Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I forgot to respond to this. You're right about that. If some of the comments directed towards the men were directed towards the women I'd be uncomfortable with it. Wow, huge double standard there. *iz ashamed of herself*

Of course it doesn't help that fandom is made of more women than men. This thread is surprisingly 50/50 but the rest of GW certainly isn't. Just another reason why we're awesome.

For our female thunkers:

Spoiler:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32652[/ATTACH]

Obviously John likes her too....

Will respond when brain starts working again.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hi guys. I'm in charge of the Sparky Advent this year.

I posted about it in the J/E comm here: http://john-elizabeth.livejournal.com/1473515.html

The entries are stored for future prosperity here Sparky Advent.

If you can sign up for any day(s), that would be great. Anything is great - drabble, art, icons, etc. Doesn't have to be any big deal. It's just a fun thing to give us all a present for each day before Christmas.

(Subtext - JT pleads, PLEADS for you to sign up for something. She doesn't know why she agreed to do this and is afraid it's going to die a quick death in her hands. She's also concerned that she's talking about herself in third person.)

JT I would love to do something (Art based - it's the only thing I'm halfway good at! ) for your Sparky-Advent but I don't have a LJ - any way around that??

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      RL sucks!! Looks like I missed a bit while I was visiting the parents. On the up side, I did just get hired today!!!!!

Madness reigns you totally hit it out of the park with those two!!!
      Thanks Mandogater And congrats on the hiring

Happy belated birthday Madness reigns!!!!
      Thank you (again)
      sigpic
      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

firstly, mando, madness happy belated birthday to ya both

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        @ gateraid

You have a point about the thunk-talk... ...yet, personally I have a problem with that sort of talk whichever gender it deals with.

But besides the thunking there are other things still possible... and yet... I'm not doing them seeing as how talking to myself gets really lonely in the end... and in here they are woefully OT so yeah... excuse me while I go and disappear for a while again...
        I would also have a problem with that type of talk on GW. The odd comment, sure, but if that was the general tone, then somewhere else would be more apt.

As for the talking to yourself thing, I feel for you, I really do. I'd go on those threads and post, but I'm simple, so aside from what I really think (aforementioned ploughing comment) there's not really too much I could add.

Wasn't there a GW interview where Torri said we'd be shocked and something really big was coming - and she was talking about Paul's exit? That leads me to believe that Paul's happened first. I think Joe was just confused. He doesn't obsess like I we do. I don't have a first grasp on work things that happened 4 years ago.

Oh yeah, and Torri said she was told after the last scene of First Strike. I remember that from her audio novel (which was excellent by the way - love the sound of her voice).

Anyway, the most important part of this - the part that is true unless you think Joe is a big fat liar - is that he wanted her to stay. As much as he wanted Paul to stay. As Paul said "if it's ain't broke, don't fix it."
        That's my impression too, although I'm really only a casual GW member. I thought Carson's exit was a surprise to everyone, because it resulted from the end of an unpredictable episode. I also thought Torri was told after the season had wrapped.

Happy Birthday to Madness reigns!!

I know how you love David, so here's McKay in the middle of a Sparky sandwich.

(clearly November is a special month to be born in )
        which one of you wants to be the recipient of my magic fingers?

Note Shep's expression at this suggestion, and Weir's blatant ignoring of said question

I forgot to respond to this. You're right about that. If some of the comments directed towards the men were directed towards the women I'd be uncomfortable with it. Wow, huge double standard there. *iz ashamed of herself*

Of course it doesn't help that fandom is made of more women than men. This thread is surprisingly 50/50 but the rest of GW certainly isn't. Just another reason why we're awesome.

For our female thunkers:

Spoiler:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32652[/ATTACH]

Obviously John likes her too....

The first two I've only ever seen you post. That second one, ummmm, plough

Hi guys. I'm in charge of the Sparky Advent this year.

I posted about it in the J/E comm here: http://john-elizabeth.livejournal.com/1473515.html

The entries are stored for future prosperity here Sparky Advent.

If you can sign up for any day(s), that would be great. Anything is great - drabble, art, icons, etc. Doesn't have to be any big deal. It's just a fun thing to give us all a present for each day before Christmas.

(Subtext - JT pleads, PLEADS for you to sign up for something. She doesn't know why she agreed to do this and is afraid it's going to die a quick death in her hands. She's also concerned that she's talking about herself in third person.)
        Gateraid would sign up but Gateraid knows that nothing would be finished in time. Btw JT-2, the voices in Gateraid's head say that referring to one's self in that manner is A-OK

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        LOL @ sockpuppets possibility. Somehow I always forget to consider that option. I doubt single views can be seen, because it's on ff net, and obviously the fic isn't mine. I'll PM you the link so you can check out yourself.
        Add me to the sockpuppet list if it's not too much trouble please
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
          Thanks Mandogater And congrats on the hiring
          You're welcome and thanks. Hopefully this one will work out better than the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            firstly, mando, madness happy belated birthday to ya both
            Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              It's not full now. I thought about that number as well, but even that doesn't explain the phenomenon, because there's simply better stuff out there than this. Or perhaps I am underestimating the sheer number of immature teenage girls with photoshop skills and too much time on their hands, who read this. LOL.
              I think you may be onto something.

RL sucks!! Looks like I missed a bit while I was visiting the parents. On the up side, I did just get hired today!!!!!

Madness reigns you totally hit it out of the park with those two!!!
              CONGRATULATIONS TO SR Jr.!!!!

I wish them both all the happiness in the world!!
              Thanks and congrats to you on the new job.

Thanks. Can't help it anyway, smart women are just hotter.
              That's what Mr. SR says.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! Ahahahahah! And in the spirit of screwing the angst, I offer a triple fluff bomb of Sparky cuteness with a trio of drabbles posted to my LJ! Those on my flist have already seen it and commented; I'm just spreading the love to everyone here.

That's my impression too, although I'm really only a casual GW member. I thought Carson's exit was a surprise to everyone, because it resulted from the end of an unpredictable episode. I also thought Torri was told after the season had wrapped.
                It's my understanding that she was told after she wrapped her final scene for FS, but there was still some additional filming for that episode yet to be done with some of the other cast.

Note Shep's expression at this suggestion, and Weir's blatant ignoring of said question
                *dies laughing* OMG!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Okay Sparkies, here's the present I alluded to yesterday. This comes with mega thanks to KrisRussel. Try watching it without waving your hands in the air and swaying back and forth with a big grin on your face. Go on. I dare you.

The fullscreen option doesn't seem to work. So if you want to watch that way, you can go here. There is also a much smaller version here, but the quality is pretty poor.

sigpic

Comment

SR that is probably the most fantastic thing I have seen in a long time. Love it
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

SR that is probably the most fantastic thing I have seen in a long time. Love it
                      And I thank you. iPhoto made it easy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the new job, mandogater!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Okay Sparkies, here's the present I alluded to yesterday. This comes with mega thanks to KrisRussel. Try watching it without waving your hands in the air and swaying back and forth with a big grin on your face. Go on. I dare you.

The fullscreen option doesn't seem to work. So if you want to watch that way, you can go here. There is also a much smaller version here, but the quality is pretty poor.

http://vimeo.com/31854513
                        SR, that's epic awesomeness with a cherry on top! BFFs FOREVER!!!!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Congrats on the new job, mandogater!

SR, that's epic awesomeness with a cherry on top! BFFs FOREVER!!!!
                          Heh. Thanks a ton. It was a labor of love. I made Mr. SR watch it. He had some interesting comments about chemistry.

Off to bake apple zucchini bread.
                          sigpic

Comment

So I'm afraid GW is gonna eat my messages, so I'll break up my replies.

Congrats on getting hired!!

Thanks. Can't help it anyway, smart women are just hotter.
                            I like the way you think.

JT I would love to do something (Art based - it's the only thing I'm halfway good at! ) for your Sparky-Advent but I don't have a LJ - any way around that??
                            I was hoping you'd ask. Sure, there is!! I'm not sure if you can post anonymously on that thread (I'll check) but if you can't I can always post it for you. I have a lot of people fighting for the later dates. If you want to take an earlier one (or two) I'd be your best friend.

Comment

Heh. Thanks a ton. It was a labor of love. I made Mr. SR watch it. He had some interesting comments about chemistry.
                              I'll just bet he did!

Off to bake apple zucchini bread.
                              Ohhh, I'll bet a warm piece of that bread with a bit of butter and a mug of hot tea would be lovely. Darnit, you're making me hungry now!

Comment

ROTFL!! Oh gateraid, I've missed your naughty captions.

The first two I've only ever seen you post. That second one, ummmm, plough

Gateraid would sign up but Gateraid knows that nothing would be finished in time. Btw JT-2, the voices in Gateraid's head say that referring to one's self in that manner is A-OK
                                Oh well, as long as the voices in our heads agree with each other then we're great!!

http://vimeo.com/31854513
                                Really, really nice!!
                                Wait, what is this obvious chemistry that you're speaking of?

Comment

Working...
                                X