Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    What I love so much about that personal space violation was that he knew she was translating Ancient, and he can't read Ancient, so there was no reason for him to lean over her like that except him wanting to be near her. And then of course he says "Don't you hate it when people interrupt right when things are getting good." That's just so flirty and suggestive, because what else could they have been doing "good" that someone interrupted? I doubt it was going over mission reports.
    The telling part of that sentence is "things are getting good", not that you're getting to the good part as she said. He redirects her thoughts from something written to something that's happening. Or has happened. And she gets it because she glanced over at him for a few seconds as if to say "Don't distract me right now. This is important."

Now think about this scene. Your boss is reading something very important. You come into their office. How do you act? Then think about what John did. Wildly inappropriate for a number of reasons. The familiarity that is portrayed in that scene could not have gone unnoticed by the actors, the writer, the director or anybody else who ever saw it. And people accuse her of having a crush on him. Looks like the other way around in this scene.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      The telling part of that sentence is "things are getting good", not that you're getting to the good part as she said. He redirects her thoughts from something written to something that's happening. Or has happened. And she gets it because she glanced over at him for a few seconds as if to say "Don't distract me right now. This is important."

Now think about this scene. Your boss is reading something very important. You come into their office. How do you act? Then think about what John did. Wildly inappropriate for a number of reasons. The familiarity that is portrayed in that scene could not have gone unnoticed by the actors, the writer, the director or anybody else who ever saw it. And people accuse her of having a crush on him. Looks like the other way around in this scene.
      Absolutely. John definitely had a crush on his Lizzeh, and Joe deliberately played it that way. And loved every second of it, from the looks of things.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I know it's Screw the Angst Wednesday, but I did this wallpaper yesterday and wanted to share. Just call it Woobie Wednesday. Spoilers for size.

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

I'll definitely take a Woobie Wednesday if we get more lovely work like that! Oh, poor John!

His angst is such a beautiful thing to behold.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            I'll definitely take a Woobie Wednesday if we get more lovely work like that! Oh, poor John!

His angst is such a beautiful thing to behold.
            Thanks. I experimented a bit with making a texture and it seems to have worked fairly well. That's the end of my creativity though.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, she totally got it because she paused then gave him a look, like "John, this is not the time for this!"

I would never in a million years act that way around my boss, and he's a very nice guy who I am friendly with. But that's not friendly. That is Flirty with a capital F.

Yeah, it was always him invading her space, and not the other way around - except for the hug. I remember in college there was this guy who was always leaning over my shoulder at the computer and invading my space. Me being my clueless self, I had no idea what was going on until my friends told me he was flirting with me. See folks, that's called flirting. And Elizabeth didn't have a problem with it (unlike me, who was always saying "get away from me!" ).

Absolutely. John definitely had a crush on his Lizzeh, and Joe deliberately played it that way. And loved every second of it, from the looks of things.
              I don't know if it was deliberate, but it certainly showed on screen. Too bad Joe didn't see the finished show so he didn't see how lovely they came across.

I know it's Screw the Angst Wednesday, but I did this wallpaper yesterday and wanted to share. Just call it Woobie Wednesday. Spoilers for size.

Spoiler:
              SAD!!!!

But very beautifully done.

Comment

Woobie Wednesday.... I like that!!

A little contribution from me

sigpic
                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Thanks. I experimented a bit with making a texture and it seems to have worked fairly well. That's the end of my creativity though.
                  But it's so very inspirational!

I would never in a million years act that way around my boss, and he's a very nice guy who I am friendly with. But that's not friendly. That is Flirty with a capital F.
                  Better still, FLIRTY in ALL CAPS.

Yeah, it was always him invading her space, and not the other way around - except for the hug. I remember in college there was this guy who was always leaning over my shoulder at the computer and invading my space. Me being my clueless self, I had no idea what was going on until my friends told me he was flirting with me. See folks, that's called flirting. And Elizabeth didn't have a problem with it (unlike me, who was always saying "get away from me!" ).
                  LOL! That poor guy.

Back to Sparky, yep, Lizzeh so liked it. Why else would John keep doing it?

I don't know if it was deliberate, but it certainly showed on screen. Too bad Joe didn't see the finished show so he didn't see how lovely they came across.
                  No kidding. Darnit, Joe!

SAD!!!!

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...th_Woobie1.jpg
                  More woobie! So sad, but so beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post

That's beautiful. Nicely done! Poor Woobie John. But Joe does the angst so very well.

Comment

Deliberate repost of yummy photo:

That's beautiful. Nicely done! Poor Woobie John. But Joe does the angst so very well.

Yes, he does. John looks so darn delicious in woobie!mode that I'm getting hungry just looking at him.

Or maybe it's just because it's lunch time.

Comment

Or he could be saying, "Why doesn't she shut up already? This uniform is killing me."
                        OMG, we could practically make up a game for all the complaints he has about the uniform.

"This tie is too tight." "What is with the baby blue shirt?" "Are my buttons too shiny?"

Ya know, it's funny, I was watching the commentary for "Sunday" and the producer and director made a note that JoeF hates wearing the dress uniform. I agree with JT -- it's because we all can't see his Black T-shirt Of Yummi-ness.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Looks like a slow morning in the thread today. Where is everyone, shoveling out of the snow?
                        Went back to work today, albeit a professional workday. I'm technically an "aide" so I don't really have anything to do. Combined with the allergies that were killing me yesterday, I went home sick and slept for five hours.

Feeling better today, though.

Very true. If I went and even stood over my supervisor's or principal's shoulder like that ... well, tell you the truth, I can't even imagine doing that.

If my boss looked like John Sheppard, different story.

Deliberate repost of yummy photo:

Yes, he does. John looks so darn delicious in woobie!mode that I'm getting hungry just looking at him.

Or maybe it's just because it's lunch time.
                        Yeah, I'm starting to get hungry too. Maybe we need to rename Wednesday. Hungry Woobie Wednesday. LOL
                        Last edited by ShipperWriter; 18 January 2012, 11:52 AM. Reason: 23 and still can't spell. *headslap*

Comment

Anyone good at motivational speeches?

I could use one right about now... *HEAD!DESK*
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Anyone good at motivational speeches?

I could use one right about now... *HEAD!DESK*
                            "Never give up. Never surrender."

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

... Oh, you said motivational speeches, not cliches. Sorry.

By the way, JT, forgot to tell you how much I love the motivational posters too. Especially the "Subtlety" or lack thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              That one applies... My 3D exam is coming up and my model is giving me a wee bit of a headache... Never knew K9 (metal dog from Doctor Who/The Sarah Jane Adventures) could be so much trouble.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ya know, it's funny, I was watching the commentary for "Sunday" and the producer and director made a note that JoeF hates wearing the dress uniform. I agree with JT -- it's because we all can't see his Black T-shirt Of Yummi-ness.
                                The Black T-shirt of Yum is proof that the gods love us and want us to be happy.

Went back to work today, albeit a professional workday. I'm technically an "aide" so I don't really have anything to do. Combined with the allergies that were killing me yesterday, I went home sick and slept for five hours.

Feeling better today, though.
                                Ugh, I had my own war with allergies last week, so I know how you feel. I'm doing better now, and I'm glad you are too. Sleep is a happy thing. Hot rum toddies with double shots of rum are even better.

Yeah, I'm starting to get hungry too. Maybe we need to rename Wednesday. Hungry Woobie Wednesday. LOL

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

... Oh, you said motivational speeches, not cliches. Sorry.

By the way, JT, forgot to tell you how much I love the motivational posters too. Especially the "Subtlety" or lack thereof.
                                I was totally going to suggest that first one, but you beat me to it. It's still true, though. *hugs FH*

Comment

Working...
                                X