Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I know. If I hadn't read those, it would never have crossed my mind to think Elizabeth was nasty in the fic. She was working through a few things. One of my favorite parts is :

“Thank you for the vote of confidence, Teyla.”

“You are welcome.” Teyla cocked her head, looked like she was going to offer something else, then excused herself instead. This was going to be a fun afternoon...

Teyla is enjoying the conflict between John and Elizabeth, and just like in HZ she sees how much alike they are.

Do you know this author from the whump thread? Does she know we are singing her praises?
    No, I don't know the author. I've liked her previous work, though, so I shouldn't have gotten wary.

I loved that line in Hot Zone when Teyla says "She is not the only one who suffers from that affliction." Tee-hee. Go Teyla!

Comment

Teyla with her knowing smiles... gotta love those. And her eyerolls, also infamous.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Couldn't resist using one of my new textures ........

sigpic
        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
          Couldn't resist using one of my new textures ........

[]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/th_MRSparkyc.png[/IMG]
          That's beautiful. I'm so impressed that you made your own textures.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            That's beautiful. I'm so impressed that you made your own textures.
            Thanks .... the textures are the easy bit, they take less time to make than deciding which art work to use them with!
            sigpic
            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Ok, I'm asking because I'm too lazy to go hunting through the posts ... AND I'm on my iPod which is a pain ... Which program do y'all use to get the video off the season DVDs to make videos? The one I have is a piece of crap and I'm getting desperate!

Any help/ideas???

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I wish it wasn't so easy... as a hyper flexible joint person this is very annoying. Even chewing gum for an hour is enough to lock them tight shut.
                I got chastised on the anti thread for commenting that relocating my shoulder was like an orgasm in my shoulder. I only meant it as a similie, perhaps I should have chosen my words better I can't imagine that have a dislocatable jaw is good for oneself long term - aren't the jaw muscles meant to be the strongest muscles in the body?

Hi everyone!

I have to rant for a minute. I'm reading a story that is listed as being "John & Elizabeth". It won't be romance (it's whump), but clearly it is labelled that it will feature Elizabeth heavily and won't include romance between John and another character. So why do certain fans of another John ship have to leave reviews where they're snarking at Elizabeth and saying how much they dislike her? Clearly there won't be John/Other romance in a fic labelled "John & Elizabeth". And why do you have to be mean to Elizabeth just because you want John to be paired with Other instead? I don't like the Keller character very much, and I certainly wouldn't go into a fic labelled "McKay & Keller" and complain that I don't like Keller and I was hoping for some romance between McKay and Katie.

And why do you have to be hateful towards Elizabeth just because you'd rather have John with Other?

It really annoys me, and frankly I'm not enjoying the story as much now either. Now I'm paranoid the author is going to start being a douche towards Elizabeth as well, so I'm reading with trepidation instead of excitement.
                I want to get in on this discussion but I haven't read the fics yet

Family Guy! So many little in-jokes to my state of Rhode Island in that show.
                Oh. I'm sorry

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                I meant Jack, more or less. Hee hee.

Nobody hurt me. I still love Sparky. It's better smut.
                I don't hate J/S, don't get me wrong. But when they didn't get them together and kept banging that drum, it grated me. It soured all their scenes together, especially when them both up with other people yet continued to have them pine over each other. People complain that SGU was too soapish, yet this is conveniently forgotten.

But let me reiterate: I don't have any real objection (I even shipped them early on) to S/J. I just object to the giant tease.

/rant

The fish in the lake didn't bug me a lot. I'm just trying to figure out what would've changed that now there would be fish in there. The end scene, whether it be "Threads" or "Moebius", is still one of my favorites in any show. A friend of mine and I were talking earlier, and we both agreed that "Moebius" would've been a great way to end SG-1 ... but that's another topic for another forum.
                I would have gone with Threads as a series ender because it really did tie everything up. But I do love Moebius - the 'off' characters were hilarious. Plus it's always good to see more Hammond.

Just wrong!!!
                *shrugs* Possibly. Let's let a jury of our peers deliberate on that

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Hello everyone!

I know I said that I will be more present here but life is too complicated these days. I started a new job (I love it) and I had a car accident (nothing bad, but my car is dead).
                Congrats! And I hope you have good insurance

Actually, I think it would be more on target to make a bad knee joke. Someone somewhere on the WWW said the reason why RDA seemed to gain weight during the last appearances on SGU was due to a recent major knee surgery.
                Didn't he have the knee thing a few years prior? I seem to recall them running down a sand dune with the director commenting that he was doing it at extreme risk. Maybe he'd just injured it back then.

*realizes what JT was actually talking about, then slaps her too*
                Yeah, that knee was stopping him going for a run *nods*

Hmm. Pity. *looks around* We could start a round robin where we all contribute a part and make our own.

If anybody needs ideas, here's the transcript from GW.

PUDDLE JUMPER. Team Sheppard is sitting inside.

SHEPPARD: So in an effort to show you Pegasus naive natives how advanced we Earthlings really are, I've decided to spend the past half hour explaining to you about the wonders of television. It's really exciting: people watch these shows, form emotional bonds with the characters, and ship people that have never even looked at each other. We should totally watch it more.

*glances at rant, then decides not to delete*

Ok. Gotta go!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Teyla with her knowing smiles... gotta love those. And her eyerolls, also infamous.
                She does do the eyeroll thing. I included it in a fic (WIP - 2015 completion) but wondered if it was in character
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  I don't hate J/S, don't get me wrong. But when they didn't get them together and kept banging that drum, it grated me. It soured all their scenes together, especially when them both up with other people yet continued to have them pine over each other. People complain that SGU was too soapish, yet this is conveniently forgotten.

But let me reiterate: I don't have any real objection (I even shipped them early on) to S/J. I just object to the giant tease.

/rant
                  I take the same position with S/J that I do with Sparky a lot of the time: they got together offscreen, but TPTW are jerks who deprive us. Ergo, we make it happen.

I would have gone with Threads as a series ender because it really did tie everything up. But I do love Moebius - the 'off' characters were hilarious. Plus it's always good to see more Hammond.
                  I can see the producers: which one should be the finale? ... Eeh, let's just show both. And yes, it was great to see Hammond again.

Didn't he have the knee thing a few years prior? I seem to recall them running down a sand dune with the director commenting that he was doing it at extreme risk. Maybe he'd just injured it back then.
                  Hmm, maybe. I hate to say it, but RDA isn't as young as he used to be. He truely surprised me with the underwater scenes in "The Return, Pt. 2". I tried holding my breath that long and turned blue.

*scratches head* Where in the heck is everybody today? Though I imagine alot of us have the day off today and are still sleeping in ...

Comment

I take the same position with S/J that I do with Sparky a lot of the time: they got together offscreen, but TPTW are jerks who deprive us. Ergo, we make it happen.

I can see the producers: which one should be the finale? ... Eeh, let's just show both. And yes, it was great to see Hammond again.

Hmm, maybe. I hate to say it, but RDA isn't as young as he used to be. He truely surprised me with the underwater scenes in "The Return, Pt. 2". I tried holding my breath that long and turned blue.

*scratches head* Where in the heck is everybody today? Though I imagine alot of us have the day off today and are still sleeping in ...
                    I thought I heard something about RDA having a foot problem. Didn't he talk at a con about his weight gain? Anyway, the man is my age, so yeah. Things don't work so good anymore.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm here. Going out in a little bit. Mexican food... yummy!

Comment

[rant]So I was watching "Sunday" with the commentary on. I love how, as they're carrying Carson's body back to Earth, their comment is "And this is the first time that Ronan has been to Earth." *shakes head*

And oh, who wants to tell me nothing happened when John gave Elizabeth that look?

: I can't believe Weir got to give the eulogy and not me. And no, I'm not interested in her emotional wellbeing at all.

Yeah. Nothing there.

*shrieks with sarcastic laughter*

Comment

I thought I heard something about RDA having a foot problem. Didn't he talk at a con about his weight gain? Anyway, the man is my age, so yeah. Things don't work so good anymore.
                          Heck, I'm younger than you are (and a little bit younger than Joe and Torri) and things already don't work so good!

ETA - I just may have meant my brain there.

Comment

*strikes comment about "RDA isn't as young as he used to be"

I'm here. Going out in a little bit. Mexican food... yummy!
                            Ooh, food. You gettin' Chipotle???

I'm leaning towards Chinese today. Supposed to be starting a diet with my mom, but I'm goin' to the county fair tonight. There is no way that I'm turning down a funnel cake.

Comment

Heck, I'm younger than you are (and a little bit younger than Joe and Torri) and things already don't work so good!

ETA - I just may have meant my brain there.
                              My brain has never worked good. *snicker*

And then, look at John Sheppard. How many times during SGA did you see him sick, or groaning about his bad knee? Besides from that cold when Lucius brainwashed everybody ... I wanna be a fictional character. Nothing really bad ever happens when you're fictional ... especially in sci-fi. LOL

Comment

Ooh, food. You gettin' Chipotle???

I'm leaning towards Chinese today. Supposed to be starting a diet with my mom, but I'm goin' to the county fair tonight. There is no way that I'm turning down a funnel cake.
                                No, not Chipolte. Just a regular Mexican restaurant. I've never been there before so I don't know how good it will be.

Yeah, there's no way you can start a diet when you're going to a country fair. Just not possible.

My doctor asked me about how my diet was going when I saw her on Jan 3. I gave her a look and said "Really?? We just got done with the holidays and you think I'll have lost weight?" She's on crack, I tells ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X