No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watching those princess bride clips especially the last one, made me imagine John going:
    "My name is Lt. Col. John Sheppard. You Killed my wife/lover/girlfriend (whatever she is to John). Prepare to DIE."

Comment

One more post before bedtime.

You must all read these two recently posted stories, like, now.

Not Prince Charming by Scotius

thirty seconds and a half a heartbeak by failegaidin

Both are gorgeous fix-it fics.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I always thought about the opposites attract idea with Keller/Ronon. Which makes me a terrible hypocrite because that's one of my many objections to Sheyla. I think in Jason and Jewel's case though, they have good chemistry and being close in age, would have worked well in a relationship.
        It's one of those weird things though. On paper, they sound like extreme opposites. I'm going to spoil this section because it relates to BSG and I know some people here haven't seen til the end of it but

Spoiler:

Roslin and Adama were polar opposites in s1. In the pilot, he held nothing but contempt for her. Looking at some of the web stuff, before I watched the show, I did not understand how people actually shipped them. Yet, they made something out of it. Boy, did they ever. Part way through s2, they turned the 'opposite' thing into a plus for the ship. I almost anti-shipped them, in the sense that anything I would've ordinarily taken as massive shipping points was practically dismissed (to the extreme of during s4's Sine Qua Non, I was practically 'WTF' when Adama said he couldn't live without her. Bastard. And damn her for being willing to wipe out the crew of the Gallactica in order to avenge him).

So yeah, while we can talk about opposites and what not, I think it still comes back to actor chemistry. Some have it, some don't. Plus writing of course. And while McKeller had lots of screentime, it had considerably more (IMO) than most in order to make it work *shrugs*

At least a few I'd say. I hope Joe doesn't remember me. Or David for that matter.
        Babe, you're unforgettable. You'd have made an impression

Okay, now that's just wrong. You have indeed misjudged that movie. The title is very misleading. Would it help if I say that it's one of Mr. SR's favorite movies also? There's action and snark and action and humor and action and great dialogue and romance.
        Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        I actually was in a similar situation to him as far as the Princess Bride. I think I've heard the "Have fun storming the castle" thing many times but never seen the original reference. I think there's a part of me that just figures the Princess Bride would be similar to uh the Princess Diaries.
        That's what I thought too. It seemed a bit like comparing Twilight with The Vampire Diaries. Oh, wait......

Uh, no. They're not even from the same universe.

Okay, for those who haven't seen the movie, check these out. And there are more on YouTube also. Now you'll know where we get the "wuv twoo wuv" line also.

Spoiler:
        I've seen the marriage ceremony before, but the rest are new to me. I'll have to add it to my watch list. So, six months from now I will probably watch it

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        You know, I've seen plenty of people make that argument but it really depends on what you most enjoy out of a show. There are some shows where I enjoy the entire show as a whole so when cast members change I'm not greatly affected. M*A*S*H is a good example of that. While I prefer some cast members to others, the show in general is what I enjoy.

But with Atlantis, what I loved above all else was the Elizabeth character. Now I love John (and Rodney, etc) but if I were to turn the TV on and see season 5 then I doubt I would have been interested. The character of Elizabeth sparked (pun intended) my imagination.

I watched S1-3 plus the Elizabeth episodes on youtube (shh!) and then bought the S1-3 DVDs. I had no desire to watch any more. I don't think that's being childish of me. My greatest source of enjoyment on the show was taken away. I knew from the Elizabeth-lite episodes from S1-3 that I wasn't that invested without her.
        I think M*A*S*H is quite a different show from SGA though. Maybe it's because of my level of investment in the characters, I don't know. Frank, Henry, Radar, Trapper all 'left', but because of the way the show was structured, it wasn't such a big deal. Now, if Hawkeye had gone, that would've been different (unless they created an 'equal' character). Sometimes replacing the secondary lead 'revitalises' the lead character. this didn't appear to be the case with SGA.

Only a few weeks until Christmas break!
        STFU. Don't make me take back 'liking' you

Oh, what difference a little chemistry makes.
        I wouldn't know about that. Sometimes I can pick it, sometimes i can't

As a fan of both those movies, let me agree with SR - they could not be more different.
        Soooo......not like the Vampire Diaries then?

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        Actually I think I've seen one or two of those scenes before just by themselves. In fact back in High School I think I saw a couple of them acted out in certain (possibly theater or drama) classes. I guess it's a piece of popular culture that just sort of passed me by.
        Don't feel bad. When everyone else was raving about Pulp Fiction, I went with a group of friends and I fell asleep during it (there were some hilarious bits in it, but in general I thought the movie was tedious). Nearly all of us thought it was boring. Yet when we watched it again.....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          watching those princess bride clips especially the last one, made me imagine John going:
          "My name is Lt. Col. John Sheppard. You Killed my wife/lover/girlfriend (whatever she is to John). Prepare to DIE."
          Plot bunny!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Babe, you're unforgettable. You'd have made an impression
          That's what I'm afraid of.

I've seen the marriage ceremony before, but the rest are new to me. I'll have to add it to my watch list. So, six months from now I will probably watch it
          Do you like Monty Python? It's more like that than any others I can think of.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Have fun storming the con!!! Can't wait for the details.
            Con has been stormed. A good time was had by all. And OMG, my photo op with Torri is so CUTE!!!!!! SQUEEE!!!!

Trip report to come as soon as I can get my notes typed up in some semblance of order.

One more post before bedtime.

You must all read these two recently posted stories, like, now.

Not Prince Charming by Scotius

thirty seconds and a half a heartbeak by failegaidin

Both are gorgeous fix-it fics.
            *flails and runs around the room in circles* Gorgeous is right! Those are heartbreakingly wonderful!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            Oooooh, that just sent shivers down my spine. Nice!

Plot bunny!
            Heh! This! And hopefully without Elizabeth actually being dead. You know, that might actually work if John were ever to confront Oberoth again. Hmmm....
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Just getting ready to head out to the train station for the trek South. I'll try to check in depending on the WiFi situation. Keep the light burning and have fun.
              sigpic

Comment

Just getting ready to head out to the train station for the trek South. I'll try to check in depending on the WiFi situation. Keep the light burning and have fun.
                Yay, train trip! Kick back, relax and enjoy the scenery!

We'll try not to burn down the forum while you're gone!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Yay, train trip! Kick back, relax and enjoy the scenery!

We'll try not to burn down the forum while you're gone!
                  Now, lets not go making promises we can't keep!!

Have fun SR
                  sigpic
                  Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Waiting in the train station. Crying baby right on schedule.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                      Now, lets not go making promises we can't keep!!

Have fun SR
                      Well, I did say "try." So that leaves us some wiggle room.

Waiting in the train station. Crying baby right on schedule.

Comment

I got zero sleep last night. I'm too old for this.

Some stimulants from Carson would do the trick right now.

Gotta get on topic.....

Comment

I got zero sleep last night. I'm too old for this.

Some stimulants from Carson would do the trick right now.

Gotta get on topic.....

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...s/the-eye1.png
                          I'd certainly call that photo stimulating. It's so cute when they mirror each other!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            I'd certainly call that photo stimulating. It's so cute when they mirror each other!
                            Yes, and look at his expression! They are so cute with their flirting.

Going to try sleeping. Hopefully goodnight to you all!

And safe trip to SR. Hope the baby stopped crying.

Comment

*runs in*

Hey!

Miss me? No/Yes [strike whichever is not applicable]

*runs out*

*skids to a halt*

For a challenge I did on LJ - match a saying with a screencap. It's utterly stupid but it works for this cap.

*runs out*

*peeks back in*

Going to disappear some more.

Bye!
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                *runs in*

Hey!

Miss me? No/Yes [strike whichever is not applicable]
                                Miss you? Hell yes!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                *runs out*

*skids to a halt*

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...%206/4_SGA.jpg

For a challenge I did on LJ - match a saying with a screencap. It's utterly stupid but it works for this cap.

*runs out*

*peeks back in*

Going to disappear some more.

Bye!
                                Stupid? Feh, you know how John feels about clowns.

Don't be a stranger!

Comment

Working...
                                X