Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scary kitty View Post
    silly john! Doesn't he realize that when he gets hurt, lizzeh will come sit by his bedside to give him lots of kisses and make him feel better?
    damnit how did you know that was the reason i wrote whump fics in the first place! O.o
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

I have no christmas gifts to buy, and the one gift that I did have to buy was bought by my sister in the tax-free zone of the airport.

We don't celebrate christmas or any other of these days, so obviously no gift giving either. Kind of sad cause who doesn't like a great (or not so great) gift but still money saved...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Thanks for all the winter holiday wishes, poundpuppy29!

Silly John! Doesn't he realize that when he gets hurt, Lizzeh will come sit by his bedside to give him lots of kisses and make him feel better?

Heh! Went out today and got some candles on sale at Pier 1 and sweet treats at Trader Joe's. I think we're pretty much ready, except for getting the cold cuts and deli salads on Christmas Eve.

I'm still tempted to buy a few things for myself...
        I had my annual high tea at the Ritz Carlton with a couple of friends today. Very festive. Loved their giant gingerbread house, and we got the table right by the fireplace. Naturally it's 60 degrees here.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*brushes Kleenex off of laptop*

So I was just bragging about how I haven't been sick in a while, and what happens? Massive headcold. Just got over the worst of it, but now my laundry and dishes are piling up. Of course it would happen over my two week break from work. Really?!?!

I've been working on "Of Detectives and Doctors" because I really wanna get it done this year. I figure it's a reasonable goal, considering I haven't posted anything since September. However, because I love you guys and gals, I'm posting what I have. Keep in mind, this is being written in the dark while I listen to Pandora and drink Sierra Mist and eat gooey chocolate chip cookies. Mwah ha ha.

Spoilered for length:
          Spoiler:
          "Of Detectives and Doctors" Ch 20

John turned around just before he hit the doors, mouthing something to Elizabeth that she didn’t quite catch. Two uniformed cops ran out of the room, racing to the home of Michael Kenmore. It startled her -- how much they all appeared to be playing cowboys and Indians. Even though John had already been shot as a result of Kenmore’s actions, they seemed eager -- enthusiastic, even -- to make the next move, to stay ahead of the bad guys. This was a real life chess game that was going to end in a gruesome checkmate, but the victor was still a mystery.

She gave up trying. In spite of the contented nod she had given John on his way out, her heart rate was increasing, her lungs weren’t getting enough air, and the room around her was getting smaller. She crossed her arms and let out a shuddered sigh.

Next to her, Kate noticed her discomfort, laying a hand on her crossed arm. "Are you okay?" she asked quietly.

Elizabeth stated at the floor, barely nodding her head. "Yeah."

"What are you worried about: that John will get hurt, or that John's going to shoot Kenmore?"

She let out a wry chuckle. "Both, unfortunately."

Laura smiled as she put her hands in the back pockets of her jeans. "Don't worry about them. Evan will make sure John doesn't do anything stupid. And in any case, I would think that John would want to see Kenmore suffer after the hell he put him through."

Elizabeth had to shrug in agreement, though the idea still left her unsettled. “I suppose it’s not of any use to wait around here. I'm gonna go for a run."

"By yourself? C'mon, let me come with you," Laura suggested as the coroner began to walk away.

"No, that's okay. I'll call my mom, run over to her house. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

As she walked out, she pulled her Blackberry out and speed dialed her mother.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+

As John slammed the transmission into park on the street outside Kenmore's house, Evan Lorne looked sternly at his partner. "I know this goes without saying, but--"

"Talk first, shoot later?" John joked as he pulled the keys from the ignition.

Evan glared. "John."

John groaned, leaning his head back on the head rest. "I know, Lorne."

"He's gonna get you riled up. He's going to antagonize you. You're not even going to realize you have him in a chokehold until I pull you off."

John smirked. "What, are you suddenly an expert on your predecessor?"

"No," he replied simply. "I know you."

John swallowed this. He chuckled again, rolling his eyes before he tilted his head, regarding his partner. "You got my back?" he asked, raising a fist in the air.

Evan smiled as his fist met John's. "Always."

Behind them, Cameron Mitchell pulled in with Officer Kevin Marks riding shotgun.

John glanced at Lorne. “Showtime.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As she sat on a park bench, Elizabeth searched for her earbuds as she tuned her iPod to a downloaded Podcast from CNN, completely oblivious about the dark van parked at the other exit to the park.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Shawn Walston was tied to a chair in the downstairs basement, hit in the head with the butt of a gun. As the officers cleared the rest of the house, John and Lorne stood in front of him as he groaned in pain.

“Oh, I’m gonna kill him,” Shawn groused as he regained consciousness.

John cocked his head, rubbing his chin. “Your brother, you mean?”

Shawn scoffed. “You must be John Sheppard.”

“Why do you say that?” Evan asked, narrowing his eyes.

“Because Michael’s had it out for you since day one and--”

“Yo, shut up, man!” another hog tied man shouted from the other corner.

“Forget it! He’s going down one way or another, and after what he had me do, I’d like to have a hand in it!” Shawn argued.

Lorne squatted in front of him. “What do you mean, what he had you do?”

“That officer in Florida? Michael -- he told me to off her, or I’d never see my mom again.”

“That’s all it took?” John asked in doubt.

“That and my mother screaming in the background as someone drew blood with a knife.” He shrugged. “My brother had the decency to Skype me and show me the whole thing.”

John grimaced. “Lovely. Nice to know he’s still a dirt eating slime bag.”

“Where’s he at now?” Lorne asked, standing again.

They heard a pair of shoes as someone ran down the stairs. “There’s a vehicle missing from the garage,” Cam reported.

“Which one?” Shawn asked, craning his head.

“Well, not the Bentley, and not the Hummer,” Cameron replied as he rolled his eyes.

Shawn gasped. “The -- oh, this is not good.”

“What?”

“The only one left is the unmarked utility van. That’s the van he used to abduct those women.”

“He didn’t abduct them. Two of them were killed, and a third is still missing,” Lorne responded.

“There’s one more.”

The detectives eyed each other. “No one else has gone missing. What are you talking about, a fourth?” John asked.

“Michael took the van. He said there’s one last woman to take care of. A doctor, works for the city.”

John knelt down and got at eye level with him. “Where is he?”

“Hell if I know. Last thing I remembered is him saying he had to go get the other woman and then me getting hit upside the head.”

Lorne and Mitchell nodded at each other; John, on the other hand, grabbed the captive man by his shoulders and shook him angrily. “Give me a name!”

“Man, I told you already, I don’t know!”

“You’ve been your brother’s puppet from day one,” John accused, not relenting. “He got you to kill that woman in Florida, then used you to abduct and kill the other three here.”

For the first time, Walston’s eyes widened in fear. “No, no, no, you got it wrong. He told me to scare them, that’s all. I didn’t hurt them at all.”

“Then why was your face on a security camera from the scene of the first murder?” Lorne interjected, crossing his arms.

“And why was your DNA underneath the fingernails of victim number two?” Mitchell retorted, adding to the pile of accusations.

“I wasn’t … it’s not!” Walston shouted, shaking his head. “I scared that one lady in the alley, and walked away! I never even saw the others. Michael told me he’d take care of it, that’d I had done enough.”

“’You’d done enough’?” John questioned, starting to stand but using his body weight to throw the chair sideways.

Walston yelped as his head collided with the concrete floor.

Lorne flew to John and held him back. “John! We need him lucid, not to mention alive.”

John shook himself out of his partner’s grip and stood over the curled up man. “Who is it?”

“I told you, I don’t know!” he protested again, eyes darting around.

He chuckled darkly, then knelt down. “You’ve been used, but you’re not innocent. Tell us what you know, and we’ll make sure you aren’t charged as harshly as you should be.”

“You can’t promise that,” Walston replied through gritted teeth.

John cocked his head. “Yeah. You’re right. Okay, change of plan. I’ll make sure you don’t die before trial. Deal?”

Walston nodded his head.

Cameron walked over to John and smacked him on the back of the head. “Smooth, Sheppard.”

His hazel eyes blinked at him, unfazed.

They pulled the chair upright again as Lorne grabbed a rag for the cut on Shawn’s forehead.

“All right. Spill.”

“The third woman that got taken? Michael’s got her stashed in a room at his offices. She was alive, as of this morning.”

“What about the other one? The doctor that works for the city?”

Shawn gulped, starting to hesitate.

Evan saw the worry in his eyes and the impatience in John’s. “If she’s a federal employee,” he informed him, “and you are an accessory, that sentence will be a lot worse than the others.”

“Don’t let your brother use you anymore,” John encouraged after a minute, his eyes meeting up with the brown anxious eyes of the man tied up in front of him. “You’re stronger than that.”

Walston sighed, blinking as he looked at John. “I’m sorry. It wasn’t anything personal … at least, on my account.”

“Walston,” Cameron’s deep voice commanded, “who is your brother about to abduct?”

As soon as his mouth started to form the first syllable, John was already running for the stairs.

“Weir. Elizabeth Weir.”

TBC.

Wow. I wrote that in the last hour. YIPPEE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            damnit how did you know that was the reason i wrote whump fics in the first place! O.o
            Because the rest of us would do the same thing?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I have no christmas gifts to buy, and the one gift that I did have to buy was bought by my sister in the tax-free zone of the airport.

We don't celebrate christmas or any other of these days, so obviously no gift giving either. Kind of sad cause who doesn't like a great (or not so great) gift but still money saved...
            Awww... *hugs*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I had my annual high tea at the Ritz Carlton with a couple of friends today. Very festive. Loved their giant gingerbread house, and we got the table right by the fireplace. Naturally it's 60 degrees here.
            Squee! That sounds like a lot of fun! And rather amusing that you're not having very Christmas-y weather back there. Of course, we've got Santa Ana winds blowing now and temperatures are supposed to be in the low 70s this weekend.

ETA: ShipperWriter! Long time, no see! That is one truly EVIL snippet you've posted. Naughty, naughty.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

For anybody that wants to read the story on FFdotnet and leave a review, here's the link.

Chapter 20 of "ODAD"

Not that I'm desperate for praise, but I'm desperate for praise.

Comment

Squee! That sounds like a lot of fun! And rather amusing that you're not having very Christmas-y weather back there. Of course, we've got Santa Ana winds blowing now and temperatures are supposed to be in the low 70s this weekend.

ETA: ShipperWriter! Long time, no see! That is one truly EVIL snippet you've posted. Naughty, naughty.
                *hugs* Nice to be back! I have a lot of anger bottled up, apparently.

And hey, it's 80 degrees here in Florida. I'm going to the beach tomorrow, after a doctor's appointment.

Anyhow, I should be getting to bed. I didn't get to bed til 1:30 last night because my cat insisted on going outside when I got home and didn't feel like coming back in. I stubbornly waited on him. That's the last time I wait on a man. *smirk*

Later.

Comment

@SK *Narrows eyes* You win this round Kitty Cat.
                  BALCONIES
                  The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

And hey, it's 80 degrees here in Florida. I'm going to the beach tomorrow, after a doctor's appointment.

Anyhow, I should be getting to bed. I didn't get to bed til 1:30 last night because my cat insisted on going outside when I got home and didn't feel like coming back in. I stubbornly waited on him. That's the last time I wait on a man. *smirk*

Later.
                    Being sick near the holidays is definitely not fun. Thanks for the snippet. I needed a new bit of Sparky. Today is my day for the advent calendar, so check on that later.

And everybody tell JT-2 what a great job she has done. This kind of job is not as easy as it might sound.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey...Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Keep gateraid in your thoughts--two 5.8 quakes struck in NZ near Christchurch (again). So far no reports of casualties, so hopefully everything is alright.
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Keep gateraid in your thoughts--two 5.8 quakes struck in NZ near Christchurch (again). So far no reports of casualties, so hopefully everything is alright.
                        Thanks for that info. I haven't been watching the news lately. I hope he's all right.
                        sigpic

Comment

Silly John! Doesn't he realize that when he gets hurt, Lizzeh will come sit by his bedside to give him lots of kisses and make him feel better?
                          Exactly why I love it so much!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Eh... gift giving has its pluses and minuses.

Sounds fancy!! It's warm here too. I wore a sweatshirt into work this morning, and where I live we've usually had some significant snowfall before now.

Later.
                          Nice to see you around! Exciting story snippet!

Being sick near the holidays is definitely not fun. Thanks for the snippet. I needed a new bit of Sparky. Today is my day for the advent calendar, so check on that later.

And everybody tell JT-2 what a great job she has done. This kind of job is not as easy as it might sound.
                          Aww, thanks! Your story will get posted later today when I'm back home. Right now I'm at work, not that there's actually much work getting done by anyone.

Merry Christmas to you too!!

I hope gateraid is ok! They didn't need another earthquake!

Comment

I got onto BBC's website and they said no casualties have been reported, and only 19 people were taken to hospitals. They said these "quakes" are considered aftershocks of the earthquake from September 2010.

gateraid, hope you're okay!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I just got a PM from gateraid over on LJ, so he's fine. I will tell him to get over here and say hello whenever he gets a spare moment.

Quick note on the college football front: Christmas has come early to USC. Matt Barkley is coming back for his senior season! The rest of the Pac-12 is shaking in fear! AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Definitely not easy! JT-2, you are such a trooper for taking this on!

And SR, I'll be keeping an eye out for that fic!

*glomps Eri* Merry Christmas!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I got onto BBC's website and they said no casualties have been reported, and only 19 people were taken to hospitals. They said these "quakes" are considered aftershocks of the earthquake from September 2010.

gateraid, hope you're okay!
                                Thanks for checking! I hope we hear from him soon. Aftershocks from an earthquake over a year ago? Interesting. I know nothing about earthquakes, living where I do.

Completed my final shopping trip. When did it become okay to walk around in stores in your pajamas?

Comment

Working...
                                X