Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I forgot to mention earlier that I just recently read Mirror Mirror and liked it very much. Not Sparky, per se, but close enough. They're together for most of the book and there's eyesex plus desk sitting. And the plot is very good, everyone for the most part is in character and it could easily have worked on the show. I'd love to see it be a movie.
      That's my favorite. I also love the implication that...

Spoiler:
      ...they're drawn to each other even through space and time.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      I take it Mirror, Mirror is a published book??? Should I go sit in a comfy chair and Barnes & Noble and read for a couple hours?
      Definitely!

Just stop by to wish everyone a happy new year! Hope 2012 rocks! :3
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Speaking of Teh Pretteh...

Oooh, thanks for the link! Joe looked darn good in that interview.

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! *flails* He's so adorable there! SR is right about his heart being in his eyes in that scene. Ahhh... *sighs and melts into a puddle of happy goo*

And don't forget about
        Spoiler:
        that little Sparkyrific shout-out to the CPR scene in the film The Abyss.

Yep. This is one of the few Atlantis tie-in novels that's actually worth reading.
        And it's even got a thumbs up from Radek. Now I've gotta read it. LOL

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Spoiler:
        Okay, I dare someone to use that as a prompt. Hee hee!!!

Definitely!
        Then I'm putting that on my to-do list. I'm gonna need to de-stress once I go back to work on Monday. Dealing with high school students allday can make you wanna pull your hair out, and in my case, there's a lot of hair. White girl with a 'fro, right here. Heh.

All right, heading to bed. G'night, lovely Sparkyville!

*jumps in gutter*

Comment

Great attitude. Just when you are least expecting it, the perfect job will open up.
          Thanks!!! Now if I could only keep the positive attitude all the time. Isn't that how it is with most things, when you least expect it, puff, there it is. Especially when you're trying really hard to find it.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I forgot to mention earlier that I just recently read Mirror Mirror and liked it very much. Not Sparky, per se, but close enough. They're together for most of the book and there's eyesex plus desk sitting. And the plot is very good, everyone for the most part is in character and it could easily have worked on the show. I'd love to see it be a movie.
            Darn it all, this sounds like something I should read. Not sure when it will be, the bookstore that usually stocks that sort of stuff is, well, in the city dump right now

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            Thanks!!! Now if I could only keep the positive attitude all the time. Isn't that how it is with most things, when you least expect it, puff, there it is. Especially when you're trying really hard to find it.
            Something like that mate. And if it isn't the perfect job, it will be perfect for the time being.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Oh, yeah. I'm working on something very silly for a fill in for the Sparky Advent calendar (in case Kris doesn't get a story to me). I hope to have it done in the next few days. You're gonna think I'm on crack.
              This is one of those trick questions, right?
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the New Year's wishes, poundpuppy29!

And deliberately reposting this pic from Progeny because Lizzeh's hair is just so damn gorgeous in this episode...

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                Ahhhh, Teh Pretteh Hair. Times two.

Spoiler:
                See, there's just no denying that John and Elizabeth are destined to be together! SQUEE!!!

And it's even got a thumbs up from Radek. Now I've gotta read it. LOL
                Ohhhh yeah!

Okay, I dare someone to use that as a prompt. Hee hee!!!
                Double dare!

Sounds like a good reason to try a more Zen approach. What is, is. It'll come in its own time.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Darn it all, this sounds like something I should read. Not sure when it will be, the bookstore that usually stocks that sort of stuff is, well, in the city dump right now
                Blech, that sucks. Well, you could always order online.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Gateraid, you are still in fine form I see. I'm glad you included that link for "blanket party". I learned about that when SR Jr. was in boarding school. LOL
                  If ever there was someone in need of a blanket party, it would be Kavanaugh

Hi Sparklets. Interesting stuff this morning.

If you're not following this thread, take a look, especially at this post. We don't want to spoil this guy, but as I told him, it will be interesting to see how he reacts to the rest of the show.

And a new interview with JF done at SparkyCon is here. This is veerrrrryyyyy interesting, especially the part about not watching himself, which explains a whole lot about his attitude toward ship, and also his comments about the movie are new. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll try to explain his comments.
                  The only surprising part to me was that he says there was never going to be a movie. TPTB claimed they had a script and were at various times in talks with MGM or whomever. I think JF means that it wasn't finalized, and he would be correct because without actors there was certainly no movie.
                  Yeah, that surprised me too. The fact that it never got that far (agents/actors being contacted and what not) makes a bit of a mockery of some public statements. But, there was a script, so I guess they certainly wantedto make one.

Hearing that they don't watch the finished product makes me *headdesk* to infinity. And yet when you answer questions at cons that are based on your knowledge of what you were told WHILE FILMING A SCENE MULTIPLE WAYS, some fans tend to take what you say as gospel based on HOW THE FINAL SCENES WERE EDITED. Hello! Hello! HE'S NEVER SEEN WHAT WE SAW! You are talking about two different things. No wonder his answers to some questions confuse us. *gives Joe a pat on the head*
                  They should have had a better grasp on continuity, and the directors and writers probably should have been liasing a bit more about what the intention was for certain scenes. I can think of one obvious one, based on the commentary, that was shot multiple ways but none of those takes came close to what the writer had intended. But less specific things too - how certain characters were meant to interact (positively and negatively), what certain character's motivations were (based on an interview on GW, Connor had a real problem with working out what Michael's motivations were), that sort of thing. In other words, they needed a plan. How ironic that (allegedly) they had a five year plan for SGU
                  sigpic

Comment

It never fails, but if you expect bad things it just ruins your day. *tries to take own advice*

Amazon has it for cheap if that works for you. I got it on Kindle so I can share with Mr. SR. I'll let you know what he thinks.

If ever there was someone in need of a blanket party, it would be Kavanaugh

Yeah, that surprised me too. The fact that it never got that far (agents/actors being contacted and what not) makes a bit of a mockery of some public statements. But, there was a script, so I guess they certainly wantedto make one.

They should have had a better grasp on continuity, and the directors and writers probably should have been liasing a bit more about what the intention was for certain scenes. I can think of one obvious one, based on the commentary, that was shot multiple ways but none of those takes came close to what the writer had intended. But less specific things too - how certain characters were meant to interact (positively and negatively), what certain character's motivations were (based on an interview on GW, Connor had a real problem with working out what Michael's motivations were), that sort of thing. In other words, they needed a plan. How ironic that (allegedly) they had a five year plan for SGU
                    I remember that about Connor. He decided all on his own that Michael was in love with Teyla and that seemed to work in the way he play him IMHO. I'm betting they told DH and JS how to play McKeller, however.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm sure some of the people on the thread have already gotten to 2012, so Happy New Year!!! Thanks poundpuppy29 for the pretty graphics!

I really loved Mirror, Mirror. The first few chapters I thought were quite confusing, but then it all makes sense and really rocks! Lots of Elizabeth and lots of John and lots of John and Elizabeth.

Those are the best kind of stories. Sometimes, one beer will do the trick too!
                      I'm not a beer person (sorry, Joe!) but can I have some rum?

Spoiler:

Definitely!

Just stop by to wish everyone a happy new year! Hope 2012 rocks! :3
                      Happy 2012 to you too!!

Other scenes I loved are the
                      Spoiler:
                      one where Icarus uses Elizabeth's first name and John snaps at him for it. Another scene - Before they sacrifice themselves, their duplicates have eyesex (bet they made out before they died.. teehee). Another good scene is when Elizabeth wakes up and decides not to think about how she got changed into dry clothes. Oh, and John saying how they need a suite at the Hilton with a jacuzzi. Yeah, there's a lot of good in that one.

Then I'm putting that on my to-do list. I'm gonna need to de-stress once I go back to work on Monday. Dealing with high school students allday can make you wanna pull your hair out, and in my case, there's a lot of hair. White girl with a 'fro, right here. Heh.
                      **hugs**

This is one of those trick questions, right?

It was painfully clear they had no plan outside of season 1. And I've never heard of another show where they don't sometimes talk to the actors about how they wanted the characters to be played.

I remember that about Connor. He decided all on his own that Michael was in love with Teyla and that seemed to work in the way he play him IMHO. I'm betting they told DH and JS how to play McKeller, however.
                      So they told them to be awkward in the romantic scenes?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday and Happy New Year's Eve!

*hugs Eri13, and SR, and JT-2, and Anuna, and poundpuppy29, and ShipperWriter, and gateraid, and IrishEyes, and everyone else I might have forgotten* Let's bust out the champagne and party, 'cause the end of the world is coming! LMFAO!

(Though now that I think about it, the 2012 doomsday scenario might make for a crazy fun apocafic idea to cut Atlantis off from Earth... Permanently. )

Actually, that reminds me of an interesting comment that Torri made at the LAX con in November (I so need to post that trip report!) about how actors are usually the last to know anything, especially when it comes to casting, because of all the other stuff that has to be done beforehand (writing the script, getting a budget approved by the studio, securing locations/sets, etc.).

*snerks*

I loved the way Connor played Michael with a love/obsession with Teyla. It was awesome.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        I really loved Mirror, Mirror. The first few chapters I thought were quite confusing, but then it all makes sense and really rocks! Lots of Elizabeth and lots of John and lots of John and Elizabeth.

Other scenes I loved are the
                        Spoiler:
                        one where Icarus uses Elizabeth's first name and John snaps at him for it. Another scene - Before they sacrifice themselves, their duplicates have eyesex (bet they made out before they died.. teehee). Another good scene is when Elizabeth wakes up and decides not to think about how she got changed into dry clothes. Oh, and John saying how they need a suite at the Hilton with a jacuzzi. Yeah, there's a lot of good in that one.
                        Ahhhh, I think I need to reread Mirror, Mirror soon. Good times.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*hugs Eri13, and SR, and JT-2, and Anuna, and poundpuppy29, and ShipperWriter, and gateraid, and IrishEyes, and everyone else I might have forgotten* Let's bust out the champagne and party, 'cause the end of the world is coming! LMFAO!
                          *hugs back*

Actually, that reminds me of an interesting comment that Torri made at the LAX con in November (I so need to post that trip report!) about how actors are usually the last to know anything, especially when it comes to casting, because of all the other stuff that has to be done beforehand (writing the script, getting a budget approved by the studio, securing locations/sets, etc.).
                          It would have been nice, though if they at least touched base with the lead actors. But like Joe is fond of saying, they cut him out of the loop after he reacted to Torri and Paul getting fired.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Adds syfyfan, Pocus, Madness reigns, TheLadyMore, Probie, lizabeth39, and mandogater. I'm sure I'm still missing people. Damned brain.

(Though now that I think about it, the 2012 doomsday scenario might make for a crazy fun apocafic idea to cut Atlantis off from Earth... Permanently. )

I loved the way Connor played Michael with a love/obsession with Teyla. It was awesome.
                            Good thing he did, because by The Prodigal that motivation was the ONLY thing that made sense as to why he still wanted Teyla and Torren.

*hugs back*
                            It would have been nice, though if they at least touched base with the lead actors. But like Joe is fond of saying, they cut him out of the loop after he reacted to Torri and Paul getting fired.
                            *HUGS JOE*

Comment

I am here. Just wandering around the forum.

sigpic

Comment

Wish you all Happy New Year!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X