No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Hope everyone's enjoying this Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
    Wow, thanks for that. Lots of lovely photos and of the good doctor too.
    It's incredible... even in a convention setting that the chemistry I saw onscreen is palpable in such an informal, unstaged situation.
    It goes to show that you can't fake chemistry -- it's there or it isn't.

I had the privilege of meeting Torri in person here in Oz some years ago. Got to shake her hand too.
    Such a lovely person.
    Wonderful! Everyone should get to meet Torri, she is so very awesome! And don't forget to ask her to speak a little Dolphin for you.

And do take gateraid's suggestion to check out our Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series project at sgarising.com. I'm currently working on a couple of supplementary features for the site that will hopefully be going up soon.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    It's the mods taking a look at my previous post
    *snickers*

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I have to rant for a minute. I'm reading a story that is listed as being "John & Elizabeth". It won't be romance (it's whump), but clearly it is labelled that it will feature Elizabeth heavily and won't include romance between John and another character. So why do certain fans of another John ship have to leave reviews where they're snarking at Elizabeth and saying how much they dislike her? Clearly there won't be John/Other romance in a fic labelled "John & Elizabeth". And why do you have to be mean to Elizabeth just because you want John to be paired with Other instead? I don't like the Keller character very much, and I certainly wouldn't go into a fic labelled "McKay & Keller" and complain that I don't like Keller and I was hoping for some romance between McKay and Katie.

And why do you have to be hateful towards Elizabeth just because you'd rather have John with Other?

It really annoys me, and frankly I'm not enjoying the story as much now either. Now I'm paranoid the author is going to start being a douche towards Elizabeth as well, so I'm reading with trepidation instead of excitement.

Ugh. I'd ask which fic it was, but I'd probably end up getting depressed by the comments, so I won't. On the other hand, I wonder if the author is getting just as discouraged by the anti-Elizabeth comments in the reviews as you are? Maybe she'd appreciate a pro-Elizabeth review that tells all those rude anti-Elizabeth reviewers to just STFU. *evil grin*

I hope you slept better last night!
    I did, fortunately. Another good night like that and I should be back to normal. Well, what counts for normal for me.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Can you PM me a link to that fic? I'm not in the mood for that kind of nonsense right now.
    Whoo! SR's on the warpath! Everyone go get your flak jackets now! RAR!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Landry?
      I meant Jack, more or less. Hee hee.

Nobody hurt me. I still love Sparky. It's better smut.

I'm glad you included the fishing scene. It's one of my favourites of the entire series (eight years of buildup helps ), although I was a little annoyed when they tweaked it in Mobeius
      The fish in the lake didn't bug me a lot. I'm just trying to figure out what would've changed that now there would be fish in there. The end scene, whether it be "Threads" or "Moebius", is still one of my favorites in any show. A friend of mine and I were talking earlier, and we both agreed that "Moebius" would've been a great way to end SG-1 ... but that's another topic for another forum.

Jedi is an official religious option here. Kiwi's can't seem to take anything seriously, so it would appear

I had to LOL at "CourtingSweater". Hahahahahha! Sorry, Steven, you don't stand a chance.
      Nope.

I meant real life quotes. Like historical or things historical people have said.
      "It's not the destination, it's the journey along the way."

Corny, but all I can offer.

Here's the second of Eri13's snarky recaps that I have saved.

This one is Before I Sleep. It's in 2 parts.

Part One:

*snip*
      Part 2:

*snip*
      Mwahaha, brilliant!!!

Did Eri do one for "The Long Goodbye"?

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_314_1261.JPG

It seems Falcon's story drabble has got JT thinking about what goes on during our "lunches". Why is her mind always in the gutter?

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_314_1262.JPG

I have no idea. Just because we look at each other like this?

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_314_1269.JPG

And I look at your mouth all the time (when I'm not looking lower)?
      Yeah, she's just crazy.
      Yup. Absolutely nuthin' goin' on between those two. Because if there was, there would be a forum thread that has been up for almost 8 years with over 114,000 posts.

*looks around* Hey, wait a minute ...

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      RL has decided to throw me a bit of a curveball, so I won't be around for awhile. I hope to be back really soon. You all make my life fun and I'd miss you if this takes too long.
      (((hugs))) We'll miss you. I know from recent experience that RL hits you hard when you least expect it, so I hope everything gets sorted out. Take care!

Loved it I picked up the subtle Atlantis: Nights reference too...

"....and instead chose to perch himself on her desk, allowing himself entrance into her personal space."

Think about it...think about it...there we go
      *slaps wrist* Gateraid, we can always trust you to be the first one in the gutter. Ha!

Um, stay safe in prison? I hope things work out for you, RL can be a pain sometimes
      Just wrong!!!

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
      Cute. I can picture it.
      How's everyone? I'm amazed to see this thread still very much alive. Good to see familiar names.
      Hi! Don't think we've met before, but judging by your sig I think we're going to get along just fine.

So I borrowed Season 3 of SGA from a friend of mine ... who knows if he'll get it back ... anyhow, I'm ripping it so I can make vids!!!

Going out for coffee with a friend, TTYL!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        SR is a momma lion, and she'll protect her cubs. Even if they're TV characters. *smirk*

Comment

*hides under the desk*
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            I meant Jack, more or less. Hee hee.

Nobody hurt me. I still love Sparky. It's better smut.
            I could make a joke about broken hips, but it would probably be in bad taste. Slaps self!

Did Eri do one for "The Long Goodbye"?
            I don't think so. The only ones I have saved are Before I Sleep and Lifeline.

Comment

I could make a joke about broken hips, but it would probably be in bad taste. Slaps self!

Actually, I think it would be more on target to make a bad knee joke. Someone somewhere on the WWW said the reason why RDA seemed to gain weight during the last appearances on SGU was due to a recent major knee surgery.

*realizes what JT was actually talking about, then slaps her too*

I don't think so. The only ones I have saved are Before I Sleep and Lifeline.
              Hmm. Pity. *looks around* We could start a round robin where we all contribute a part and make our own.

If anybody needs ideas, here's the transcript from GW.

PUDDLE JUMPER. Team Sheppard is sitting inside.

SHEPPARD: So in an effort to show you Pegasus naive natives how advanced we Earthlings really are, I've decided to spend the past half hour explaining to you about the wonders of television. It's really exciting: people watch these shows, form emotional bonds with the characters, and ship people that have never even looked at each other. We should totally watch it more.

*glances at rant, then decides not to delete*

Ok. Gotta go!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Hope everyone's enjoying this Sparky!Family Saturday!

Wonderful! Everyone should get to meet Torri, she is so very awesome! And don't forget to ask her to speak a little Dolphin for you.

And do take gateraid's suggestion to check out our Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series project at sgarising.com. I'm currently working on a couple of supplementary features for the site that will hopefully be going up soon.

*snickers*

Ugh. I'd ask which fic it was, but I'd probably end up getting depressed by the comments, so I won't. On the other hand, I wonder if the author is getting just as discouraged by the anti-Elizabeth comments in the reviews as you are? Maybe she'd appreciate a pro-Elizabeth review that tells all those rude anti-Elizabeth reviewers to just STFU. *evil grin*

I did, fortunately. Another good night like that and I should be back to normal. Well, what counts for normal for me.

The fic in question is quite good. Not shippy but excellent. Go here. The bad reviews are on FF.net, so this LJ post is safe. Lovely characterization of everyone.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I know I said that I will be more present here but life is too complicated these days. I started a new job (I love it) and I had a car accident (nothing bad, but my car is dead).

SR: Love the vid about the Sparckycon.

I need some fics. Someone can put some links please?
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Hello everyone!

I know I said that I will be more present here but life is too complicated these days. I started a new job (I love it) and I had a car accident (nothing bad, but my car is dead).

SR: Love the vid about the Sparckycon.

I need some fics. Someone can put some links please?
                    Here are a few by failegaidin: 1, 2, 3.

And if you want a longer one with no romance but some lovely Sparky subtext, try Here Be Dragons.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi there Probie! Sorry about your car but congrats on the new job! (So now you can pay for your car... hehe)

Well, my home team New England Patriots kicked arse last night. It was actually painful to watch.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Actually, I think it would be more on target to make a bad knee joke. Someone somewhere on the WWW said the reason why RDA seemed to gain weight during the last appearances on SGU was due to a recent major knee surgery.

*realizes what JT was actually talking about, then slaps her too*
                      Yeah, I slapped myself hard for that one. Jack and Sam came after me with weapons.

The fic in question is quite good. Not shippy but excellent. Go here. The bad reviews are on FF.net, so this LJ post is safe. Lovely characterization of everyone.
                      Yes, it's a very good (non-shippy) story. But read it on LJ and not ff.net. The reviews over there got my blood pressure up.
                      Last edited by JT-2; 15 January 2012, 04:10 PM. Reason: got ahead of myself :o

Comment

Here are a few by failegaidin: 1, 2, 3.

And if you want a longer one with no romance but some lovely Sparky subtext, try Here Be Dragons.
                        Thank you!! It's time for me to read.

Hi there Probie! Sorry about your car but congrats on the new job! (So now you can pay for your car... hehe)
                        Thank you.
                        I want to keep my money and my car but it's impossible.lol I really need to find a new car.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Hiya, Probie! Sucks about the car, but yay job! That'll help towards a new car.

Hmm, I guess I will have to check out that fic. Thanks for the link, SR.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Hiya, Probie! Sucks about the car, but yay job! That'll help towards a new car.

Hmm, I guess I will have to check out that fic. Thanks for the link, SR.
                            Thank JT-2, she first found it. That fic took some unfair heat on FF.net. The author seems to be truly capable of writing multiple ships without diminishing any characters. I think this is an extraordinary talent. She writes good general fic with enough subtext that you can fill in the blanks with your ship choice. I read a short fic she wrote with hints of another ship and found myself really liking it. (The fic, not the ship. LOL)

Try "There Be Dragons". I'd be interested to hear how other Elizabeth fans think she came out. I liked her imperfection and the struggle with understanding John.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thank JT-2, she first found it. That fic took some unfair heat on FF.net. The author seems to be truly capable of writing multiple ships without diminishing any characters. I think this is an extraordinary talent. She writes good general fic with enough subtext that you can fill in the blanks with your ship choice. I read a short fic she wrote with hints of another ship and found myself really liking it. (The fic, not the ship. LOL)

Try "There Be Dragons". I'd be interested to hear how other Elizabeth fans think she came out. I liked her imperfection and the struggle with understanding John.
                              I also enjoyed Elizabeth's characterization and her relationship with John in that post-Hot Zone time period. It wasn't until I read the nasty reviews that I started feeling defensive.

Comment

I also enjoyed Elizabeth's characterization and her relationship with John in that post-Hot Zone time period. It wasn't until I read the nasty reviews that I started feeling defensive.
                                I know. If I hadn't read those, it would never have crossed my mind to think Elizabeth was nasty in the fic. She was working through a few things. One of my favorite parts is :

“Thank you for the vote of confidence, Teyla.”

“You are welcome.” Teyla cocked her head, looked like she was going to offer something else, then excused herself instead. This was going to be a fun afternoon...

Teyla is enjoying the conflict between John and Elizabeth, and just like in HZ she sees how much alike they are.

Do you know this author from the whump thread? Does she know we are singing her praises?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X