Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Oh yeah, another fanon thing.

John went to see Elizabeth's mother after the events of Lifeline and/or This Mortal Coil.

There's in canon support of this idea with him going to see Ford's cousin in Intruder.

I've seen this idea referenced in a million fics, and it's an idea I support.
    Because that's a fanon thing that makes sense. I just thought of one. I'd like to think he kept the pot. After all, they couldn't send it to earth. In fact, I used to look for it in scenes in his quarters. How pathetic is that?
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Because that's a fanon thing that makes sense. I just thought of one. I'd like to think he kept the pot. After all, they couldn't send it to earth. In fact, I used to look for it in scenes in his quarters. How pathetic is that?
      That's a good one! I can totally see him doing that.

Can you imagine the squee that would have went down if they'd shown that in his quarters? *sigh* *grumbles at TPTW*

Comment

Round one of secret project completed and we win. Phew.
        Eh? Do tell.

I want to know NOW!
        Heheheh...

Oh yeah, another fanon thing.

John went to see Elizabeth's mother after the events of Lifeline and/or This Mortal Coil.

There's in canon support of this idea with him going to see Ford's cousin in Intruder.

I've seen this idea referenced in a million fics, and it's an idea I support.
        I totally support this one too. He did the family visit for Ford, he did the message to Sumner's family in Letters From Pegasus... He would absolutely visit Elizabeth's mother. *nods firmly*

YES! Gee, do you think we could slip that into SGA Rising?

That's a good one! I can totally see him doing that.

Can you imagine the squee that would have went down if they'd shown that in his quarters? *sigh* *grumbles at TPTW*
        I think the resulting squee might have rocked the Earth off its axis.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Eh? Do tell.
          If you can have your Rising secrets, then I get to have mine too.

I totally support this one too. He did the family visit for Ford, he did the message to Sumner's family in Letters From Pegasus... He would absolutely visit Elizabeth's mother. *nods firmly*
          Exactly!! *nods*

Tee-hee!

Oh yeah, one more that I got from one of SR's fics...... John and Elizabeth discussed War and Peace with each other. That one really seems logical to me.

Comment

Tee-hee!

Oh yeah, one more that I got from one of SR's fics...... John and Elizabeth discussed War and Peace with each other. That one really seems logical to me.
            Absolutely. *nodnod*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by sobeckst View Post
              Oh my gosh this is my first time to the Gateworld forums.. and I think I've already found my favorite Thread<3 <3
              Welcome to the warm and wonderful world of Sparky, sobeckst!!
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

*nods firmly as well*

Please slip it into Rising that John kept the pot. A scene were he gives it back to her would be totally awesome.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Eh? Do tell.

Heheheh...

Exceeelllleeennnttt idea. I definitely want that to happen.

Exactly!! *nods*

Tee-hee!

Oh yeah. I like that fic but rereading my own fics is an exercise in frustration at why I missed so many errors. It's called, oddly enough, War and Peace if you haven't read it. I even managed to work in Kanaan.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah. I like that fic but rereading my own fics is an exercise in frustration at why I missed so many errors. It's called, oddly enough, War and Peace if you haven't read it. I even managed to work in Kanaan.
                    I quite heartily recommend that fic. And since it's Screw the Angst day, let me also recommend SR's I Get Misty.

Here's another fanon thing that I've even seen in 2 of the Stargate books that I don't think I've seen any canon proof of existing - that John doesn't like it when Elizabeth goes on a mission, due to fear for her safety. I've seen that in tons of fics and also in the books "Mirror, Mirror" and "Casualties of War". But I don't remember any canon example of that.

Comment

I quite heartily recommend that fic. And since it's Screw the Angst day, let me also recommend SR's I Get Misty.

Here's another fanon thing that I've even seen in 2 of the Stargate books that I don't think I've seen any canon proof of existing - that John doesn't like it when Elizabeth goes on a mission, due to fear for her safety. I've seen that in tons of fics and also in the books "Mirror, Mirror" and "Casualties of War". But I don't remember any canon example of that.
                      Thanks for the recs. Some of my fics were just crack that wouldn't go away. LOL

I think that scenario is a wish we all had. I didn't realize it was in 2 of the tie-in books. Sweet. But since we know none of those books are canon, it doesn't count for much.

Now back to packing for vacay. Must find a larger bag for my shoes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        *nods firmly as well*

Please slip it into Rising that John kept the pot. A scene were he gives it back to her would be totally awesome.
                        Exceeelllleeennnttt idea. I definitely want that to happen.
                        *plots and plans*

Heeheehee! Oh, those are great ones! And then there's the crackfic to end all crackfics, SR's Brain Damage! Hmm, we seem to be following a theme here...

Yeah, I don't recall John ever seeming all that concerned when Elizabeth went on missions, either. Now, when bad stuff started happening during those missions *cough*Progeny*cough* he always started sneaking those worried looks at her and using that soft voice, but he never really objected to her going in the first place. He knows she's a big girl and can take care of herself.

Thanks for the recs. Some of my fics were just crack that wouldn't go away. LOL

I think that scenario is a wish we all had. I didn't realize it was in 2 of the tie-in books. Sweet. But since we know none of those books are canon, it doesn't count for much.

Now back to packing for vacay. Must find a larger bag for my shoes.
                        Indeed.

Anyway, have fun on your vacay! And a separate bag for your shoes? Oh dear, do I want to know? LOL!

Comment

Did you see the pictures out from Joe's new project? One of them has the woobie face. Wonder what that will be about? I always think of Elizabeth when Joe shows that face.

Spoiler:

Comment

Did you see the pictures out from Joe's new project? One of them has the woobie face. Wonder what that will be about? I always think of Elizabeth when Joe shows that face.

Hmm, I wonder if that's the moment
                            Spoiler:
                            that his character finds out he's got six years to live.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

*plots and plans*

Heeheehee! Oh, those are great ones! And then there's the crackfic to end all crackfics, SR's Brain Damage! Hmm, we seem to be following a theme here...

Yeah, I don't recall John ever seeming all that concerned when Elizabeth went on missions, either. Now, when bad stuff started happening during those missions *cough*Progeny*cough* he always started sneaking those worried looks at her and using that soft voice, but he never really objected to her going in the first place. He knows she's a big girl and can take care of herself.

Indeed.

Anyway, have fun on your vacay! And a separate bag for your shoes? Oh dear, do I want to know? LOL!
                              This theme is quite nice, but let's move on to a fic about those naughty Genii. Atlantis's First Thanksgiving

No, you probably don't want to know, but I'll most likely rant about it anyway.
                              Spoiler:
                              We're taking the auto train to FL, so I can pack as much as I can stuff in the car. We have 5 days in the Miami area, then a slow drive back up to here, stopping along the way in Gainesville, Savannah, and Raleigh. The weather will get progressively colder, so we need appropriate clothing.

Yeah, I saw that. Love the rugged look he has in this. Won't comment on the underwear model lovely co-star though.
                              sigpic

Comment

This theme is quite nice, but let's move on to a fic about those naughty Genii. Atlantis's First Thanksgiving
                                Hahahah! I was asking for that, wasn't I? I'm still quite pleased with how well that one came out. *preens*

No, you probably don't want to know, but I'll most likely rant about it anyway.
                                Spoiler:
                                We're taking the auto train to FL, so I can pack as much as I can stuff in the car. We have 5 days in the Miami area, then a slow drive back up to here, stopping along the way in Gainesville, Savannah, and Raleigh. The weather will get progressively colder, so we need appropriate clothing.
                                Yay, train trip! Hey, I like trains. Have lots of fun, and hopefully no nasty weather will plague you on the drive home.

Yeah, I saw that. Love the rugged look he has in this. Won't comment on the underwear model lovely co-star though.
                                Heh! But yes, that beat-up leather jacket and all-around scruffy look suits him so well. *swoons*

Comment

Working...
                                X