Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    You know they found an Ancient closet before starting the exploring. Or should I say, the exploring of a different sort.

Oh, they totally found a closet. Or two. Or three. Which has suddenly got my mind going off on a wild tangent about the sorts of things John and Elizabeth might find in those closets. Kinky Ancient underwear, anyone?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I can see Elizabeth as President, but can't really see John in politics at all. Rodney would never get past the announcement because he'd offend the press, and that would be it. Teyla would make a good secretary of state, but that's not an elected position. Ronon...uh...no again.

Now Woolsey, I can see as a senator or even Pres or Governor. If John ran for something, he would probably win because women tend to stupidly vote for the face rather than what the man stands for. Sorry...political anger seeping back in.
      I'd have to agree with everything you said. However, I think Ronon would make a great war time Sec of Defense. He'd be all over the unconditional surrender angle.

As for political anger, I should post some of the comments in that Elizabeth ends up Immortal fic I posted earlier, I have an OC making. You'll see some serious political anger then.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Jedi is an official religious option here. Kiwi's can't seem to take anything seriously, so it would appear
        If I remember right Red Eye was talking about the UK. I guess there are rabib Star Wars fans everywhere.

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday Anuna!

Comment

You know they found an Ancient closet before starting the exploring. Or should I say, the exploring of a different sort.

And it did seem like Rodney had been searching for them for a very long time.

CORRIDOR. Rodney walks nervously along a dark corridor, shining his flashlight around. A light flickers behind him and he turns quickly towards it, sighing with relief as he sees John and Elizabeth walking towards him.

McKAY: There you are.

And it did seem they looked a little guilty there.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And it did seem like Rodney had been searching for them for a very long time.

CORRIDOR. Rodney walks nervously along a dark corridor, shining his flashlight around. A light flickers behind him and he turns quickly towards it, sighing with relief as he sees John and Elizabeth walking towards him.

McKAY: There you are.

And it did seem they looked a little guilty there.
              Just for the record, your "quickies" are not that quick.

Comment

Just for the record, your "quickies" are not that quick.
                sigpic

Comment

"Hey, if you're going to do something, do it right."

Comment

"Hey, if you're going to do something, do it right."
                    You'll get no complaints from me.
                    sigpic

Comment

I wrote a little drabble yesterday for a challenge but I wanted it to be Sparky cause I wanted to write something for Anuna's birthday to cheer her up after all that hospital time (and for JT-2 for beta'ing something for me a week or so ago) - so two birds with one stone later:

“Hey you!”

Elizabeth looked up to find Sheppard standing in the doorway of her office, his hands stuffed in his pockets. His mouth was quirked into a smile, giving his boyish charms that extra bit of spice she liked so much about him.

“Anything I can help you with?” She tilted her head a little to the side.

“Just wondering if you have time for lunch?” He pushed himself away from the doorframe, and instead chose to perch himself on her desk, allowing himself entrance into her personal space.

“Lunch?” Elizabeth glanced down at her watch and noticed she was already an hour late for lunch to be lunch. “I guess I should eat something.”

“Beckett sure does want us all in good health and that does include regular intakes of food.” He grinned.

Elizabeth could barely contain her amusement, closing her laptop as she rose from her seat and joining him towards the cafeteria.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I wrote a little drabble yesterday for a challenge but I wanted it to be Sparky cause I wanted to write something for Anuna's birthday to cheer her up after all that hospital time (and for JT-2 for beta'ing something for me a week or so ago) - so two birds with one stone later:

“Hey you!”

Elizabeth looked up to find Sheppard standing in the doorway of her office, his hands stuffed in his pockets. His mouth was quirked into a smile, giving his boyish charms that extra bit of spice she liked so much about him.

“Just wondering if you have time for lunch?” He pushed himself away from the doorframe, and instead chose to perch himself on her desk, allowing himself entrance into her personal space.

“Lunch?” Elizabeth glanced down at her watch and noticed she was already an hour late for lunch to be lunch. “I guess I should eat something.”

“Beckett sure does want us all in good health and that does include regular intakes of food.” He grinned.

Elizabeth could barely contain her amusement, closing her laptop as she rose from her seat and joining him towards the cafeteria.
                        That is great!!!! I can completely imagine that scene happening. We know they went for lunches together (just the two of them).

You are awesome!!

Comment

*grin*
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Here's the second of Eri13's snarky recaps that I have saved.

This one is Before I Sleep. It's in 2 parts.

Part One:

Spoiler:
                            Sparky Snark - Before I Sleep in a nutshell and in Two Parts:

[EXT: Atlantis Balcony. Elizabeth Weir is outside; John Sheppard comes out to join her.]

Weir: I thought you were off to cause more trouble.

John: Oh, I will. But before I do I will give you something that is completely not indicative of shipping or feelings in any way, because that wouldn’t be canon. So just accept this completely platonic birthday gift from me, as I hand it to you with a completely platonic flirty smile and a completely platonic soft, sexy tone of voice that’s completely platonic.

Weir: Thanks. I can completely tell it’s platonic, which is why I offer only a half smile, raised eyebrow and sexy, soft thank you in return that’s completely platonic.

John: Great! I’ll just sexily walk off now in a completely platonic way while you stare at my backside.

[INT: Atlantis corridor]

Rodney: In an attempt to fill the time it’ll take Ford to get to the mysterious door at the end of the corridor, I’ll randomly make jokes about real estate.

Ford: Hey! This is the first of 3 seconds you’ll get with me and I use it to point out a mysterious room in a CITY FULL OF MYSTERIOUS ROOMS. And people wonder why I got killed off.

*John, Ford and Teyla discover the stasis pod*

John: Whoa. Old lady - and yet there’s something about her that makes me want to STARE AT HER

[INT: Atlantis stasis room]

Beckett: If we wake her up, she’ll die.

Audience: IF YOU LET HER SLEEP, SHE’LL ALSO DIE. DUH.

Weir: (standing in front of stasis pod in such a way that makes it completely obvious she has something to do with the person IN the pod): wake her up.

Old Weir is removed from the pod and laid on a table. She wakes.

Old Weir: It worked. You’re alive and as annoying as ever. *promptly falls asleep*

[INT: Control Room]

Rodney: In an effort to balance out ships, we’re going to share a McShep moment.

John: And mention how many dangers could still exist in the city, which, ironically, we’ll never again explore.

[INT: Atlantis Infirmary]

Carson: Elizabeth, get down here. This old lady knows my name, and I’m kind of afraid of her fake white wig. History will soon show you I don’t have a good track record with things in fake white wigs.

*Elizabeth makes her way to the infirmary*

Elizabeth: (to old Elizabeth): How are you feeling?

Old Weir: I’m you. Glad I stopped trying to straighten my hair, you look better with the curls. Oh, look, sky. ZZZZZZZZZZZ

[INT: Atlantis Conference Room]

Rodney: I shall throw out time-travel science terms to prove I am the chief scientist. Einstein. Quantum. Black Hole Manipulation.

John: I shall throw out a cool movie reference to prove I am the laid-back hero. DeLorean.

Rodney: I shall insult your movie reference by mocking how badly that movie handled real science, in no way acknowledging the same problems with my own show.

Beckett (entering excitedly): In what may potentially be the speediest DNA test in the history of DNA tests, I can confirm she’s you.

[INT: Infirmary. Old Weir is still sleeping]

Rodney: I’m going to try to do an empathizing moment, but obviously I’m not Sheppard, so let me talk about time travel instead. Oh, and by the way there are millions of versions of you spread out across many variations of fluctuating universes.

Elizabeth: I know that, you’ll meet some of them in Seasons 4 and 5.

*Old Weir wakes up*

Old Weir: Where’s that 10,000 year old piece of paper?

Elizabeth: Rodney’s got it.

Old Weir: Right. I’ll just let him hang on to it and not reveal its importance until a dramatic moment later in the story. How about we hit the flashbacks now?

Elizabeth: Sounds good.

Old Weir: (*flashback sequence starts with clips from Rising*). We got to the city, lights came on, but other stuff didn’t work.

Rodney: Wait, nothing worked? That’s not what happened.

Old Weir: Alternate timeline, duh. I thought you were supposed to be a genius. I’m going to have to repeat a lot of things to them, aren’t I?

Elizabeth: Yes.

Old Weir: Glad to see not much has changed. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

[INT: Elizabeth’s office. Carson and Elizabeth are sitting in it.]

Elizabeth: Carson, I need you to drug up the old version of me, she keeps falling asleep.

Carson: If I do that it may kill her.

Audience: DUDE! AGAIN WITH THE NONSENSICAL HESITATION. SHE’S GOING TO DIE ANYWAY!

Elizabeth: Is it actually necessary for me to explain why I’m asking you to give me drugs? The logic in it will give the audience headaches. She is me, I am her, ergo, if I want drugs?

Carson: Got it. Drugs it is.

[INT: Infirmary. Old Weir is sitting up and looking alert.]

Old Weir: Thanks for the drugs! I needed that.

Elizabeth: I know! Hey look, I randomly found a wheelchair and a checkered afghan, because I’m sure those were priorities in someone’s ‘take one personal item’ packs. Let’s go for a spin.

*they make it to the gateroom*

Old Weir: This looks much cooler when people actually wear colors. Speaking of which, why am I still in my 10,000 year old dress?

Elizabeth: No idea, though I’m pretty resilient about wearing the same stuff over and over. Note the shirt. You wouldn’t want any of the rest of my wardrobe anyway - remember that gray number from 38 Minutes?

Old Weir: Right. Well, I have a story to tell and I need somewhere dramatic to tell it.

Elizabeth: Hm. Despite its lack of elevators and being nowhere near a transporter, so I have no idea how I’ll get you up there, I think we can hold it in the conference room next to the balcony.

Comment

Part 2:

Spoiler:

[INT: Conference Room. Weir has managed to get old Weir up there despite the lack of any handicap friendly modes of transport nearby]

Old Weir: There’s that midriff girl again. What’s she doing here? I have no idea who the heck she is.

Teyla: Do not worry, eventually the writers shall realize that too and I shall disappear from this episode for no apparent reason.

Ford: Me too. Though I shall burn myself into your mind with my 80’s era armpit t-shirt.

Old Weir: Anyways, back to the flashback? (cue Rising cuts again) I got called downstairs by that guy from Terminator: 2 for who knows what reason. By the time we got back to the control room and my hair went from perfectly straight to obviously-this-is-an-inserted-scene-straight, we discovered the shield had failed and that T2 guy drowned.

Elizabeth: Sumner drowned? Well, I guess that beats getting the life sucked out of you by a Wraith Queen like in my timeline.

John: Wait, what am I supposed to do for my ‘leave no man behind thing’ if the dude I can’t leave behind is already dead?

Old Weir: Character evolve? Anyways, moving on - we discover the Gateships, which John and I manage to stow away on.

Rodney: What happened to me?

Old Weir: You drowned.

Rodney (looking appropriately shocked at either his heroic moment or the fact that he’s not as smart as he thought): Wow.

Old Weir: Don’t feel bad, everyone else drowned too, including Scotty and the guy over there who looks like Willis from Differn't Strokes. Except for John, me and Zelenka, whose recurring status has apparently made him a more important character than originally was intended.

Elizabeth: Yeah, he didn’t show up in my version of Rising.

John: HA! Made it out of the city! Cooler than Rodney yet again!

Old Weir: As often randomly happened, John just touched something and we were magically zapped back 10,000 years in time. Which basically means that the incredibly complex nature of time travel Rodney was trying to explain earlier was completely irrelevant, and that this time machine is even more sketchy than the one Rodney was criticizing in Back to the Future.

Rodney: Touche

Old Weir: But as you know we can’t go too many episodes without explosions, so the jumper was hit, and John- *she starts to have an attack*

Beckett: Wow. Even an Alternate You can’t handle it when Sheppard’s in danger.

Elizabeth: Are you surprised?

Beckett: After The Eye? Not really.

[INT: Atlantis Infirmary. Elizabeth is staring over Old Elizabeth. John comes in to join her]

John: Remember that earlier scene where you were doing this and Rodney walked up? Well, I’m going to say the exact same thing he said only better and in that sexy man-voice again.

Elizabeth: You know for a completely platonic relationship there sure are a lot of these type moments.

*Rodney enters*

Rodney: In an attempt to be funny and completely draw attention to the fact that I’m interrupting what appears to be a private and intimate moment between the two of you - even though everyone knows you guys don’t have intimate and private moments- I’m going to turn into shades of that comedic idiot that will become so standard for me in Season 2 and beyond.

Elizabeth: Great, thanks, more to look forward to.

*Old Weir wakens. She and young Elizabeth share a McShep chastising moment so Rodney and John can experience double the Momma Weir*

Old Weir: Anyways - I woke up dressed in this dress and was told that everyone else was dead, glossing over the fact that my managing to survive while they got killed really makes no sense.

John: Damn. I wanted to wear an Ancient outfit.

Elizabeth: Next season.

Old Weir (continuing): I met up with this Ancient named Janus who explained I’d gone back 10,000 years to right before Atlantis was abandoned, which was a rather lucky break. Oh, and in case you didn’t know, the bad guys are called the Wraith.

Rodney: Yeah, we got that, thanks.

Old Weir: Janus took me in front of the high council, who surprisingly spoke entirely in English and not Ancient. Anyways, he was there with the chick from the Library, Spock, Harry Belafonte, one of the Jedi from Phantom Menace, and that guy who will apparently become important somewhere in SG-1. They told me that I could go back to Earth with them but I couldn’t travel back in time, because it would screw things up too much. Which makes no sense, because honestly I could screw even MORE things up by going back as an advanced Earth human during a critical point in early Earth human evolution. Whatever. ZZZZZZZZZZZ

[INT: Infirmary]

Beckett: Like I told you would happen, she’s going to die.

Audience: SHE’S 10,000 YEARS OLD. DUH.

Old Weir *waking up*: I need to finish my story otherwise this will feel like an episode of Lost. Luckily for us Janus was all about breaking the rules. He developed a way for me to stay behind and rotate ZPMs, yada yada yada - of course none of it mattered because the only thing that really worked was his back-up failsafe plan. Wow. This is so boring I’m putting myself to sleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

[INT: Atlantis infirmary. Time has obviously passed. John and Rodney are asleep. Old Weir wakes up.]

Elizabeth: Looks like we got rid of all the extraneous characters on Atlantis. Proceed.

Old Weir: Janus convinced the other Council members I’d already left because apparently Ancients are pretty gullible. *Random shots of the Ancients leaving, including some girl that is apparently a random SG-1 character because she has NO relevance to Atlantis.*

Elizabeth: Someday we’ll get rid of references to that damn show.

Old Weir: Don’t count your chickens. So I was alone in an abandoned city, though for some reason the Ancients didn’t bother to power it down OR cover their equipment with slipcovers. Good thing I stayed behind to rectify that. I set up everything, crawled in the stasis chamber and boom! Here I am. I’ve lived just long enough to share a sweet moment where I tell you to enjoy yourself, live your life, don’t stress too much and make sure to breathe.

Elizabeth: You do realize that I’m not going to do any of that except for the token scene at the end of this episode? Not to mention the fact that I bite it in about 2 years anyway, which essentially renders the power and symbolic majesty of this episode meaningless.

Old Weir: Oh, well. At least you won’t be suffering the bad wig. Oh, and by the way, that paper that I had with me is the location of 5 ZPMs. Don’t know why I didn’t mention that sooner, since that’s all we’ve been crying about since the start of the show.

Elizabeth: Cool! *runs over and wakes up the guys, completely disregarding her old self to talk about the ZPMs* ZPMS! ZPMS!

*Old Weir dies*

Elizabeth: Well, damn. *Elizabeth goes and holds her own dead hand, which is kinda creepy*

[EXT: Atlantis Balcony. Elizabeth uses the pot John gave her to spread her older self’s ashes over Atlantis. John comes out with a sexy concerned look that’s completely platonic.]

John: I’m coming out to the balcony to personally inform you of our meeting rather than radioing you - cuz duh, I’m concerned. In a completely platonic way.

Elizabeth: I’m okay.

John: Then we have a meeting.

Elizabeth: I’m coming. No, wait, I must live up to the promise of my other self for at least one scene. I’m going to stay out here for a while before the meeting.

John: Got it, I’ll just turn around so you can observe my sexily exiting backside.

Elizabeth: Thanks.

Audience: Thanks.

*Elizabeth enjoys a few moments peace in front of the fake blue sky. Close with theme that will become Elizabeth’s theme and cut to black.*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

“Hey you!”

That was great and very easy to see happening.

JT-2, thanks for posting the recaps. Dead on and delightful.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X