Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    You're welcome!

If I remember what my dad has said before, the finger tips need to be at the end of your eye brow or tip of your glasses if you don't have a hat on or the tip of the brim if you have a hat on. The saluting arm most also be parallel to the ground as well.

SR, feel free to check with hubby and correct me if I'm wrong.
    Sounds good. And don't forget to have that thumb tucked beside the hand so it doesn't stick out. Here is an excellent site that even has a video. Too bad TPTB hadn't seen this before they had Sheppard salute.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! Not so lazy for me, we're battening down the hatches in preparation for a storm coming in tonight. Whee! I think I may watch The Storm/The Eye tonight just for old times' sake. KOLYAAAAAA!!!!!!

And congratulations to JT-2 on her promotion to Lieutenant Colonel! Wear those silver oak leaves with pride!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      *waves* The keyboard configuration on that thing is way frustrating at times. Like the location of the apostrophe. Have you gotten the update? I admit to being fascinated with the split-the-keyboard function. I won't ever use it, but it's fun to play with.
      Update to iOS 5? Yep. Loving it so far, though I haven't even played with the split keyboard yet. Very happy with the newest update to iBooks. Night mode for the win!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      For anyone interested - my vid is uploaded and you can either watch it in the Claire Rankin/Kate Heightmeyer thread here, or go to youtube and watch there.
      SQUEEEE!!! That is such a beautiful vid! Your love for Kate really shines through.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      That has me thinking of a Torri bobble head doll.

Congrats on the promo. I'd make you a cake but I'd just burn it. Today was one of those days, I overcooked cookies, a ham and a pan of biscuits. I thought something was wrong with my oven but it tests out okay. Just one of those days, I guess. Somehow we managed to choke it all down though.

And Sparky...I love fics where one of both of them are trying to cook. Why does fandom think they are both bad at it?
      'Cause it's funny and we like cooking whump?

Sounds good. And don't forget to have that thumb tucked beside the hand so it doesn't stick out. Here is an excellent site that even has a video. Too bad TPTB hadn't seen this before they had Sheppard salute.
      *bookmarks video for later*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've always liked younger men, except for Mr. SR of course. And John wasn't younger than Lizzie.
        I know, that's why there was "/sarcasm".

Thanks! I would have done it wrong.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! Not so lazy for me, we're battening down the hatches in preparation for a storm coming in tonight. Whee! I think I may watch The Storm/The Eye tonight just for old times' sake. KOLYAAAAAA!!!!!!

And congratulations to JT-2 on her promotion to Lieutenant Colonel! Wear those silver oak leaves with pride!
        Thanks!!

Good luck with your own storm. Hope you don't get as wet as poor Lizzie did.

normal_111_theeye_14.jpg

Comment

Forgot about the thumb. Have to agree about TPTW needing to look at the site. Sheppard and Ford could have used some serious lessons in saluting. They even got salutes right on M*A*S*H most of the time, for crying out loud.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            SQUEEEE!!! That is such a beautiful vid! Your love for Kate really shines through.
            - Thanks.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just read a story about John and Elizabeth not being able to cook:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2719081/...Did_You_Expect

Comment

Oh cuteness! I love playful off duty Sparky.
                sigpic

Comment

AHAHAHAHA! Oh, that's just so darn cute! Especially the impending food fight at the end. Gee, I wonder how they're going to clean up after that? Heheheh...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey there. Just had someone on the whump thread request some kid fic. Any quick links for her?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                      Hey there. Just had someone on the whump thread request some kid fic. Any quick links for her?
                      Eri13's Emma fics are adorable, but I don't have the link and it's not on her ff.net page.

Comment

Eri13's Emma fics are adorable, but I don't have the link and it's not on her ff.net page.
                        Replying to myself. Sad, JT, very sad.

I found Eri13's Emma fics (stalked her a bit.... hope she's not lurking )

Tea Party

Like Father, Like...

To Meet One's Match

Emma is hands down my favorite Sparky kid. She's very John-like, which leads to all kinds of trouble (just like John!).

Comment

Great job! Strey wanted some kid fics. Maybe you could send her the links. She didn't specify who the Mom had to be so I don't know if she likes Sparky.
                          sigpic

Comment

Great job! Strey wanted some kid fics. Maybe you could send her the links. She didn't specify who the Mom had to be so I don't know if she likes Sparky.
                            Sure, I'll post over there with the warning that Elizabeth is the mom.

Comment

If it's kid fic you want, none are better than our own Anuna. Ice Cream is a short one. Lullaby Exercise has John holding an Athosian baby and of course, Of Sunday Fathers and Melted Ice Cream.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon (and rainy here in SoCal) Monday!

Not much going on at the moment, except that it's raining. A lot. Where's my hot cocoa?

Comment

Working...
                                X