Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    That one applies... My 3D exam is coming up and my model is giving me a wee bit of a headache... Never knew K9 (metal dog from Doctor Who/The Sarah Jane Adventures) could be so much trouble.
    You're making a 3D model of K9? You're definitely cool. You'll get through it. Eventually.

And I have another one, from Jack O'Neill in SG-1's "Window of Opportunity":
    : If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try again.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    The Black T-shirt of Yum is proof that the gods love us and want us to be happy.
    Amen!

Ugh, I had my own war with allergies last week, so I know how you feel. I'm doing better now, and I'm glad you are too. Sleep is a happy thing. Hot rum toddies with double shots of rum are even better.
    Ooh, that does sound good ... But I'm more inclined to eating some mac and cheese at the moment.

I was totally going to suggest that first one, but you beat me to it. It's still true, though. *hugs FH*
    Eeh, great minds think alike.

I finally figured out the easiest way for me to rip a DVD. It's a program called DVD Shrink, and it takes the whole episode and rips/shrinks it down into a MP4 file that I can manipulate and play with on Windows Movie Maker. As soon as I get this season ripped, I'm begging my friend for the other seasons so I can finally make a variety of SGA vids as I please!!!

Now to go cook dinner ... *drools*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      You're making a 3D model of K9? You're definitely cool. You'll get through it. Eventually.
      I'll post a picture of it once I'm through - although no textures yet. That's for the next course.

And I have another one, from Jack O'Neill in SG-1's "Window of Opportunity":
      : If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try again.
      Yeah... that's the one! Leave it to Jack to know the best one.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'll post a picture of it once I'm through - although no textures yet. That's for the next course.
        Cool! Look forward to it!

Yeah... that's the one! Leave it to Jack to know the best one.
        Yep. Jack is the man, after all.

UPDATE: So I successfully ripped the episodes. Editting them, however, is a different story. When I trim the videos, the image will lag for a few seconds, sometimes completely covering the part I wanted to snip.

*throws temper tantrum*

Comment

Just got my hair cut. Wee bit too short. Oopsie!

: "Don't worry about it, JT. Your hair will never be as awesome as mine anyway."

Me: "Well jeez, Elizabeth, I thought you were a nice person."

Pretty bad when I'm having conversations with fictional characters.

By the way, JT, forgot to tell you how much I love the motivational posters too. Especially the "Subtlety" or lack thereof.
          Thanks! That's my fave too. John likes his boss's boobies. Is that PG enough for me to say? That picture from Duet always makes me think of hihoplastic's Breast Cancer Support Picspam.

That one applies... My 3D exam is coming up and my model is giving me a wee bit of a headache... Never knew K9 (metal dog from Doctor Who/The Sarah Jane Adventures) could be so much trouble.
          Ouch! Good luck to you!! Just think to yourself - what would Kate say?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          The Black T-shirt of Yum is proof that the gods love us and want us to be happy.
          And the disappearance of it at the end of season 3 was a sign that the gods were about to make us unhappy. *nods*

Ugh, I had my own war with allergies last week, so I know how you feel. I'm doing better now, and I'm glad you are too. Sleep is a happy thing. Hot rum toddies with double shots of rum are even better.
          I like you. Last Friday I wore my "Bermuda Rum Bum" t-shirt out and when someone asked what kind of drink I wanted, I just had to point to my shirt.

Allergies SUCK! *hugs SK and ShipperWriter*

UPDATE: So I successfully ripped the episodes. Editting them, however, is a different story. When I trim the videos, the image will lag for a few seconds, sometimes completely covering the part I wanted to snip.

*throws temper tantrum*
          You got further than I did. I lost interest fairly quickly. Damned fickle concentration level.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Ouch! Good luck to you!! Just think to yourself - what would Kate say?
            Good point.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

More motivators:

Comment

Reminds me of when I was in 6th grade. My mom was out of town so I was staying at a friend's house, and the morning of school pictures, I decided to trim my hair. BAD IDEA all around. I cut it so short, I had two spots where I was almost bald. Just to add insult to injury, the photographers had us pose sitting down, and they had me pose like a boy!

Suffice it to say, I didn't touch my hair for a loooooooong time after that.

/rant

Thanks! That's my fave too. John likes his boss's boobies. Is that PG enough for me to say? That picture from Duet always makes me think of hihoplastic's Breast Cancer Support Picspam.
                Clicked. Read. Laughed. Diez.

And the disappearance of it at the end of season 3 was a sign that the gods were about to make us unhappy. *nods*
                Hmm ... good point. Never thought about that before. However, John finally traded the Expedition uniforms for the black fatigues, so it wasn't a complete loss.

Allergies SUCK! *hugs SK and ShipperWriter*
                Thanks! *hugs back*

You got further than I did. I lost interest fairly quickly. Damned fickle concentration level.
                I tend to concentrate on a variety of things at the same time. I'm trying to burn them another way, but so far the major success of my evening has been posting an update for a S/J story that was already written and being here.

*headkeyboard*

Comment

Oh, and I forgot:

EPIC MOTIVATORS!!!

Yep, = sexy math geek.

Comment

Cool! Look forward to it!

Yep. Jack is the man, after all.

*throws temper tantrum*
                    Welcome to the wonderful world of video editing. Try trimming the clips a wee bit shorter than you actually want them to be.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ahhhh....good ol' motivator posters - love them.....hmmmm lemme check my photobucket account and dust a few off.....sorry for the repeat for the "seasoned" sparkies who saw these when they were first created....LOL

sigpic
                      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                        Ahhhh....good ol' motivator posters - love them.....hmmmm lemme check my photobucket account and dust a few off.....sorry for the repeat for the "seasoned" sparkies who saw these when they were first created....LOL

*snipped*
                        HEY!!! Nice to see you 'round these parts? How ya doin?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Welcome to the wonderful world of video editing. Try trimming the clips a wee bit shorter than you actually want them to be.
                          I think I've got it!

I'll play with it some more tomorrow. Meesa tired, and need sleep. Getting over whatever this head stuffed up thing is, plus an obnoxious student to interpret for tomorrow, is almost too much.

Night everybody!!!

Comment

HEY!!! Nice to see you 'round these parts? How ya doin?
                            Doing well! I come by and lurk a few times a week. Post when the sparky spirit moves me. Hope all is well with you!
                            sigpic
                            Signature by Erin87

Comment

: "Don't worry about it, JT. Your hair will never be as awesome as mine anyway."

Me: "Well jeez, Elizabeth, I thought you were a nice person."

Pretty bad when I'm having conversations with fictional characters.
                              *snickers*

Hee! That is such a classic!

Yup. Curse them.

Hmm ... good point. Never thought about that before. However, John finally traded the Expedition uniforms for the black fatigues, so it wasn't a complete loss.
                              True, dat. He does look rather scrumptious in the black BDUs.

Deliberate reposts ahead:

THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY POT! *grins and pets the REAL pot*

Amen to that. We're working on it.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

First off - breaking news!! Torri is also going to be at the Creation con in Chicago in August. Like Rachel, she's appearing on Saturday. Joe will be there on Sunday. So no SparkyCon, but they'll both be there. Anyone here going? I'm really thinking about it, but I'd never go by myself.

Reminds me of when I was in 6th grade. My mom was out of town so I was staying at a friend's house, and the morning of school pictures, I decided to trim my hair. BAD IDEA all around. I cut it so short, I had two spots where I was almost bald. Just to add insult to injury, the photographers had us pose sitting down, and they had me pose like a boy!

Suffice it to say, I didn't touch my hair for a loooooooong time after that.

/rant
                                Ouch!

Oh, and I forgot:

EPIC MOTIVATORS!!!

Yep, = sexy math geek.
                                ALL math geeks are sexy.

[]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn119/SMB_BOOKS/AppreciationMotivator.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn119/SMB_BOOKS/TLGMotivator.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn119/SMB_BOOKS/CaptivatingMotivator.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn119/SMB_BOOKS/motivatorS3CastChem.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn119/SMB_BOOKS/motivatorLizSeason1lead1-1.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn119/SMB_BOOKS/motivator-Hope1.jpg[/IMG]
                                Sweet!! Thanks for posting these. I really love the chemistry one. Yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X