Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    SR: Hey congratulations! Can I come to the wedding?lol
    Sure, but we don't know when it is yet. I'll let you know in time to book a ticket.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday and a most happy welcome back to the prodigal daughter, Probie! Gee, why am I not surprised that your mom wants to see Lorne's butt some more?

Gorgeous new artwork, syfyfan! I especially like how you've got the Sparky kiss in the middle of a rose, great imagery!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      You're welcome.
      That was something that always bugged me. TPTW missed a huge opportuntiry, IMHO, to show more behind the scenes things like they did in Sunday. Radek getting together with the Biology Department to start a vineyard would be a great idea. I could see Kate, if she hadn't been killed off needlessly, Teyla or even one of the scientists teaching a meditation class. Teyla and Ronon would be perfect for teaching survival in Pegasus and self-defense classes for all off-world personnel. Heck those that were musically or theatrically inclined amoung the expedition could have put on concerts or plays just to break up the routine. Even a single line mentioning any of the above would have been great.
      I have always loved those kind of 'slice of life' moments and I am bound and determined to get them into the story as much as possible. Life in Atlantis isn't all about killing Wraith and finding Ancient doohickeys. We've got to see everyone's downtime too. Without the dumbass exploding tumors.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      There are too many relevant quotes above for me to multi-quote them all (yes, yes, lazy I know) as you all raise excellent points.

For me, while I've never seen the Adrift moment as the height of sparkyness, it's one of the hardest to argue against. Most of the others you can brush away as harmless flirting, playful banter or what not. But here, he has an extremely strong reaction, which I can only attribute to the fact that it was Elizabeth. If it were Rodney, Ronon, even Teyla, I could see him reacting like he'd been punched - deep breathing, hunched over - but ultimately sucking it up. Whether we're meant to interpret that as guilt, IDK, but we can safely assume he was close to her.

Maybe part of that reaction is cause and effect too. If, say, the Wraith Queen in Submersion had killed her, I don't think he would have reacted quite the same. That would have been something that 'just happened', rather than a situation that was created, and one which itself created a divide between the two of them.
      I keep remembering all the comments at the time from people who aren't Sparky shippers, saying that John looked like a widower in those scenes in Adrift. If even the non-shippers are seeing it and making favorable about how Joe was portraying Sheppard in those moments, well, you don't get any more obvious than that.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      And re the believability of her death, I'm with Scary Kitty on this. While it isn't realistic that none of the front line team have died (Ford and Ronon aside), from time to time Atlantis itself will be the centre of the action. It certainly was during s1 - TS/TE and Seige II/III spring to mind, not to mention Hot Zone. Carson died (yes, the method was stuuuuupid) on Atlantis, with 30mins of buildup. Don't get me started on Kate though, I posted my thoughts on the other thread. While I was extremely disappointed in the result, Elizabeth being injured wasn't entirely out of the blue. However, I did think it was a bit of a slap in the face that it was done in such a symbolic way - the window? Really? I know a lot of the window shots that included her (and often him too) were to show off the VFX, but really???
      Yeah, really. You said it yourself: It's the symbolism. And it's a pretty good use of it. Brutal, but good.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Very true. It was the deep emotion from those moments in Adrift and also in Lifeline that solidified the idea that John cared deeply for her. Ship or friendship, whatever floats your boat. But he did not hate her or even dislike her or was in the least bit indifferent to her. If that is someone's opinion, then they need to take another look at canon.
      I'd say what they need is to have their head examined, but I suppose I'm just being snarky.

I would point to The Last Man as an illustration of John's reaction to the deaths of each of his team. He's stunned and shocked and sad but in no way reacts more to one than the other or is not able to keep on with the task at hand. He holds them all in his heart. They are family. Look at his face in Reunion when Ronon says he's not coming back to Atlantis.

Spoiler:

That's almost a woobie face. Ronon is his buddy, so it makes him sad that he's losing him. Look at him in The Shrine, moving heaven and earth to save Rodney. Same for Teyla in The Ark, and heck, look at the lengths he went to to save Keller in The Seed. I don't see any difference in any of those. And to be fair, it's not that different with Elizabeth except by degrees. There seems to be more emphasis on his reaction to losing her, getting her back again and losing her for the last time. As a shipper who has been told she is a raving loon for loving Sparky, I wonder why they continued to feed my delusions. It's a puzzlement.
      It is indeed puzzling, my friend. Why keep doing it if they didn't mean it on some level? Methinks TPTW protest too much.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I am truly sorry that I neglected to compliment syfyfan on the beautiful artwork. The Sparky rose is a wonder.

Now I'm about to make some plumber's Christmas a lot merrier. We have a toilet leak that's dripping out of the ceiling below it. Hohoho. Gotta love this company though. They're sending someone right over. And it's not even funny that their name is Flood.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Wow, nice!
          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Gorgeous new artwork, syfyfan! I especially like how you've got the Sparky kiss in the middle of a rose, great imagery!
          I am truly sorry that I neglected to compliment syfyfan on the beautiful artwork. The Sparky rose is a wonder.
          Thank you all
          sigpic

Comment

My plumber looks like Toby Keith. There's gotta be a Sparky comment in this somewhere.
            sigpic

Comment

Sure, but we don't know when it is yet. I'll let you know in time to book a ticket.
              Cool! I will bring some french food

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday and a most happy welcome back to the prodigal daughter, Probie! Gee, why am I not surprised that your mom wants to see Lorne's butt some more?
              Thanks for the "prodigal".

Yes mom wants to see Lorne's butt and dad said "if she can do this, I will check Elizabeth's butt". I said to him he can't. Only Sheepard can do this.lol
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Great. I will tell the bride and groom that you volunteered to cater the wedding. That will save them a lot of money. Whew! Thanks daughter. It will be a small wedding with only about 100 guests. Just to let you know.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the "prodigal".

Yes mom wants to see Lorne's butt and dad said "if she can do this, I will check Elizabeth's butt". I said to him he can't. Only Sheepard can do this.lol
                  Heehee!

Great. I will tell the bride and groom that you volunteered to cater the wedding. That will save them a lot of money. Whew! Thanks daughter. It will be a small wedding with only about 100 guests. Just to let you know.
                  Okay, if Probie gets to cater it, then I'll play sommelier and put together a list of wine pairings. Just as soon as Probie sends me the menu.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
                    Sharing....I made for AFA thread Advent Calender.
                    Spoiler:

And here my new wallie

Wow!!! That's so beautiful! You are so good at making artwork. It makes me very jealous.

Hello to Probie! Nice to see you around.

SR - sorry about your house issues. I can do the music for the wedding. I have a very eclectic set of tunes on my iPod. I'm sure I have stuff they would love.

Uhh, having a crummy few days so I don't have the energy to really say anything. Just wanted to check in and say howdy.

Comment

i don't know if this was asked but i'll ask it anyway: besides Elizabeth, out of Larrin, Teyla, or Nancy, who else could you potentially see john with? if you had to choose which one would be a nice fit for john?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        i don't know if this was asked but i'll ask it anyway: besides Elizabeth, out of Larrin, Teyla, or Nancy, who else could you potentially see john with? if you had to choose which one would be a nice fit for john?
                        Nancy, no question.

Although there's this fictional Mayel person....

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Nancy, no question.

Although there's this fictional Mayel person....
                          speaking of Mayel, am i assuming that atlantis rising will be returning in 2012?

Comment

JT2: Hello! Happy to be back.

You know that french people eat some strange things......Do you want fish or meat?
                            I already know my menu but I have to know your taste.

Heehee!

Okay, if Probie gets to cater it, then I'll play sommelier and put together a list of wine pairings. Just as soon as Probie sends me the menu.
                            No problem

Fran (but with Elizabeth in her) or Elizabeth from "This mortal coil". Technically it's not the real Elizabeth or her real body so it works.lol

Serious answer: I don't know. I see John like a solitary man.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Heehee!

Oh yay! Great news. And include some beer for the groom's heathen male friends for the non-wine lovers.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Wow!!! That's so beautiful! You are so good at making artwork. It makes me very jealous.

Hello to Probie! Nice to see you around.

SR - sorry about your house issues. I can do the music for the wedding. I have a very eclectic set of tunes on my iPod. I'm sure I have stuff they would love.

Uhh, having a crummy few days so I don't have the energy to really say anything. Just wanted to check in and say howdy.
                              Also yay! The bride likes the same kind of music I do, lush strings and romantic vocals. Throw in some country for my family and some of that stuff that sounds like a bad traffic accident for the groom and we're all set.

Nancy, no contest. But Sparky is always #1.

speaking of Mayel, am i assuming that atlantis rising will be returning in 2012?
                              You assume correctly. We have plans. Big plans.

JT2: Hello! Happy to be back.

You know that french people eat some strange things......Do you want fish or meat?
                              I already know my menu but I have to know your taste.
                              Both please so we have a choice, and the bride's sister is a vegetarian. Don't you love weddings?
                              sigpic

Comment

Kate
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X