Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    *high five back* It's working for me in Firefox also.

Just found this. What is it? Oh, just proof of how much Joe valued Torri and wanted her to stay.

There's one thing I'm not sure on there. He mentions Paul's exit coming after Torri's. Is this because of the order in which they filmed the episodes (seems unlikely), a mental flub on his part, or were they told earlier than the end of the season? Is this like the two stories of Rachel's announcement (the main one, where she told them part way through the season, or the one on her website that says she told them before the season started)?

SQUEEEE!!!! I have an announcement. I'm going to be a mother in law. SR Jr. is proposing to Miss M tonight. He has a ring and flowers and everything and is waiting for her to get home from work so he can surprise her. *tickled pink*

That is, assuming she says yes.

And yeah, how many times is this now that Joe has said at a con that Torri should have stayed and that they made a mistake to let her go?
    Congrats Just don't ever fall into the category of 'the dreaded mother-in-law'. Not that you're likely to, of course

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    99,99% is male thunking if you go by the most active threads... which leaves 0,01% for the female characters and even that is still 99,99% too much of an estimate. ... and I'm sure my math skills, or lack thereof, just shone through...
    It's might also be down to what one can and cannot say on GW. For some reason, people would get offended if I said "Teyla has a great rack". One can hint at that sort of stuff, but not come right out and say it. There's more that could be discussed on the male threads, I would imagine. I've not met a girl (or a gay guy) that wasn't a big talker, which is probably why the male thunk threads are more popular. The female thunk threads would get shut down when some guy points out the obvious and says "I'd really like to plough her". Maybe I'm stereotyping too much here
    sigpic

Comment

@ gateraid

You have a point about the thunk-talk... ...yet, personally I have a problem with that sort of talk whichever gender it deals with.

But besides the thunking there are other things still possible... and yet... I'm not doing them seeing as how talking to myself gets really lonely in the end... and in here they are woefully OT so yeah... excuse me while I go and disappear for a while again...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Congrats on the new position as MIL!!

Let the pre-wedding chaos commence...
        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Party in the thread tonight!! [ATTACH=CONFIG]32645[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]32646[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]32647[/ATTACH]

http://www.wondercliparts.com/congra...graphics_1.gif
        Oh yeah, one more thing.........

Now SR, don't be one of those horror MILs I've heard about.

Any children they might have someday will be the bestest English students out there! Can't you picture it. The kid comes home weeping.. "Grandma used her red pen on my birthday card."

*hugs*

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...tis/siege1.png
        Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        YAY for you and your expanding Family!!!!!!!! http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2.../smilies/9.gif
        Oh gosh. Thanks everybody. I'll pass along your good wishes. They said when they called to tell her parents, they heard her brother yell "It's about time." in the background. LOL

They're having a small wedding sometime next year, so we won't be doing the bridezilla/momzilla thing. Remind me that I said that.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        There's one thing I'm not sure on there. He mentions Paul's exit coming after Torri's. Is this because of the order in which they filmed the episodes (seems unlikely), a mental flub on his part, or were they told earlier than the end of the season? Is this like the two stories of Rachel's announcement (the main one, where she told them part way through the season, or the one on her website that says she told them before the season started)?
        I caught that too. I think it was just a brain freeze on Joe's part. Or maybe it just seems like Torri was gone longer. Or with Paul coming back in S4, maybe he's just genuinely confused. No wonder.

Congrats Just don't ever fall into the category of 'the dreaded mother-in-law'. Not that you're likely to, of course
        You can help keep me straight.

It's might also be down to what one can and cannot say on GW. For some reason, people would get offended if I said "Teyla has a great rack". One can hint at that sort of stuff, but not come right out and say it. There's more that could be discussed on the male threads, I would imagine. I've not met a girl (or a gay guy) that wasn't a big talker, which is probably why the male thunk threads are more popular. The female thunk threads would get shut down when some guy points out the obvious and says "I'd really like to plough her". Maybe I'm stereotyping too much here
        This brings up a very interesting point. We have always had several men on here. What is it about Sparky that attracts male shippers? I mean, Torri is a beautiful, intelligent woman, but you can't say her physical attributes are the first thing you notice. Obviously you guys are just smart. *grin*
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

She said yesssssss!
          WHOO HOO!!!!! Congratulations to you and your expanding family! This calls for some champagne, methinks...

Oh yeah, one more thing.........

Now SR, don't be one of those horror MILs I've heard about.

Any children they might have someday will be the bestest English students out there! Can't you picture it. The kid comes home weeping.. "Grandma used her red pen on my birthday card."

*hugs*

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...tis/siege1.png

Oh gosh. Thanks everybody. I'll pass along your good wishes. They said when they called to tell her parents, they heard her brother yell "It's about time." in the background. LOL

They're having a small wedding sometime next year, so we won't be doing the bridezilla/momzilla thing. Remind me that I said that.
          *snickers* Will do. *salutes*

I caught that too. I think it was just a brain freeze on Joe's part. Or maybe it just seems like Torri was gone longer. Or with Paul coming back in S4, maybe he's just genuinely confused. No wonder.
          That's probably it. It all happened a few years ago now, I imagine some of the details may have gotten blurred or confused. But, judging from the tone of Joe's comments, not the really important ones.

This brings up a very interesting point. We have always had several men on here. What is it about Sparky that attracts male shippers? I mean, Torri is a beautiful, intelligent woman, but you can't say her physical attributes are the first thing you notice. Obviously you guys are just smart. *grin*
          I've wondered that, myself. Sparky is certainly a ship that both sexes can agree on. Who'd have thought?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

She said yesssssss!
            YAY!!! Congrats

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            Magic sparkly Sparky people I bring one more gift whilst the mood takes me

Enjoy
            Pretty!! I'm glad my pictures inspire so much lovely art.

I think Torri's exit was announced before Paul's (with the crew and actors at least).
            It's something I remember reading or hearing somewhere.
            But my memory is not that trustworthy, so it's possible I'm wrong ;^)

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              YAY!!! Congrats

I think Torri's exit was announced before Paul's (with the crew and actors at least).
              It's something I remember reading or hearing somewhere.
              But my memory is not that trustworthy, so it's possible I'm wrong ;^)
              Thanks again for all the congrats. My son is the lucky one. Oh, and her name is Meredith. How's that for an SGA tie in? LOL

You may be right on the timing. There has been so much said over the last few years about all this, it's impossible to keep it straight. It also doesn't help that false statements are being made when people who have talked directly to Torri know better. Plus, I think that when the decision to drop both her and Paul was first made, all the fact weren't clear and even the cast didn't know everything. What they are saying now is what's important. So anything you hear that contradicts what was said just a few weeks ago is obviously old news.
              sigpic

Comment

Wasn't there a GW interview where Torri said we'd be shocked and something really big was coming - and she was talking about Paul's exit? That leads me to believe that Paul's happened first. I think Joe was just confused. He doesn't obsess like I we do. I don't have a first grasp on work things that happened 4 years ago.

Oh yeah, and Torri said she was told after the last scene of First Strike. I remember that from her audio novel (which was excellent by the way - love the sound of her voice).

Anyway, the most important part of this - the part that is true unless you think Joe is a big fat liar - is that he wanted her to stay. As much as he wanted Paul to stay. As Paul said "if it's ain't broke, don't fix it."

Comment

Happy Birthday to Madness reigns!!

I know how you love David, so here's McKay in the middle of a Sparky sandwich.

(clearly November is a special month to be born in )

Comment

Let's get the important stuff out of the way first.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MADNESS REIGNS!!!!

Wasn't there a GW interview where Torri said we'd be shocked and something really big was coming - and she was talking about Paul's exit? That leads me to believe that Paul's happened first. I think Joe was just confused. He doesn't obsess like I we do. I don't have a first grasp on work things that happened 4 years ago.

Oh yeah, and Torri said she was told after the last scene of First Strike. I remember that from her audio novel (which was excellent by the way - love the sound of her voice).

Anyway, the most important part of this - the part that is true unless you think Joe is a big fat liar - is that he wanted her to stay. As much as he wanted Paul to stay. As Paul said "if it's ain't broke, don't fix it."
                    Indeed, you are so correct. The details are irrelevant. The fact is that Joe said he wanted her to stay and he made it very clear to the producer. *points at sig*

I was browsing around LJ looking at more con pics and reading people's comments. I ran across one by non-Sparky shippers that just made my heart swell. Someone said it was good to see Joe and Torri together again. They went on to say how relaxed and happy he looked and attributed it to his being around people that he enjoyed being with. It shows, doesn't it? From the comfort Paul and Joe have with teasing each other unmercifully to his genuine affection and respect for Torri.
                    sigpic

Comment

I forgot to respond to this. You're right about that. If some of the comments directed towards the men were directed towards the women I'd be uncomfortable with it. Wow, huge double standard there. *iz ashamed of herself*

Of course it doesn't help that fandom is made of more women than men. This thread is surprisingly 50/50 but the rest of GW certainly isn't. Just another reason why we're awesome.

For our female thunkers:

Spoiler:

normal_111_theeye_14.jpg

Obviously John likes her too....

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and Happy Birthday to Madness reigns! Bring on the cake!

Spoiler:

Thanks again for all the congrats. My son is the lucky one. Oh, and her name is Meredith. How's that for an SGA tie in? LOL
                        Oh, that's just too funny!

You may be right on the timing. There has been so much said over the last few years about all this, it's impossible to keep it straight. It also doesn't help that false statements are being made when people who have talked directly to Torri know better. Plus, I think that when the decision to drop both her and Paul was first made, all the fact weren't clear and even the cast didn't know everything. What they are saying now is what's important. So anything you hear that contradicts what was said just a few weeks ago is obviously old news.
                        And as Joe himself said, those in charge stopped talking to him, and to the rest of the cast. No wonder it's taken them some time to sort things out for themselves.

And stay full time, too. *nods sagely*

Indeed, you are so correct. The details are irrelevant. The fact is that Joe said he wanted her to stay and he made it very clear to the producer. *points at sig*

I was browsing around LJ looking at more con pics and reading people's comments. I ran across one by non-Sparky shippers that just made my heart swell. Someone said it was good to see Joe and Torri together again. They went on to say how relaxed and happy he looked and attributed it to his being around people that he enjoyed being with. It shows, doesn't it? From the comfort Paul and Joe have with teasing each other unmercifully to his genuine affection and respect for Torri.
                        Ah, it makes me feel so good to see that we aren't the only ones who noticed it.

I forgot to respond to this. You're right about that. If some of the comments directed towards the men were directed towards the women I'd be uncomfortable with it. Wow, huge double standard there. *iz ashamed of herself*

Of course it doesn't help that fandom is made of more women than men. This thread is surprisingly 50/50 but the rest of GW certainly isn't. Just another reason why we're awesome.
                        Indeed. We're an equal opportunity ship!

*squeals at the last one in particular* What? It's Lizzeh's birthday present!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I love it when non-shippers make comments like that!
                          But no wonder! You should have seen the smiles on their faces when Joe and Torri entered the con (together) on Sunday morning. And the rest of the day they were all jokes and jibes (even though Torri didn't have a decent voice). They really were like best-buddies who hadn't seen each other in ages and were making up for lost time.
                          It really was pretty awesome to witness

Sig by me

Comment

Happy Birthday to Madness reigns!!

I know how you love David, so here's McKay in the middle of a Sparky sandwich.
                            http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...e-i-sleep2.png

(clearly November is a special month to be born in )

Let's get the important stuff out of the way first.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MADNESS REIGNS!!!!
                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and Happy Birthday to Madness reigns! Bring on the cake!

Thank you everyone

And congratulations SR

Thank you for taking such amazing pictures for us to work with
                            sigpic
                            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                              Thank you for taking such amazing pictures for us to work with
                              You're welcome!
                              And before I forget: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Sig by me

Comment

You're welcome!
                                And before I forget: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!
                                Thank you
                                sigpic
                                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Working...
                                X