Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I wrote a little drabble yesterday for a challenge but I wanted it to be Sparky cause I wanted to write something for Anuna's birthday to cheer her up after all that hospital time (and for JT-2 for beta'ing something for me a week or so ago) - so two birds with one stone later:

“Hey you!”

Elizabeth looked up to find Sheppard standing in the doorway of her office, his hands stuffed in his pockets. His mouth was quirked into a smile, giving his boyish charms that extra bit of spice she liked so much about him.

“Anything I can help you with?” She tilted her head a little to the side.

“Just wondering if you have time for lunch?” He pushed himself away from the doorframe, and instead chose to perch himself on her desk, allowing himself entrance into her personal space.

“Lunch?” Elizabeth glanced down at her watch and noticed she was already an hour late for lunch to be lunch. “I guess I should eat something.”

“Beckett sure does want us all in good health and that does include regular intakes of food.” He grinned.

Elizabeth could barely contain her amusement, closing her laptop as she rose from her seat and joining him towards the cafeteria.
    Cute. I can picture it.
    How's everyone? I'm amazed to see this thread still very much alive. Good to see familiar names.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
      Cute. I can picture it.
      Thanks.

I'm amazed to see this thread still very much alive. Good to see familiar names.
      Why wouldn't it be alive?

SGA might be done but OMGoddess these guys can yap the Wraith into submission... [insert evil laugh]
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Cute. I can picture it.
        How's everyone? I'm amazed to see this thread still very much alive. Good to see familiar names.
        Hmm, I don't recognize your name, so you must be from before I joined up. Welcome back! Hope you'll stick around for a while and check out what you've been missing.

Thanks.

Why wouldn't it be alive?

SGA might be done but OMGoddess these guys can yap the Wraith into submission... [insert evil laugh]
        And we do it with style!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          And we do it with style!
          Even when we're down below in the gutter... we got class!

Comment

Cute. I can picture it.
            Hello, I remember you. Welcome back. As you can see, Sparky will never die. We still are going strong and have lots to talk about.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Even when we're down below in the gutter... we got class!
              We've made the gutter the new 'in' place to be!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Hello, I remember you. Welcome back. As you can see, Sparky will never die. We still are going strong and have lots to talk about.
                Evidently.

Hey Red, your avatar... is that a picture of Torri and Joe? Do you have a larger version of it?
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Evidently.

Hey Red, your avatar... is that a picture of Torri and Joe? Do you have a larger version of it?
                  That's an icon I made of one from the HalfWay con. I don't have a larger version, but here is a link to Kris Russel's pics. As you will see, there are tons to choose from. Just credit her if you use one. That con caused quite a bit of excitement in the land of Sparky. Chemistry...they still got it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow, thanks for that. Lots of lovely photos and of the good doctor too.
                    It's incredible... even in a convention setting that the chemistry I saw onscreen is palpable in such an informal, unstaged situation.
                    It goes to show that you can't fake chemistry -- it's there or it isn't.

I had the privilege of meeting Torri in person here in Oz some years ago. Got to shake her hand too.
                    Such a lovely person.
                    sigpic

Comment

I fell asleep with my hand under my chin, pushing my jaw out of its hinges (sort of speak). But the remedy is easy. Take hand, make fist and punch jaw back into place - do this yourself as others might punch too hard and lights out.
                      Not the face! Not the face! This does NOT sound pleasant. And surprisingly easy to dislocate

I don't have the appropriate emoticon - perhaps this?

or maybe the sequel?

I really hope that isn't the case, tre inappropriate

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hope everyone got a better night's sleep than I did, my allergy-induced runny nose and cough kept me up all night. No amount of cough syrup or hot rum toddies helped. So today I feel like a zombie.

Heheheh... In the gutter!
                      It's a gift

ZOMG! We've got 21 people in the thread right now! Hai lurkers!
                      It's the mods taking a look at my previous post

Cute. I can picture it.
                      It's incredible... even in a convention setting that the chemistry I saw onscreen is palpable in such an informal, unstaged situation.

I had the privilege of meeting Torri in person here in Oz some years ago. Got to shake her hand too.
                      Such a lovely person.
                      Alive and kicking. Not only that, some of the sparkies (not myself) have started a 'new' series - a virtual season six. Check it out at sgarising.com - there is a direct link in Southern Red's sig - some eps are posted already and there is a broad outline for the rest. /advertisement
                      sigpic

Comment

Such a lovely person.
                        Yes, do check out our virtual season six. It's been a labor of love and pain.

And since you missed all the squee about SparkyCon, here's the slideshow I put together.

Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

Such a lovely person.
                          She totally is... I met her twice in one week (and possibly gave her my cold-bugs for which she appropriately strangled me - for good reason I took her voice away with them - oops!).

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          Not the face! Not the face! This does NOT sound pleasant. And surprisingly easy to dislocate
                          I wish it wasn't so easy... as a hyper flexible joint person this is very annoying. Even chewing gum for an hour is enough to lock them tight shut.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I have to rant for a minute. I'm reading a story that is listed as being "John & Elizabeth". It won't be romance (it's whump), but clearly it is labelled that it will feature Elizabeth heavily and won't include romance between John and another character. So why do certain fans of another John ship have to leave reviews where they're snarking at Elizabeth and saying how much they dislike her? Clearly there won't be John/Other romance in a fic labelled "John & Elizabeth". And why do you have to be mean to Elizabeth just because you want John to be paired with Other instead? I don't like the Keller character very much, and I certainly wouldn't go into a fic labelled "McKay & Keller" and complain that I don't like Keller and I was hoping for some romance between McKay and Katie.

And why do you have to be hateful towards Elizabeth just because you'd rather have John with Other?

It really annoys me, and frankly I'm not enjoying the story as much now either. Now I'm paranoid the author is going to start being a douche towards Elizabeth as well, so I'm reading with trepidation instead of excitement.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            RL has decided to throw me a bit of a curveball, so I won't be around for awhile. I hope to be back really soon. You all make my life fun and I'd miss you if this takes too long.
                            I hope you come back soon! We'll miss you!!

Loved it I picked up the subtle Atlantis: Nights reference too...

"....and instead chose to perch himself on her desk, allowing himself entrance into her personal space."

Think about it...think about it...there we go

In the gutter we go!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hope everyone got a better night's sleep than I did, my allergy-induced runny nose and cough kept me up all night. No amount of cough syrup or hot rum toddies helped. So today I feel like a zombie.
                            I hope you slept better last night!

Cute. I can picture it.
                            Hi there. Nice to meet you.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            That's an icon I made of one from the HalfWay con. I don't have a larger version, but here is a link to Kris Russel's pics. As you will see, there are tons to choose from. Just credit her if you use one. That con caused quite a bit of excitement in the land of Sparky. Chemistry...they still got it.
                            An excuse to post my favorite HalfWay con pics? Oh heck yeah!

436396967.jpg

I don't have the appropriate emoticon - perhaps this?

[=youtube_share;k5reDsSIiAk]http://youtu.be/k5reDsSIiAk[/video]

or maybe the sequel?
                            Family Guy! So many little in-jokes to my state of Rhode Island in that show.

I wish it wasn't so easy... as a hyper flexible joint person this is very annoying. Even chewing gum for an hour is enough to lock them tight shut.
                            Oh man!! Owie ow!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              And why do you have to be hateful towards Elizabeth just because you'd rather have John with Other?
                              Because she's the other woman and a thread to the relationship of choice.

*shrug*

I don't know - why don't we ask them instead? That could get interesting.

It really annoys me, and frankly I'm not enjoying the story as much now either. Now I'm paranoid the author is going to start being a douche towards Elizabeth as well, so I'm reading with trepidation instead of excitement.
                              *hugs* I'm sorry to hear that.

Oh man!! Owie ow!
                              For those unlucky enough to sit at my table during lunch or dinner - they can occasionally hear my jaw pop back into place. My colleagues have to suffer those same popping sounds coming from my shoulders every single workday. I can see them cringe every time.

Comment

Can you PM me a link to that fic? I'm not in the mood for that kind of nonsense right now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X