Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    Doing well! I come by and lurk a few times a week. Post when the sparky spirit moves me. Hope all is well with you!
    Doing pretty well. Getting over some allergies that have taken my head out for a spin, and learning how to rip/compress video. All in all, busy.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    True, dat. He does look rather scrumptious in the black BDUs.
    Hmm hmm.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    First off - breaking news!! Torri is also going to be at the Creation con in Chicago in August. Like Rachel, she's appearing on Saturday. Joe will be there on Sunday. So no SparkyCon, but they'll both be there. Anyone here going? I'm really thinking about it, but I'd never go by myself.
    That'd be awesome, but I can barely afford to pay my bills. I'm afraid Fandom trips aren't a possibiliy for me anytime soon.

ALL math geeks are sexy.
    Including McKay? *snicker*

Oh, and I forgot a RL OT rant!

So three minutes before the bell rings at the school I work at, some idiotic moron set off a deliberate fire in one of the bathrooms. They got it out quickly, but there was so much smoke they had to call in the fire department. Plus, the fire alarm didn't go off, despite the fact that we all now have smoker's cough. Okay, slight exaggeration ... Add that to the fact that I'm on a diet where I'm not supposed to have coffee ... I may just die.

And on that note, night!

Comment

First off - breaking news!! Torri is also going to be at the Creation con in Chicago in August. Like Rachel, she's appearing on Saturday. Joe will be there on Sunday. So no SparkyCon, but they'll both be there. Anyone here going? I'm really thinking about it, but I'd never go by myself.
      What? No Joe and Torri show? NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Fail, Creation. I see no reason to go if I can't get a triple photo op with Joe, Torri and The Sparky Mint Jar. EPIC FAIL.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Love the motivational posters!!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        Including McKay? *snicker*
        Hey!!! leave my Rodney alone
        sigpic
        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
          Ahhhh....good ol' motivator posters - love them.....hmmmm lemme check my photobucket account and dust a few off.....sorry for the repeat for the "seasoned" sparkies who saw these when they were first created....LOL
          *snippage*
          It's always good to see those. I love the last one.

Fail, Creation. I see no reason to go if I can't get a triple photo op with Joe, Torri and The Sparky Mint Jar. EPIC FAIL.
          I second that. How out of touch are these Creation people? After the success of SparkyCon, you'd think they'd want to repeat it. Instead, we get the 99th rerun of the McShep show with the same questions and the same stories. Not worth the trouble to me.

Now I see. David's not scheduled yet. All the more reason to schedule Torri on Sunday.
          Last edited by Southern Red; 19 January 2012, 04:18 AM. Reason: new information
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I second that. How out of touch are these Creation people? After the success of SparkyCon, you'd think they'd want to repeat it. Instead, we get the 99th rerun of the McShep show with the same questions and the same stories. Not worth the trouble to me.

Now I see. David's not scheduled yet. All the more reason to schedule Torri on Sunday.
            Yeah, Saturday's schedule is pretty top-heavy. And they can't say they're doing a "Ladies of Stargate" theme for Saturday since they've also got Ryan Robbins and Steve Bacic on the schedule for that day, so what are they waiting for? Grr.

Oh well, I suppose we could hope that Creation will tinker with the schedule and move Torri to Sunday.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well this sucks. I was hoping you and Southern Red (at least) would go so I would have some con friends. I don't have problems traveling by myself, but attending a con by myself would feel weird.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
              Love the motivational posters!!

Hey!!! leave my Rodney alone

Rodney is a physics geek, not a math geek. Physics geeks have different qualities. Hmm.... now I'm thinking of a poster with Rodney. Gotta think up a really good quote. Don't look at me like that, Rodney, it's going to be nice! I like you!! You're one of my three Musketeers of Atlantis! Look, my very first sig I created had you three:

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yeah, Saturday's schedule is pretty top-heavy. And they can't say they're doing a "Ladies of Stargate" theme for Saturday since they've also got Ryan Robbins and Steve Bacic on the schedule for that day, so what are they waiting for? Grr.

Oh well, I suppose we could hope that Creation will tinker with the schedule and move Torri to Sunday.
              Yes pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase Creation!!!!!!!!

Comment

Has anyone been keeping tabs on Apple's media event in New York this morning? They've just announced a new version of iBooks and a new Mac app for authoring ePub books. I wonder if fanfic authors might take advantage of these tools in the near future; certainly not putting fic up on the iBookstore, but perhaps making the files and then putting fic on their own websites for direct download and import into iBooks. We could do that with Atlantis Rising. Hmmm...

Comment

Well this sucks. I was hoping you and Southern Red (at least) would go so I would have some con friends. I don't have problems traveling by myself, but attending a con by myself would feel weird.

I know! It's funny, it's one thing for me to drive a little bit to go to the LAX con or Comic-Con by myself, but making a much bigger trip to Chicago or Vancouver is quite another. I want con buddies!

But yeah, it's still early enough that we can hope for a scheduling change. Pleaseohpleaseohplease.

Rodney is a physics geek, not a math geek. Physics geeks have different qualities. Hmm.... now I'm thinking of a poster with Rodney. Gotta think up a really good quote. Don't look at me like that, Rodney, it's going to be nice! I like you!! You're one of my three Musketeers of Atlantis! Look, my very first sig I created had you three:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...ends-sig-1.gif
                  Awww! That's an awesome sig! Long live the Three Musketeers of Atlantis!

Comment

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...ends-sig-1.gif

Yes pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase Creation!!!!!!!!
                    The only way I'd go by myself is if I had friends there waiting for me. We could also get seats together. Mr. SR is also a maybe. I know he'd love to meet Torri and Paul. And he could hold our stuff while we squee.

Has anyone been keeping tabs on Apple's media event in New York this morning? They've just announced a new version of iBooks and a new Mac app for authoring ePub books. I wonder if fanfic authors might take advantage of these tools in the near future; certainly not putting fic up on the iBookstore, but perhaps making the files and then putting fic on their own websites for direct download and import into iBooks. We could do that with Atlantis Rising. Hmmm...
                    Oooh, thanks for that news. I have a friend who wants to epub his books. And yes, might also work for SGARising. Depending on SOPA of course.
                    sigpic

Comment

The only way I'd go by myself is if I had friends there waiting for me. We could also get seats together. Mr. SR is also a maybe. I know he'd love to meet Torri and Paul. And he could hold our stuff while we squee.
                      Ahhh, that would be grand!

Oooh, thanks for that news. I have a friend who wants to epub his books. And yes, might also work for SGARising. Depending on SOPA of course.
                      iBooks Author is now available for download at the Mac App Store for anyone running Lion. Yes, I've already got it. Yum.

Curse SOPA & PIPA.

Comment

Ahhh, that would be grand!

iBooks Author is now available for download at the Mac App Store for anyone running Lion. Yes, I've already got it. Yum.

Curse SOPA & PIPA.
                        Done. \0/
                        sigpic

Comment

Got off work early today, and thank golly goodness for it!

After yesterday's incident, the fire alarm went off, for realz, this morning at 8:15am.

*pulls hair out*

But I'm here now for the next few hours while I edit some video in the background and get some fics ready to post.

*lurk mode*

Comment

*comes running passed, chased by vidbunnies & ficbunnies*

ARGH!!!!!!

^^ for lack of killer bunnies
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Done. \0/
                              Also got updates to iBooks and iTunes. Win! I'm gonna be a busy little kitty trying all this stuff out this weekend.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              Got off work early today, and thank golly goodness for it!

After yesterday's incident, the fire alarm went off, for realz, this morning at 8:15am.

*pulls hair out*

But I'm here now for the next few hours while I edit some video in the background and get some fics ready to post.

*lurk mode*
                              Gah! I hate fire alarms. What a PITA. *hugs*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              *comes running passed, chased by vidbunnies & ficbunnies*

ARGH!!!!!!

^^ for lack of killer bunnies
                              Someone seriously ought to do an animated gif of Rodney being chased by a whale. *beats back picbunnies with a stick*

Comment

Someone seriously ought to do an animated gif of Rodney being chased by a whale. *beats back picbunnies with a stick*
                                ROFLing!!! Is zuz still making smilies? We could always ask!

EDIT: After exhaustive research, I have found that zuz is not.
                                Last edited by ShipperWriter; 19 January 2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X