Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    My silly Sparky pic fic is finally up on LJ. http://mathgirl24.livejournal.com/11496.html#cutid1

Now that I've got that done I can put up the completed Sparky Advent calendar for 2011.

Interesting! Well if I'm ever in Ohio I'll add that to my agenda.
    Very funny JT-2!! For some reason the picks with Rodney in them too reminded me of the Warehouse 13 Season 2 Christmas special and what the orginal mistletoe makes you do.

If you do make it here, I'll have to introduce you to my sister. She's taken several of her friends on wine tours of the area.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

A) Happy New Year to everyone

B) I have posted twice over the last few days, and GW has eaten them *shakes fist*

C) I may have gone overboard with the touching under the cut

D) If you can't see the last one coming, then you completely missed the eighties. Or was it the nineties? I'm not sure

Spoiler:

Daaaa da da da

Can't touch this

Da da da da

Can't touch this

Daaa da da da

You can't touch these

Daaaa da da da

Don't touch this

Daaa da da da

Can't touch this

Daaa da da da

She can't touch it

Daaa da da da

Can't touch this

Daaa da da da

*grabs ass*

Please touch this

Daaa da da da

Can I touch them?

Daaa da da da

It's Hammer time
      sigpic

Comment

My silly Sparky pic fic is finally up on LJ. http://mathgirl24.livejournal.com/11496.html#cutid1

Now that I've got that done I can put up the completed Sparky Advent calendar for 2011.
        Everybody needs to see this. Now. Madness at its best
        sigpic

Comment

Aaaaannnndddd, we continue the new year in the gutter. What better place to be?
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

My last day off before work. Sigh. Oh and my kitty is sick. AddEmoticons00944.gif

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Ha, Crack away! Stuff like this is how I know I'm still tied to Stargate, because in the first days of pain I did actually think 'well, now I sorta know what John and Rodney felt like in Echoes'. I can report that:

1) Their bursting was much prettier than mine, and leaked nice, juicy thickly obvious blood while mine just leaked icky, blood stained puss. Of course, mine being caused by an infection makes the circumstances different.

2) The problems with hearing others might actually be true, because I can't hear out of my right ear clearly. However, I don't think they'd yell themselves, because you can actually hear your voice resonate in your throat, so you're aware of your volume. It's like holding your ears closed to hear yourself sing by cutting out outside noise, or when you hold one ear closed so you can hear yourself talk on the phone in a crowd. I think they'd just be walking around going 'HAH? HAAAH?' and asking people to repeat themselves. Of course, the yelling is funnier.

3) The burst eardrums would take weeks to heal.

4) I haven't had problems with vertigo, but I think they probably would have with both eardrums burst.

Are we Stargate nerds or what?
            Oh wow, that sounds horrible!!! That stinks! And for all that, you really should have had a John Sheppard to carry you around.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            Very funny JT-2!! For some reason the picks with Rodney in them too reminded me of the Warehouse 13 Season 2 Christmas special and what the orginal mistletoe makes you do.

If you do make it here, I'll have to introduce you to my sister. She's taken several of her friends on wine tours of the area.
            I've never seen Warehouse 13. What does it make you do?

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

B) I have posted twice over the last few days, and GW has eaten them *shakes fist*

D) If you can't see the last one coming, then you completely missed the eighties. Or was it the nineties? I'm not sure

Spoiler:

Daaaa da da da

Can't touch this

Da da da da

Can't touch this

Daaa da da da

You can't touch these

Daaaa da da da

Don't touch this

Daaa da da da

Can't touch this

Daaa da da da

She can't touch it

Daaa da da da

Can't touch this

Daaa da da da

*grabs ass*

Please touch this

Daaa da da da

Can I touch them?

Daaa da da da

It's Hammer time

As always, you are hilarious.

Gateraid also posted some additions to my silly pic fic. There's one there about Rodney that made me laugh so hard.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

There's somewhere else you can be? *blinks innocently*

Comment

My last day off before work. Sigh. Oh and my kitty is sick. [ATTACH=CONFIG]33429[/ATTACH]
              Me too and poor Kitty (mine got bitten by red ants last week and got a swollen face!!) Hope s/he feels better soon!!

I've never seen Warehouse 13. What does it make you do?
              WH13 is surprisingly good - if you can get through the first season (imo). The Original Mistletoe kinda gives you the overwhelming compulsion to kiss who ever is under it if I remember correctly?? (sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!)

AND BEYOND
              sigpic
              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

About 5 minutes until the Rose Parade comes on! I always look forward to seeing the equestrian units more than anything else. Good times!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Spoiler:
                AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, GW has been randomly eating posts (and parts of posts) for the last several days at least. It seems to be a known glitch that the mods are working on. It's happened to me a couple of times; fortunately I always check my post after it goes through to make sure it came out right, and now I'm making copies of my posts before hitting 'submit reply' just in case.

Oh, indeed!

My last day off before work. Sigh. Oh and my kitty is sick. [ATTACH=CONFIG]33429[/ATTACH]
                Awww, I'm sorry about your kitty! And your kitty too, Madness reigns! *wibbles*

As always, you are hilarious.

Gateraid also posted some additions to my silly pic fic. There's one there about Rodney that made me laugh so hard.
                OMG! *runs to looks*

Good answer!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I just watched the pilot episode of The Tudors. I prefer Stargate!Ren, like a thousand times over. Most of the people in that universe are at least good, moral people (considering there was no birth control in those days, they were certainly taking too many chances!). Yikes!! And on the show they're all "yeah, let's go to war! Yes!" Meanwhile it certainly won't be those jerks who'll be doing the dying, will it? Sorry, off on a tangent there.

Does anyone know if there will be any new stories out of Stargate!Ren anytime soon? (See, I brought it on topic!)

Oh, SK - I missed the Rose Parade! Darnit!

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                  Me too and poor Kitty (mine got bitten by red ants last week and got a swollen face!!) Hope s/he feels better soon!!
                  OT kitty whump details
                  Spoiler:
                  Ouch!! Poor kitty! My boy has a bad tooth. It got infected a few months ago and we got it treated with antibiotics. The vet suggested we do a tooth cleaning thing but he'd have to go under anesthesia and he's 14 so it's a concern (never mind the $$$!). We hoped maybe it wouldn't happen again but... He's also been sneezing like crazy. We don't know if that's connected to the tooth or is an allergy (there's something in the area now because we've all been sneezing like crazy lately too).

WH13 is surprisingly good - if you can get through the first season (imo). The Original Mistletoe kinda gives you the overwhelming compulsion to kiss who ever is under it if I remember correctly?? (sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!)
                  I'll have to check it out sometime!

AND BEYOND

LOVE that gif!!

Comment

I just watched the pilot episode of The Tudors. I prefer Stargate!Ren, like a thousand times over. Most of the people in that universe are at least good, moral people (considering there was no birth control in those days, they were certainly taking too many chances!). Yikes!! And on the show they're all "yeah, let's go to war! Yes!" Meanwhile it certainly won't be those jerks who'll be doing the dying, will it? Sorry, off on a tangent there.

Does anyone know if there will be any new stories out of Stargate!Ren anytime soon? (See, I brought it on topic!)

OT kitty whump details
                    Spoiler:
                    Ouch!! Poor kitty! My boy has a bad tooth. It got infected a few months ago and we got it treated with antibiotics. The vet suggested we do a tooth cleaning thing but he'd have to go under anesthesia and he's 14 so it's a concern (never mind the $$$!). We hoped maybe it wouldn't happen again but... He's also been sneezing like crazy. We don't know if that's connected to the tooth or is an allergy (there's something in the area now because we've all been sneezing like crazy lately too).

I'll have to check it out sometime!

LOVE that gif!!
                    I DVR'd the parade while watching College Gameday and then watched it in FF to look at the floats. You can sure make those marching bands move along sprightly like that. *grin* Now back to football.

And you must check out WH-13. Humor, cuteness, Mrs. Frederick...they have it all. *inside joke* And the highest rated scripted show of all time on SyFy on the planet...give it up for the one, the only....Jooooeeeeee Flanigan!

More football. My eyes aren't quite bleeding yet.

Oh, and did you hear that InBev, in their infinite wisdom, pulled the Clydesdales from the Rose Parade? Article here that mentions a certain couple of sisters.
                    Last edited by Southern Red; 02 January 2012, 10:59 AM.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I approve of WH13, especially of Myka and HG Wells, or to be more precise Myka/HG Wells.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Pretty much the only interest I had in The Tudors was the music and the costumes.

As for Stargate!Ren, it's been three months since the last story wrapped, so yeah, I'd say we're due for a new story soon. The Axis of Evil may be waiting for the post-holiday insanity to die down first.

Oh, drat!

Oh, and did you hear that InBev, in their infinite wisdom, pulled the Clydesdales from the Rose Parade? Article here that mentions a certain couple of sisters.
                        Yeah, I noticed the Clydies weren't there this year. Frak you, InBev!

Nice spot of the sisters in that article!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Yeah, I noticed the Clydies weren't there this year. Frak you, InBev!
                          I'm sorry to say this, but the article amuses me greatly - especially the comments below. Those damn foreigners... *shakes fist*

World economy - gotta love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I'm sorry to say this, but the article amuses me greatly - especially the comments below. Those damn foreigners... *shakes fist*

*snickers*

Still though, there were certainly some good points made about InBev not understanding/respecting the company's history, and InBev's company line about wanting to spend their money on sponsorships that more directly focus on their target audience is BS. I mean, hello, the parade has basically become the pre-show to one of the biggest college football bowl games in the country. How much closer to their target audience do they think they can gett?

Comment

I've fallen in and I can't get out. Pass me a torch, will ya?

My standard response to anyone who says that is: I can fix that for you - do you have a hammer?

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                              Yikes Poor cat

I wiki'd it. The consensus seemed to be that the first season was weak, but it gets better. Doesn't sound like it's for me - 50% female viewership tells me that I'm not its target audience

AND BEYOND
                              Cool gif

Well they've probably taken a bit of a liberty with the storytelling. There used to be a guy at my old work who went on and on about it, in particular one scene with a 'french connection'. I've watched some of it, but at the hour they screen it here, it isn't interesting enough for me to stay up and watch it.
                              OT kitty whump details
                              Spoiler:
                              With any luck it will just be an allergy. One can only hope

I DVR'd the parade while watching College Gameday and then watched it in FF to look at the floats. You can sure make those marching bands move along sprightly like that. *grin* Now back to football.

And you must check out WH-13. Humor, cuteness, Mrs. Frederick...they have it all. *inside joke* And the highest rated scripted show of all time on SyFy on the planet...give it up for the one, the only....Jooooeeeeee Flanigan!

More football. My eyes aren't quite bleeding yet.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Just another sign of the times, I'm afraid. Could those sisters have any more last names
                              sigpic

Comment

There's only one thing I can really say about InBev - when in Leuven where Stella Artois is being brewed. If the wind's coming from the wrong direction, one is bound to keel over from the stench that comes forth from the yeasting of the soon-to-be beer.

That's what InBev instilled in my subconscious brain...

Comment

Working...
                                X