Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    They mustn't have had to do that, else she'd be springing backwards and forwards, like an upside down pendulum
    That has me thinking of a Torri bobble head doll.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I saw this quote on Scary Kitty's post and read it was "Plus Torri wouldn't have appreciated being shot in the bum first." I thought "What are these guys talking about now? Inserting Elizabeth into Rodeny's scene in Sateda?"

Sometimes I really wonder what these people (upstairs, in the writers room) were thinking:

[=youtube;hqHyl8VXdb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqHyl8VXdb8[/video]

They throw in a reference to a conversation that the two of them had, in his bedroom, two years ago. A conversation that it's unlikely they would have talked about to anyone else.

Then, he gives her shtick about peaking, followed by her actually peeking, and him giving her a cheeky once-over.

Followed by "yeah, yeah, should be" from her in a way that I can't describe in words because it would probably overstate it, but there is subtext to it. With his words after that, in another show I could see it be followed by head nodding, that fake breathing sound (inhale or exhale, it depends on the user), and someone popping their lips.

If I were writing this (heh, the show would have been cancelled after thirteen eps) the first thing I would have changed is the location. Bedroom scene - this isn't Days Of Our Lives FCOL! Put them in the mess hall. And get rid of that teasing, it makes them sound chummy. And tell them to stop making doe eyes at each other! Who is in charge of continuity - they should be picking up on stuff like that. Do I have to do everything here?

Also, I think there was more dialogue in this scene. The way it is cut together makes it seem, to me at least, that there were extra lines that were cut out. It kinda chops and changes without the appropriate pauses between a subject change that would be present in a normal conversation.
    Very good analysis of that scene. I figure some of the writers cough*Gero*cough were too dense to realize exactly what they were writing.

I only noticed recently how he gives her that once over. You know that wasn't in the script. Apparently the actors just did what they felt was right for the characters.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Perhaps not, but I've still spent a fair amount of time today trying to imagine how Torri would pull off McKay's lines in that scene now.
    I have too! It's really funny.

<snip for length>
    <insert sound of crickets>

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh
    ROTFLMAO!!!
    Last edited by JT-2; 10 December 2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Hey, I'm a Lieutenant Colonel now!

My favorite Sparky video to celebrate:

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Soarkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

On my iPad right now because I'm sitting up watching the lunar eclipse over the western US, so I'm not going to even try to mess with quotes on this thing, but gateraid? You're a madman! (In a good way!)

And now, back to eclipse watching. See you all later!
        I've had a conference with the voices in my head. We've decided village idiot is more appropriate

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        It's like that saying "What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you're saying." TPTB were experts at this. So, it's no wonder some fans were confused. Now the ones who only saw subtext I have no explanation for.

That is the best analysis of that scene I have ever seen. It makes you wonder why they couldn't see all these things that they insist didn't exist, yet if you listen to commentaries you know they did indeed know what they were doing. Yet they would come right out at cons and deny it. Strangely odd and what a way to shake up a fan base and make all of them hate you. Way to go guys. And look how it turned out. Wow. Someone should write a book on how not to put on a TV show.
        Thank you *blushes* It's a wonder they didn't start to say in mid s3 something to the effect of "well, you'll just have to watch the show and see which way it goes (sparky or sheyla)" instead of flat out denying it. Or "we haven't made up our minds yet". They could have gotten another year of non-committment with those answers, lol.

Can't wait. Besides, this thread veers off topic so much it's like a runaway car driven by a drunk blind person. But it always comes back to Sparky.

Funny sort of on topic observation. Today's Washington Post features an article about some Presidential candidates who are using "sparks" in their ads. See, Sparky is everywhere. And some of them are wildly reminiscent of that scene in GUP. LOL
        Knowing politicians, the scene would be:

What were you saying about the economy? I got distracted by all the sparks

I thought you might. You didn't miss anything, I just talked for a while without actually answering your question

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        For anyone interested - my vid is uploaded and you can either watch it in the Claire Rankin/Kate Heightmeyer thread here, or go to youtube and watch there.
        Very moving. Great choice of clips. I love the way it builds and builds. Nice job.
        Iz sad now Stupid PTW *shakes fist*

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        That has me thinking of a Torri bobble head doll.

Very good analysis of that scene. I figure some of the writers cough*Gero*cough were too dense to realize exactly what they was writing.

I only noticed recently how he gives her that once over. You know that wasn't in the script. Apparently the actors just did what they felt was right for the characters.
        Have you noticed the way he wobbles his head as he shifts his eyes back up to her face?

ROTFLMAO!!!
        Poor Rodney - how did he ever land Katie Brown?

WTH? IIRC, I got promoted before you. Mind you, I was well ahead of Scary Kitty at one stage too (a General now ). Congrats on your promotion, Ma'am. I will have to pull a Walter and find a way to promote myself for no reason
        sigpic

Comment

Have you noticed the way he wobbles his head as he shifts his eyes back up to her face?
          I noticed how he shimmies his shoulders in a "look at my muscles" way. And then she puts her arms behind her back to say "I did, now look at my chest".

WTH? IIRC, I got promoted before you. Mind you, I was well ahead of Scary Kitty at one stage too (a General now ). Congrats on your promotion, Ma'am. I will have to pull a Walter and find a way to promote myself for no reason
          I play in the "Fun and Games" section. It boosts your post count quite quickly.

Can I have some cake?

Comment

Poor Rodney - how did he ever land Katie Brown?
            He didn't. Katie landed him.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TViZP...-s-88ztuUHi4nS
              i dont have to call you lieutenant colonel errand girl do i? and very cool vid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                i dont have to call you lieutenant colonel errand girl do i? and very cool vid.

Yes, yes you do.

Just making it clear - wasn't my vid. Just my favorite.

I've never made a video. Right now I'm trying to make some sigs for my whump Secret Santa, only to discover the only idea I've come up with has already been done - BY my recipient!

That's SO not right.

Just made some pie crust. Damn, it sucks. Gonna buy it next time.

Comment

Yes, yes you do.

Just making it clear - wasn't my vid. Just my favorite.

I've never made a video. Right now I'm trying to make some sigs for my whump Secret Santa, only to discover the only idea I've come up with has already been done - BY my recipient!

That's SO not right.

Just made some pie crust. Damn, it sucks. Gonna buy it next time.
                  Congrats on the promo. I'd make you a cake but I'd just burn it. Today was one of those days, I overcooked cookies, a ham and a pan of biscuits. I thought something was wrong with my oven but it tests out okay. Just one of those days, I guess. Somehow we managed to choke it all down though.

And Sparky...I love fics where one of both of them are trying to cook. Why does fandom think they are both bad at it?
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Congrats on the promo. I'd make you a cake but I'd just burn it. Today was one of those days, I overcooked cookies, a ham and a pan of biscuits. I thought something was wrong with my oven but it tests out okay. Just one of those days, I guess. Somehow we managed to choke it all down though.

And Sparky...I love fics where one of both of them are trying to cook. Why does fandom think they are both bad at it?
                    I just burned my dough, so I'm there with you.

As for Sparky not cooking, there was the scene in Irresistible where Lucius says Elizabeth is making him something to eat and John snaps his head around with a startled "What?!"

Comment

My ass! Omg, that's my ass, isn't it?

I think we need to inspect the damage

That we do, son. But strictly speaking, you shouldn't be here

As acting commander of this facility, i respectfully disagree with you

'sooookay carsy, i look at hissss asssssss alll....the.....time
                      rotflmao!!

Before I forget, congrats on the promotion JT-2!! *snaps to attention and playfully offers sketchy salute*
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

It's like that saying "What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you're saying." TPTB were experts at this. So, it's no wonder some fans were confused. Now the ones who only saw subtext I have no explanation for.

That is the best analysis of that scene I have ever seen. It makes you wonder why they couldn't see all these things that they insist didn't exist, yet if you listen to commentaries you know they did indeed know what they were doing. Yet they would come right out at cons and deny it. Strangely odd and what a way to shake up a fan base and make all of them hate you. Way to go guys. And look how it turned out. Wow. Someone should write a book on how not to put on a TV show.
                        After the day I've had (which truthfully was other people's days which merged into my own) I could make love to you right on this laptop for that. I don't know what would be being written by (one of our) the resulting ass imprint, but it'd probably make more sense that anything that comes out of my mouth/head/internet footprint

Inappropriate? Check!

Too much information? Check!

Hoping SR will not find that creepy? Check!
                        sigpic

Comment

I just burned my dough, so I'm there with you.

As for Sparky not cooking, there was the scene in Irresistible where Lucius says Elizabeth is making him something to eat and John snaps his head around with a startled "What?!"
                          I loved that moment. I always wondered what he was more surprised by, that she was cooking or that she was cooking for Lucious. Or was he thinking about how she would never cook for him?

After the day I've had (which truthfully was other people's days which merged into my own) I could make love to you right on this laptop for that. I don't know what would be being written by (one of our) the resulting ass imprint, but it'd probably make more sense that anything that comes out of my mouth/head/internet footprint

Inappropriate? Check!

I haven't had an offer like that in a *looks around for Mr. SR* long time. Not creepy at all. You make perfect sense most of the time, so keep analyzing all you want.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            rotflmao!!

Before I forget, congrats on the promotion JT-2!! *snaps to attention and playfully offers sketchy salute*
                            Thanks! I wouldn't know if your salute was right or wrong. *glances up to heaven where my dad is fuming at me for not knowing that.... Sorry, dad! Uhhhh, go Army!*

Inappropriate? Check!

Do you two need a storage closet?

I loved that moment. I always wondered what he was more surprised by, that she was cooking or that she was cooking for Lucious. Or was he thinking about how she would never cook for him?
                            I've wondered about that too. That episode definitely has a lot of awful, but it does have some cute moments as well.

She told ME she didn't cook. *pout*

I haven't had an offer like that in a *looks around for Mr. SR* long time. Not creepy at all. You make perfect sense most of the time, so keep analyzing all you want.
                            You're turned into Lizzie, going after younger men. /sarcasm.

Comment

Thanks! I wouldn't know if your salute was right or wrong. *glances up to heaven where my dad is fuming at me for not knowing that.... Sorry, dad! Uhhhh, go Army!*
                              You're welcome!

If I remember what my dad has said before, the finger tips need to be at the end of your eye brow or tip of your glasses if you don't have a hat on or the tip of the brim if you have a hat on. The saluting arm most also be parallel to the ground as well.

SR, feel free to check with hubby and correct me if I'm wrong.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Do you two need a storage closet?
                                No thanks, we'll save the closets for Sparky.

You're turned into Lizzie, going after younger men. /sarcasm.
                                I've always liked younger men, except for Mr. SR of course. And John wasn't younger than Lizzie.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X