X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GREAT job SW!!!
    sigpic

Comment

lol regarding SW's Story. that would definitely be taken out of context if someone did come in the midde.

Comment

Well, we've got people delurking all over the place! Awesome!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        And I guess my minor creative streak isn't quite over.

Spoiler:
        []http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/wallpapers/alonewall.jpg[/IMG]
        That's beautiful!! Poor woobie John.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        I would seriously consider going. I've never been to a con and even though we don't get Sparky together on stage, I would still love to meet them. We need to talk.

Looking at the line up, it's mostly SGA. Do you suppose the SG-1 people are tired of doing these events?
        Yes, we most certainly need to talk!! I'll send you a PM.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I like this idea as well, but this weekend is probably a little early to start; perhaps next week? We need to get a better idea of how many people and what times they might be available for the actual rewatch before we set a regular timeslot for the rewatch. So everyone, can you be available for an hour or so each week? What time? (don't forget to note your local time zone, since we have people from all over the world participating in this thread) What day? (are we going to stick to the weekend for the rewatch?) And how do you want to handle multi-part episodes, such as The Storm/The Eye, The Siege trilogy, etc.? Watch them together, or stick to one episode a week (might be easier for those with not as much time)? Rising is lumped together as a single extended episode on the DVDs, so it can't be split up.
        I'm East Coast US, GMT -5. I don't really have a time each week where I am not available except work times, which is too early for SK anyway. So I'll show up whenever it is. I think we should take each episode separately except for Rising, because like you said it isn't separated on the DVD.

I won't go unless they're on the same day. I would love to meet the others who weren't at the first con I attended, but not so much that I'll do it all over again. Only Sparky will get me up there again.

I would imagine that they all must be tired, but the pay is good. LOL
        Yeah, I wouldn't mind making that kind of money for one day!!

I'm right there with you. I definitely wouldn't mind getting to meet those I haven't yet seen, but Joe and Torri are my focus. Since I've already met both individually, there's got to be a new experience with them to get me to go, especially since this is a non-local con and I'll have to make travel arrangements. A joint appearance is the only thing that would do it.
        Well, blah!! I hope they change their minds.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        It's heeeeeeeere!!!

[=youtube;17hYHM1NkMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17hYHM1NkMQ[/video]

All right, now I'm off!
        That's AWESOME!!! Good job!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        If today is the family day of our ship, I humbly offer a silly thing I have written some time ago: A lot of history. That was a fun thing to do.
        Anuna!!! *GLOMPS* Yes, I do remember that fic. I then bought "Love and Happiness" for my iPod.

Btw guys - do you remember this video?

[=youtube;0pNdt_ekHCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pNdt_ekHCE&feature=player_embedded[/video]
        Yes, that was a great video and awesome song choice for the 2 of them.

I like the idea of posting our old fluffy Sparky fics. I loved Anuna's contribution and I'll add one of mine: When A Boy Falls In Love.

How could I have missed all those comma errors? Oh well, just ignore them.
        That's such a cute one! I didn't notice the comma errors. I only saw "medal worker" when you meant "metal".

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        lol regarding SW's Story. that would definitely be taken out of context if someone did come in the midde.
        Well hello there! Nice to hear from you!

Comment

AAAAAHHH I inspired someone to buy "Love and Happiness"!!! (get the entire album, it's just as great as that song).

Haha, I loved the story, ShipperWriter! Kavanaugh is too easy to have his chain yanked by pretty much everyone. Imagine the people back at the SGC reading his ridiculous accusations and laughing about it. Jack would certainly have a field day snarking about Kavanaugh.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Well hello there! Nice to hear from you!
            yeah sorry about that. RL has just been crazy for me. college especially.

Comment

AAAAAHHH I inspired someone to buy "Love and Happiness"!!! (get the entire album, it's just as great as that song).

Haha, I loved the story, ShipperWriter! Kavanaugh is too easy to have his chain yanked by pretty much everyone. Imagine the people back at the SGC reading his ridiculous accusations and laughing about it. Jack would certainly have a field day snarking about Kavanaugh.
              Kavanugh was such a tool. and yet he was the kind of character that kept popping up from time to time and you were like "where the heck did he come from?"

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                *glomps 'Nuna*

Missed you, girl!

Will read both in a moment!

Okay, here's my submission ... it's from a prompt list a few months back.

You Want Me to Do What?!
                Spoiler:
                From the corner seat where he preferred to lurk in the commissary in the city of Atlantis, Peter Kavanagh eyed a female scientist that had recently entered. He wasn’t interested in her at all – no, he was intent on finding out why she was so commonly seen in the company of a young Marine who had arrived in Atlantis within the past month. They took to each other rather quickly, which raised a mental eyebrow for Kavanagh.

He prided himself on observing the irregularities here in the City, and reporting them back to Homeworld Security. He didn’t know how many of his e-mails and recordings had actually made it to the desk of one General Jack O’Neill, but in any case, no one could fault him for any wrong doing.

Suddenly feeling a chill, he reached for the jacket lying over the chair next to him when he noticed two new arrivals in the area.

Colonel Sheppard and Doctor Weir entered together, the latter looking like she had been pleasantly forced to come.

Kavanagh temporary halted his investigation of the scientist and Marine who were now leaving the dining room, turning his attention to the Expedition’s leaders.

He couldn’t repress a look of contempt, and frankly, he didn’t want to. As by the book as she seemed to be on Earth, once they were here, away from any prying eyes, she made decisions as she saw fit. Never did it seem that she took the long term effects into consideration before she gave her decisive nod of consent.

Especially when it came to the promotion of John Sheppard to military commander.

He never had solid proof, but he knew there was more to their relationship than met the eyes.

When he heard the conversation going on between them as they sat down three tables over in the nearly vacant cafeteria, he grinned, then pulled out his notebook and started writing as he listened.

“I want you to strip.”

Sheppard jerked the spoon away from his mouth, trying not to spit food all over his lunch companion.

“You want me to do what?!” he half-whispered, half-shouted.

Weir shrugged. “Strip. You know the City would appreciate it.”

He leaned back in his seat, mulling the thought over with an eyeroll. “Yeah. I guess I could. It’s been a while since I’ve done that, though.”

“Well, ask Ronan and Lorne to help you. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind.”

Kavanagh wanted to laugh. If only they knew how easily their voices carried in here.

The colonel shrugged. “I dunno. I’m not sure it’ll look too good when we’re done.”

Weir leaned back in her own seat, crossing her arms as she gave him a no-nonsense look. “Well, use a lot of oil or grease, or whatever it is you use.”

“Yes, ma’am,” he replied with a grin. “So what time should we do it?”

“After sundown would be best. Don’t want you to get too red now.”

If Kavanagh had stayed any longer, his diaphragm was going to implode from holding in the victorious laughter.

He made his way to his quarters, typing up his report.

-=-=-=-=-=-

John took Elizabeth’s tray up to the trash for her, glancing around at the emptiness of the dining hall. Kavanagh had run out a moment earlier, a triumphant smirk on his face.

Just thinking about it made him laugh aloud.

“What is it?” Elizabeth asked, tilting her head to the side as she put the Evian bottle to her lips.

John smiled widely. “Oh, nothing.”

“John…”

He shook his head. “You realize Kavanagh was listening in on our conversation?”

She slowly nodded. “Yes? And?”

“If someone heard the middle of the conversation, what would they think?”

Elizabeth’s eyes widened. “Oh,” she gasped.

He started laughing as he brushed his hand over the control crystal to leave. “He has no idea I’m stripping the floors in the ‘Gate room tonight.”

The end. For now.
                Tweaking Kavanaugh must be a sport by now. We need more fics along this line.

And I was inspired to make a vid. Now the circle is complete.

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It's an awesome vid, SR. I love it.

I have a question, guys. have you watched "The Finder" already? For those who don't know, it's a series about a guy, former soldier (I forgot how high he was ranking - he was an officer, right SR?) who, when asked to find something, will find it or die trying. He also uncovers all sorts of unpleasent truths around whatever he's investigating.

I am amusing myself imagining a crossover with SGA and The Finder. Walter would enjoy yanking John's chain.
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Hola, everyone!

I can imagine Jack laughing so hard over the Letters From Pegasus video.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    Kavanugh was such a tool. and yet he was the kind of character that kept popping up from time to time and you were like "where the heck did he come from?"
                    Yes. I was annoyed when he popped up in Midway and he didn't make any reference to Elizabeth.

Tweaking Kavanaugh must be a sport by now. We need more fics along this line.

And I was inspired to make a vid. Now the circle is complete.

Spoiler:
                    That's a great video. It was another one of your videos that got me to purchase my first, and still favorite, Emmylou Harris song - "I Will Dream".

Comment

It's an awesome vid, SR. I love it.

I have a question, guys. have you watched "The Finder" already? For those who don't know, it's a series about a guy, former soldier (I forgot how high he was ranking - he was an officer, right SR?) who, when asked to find something, will find it or die trying. He also uncovers all sorts of unpleasent truths around whatever he's investigating.

I am amusing myself imagining a crossover with SGA and The Finder. Walter would enjoy yanking John's chain.
                      First of all, thanks to everyone for the love on the vid and the fic. Emmylou Harris songs just all sound Sparky to me.

I love The Finder too. I'm not sure of his rank, but he had a bad incident similar to John's and is haunted by it. I haven't found a ship on there yet, but I've only watched it twice. And Michael Clarke Duncan makes any show he's in special.

I know I mentioned Hell on Wheels to Anuna, but does anyone else watch that one? It's not for everyone because it's very historically accurate and extremely politically incorrect, which means extreme violence, bad language, racism and mud, lots of mud. The lead character is also a John Sheppard type as he's very broken and won't talk about it. Colm Meany is the head bad guy until Chris Heyerdahl shows up. Great acting and a ship to die for with Lily and Mr. Bohannan. Check out this promo and tell me he doesn't remind you of Sheppard.

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes. I was annoyed when he popped up in Midway and he didn't make any reference to Elizabeth.
                        yes well i'm sure after the events of critical mass, she and John was probably not on Kavanaugh's Christmas card list and plus he was a real debbie downer.
                        Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 22 January 2012, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Thanks for reposting that fic, SW! I needed a good laugh, and Kavanaugh being a jerk (and totally getting it wrong) never fails to disappoint!

No kidding. You'd think he'd be drooling at any chance to badmouth Elizabeth, and I can totally see him saying that he knew all along she was going to come to a bad end in reference to the Replicator mess. At which point John would probably shove Kav out an airlock. Or leave him for Wraith food. I'm sure Todd wouldn't mind a snack.

First of all, thanks to everyone for the love on the vid and the fic. Emmylou Harris songs just all sound Sparky to me.

I love The Finder too. I'm not sure of his rank, but he had a bad incident similar to John's and is haunted by it. I haven't found a ship on there yet, but I've only watched it twice. And Michael Clarke Duncan makes any show he's in special.

I know I mentioned Hell on Wheels to Anuna, but does anyone else watch that one? It's not for everyone because it's very historically accurate and extremely politically incorrect, which means extreme violence, bad language, racism and mud, lots of mud. The lead character is also a John Sheppard type as he's very broken and won't talk about it. Colm Meany is the head bad guy until Chris Heyerdahl shows up. Great acting and a ship to die for with Lily and Mr. Bohannan. Check out this promo and tell me he doesn't remind you of Sheppard.

Spoiler:
                          First off, your new vid rocks! That was so wonderfully sweet!

Hmm, looks like I'm going to have to check out The Finder.

Yes, I watch Hell on Wheels! I totally see the Bohannan = Sheppard parallel, and I am absolutely SMITTEN by the prospect of Bohannan/Lily. Oh my, yes. *fans self* Bring on that mud, baby!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Thanks for reposting that fic, SW! I needed a good laugh, and Kavanaugh being a jerk (and totally getting it wrong) never fails to disappoint!

No kidding. You'd think he'd be drooling at any chance to badmouth Elizabeth, and I can totally see him saying that he knew all along she was going to come to a bad end in reference to the Replicator mess. At which point John would probably shove Kav out an airlock. Or leave him for Wraith food. I'm sure Todd wouldn't mind a snack.

First off, your new vid rocks! That was so wonderfully sweet!

Hmm, looks like I'm going to have to check out The Finder.

Yes, I watch Hell on Wheels! I totally see the Bohannan = Sheppard parallel, and I am absolutely SMITTEN by the prospect of Bohannan/Lily. Oh my, yes. *fans self* Bring on that mud, baby!
                            The vid wasn't new, but still appropriate. LOL

Yay, another HOW lover. I must say that show had to grow on me, but I'm glad we stuck with it. It's partly the authentic Southern accent that makes me love Bohannan so much. And Chris H as the Swede Norwegian is just the best. That man can play anything. Now all the show needs is for JF to show up as either a gambler or a gunslinger who has to go up against Bohannan. But first there's a hell of a fist fight in the street with them rolling around in the mud. *be still my heart* Ooh, and he's an old lover of Lily's that she never quite got over. OMG, sparks! Or Torri rides into town as some high-toned lady that seems to catch Mr. B's eye. Either/either.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yay, another HOW lover. I must say that show had to grow on me, but I'm glad we stuck with it. It's partly the authentic Southern accent that makes me love Bohannan so much. And Chris H as the Swede Norwegian is just the best. That man can play anything. Now all the show needs is for JF to show up as either a gambler or a gunslinger who has to go up against Bohannan. But first there's a hell of a fist fight in the street with them rolling around in the mud. *be still my heart* Ooh, and he's an old lover of Lily's that she never quite got over. OMG, sparks! Or Torri rides into town as some high-toned lady that seems to catch Mr. B's eye. Either/either.
                              I've never seen the show, but that sounds awesome!

Comment

*flails* OMFG!

I'd say that Bohannan would have to win the gunfight since he's the "hero" and all, but in some respects he's more of an anti-hero and they did already let Elom beat him when the Irish brothers threw the boxing match, so maybe a JF gunslinger/gambler would win. And so our dear Cullen gets shot in the shoulder or something and Lily gets all angsty and worried. Love it.

And maybe Torri's character could be a cousin of Lily's from England, or something. Just to add a little more spice.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X