Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Sparkies here in the US! On this day, let us not forget poor Joe Flanigan, who just can't eat turkey...

[=youtube_share;nfjFbeS4jBU]http://youtu.be/nfjFbeS4jBU[/video]

That video is so adorable. Oh, Joe.

In honor of Thanksgiving Day here in the US, two fic recs.

Atlantis's First Thanksgiving by our own Scary Kitty
    This is Our Festival

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      That video is so adorable. Oh, Joe.

In honor of Thanksgiving Day here in the US, two fic recs.

Atlantis's First Thanksgiving by our own Scary Kitty
      This is Our Festival
      Eeee, thanks for the rec!

That second story is fantastic! It gives such a great sense of family among the characters; that's exactly the kind of feeling we're shooting for in Atlantis Rising.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        I just delivered a smackdown to someone who thinks psychologists are unnecessary (as in, Kate was unnecessary in original expedition). Grrrrr.
        You totally rock it.

I bow to your wisdom and awesomeness!

Oh, that bit of silliness. I can't wait to see what Falcon has to say about it. *evil grin*
        I was the one to set things in motion, I'm afraid. Or it could have been Jelgate's reply to mine. And I got to smack him with my fish ... that was long overdue. We used to do that more often...

Anywho... then the iceman came around with his stupid idea...and I bit my tongue so frakkin' hard I knew I had to get the hell outa dodge... and I pm'd the first person I could think of that wouldn't mind a rant...

Give 'em hell, Anuna!
        And then she went all awesome on him! *snugglesquishes you all for being so unbelievably awesome*
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I hope everyone survived Thanksgiving dinner without going into a food-induced coma and that if you're out braving the Black Friday shopping crowds, you're staying safe and getting some good deals!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I was the one to set things in motion, I'm afraid. Or it could have been Jelgate's reply to mine. And I got to smack him with my fish ... that was long overdue. We used to do that more often...

Anywho... then the iceman came around with his stupid idea...and I bit my tongue so frakkin' hard I knew I had to get the hell outa dodge... and I pm'd the first person I could think of that wouldn't mind a rant...
          Ahhh, I so miss the halcyon days of fish slapping fun!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I love that fish gif! I had to snag it for myself.

*hugs Falcon and Anuna*

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I hope everyone survived Thanksgiving dinner without going into a food-induced coma and that if you're out braving the Black Friday shopping crowds, you're staying safe and getting some good deals!
            I survived! Yesterday was one of those days when you're glad family holidays only come around once in awhile.

I rarely shop (except online) and NEVER on Black Friday. No thanks! My sister works in retail and had to be at work at 10:30pm last night. Frakking insane!

Comment

*waves* Happy Thanksgiving, mandogater! Try not to stuff yourself too much!
              *Waves back* Now were is the fun in that?
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Those were awesome captions, Gateraid, Falcon, JT-2!! I couldn't stop grinning.

Comment

I survived! Yesterday was one of those days when you're glad family holidays only come around once in awhile.
                  Heh! That's true!

I rarely shop (except online) and NEVER on Black Friday. No thanks! My sister works in retail and had to be at work at 10:30pm last night. Frakking insane!
                  10:30? That's just nuts!

I'm less and less enamored with shopping every time I have to go out and do it. So normally, I go in with a specific purchase in mind, get it and get out. I soooo love online shopping.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  *Waves back* Now were is the fun in that?
                  Well, I suppose if you don't mind feeling a little too bloated from all the food...

Comment

I had my first-ever Thanksgiving dinner yesterday! :^D
                    My buddy in NY I'm staying at hosted his own dinner for his friends and he invited me too. Helped him prepare the food and all :^p
                    Yesterday they were telling stories of people getting trampled at Macey's during Black Friday previous years, so I stayed far away from shops today. The weather was good, so I just went for a stroll in Central Park. Love that place. And now I prepped a pasta with all the left-over veggies from yesterday :^p

About tri-con last week: I ended up missing Torri's and Jason's panel because I was in line for autographs :^(
                    And I had already payed for the autographs, so I couldn't skip out on them.
                    In between autograph lines I had like 5 minutes to jump into Torri's panel and take a few quick pictures, but that's it, saw nothing more :^(
                    That also means that my pictures of Torri won't be so awesome this time around. Good thing I already saw her at so many cons this year :^p
                    Still was bumped out that I missed both those panels though :^(
                    But when I get my pics online, I'll let you guys know anyway as there are some of Paul too. And in case people are interested in Farscape, Eureka or Warehouse 13, I have tons of pictures from those actors :^p

Sig by me

Comment

*leaves leftover pies for everybody*....hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving....

Comment

Welcome, mad_gater! Thanks for the pies!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        My buddy in NY I'm staying at hosted his own dinner for his friends and he invited me too. Helped him prepare the food and all :^p
                        Yesterday they were telling stories of people getting trampled at Macey's during Black Friday previous years, so I stayed far away from shops today. The weather was good, so I just went for a stroll in Central Park. Love that place. And now I prepped a pasta with all the left-over veggies from yesterday :^p
                        Food sounds yummies! I always avoid Black Friday shopping. It's even better now that online shopping is so much easier.

About tri-con last week: I ended up missing Torri's and Jason's panel because I was in line for autographs :^(
                        And I had already payed for the autographs, so I couldn't skip out on them.
                        In between autograph lines I had like 5 minutes to jump into Torri's panel and take a few quick pictures, but that's it, saw nothing more :^(
                        That also means that my pictures of Torri won't be so awesome this time around. Good thing I already saw her at so many cons this year :^p
                        Still was bumped out that I missed both those panels though :^(
                        But when I get my pics online, I'll let you guys know anyway as there are some of Paul too. And in case people are interested in Farscape, Eureka or Warehouse 13, I have tons of pictures from those actors :^p
                        Heh, that's why I stuck to just the Stargate con. Darnit, if I'd known you were going to be splitting your time between all three cons, I would've brought my camera anyway and tried to get some pics. BTW everyone, Torri looked gorgeous! I'm gonna have to post my photo op pic and the con report soon. But I got to meet Kris and Torrealis, which made this con extra special for me. We really are going to have to all try to go to a con together (hopefully one with Joe and Torri!).

Comment

Well, I suppose if you don't mind feeling a little too bloated from all the food...
                          Growing up, people used to joke I had a hollow leg since they couldn't figure out how I could pack away as much as I did.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            *leaves leftover pies for everybody*....hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving....
                            Welcome mad_gater. Stick around and join in the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              Growing up, people used to joke I had a hollow leg since they couldn't figure out how I could pack away as much as I did.
                              I suppose that's the best explanation for how I was able to eat so much yesterday. Though I suppose that could just be because I had a light lunch early.

Comment

Hey, you're an honorary American now.

Heh, that's why I stuck to just the Stargate con. Darnit, if I'd known you were going to be splitting your time between all three cons, I would've brought my camera anyway and tried to get some pics. BTW everyone, Torri looked gorgeous! I'm gonna have to post my photo op pic and the con report soon. But I got to meet Kris and Torrealis, which made this con extra special for me. We really are going to have to all try to go to a con together (hopefully one with Joe and Torri!).
                                That's awesome that you guys all got to meet each other!

Yes, I want your con report!!

Someday I would love to go to a con too.

I suppose that's the best explanation for how I was able to eat so much yesterday. Though I suppose that could just be because I had a light lunch early.
                                I'm going to make an extra chocolate chip cookie pie because I only got 1 slice this year. That's so fundamentally wrong!! My sister-in-law screwed up the squash pies so everyone ended up eating MY pie instead. *stomps foot*

Comment

Working...
                                X