Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yeah, I don't recall John ever seeming all that concerned when Elizabeth went on missions, either. Now, when bad stuff started happening during those missions *cough*Progeny*cough* he always started sneaking those worried looks at her and using that soft voice, but he never really objected to her going in the first place. He knows she's a big girl and can take care of herself.
    Progeny - oh you mean that time when both Ronon and Teyla combined weren't strong enough to dislodge Niam from Elizabeth, yet John could (with a manly roar)? And then asked if she was alright with a soft concerned voice and looked all freaked out? Or how he kept glancing at her concernedly after her time travel trip? Yeah, good times.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    This theme is quite nice, but let's move on to a fic about those naughty Genii. Atlantis's First Thanksgiving
    I love that story!!

No, you probably don't want to know, but I'll most likely rant about it anyway.
    Spoiler:
    We're taking the auto train to FL, so I can pack as much as I can stuff in the car. We have 5 days in the Miami area, then a slow drive back up to here, stopping along the way in Gainesville, Savannah, and Raleigh. The weather will get progressively colder, so we need appropriate clothing.
    Auto train?

Yeah, I saw that. Love the rugged look he has in this. Won't comment on the underwear model lovely co-star though.
    Or her outfit. Won't comment on that either. (And yes, I'm a hypocrite for drooling over Joe's outfit while mocking the female's. I know, I know.)
    Last edited by JT-2; 16 November 2011, 08:24 AM. Reason: Owning up to my hypocrisy

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Progeny - oh you mean that time when both Ronon and Teyla combined weren't strong enough to dislodge Niam from Elizabeth, yet John could (with a manly roar)? And then asked if she was alright with a soft concerned voice and looked all freaked out? Or how he kept glancing at her concernedly after her time travel trip? Yeah, good times.
      Yes, yes, and yes. Good times, indeed!

I love that story!!
      Hee! Thank you! I really like it too. I still think sometimes about possibly expanding it into the full-blown AU rewrite of the series I had originally considered, but I'm having too much fun with other fandom projects at the moment and will probably never get to it.

Auto train?
      Amtrak's Auto Train.

Or her outfit. Won't comment on that either. (And yes, I'm a hypocrite for drooling over Joe's outfit while mocking the female's. I know, I know.)
      At least Joe's costume wasn't a walking wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. (as much as we might wish that it was)
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hahahah! I was asking for that, wasn't I? I'm still quite pleased with how well that one came out. *preens*

Yay, train trip! Hey, I like trains. Have lots of fun, and hopefully no nasty weather will plague you on the drive home.

Heh! But yes, that beat-up leather jacket and all-around scruffy look suits him so well. *swoons*
        And what you can't see in that pic is the way his shirt dips in the front to show off an impressive amount of regrown manly chest hair.

I love that story!!

Auto train?

SK loves trains. I should have known she would know about the auto train. And the best part is that the northern terminus is about 5 miles from my house.

Speaking of the auto trip, I'm gonna need a bigger car.

Yes, yes, and yes. Good times, indeed!

Hee! Thank you! I really like it too. I still think sometimes about possibly expanding it into the full-blown AU rewrite of the series I had originally considered, but I'm having too much fun with other fandom projects at the moment and will probably never get to it.

Amtrak's Auto Train.

At least Joe's costume wasn't a walking wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. (as much as we might wish that it was)
        If you're a hypocrite, raise your hand. Anyway, I see she was voted the "sexiest woman in the world." Google "Kelly Brook" and click on "images" if you don't believe me. Guys better sit down. So naturally she would get to work with the sexiest man, even if it's unofficial. Stupid press.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And what you can't see in that pic is the way his shirt dips in the front to show off an impressive amount of regrown manly chest hair.
          RAWR.

SK loves trains. I should have known she would know about the auto train. And the best part is that the northern terminus is about 5 miles from my house.
          5 miles? Oh that is sweet!

Heh, I guess I should appoint myself the thread's train expert, eh?

Speaking of the auto trip, I'm gonna need a bigger car.

If you're a hypocrite, raise your hand. Anyway, I see she was voted the "sexiest woman in the world." Google "Kelly Brook" and click on "images" if you don't believe me. Guys better sit down. So naturally she would get to work with the sexiest man, even if it's unofficial. Stupid press.
          Yeah, what the heck? Bradley Cooper? If you're going in for the 'cute pretty boy' look, sure. But he is, as I said, a boy. If you want a SEXY MAN, then Joe is where it's at. Stupid press, indeed.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

OT Rant

Spoiler:
            Boy have I had an interesting day and I've only been up for two hours. First I get a text from my sister that she and the watse of human flesh she has been dating are appearently over for good. Now, while I'm doing my happy dance around the house getting ready for work, I get a call saying they don't need me anymore. While I'm realing from that an eviction notice gets taped to the front door. After making a call about that, I look at it closer and realize the idiot put it on the wrong door. I wonder what else I can expect to happen today.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              OT Rant

Spoiler:
              Boy have I had an interesting day and I've only been up for two hours. First I get a text from my sister that she and the watse of human flesh she has been dating are appearently over for good. Now, while I'm doing my happy dance around the house getting ready for work, I get a call saying they don't need me anymore. While I'm realing from that an eviction notice gets taped to the front door. After making a call about that, I look at it closer and realize the idiot put it on the wrong door. I wonder what else I can expect to happen today.

OMG, you better go back to bed. Sorry for all your troubles.
              sigpic

Comment

OT Rant

Spoiler:
                Eeeek! I'm with SR, that definitely sounds like a 'go back to bed' kind of day. Sorry to hear things aren't so good right now. *hugs*

Comment

Eeeek! I'm with SR, that definitely sounds like a 'go back to bed' kind of day. Sorry to hear things aren't so good right now. *hugs*
                  *Hugs back*

While I may ended up taking your's and SR's advice, I'm leaning towards watching the rest of World War II 360 on DVD and doing some thinking drinking while I plot my next job hunting adventure. Green for anybody who can tell me the actor and movie the thinking drinking line is from.

Comment

*Hugs back*

While I may ended up taking your's and SR's advice, I'm leaning towards watching the rest of World War II 360 on DVD and doing some thinking drinking while I plot my next job hunting adventure. Green for anybody who can tell me the actor and movie the thinking drinking line is from.
                    You got me on the line, but the drinking sounds like a good idea. I just paid a dryer repairman $175 to replace my totally clogged vent hose. Yes, that is a simple chore my husband could have done with a lot of cursing. Then I got a call from some young woman trying to sell me a "I've fallen and I can't get up alert system." I just ran up and down the basement stairs about 5 times dealing with the repair guy and didn't fall once. Beyotch! *waves cane*

Now stop that laughing. You, over in the corner lurking, I see you. You just wait.
                    sigpic

Comment

*Hugs back*

I'm drawing a blank on the thinking drinking line too, but the WWII in HD idea sounds great. *more hugs*

You got me on the line, but the drinking sounds like a good idea. I just paid a dryer repairman $175 to replace my totally clogged vent hose. Yes, that is a simple chore my husband could have done with a lot of cursing.
                      $175? Geeze, what a ripoff for something so simple!

Then I got a call from some young woman trying to sell me a "I've fallen and I can't get up alert system." I just ran up and down the basement stairs about 5 times dealing with the repair guy and didn't fall once. Beyotch! *waves cane*

Now stop that laughing. You, over in the corner lurking, I see you. You just wait.
                      *tries to stifle laughter*

*fails miserably*

Comment

Oh good grief.

Yeah, what the heck? Bradley Cooper? If you're going in for the 'cute pretty boy' look, sure. But he is, as I said, a boy. If you want a SEXY MAN, then Joe is where it's at. Stupid press, indeed.

OT Rant

Spoiler:
                        Yikes! I hope your day got better!!

You got me on the line, but the drinking sounds like a good idea. I just paid a dryer repairman $175 to replace my totally clogged vent hose. Yes, that is a simple chore my husband could have done with a lot of cursing. Then I got a call from some young woman trying to sell me a "I've fallen and I can't get up alert system." I just ran up and down the basement stairs about 5 times dealing with the repair guy and didn't fall once. Beyotch! *waves cane*

11.gif

4.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the warm wishes everybody.

More Ranting and the answer to my trivia challenge

Spoiler:
                          Now get this, the people that own the apartments want me to put the eviction notice on the right door. How nice of them is that?

The thinking drinking line is said by John Wayne in McLintock.

Comment

I quite heartily recommend that fic. And since it's Screw the Angst day, let me also recommend SR's I Get Misty.

Here's another fanon thing that I've even seen in 2 of the Stargate books that I don't think I've seen any canon proof of existing - that John doesn't like it when Elizabeth goes on a mission, due to fear for her safety. I've seen that in tons of fics and also in the books "Mirror, Mirror" and "Casualties of War". But I don't remember any canon example of that.
                            It's one of those things that strikes me as a really fanfic idea because of....

<snip>
                            Yeah, I don't recall John ever seeming all that concerned when Elizabeth went on missions, either. Now, when bad stuff started happening during those missions *cough*Progeny*cough* he always started sneaking those worried looks at her and using that soft voice, but he never really objected to her going in the first place. He knows she's a big girl and can take care of herself.
                            ....that. Sure, he looked out for her, but then so did they all. Look at Epiphany - when the creature attacks, the others automatically shield Weir. Heck, even Everett did the same when the city was attacked.

The idea of him not liking her going on missions at all really irks me in fanfic, because it's not borne out on the show, at least not externally. The only time she went out on a first contact mission (I'm excluding Submersion because it was on Lantea) was in Progeny, and his reaction was pretty much just a shrug.

That said, one could make a solid case for him being 'concerned' for her safety in general

This theme is quite nice, but let's move on to a fic about those naughty Genii. Atlantis's First Thanksgiving

No, you probably don't want to know, but I'll most likely rant about it anyway.
                            Spoiler:
                            We're taking the auto train to FL, so I can pack as much as I can stuff in the car. We have 5 days in the Miami area, then a slow drive back up to here, stopping along the way in Gainesville, Savannah, and Raleigh. The weather will get progressively colder, so we need appropriate clothing.

Yeah, I saw that. Love the rugged look he has in this. Won't comment on the underwear model lovely co-star though.
                            Underwear model This movie sounds AWESOME!!!

OT Rant

Spoiler:
                            OMG, you better go back to bed. Sorry for all your troubles.
                            ITA. This is not the start of a good day

Oh, and I've been a bit busy lately. Here's me at work

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Underwear model This movie sounds AWESOME!!!
                              *snort* Yeah, it sounds great. You googled her, didn't you?

ITA. This is not the start of a good day

Oh, and I've been a bit busy lately. Here's me at work

Spoiler:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32745[/ATTACH]
                              Does that blur mean you are busy? We miss you around here.
                              sigpic

Comment

*snort* Yeah, it sounds great. You googled her, didn't you?
                                Googled, ogled, yes miss. I recognise her, but not by name. Based on the only movie I've seen her in, I don't think it's a stretch to say she was not hired for her acting ability.

Does that blur mean you are busy? We miss you around here.
                                All my phones tend to do that. I think it's because they get dirty. The image might also be a little distorted due to it being taken in a mirror, which was surprisingly difficult to achieve without blocking out my head. Are they still called wifebeaters when they're black? We call them singlets. Sleep seems to be at a premium lately, although the job isn't physically draining, merely time consuming, hence my lack of posting of late
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X