoeF is at.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

And I snerched him too.
                  Okay, y'all mentioned Stitch. Time to repost this:

Comment

DELIBERATE REPOST!!!

That last one with Lilo could easily be a conversation in Elizabeth's office between John/Rodney or Rodney/Radek. LOL

Comment

So I was cleaning up my iPod and found this story. Don't know if I ever posted it or not, so here goes.

"Beaches, Wine, and Loyalty"

Spoilered for length:
                      Spoiler:

Author’s Notes: I wrote this from a prompt a long time ago on my iPod but never posted it. Takes place during Season One.

Disclaimer: I own – no, wait, still don’t own anything Stargate related.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Major John Sheppard looked around the mixed group of Athosians and Expedition members, noticing the absence of one particular member. He nodded at Teyla, who made her way over to him, holding a bottle of Athosian wine.

"Is everything all right?"

"Um, I'm gonna go for a little walk, that's all. Just make sure McKay doesn't do anything stupid, all right?"

Teyla glanced quickly at the bottle she was holding, then desperately laughed. "Then what shall I do with this?"

John pressed his lips together. "I'll take that off your hands for you," he offered with a sly smile.

She handed it over to him, along with two handmade cups.

When John quirked an eyebrow, she explained, "She's at the shore line."

John opened his mouth to retort, but clamped it shut, only replying with a nod of thanks and understanding as he left the group.

-=-=-=-=-

Elizabeth sat on a large rock, letting her bare feet hang over as she allowed the cooling waves to rush over her feet again and again. The sand on this beach was very fine, but it made for an excellent do-it-yourself pedicure.

She heard the sound of heavy footsteps behind her.

She smiled, shielding her eyes as she looked at the sun hovering midway in the sky. "I was wondering how long it would take for you to get away."

"Yeah, well, Rodney pretty much sealed the deal."

She laughed, then turned around and smiled at her companion. "And I see you made out with some of the goods."

"Teyla asked me to take it before McKay found it," he shrugged, offering her a cup and pulling the handmade stopper out of the bottle.

If Elizabeth remembered right, this particular wine tasted like red wine with a hint of raspberry -- its tartness at first made you not want anymore, but by the time you swallowed it, you got used to it, and wondered why you disliked it in the first place.

It reminded her of a certain major she knew.

John poured more in her glass, less in his, and he replaced the stopped firmly. Holding his cup, he looked at her. "So. What should we toast? No attacks, no coups, no sieges, so ..."

She looked around at all the nature around her, something she knew existed from Atlantis but couldn't see every day. As her panoramic view ended with her looking at John, she couldn't help but smile. "To two friends who need to catch up."

John smiled with her. "Cheers."

As they both emptied their cups and felt a slight warmness in their stomachs, Elizabeth suggested a walk. "Just in case someone comes looking for you. You probably wouldn't want to be found sitting barefoot on a rock, pouring out your tale of how you cheated on your 5th grade math test just to impress your teacher."

John smirked as he stood, extending a hand to Elizabeth. "It was 6th grade, English, and she was hot," he corrected sarcastically, pulling her up.

She met his eyes for a brief glance; she saw the teasing, jovial nature of his last statement, but she could sense that the extra emphasis he placed on his last word wasn't merely directed at his 6th grade English teacher.

They averted their eyes, then began walking. John still had his boots on and was gently crunching against the sand. Elizabeth had managed to leave her boots in the Puddle Jumper and slipped into a pair of sandals, rolling up her black pants as they sat on the rock.

"So. How are you, Doctor Weir?" John asked, glancing over at her.

"I'm fine, Major Sheppard. How are you?"

He blew out a breath. "I'm good." He chuckled as they walked. "Well, I guess we've caught up. Bye."

She gently touched his arm. "Very funny." After a split second, she inserted her arm through the loop in his, coming to rest in the crook.

John glanced down at their entwined arms. "My lady?"

Elizabeth laughed.

They walked a few more steps in silence until John whispered something, just beyond her hearing range.

"What was that?" she asked, looking up at him.

He shrugged. "Just talking to myself."

"Anything you'd care to share with the rest of the class?"

He stopped walking, turning to face her. As her arm was about to fall, he reached out and held her hand. "There's something I do wanna talk to you about. I'm just ... mulling it over as I go, so no judgment until the end."

"All right."

"I know that since we've gotten here, we've butted heads a few times. And I gotta say, arguing with you is ... fun. Enjoyable. Which might be part of the reason I do it so often."

She chuckled faintly.

"But, no matter what happens, whatever we face, if Earth ever finds us," he said seriously, reaching for her other hand, "I will always be loyal to you. You're the head of this Expedition, you're the one who gave me a second chance. I waited a long time for someone to believe in me again, and you did, for better or for worse." He bit his lip at the phrasing but continued. "I will do my best not to question your decisions."

"John, I want you to question it. We run Atlantis together! I need you. I need your input. Without you, people would think I'm a dictator."

He made his puppy face. "So I should stop telling people you're a dictator?"

She shook her head with a smile, wriggling one of her hands out of his to hold it. They stood, each holding the other's hand, making vows of loyalty.

For a flash, she saw what their present stance could look like to someone else, but she didn't care.

John, however, did. He gently pulled their hands apart, then looked steadily in her green eyes. "I will swear this. I will support you. I may not agree, and if I don't, you'll hear about it before you make a decision. But I will stand up with you. Always."

"Always?"

John shrugged. "Well, until Rodney accidentally blows us up or something."

She laughed, then gently touched his cheek. "Thank you, John. I appreciate that."

As they started walking again, John quickly asked, "So should I get on bended knee?"

Elizabeth gaped at him.

He tilted his head, hazel eyes twinkling mischievously. "So you can dub me a knight?"

End.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        So I was cleaning up my iPod and found this story. Don't know if I ever posted it or not, so here goes.

Spoilered for length:
                        Spoiler:

Author’s Notes: I wrote this from a prompt a long time ago on my iPod but never posted it. Takes place during Season One.

Disclaimer: I own – no, wait, still don’t own anything Stargate related.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Major John Sheppard looked around the mixed group of Athosians and Expedition members, noticing the absence of one particular member. He nodded at Teyla, who made her way over to him, holding a bottle of Athosian wine.

"Is everything all right?"

"Um, I'm gonna go for a little walk, that's all. Just make sure McKay doesn't do anything stupid, all right?"

Teyla glanced quickly at the bottle she was holding, then desperately laughed. "Then what shall I do with this?"

John pressed his lips together. "I'll take that off your hands for you," he offered with a sly smile.

She handed it over to him, along with two handmade cups.

When John quirked an eyebrow, she explained, "She's at the shore line."

John opened his mouth to retort, but clamped it shut, only replying with a nod of thanks and understanding as he left the group.

-=-=-=-=-

Elizabeth sat on a large rock, letting her bare feet hang over as she allowed the cooling waves to rush over her feet again and again. The sand on this beach was very fine, but it made for an excellent do-it-yourself pedicure.

She heard the sound of heavy footsteps behind her.

She smiled, shielding her eyes as she looked at the sun hovering midway in the sky. "I was wondering how long it would take for you to get away."

"Yeah, well, Rodney pretty much sealed the deal."

She laughed, then turned around and smiled at her companion. "And I see you made out with some of the goods."

"Teyla asked me to take it before McKay found it," he shrugged, offering her a cup and pulling the handmade stopper out of the bottle.

If Elizabeth remembered right, this particular wine tasted like red wine with a hint of raspberry -- its tartness at first made you not want anymore, but by the time you swallowed it, you got used to it, and wondered why you disliked it in the first place.

It reminded her of a certain major she knew.

John poured more in her glass, less in his, and he replaced the stopped firmly. Holding his cup, he looked at her. "So. What should we toast? No attacks, no coups, no sieges, so ..."

She looked around at all the nature around her, something she knew existed from Atlantis but couldn't see every day. As her panoramic view ended with her looking at John, she couldn't help but smile. "To two friends who need to catch up."

John smiled with her. "Cheers."

As they both emptied their cups and felt a slight warmness in their stomachs, Elizabeth suggested a walk. "Just in case someone comes looking for you. You probably wouldn't want to be found sitting barefoot on a rock, pouring out your tale of how you cheated on your 5th grade math test just to impress your teacher."

John smirked as he stood, extending a hand to Elizabeth. "It was 6th grade, English, and she was hot," he corrected sarcastically, pulling her up.

She met his eyes for a brief glance; she saw the teasing, jovial nature of his last statement, but she could sense that the extra emphasis he placed on his last word wasn't merely directed at his 6th grade English teacher.

They averted their eyes, then began walking. John still had his boots on and was gently crunching against the sand. Elizabeth had managed to leave her boots in the Puddle Jumper and slipped into a pair of sandals, rolling up her black pants as they sat on the rock.

"So. How are you, Doctor Weir?" John asked, glancing over at her.

"I'm fine, Major Sheppard. How are you?"

He blew out a breath. "I'm good." He chuckled as they walked. "Well, I guess we've caught up. Bye."

She gently touched his arm. "Very funny." After a split second, she inserted her arm through the loop in his, coming to rest in the crook.

John glanced down at their entwined arms. "My lady?"

Elizabeth laughed.

They walked a few more steps in silence until John whispered something, just beyond her hearing range.

"What was that?" she asked, looking up at him.

He shrugged. "Just talking to myself."

"Anything you'd care to share with the rest of the class?"

He stopped walking, turning to face her. As her arm was about to fall, he reached out and held her hand. "There's something I do wanna talk to you about. I'm just ... mulling it over as I go, so no judgment until the end."

"All right."

"I know that since we've gotten here, we've butted heads a few times. And I gotta say, arguing with you is ... fun. Enjoyable. Which might be part of the reason I do it so often."

She chuckled faintly.

"But, no matter what happens, whatever we face, if Earth ever finds us," he said seriously, reaching for her other hand, "I will always be loyal to you. You're the head of this Expedition, you're the one who gave me a second chance. I waited a long time for someone to believe in me again, and you did, for better or for worse." He bit his lip at the phrasing but continued. "I will do my best not to question your decisions."

"John, I want you to question it. We run Atlantis together! I need you. I need your input. Without you, people would think I'm a dictator."

He made his puppy face. "So I should stop telling people you're a dictator?"

She shook her head with a smile, wriggling one of her hands out of his to hold it. They stood, each holding the other's hand, making vows of loyalty.

For a flash, she saw what their present stance could look like to someone else, but she didn't care.

John, however, did. He gently pulled their hands apart, then looked steadily in her green eyes. "I will swear this. I will support you. I may not agree, and if I don't, you'll hear about it before you make a decision. But I will stand up with you. Always."

"Always?"

John shrugged. "Well, until Rodney accidentally blows us up or something."

She laughed, then gently touched his cheek. "Thank you, John. I appreciate that."

As they started walking again, John quickly asked, "So should I get on bended knee?"

Elizabeth gaped at him.

He tilted his head, hazel eyes twinkling mischievously. "So you can dub me a knight?"

End.
                        Awesome story!! I loved "So I should stop telling people you're a dictator?"

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          That last one with Lilo could easily be a conversation in Elizabeth's office between John/Rodney or Rodney/Radek. LOL
                          Would they be able to pull it off with a Lilo-face too? Like all innocent...
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

John can pull an innocent/sorry face so easily

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                              John can pull an innocent/sorry face so easily

Deliberate repost!!

He also does confused/innocent very well.

Comment

But I'm so adorably confused....

Comment

Working...
                                X