Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Well, if you are a fan who was glad when she left, then you probably wish Joe would shut up. And then you had Paul M at the con teasing them in such a way that you know he was very very Sparky oriented. And from what I hear, the audience reaction at the con was no less than thunderous. So they got the message that Sparky was popular.

Also, I don't recall that Joe spoke up and announced his preference for any particular pairing for him, so we'll take his tacit approval as gospel. What? Others do it. Why can't we?
    Just like the others do it, so shall we. *nods* The man has said it so himself. Tacitly, but he did.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      SPARKY-SANDWICH!!!!

Or more accurately - Joe Flanigan (wearing the most awesome T-shirt ever), me (the filling) & Torri Higginson (being as beautiful as ever):

And for more Joe F & Torri H enjoyment (don't mind the geek with the SGA vest):

And on a sidenote -> Carson, the turtle, met Paul McGillion (yet again, ignore the geek on the side):

More autographs and images - see here.

Also, I posted some con-images on Saturday I think - I'm about to break those links as I'm reorganizing that folder. My apologies for the inconvenience.
      What great photos! Looks like so much fun.
      PS - read someone had an issue with the skull on the shirt so he changed shirts at some point? I think it's awesome!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
        PS - read someone had an issue with the skull on the shirt so he changed shirts at some point? I think it's awesome!
        Indeed, someone did indeed have an issue with the skull on his shirt, and asked him to cover it up. He didn't change shirts until later that afternoon, cause all the way through the panels he was wearing that T-shirt. It's a real human skull, completely set with diamonds. Forgot the artist's name but I do remember he said if you wanted one, you'd have to cough up 25 million pounds for it, cause that's how much it went for.

I totally love the shirt...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          You know, what SK, said. About Joe's shippyness or lack of it. Either way or either way. You know what I mean. What matters is that a) he knew it was there and b) he acted on it, so we could get all those delicious Sparky moments we've got - some of them due to the performance power of Joe and Torri combined, and some solely thanks to Joe. I simply don't understand the afns who don't appreciate him and everything he's done after Torri had left.
          No kidding! Joe is a freaking amazing actor and a terrific person in general. Anyone who's nutty enough to criticize him just for being himself is just... Well, I'd better not say it, because I'd probably get modded.

Well, if you are a fan who was glad when she left, then you probably wish Joe would shut up. And then you had Paul M at the con teasing them in such a way that you know he was very very Sparky oriented. And from what I hear, the audience reaction at the con was no less than thunderous. So they got the message that Sparky was popular.

Also, I don't recall that Joe spoke up and announced his preference for any particular pairing for him, so we'll take his tacit approval as gospel. What? Others do it. Why can't we?
          Here, here! That sounds perfectly fair to me! If they get to do it, then we get to do it. Simple as that.

But I sure don't want Joe to shut up. On the contrary, I'd like to see him go shout it from the rooftops.

Yeah, I heard about the "batteries" comments. Somebody needs to tell them that Elizabeth kept them in the jar John gave her. I think they would both love that.
          Next to the mints, eh?

SPARKY-SANDWICH!!!!

Or more accurately - Joe Flanigan (wearing the most awesome T-shirt ever), me (the filling) & Torri Higginson (being as beautiful as ever):

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...y_sandwich.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...iHigginson.jpg

]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/FalconHorus/Conventions/Halfway%20Convention%202011/Autographs/JoeFlanigan.jpg

And on a sidenote -> Carson, the turtle, met Paul McGillion (yet again, ignore the geek on the side):

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...lMcGillion.jpg

Also, I posted some con-images on Saturday I think - I'm about to break those links as I'm reorganizing that folder. My apologies for the inconvenience.
          Eeeeee, I'm loving the photos! You and Torri look so cute together! *flails in glee* Carson the Turtle is just too adorable for words, and I'll bet he was glad to finally meet Paul.

Just like the others do it, so shall we. *nods* The man has said it so himself. Tacitly, but he did.
          Yup, yup.

WTF? Someone complained about Joe's shirt? How rude! No one tells The Flan what he can and can't wear!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks, I just came in to post those. I found this part very interesting:

Joe I wanted Torri to stay. I made it very clear, and then the producer stopped telling me things… it’s true.
            Torri Really?
            Joe But the thing is, when Paul’s exploding tumor came along… I just threw my hands up and I realized that we – I think that the whole point was to me, as an actor feel vulnerable. That was an important thing for them to make us feel. I think that with the two changes they made it hit. We were like; you know… we know there are these fans that love these characters so why are they doing this? So it wasn’t logical. So if it would, it would be kinda spooky.
            Paul I think everyone wanted Torri to stay. Am I right? Yes. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, you know.
            Torri What I said earlier… I think that they had some idea on having a civilian run a military operation and they liked the idea then. I think that once they got into it all, writing 40 episodes a season instead of 20 episodes a season, and not change a lot of people in the offices, so their workloads doubled. And I think that they didn’t quite know how to fulfill her… I was saying… I was frustrated with what Weir was reduced to, I thought, you’re not realizing she’s … you’re introducing this character for a reason so why not let them explore those reasons? Explore that concept of having a civilian instead of a military. And I think that they didn’t have the time perhaps, or the passion that something… they didn’t use that concept and it became hard to fit her in. So I became sort of a day player. I understood it after they told me what was happening, I tried to understand because I’d rather, as an actor, be here and be working, than be just sitting in the background typing. Which is kinda where they pushed her to a little bit.
            I begged them from season 1 to explore the relationship between Rachel’s character and mine. I thought it was a male’s world and it would be these two women learning from each other. And I thought it would be great if Weir went to Teyla and said; ‘Okay we’re now living in a dangerous place and I don’t know how to defend myself. I don’t wanna be someone who has to be taken care of, I’m a leader, I could be fighting.’ So they sort of missed an opportunity that they could have had, to embrace the idea of action and that would have been an interesting journey.
            Joe I think they missed an opportunity… they missed a lot of opportunities in that regard. For example, Torri and Rachel could have had this whole thing and I could have walked in…
            Paul Or Dr. Beckett…
            Paul There were so many changes, but let’s be honest, let’s get to the fun part. We had so much fun on the seasons of Atlantis, we had a lot of good laughs on the show and in some way for an actor… you’re playing cops and robbers in space you know. So every week it’s a different planet to go to, and different things to explore and different guests coming to the show so there was a lot of fun. At least I did.
            Joe Also though, and I’m said this to Torri before and I’ll say it again, You always felt like you weren’t doing enough. Because we were running around on different planets and stuff, but the truth is, when you broke it down and saw the episode, your presence was really powerful and your screen time was almost the same as ours. So you know, I know that it felt like that because she would come in and shoot and she’d be done in two days. Because she’s in one set, so it’s very easy to shoot. Our stuff we were shooting in a bunch of different locations. So… it never translated like that though.
            Torri I just wanted to be part of the team!
            Joe She wanted to go out and play.

So, it sounds like they were as frustrated as we were and wanted her to be a part of the team.
            I have to agree with all of this. Lots of opportunities where missed by TPTW.
            Can't remember if I've said this before or not but removing/killing Elizabeth cut the soul out of the show, IMHO.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

SPARKY-SANDWICH!!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Great photos!!! Looks like you had a total blast!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                WTF? Someone complained about Joe's shirt? How rude! No one tells The Flan what he can and can't wear!
                They didn't complain, they took issue with it. It does jump out quite a bit. To each its own, and hey JF himself said he would never do anything that would make his three kids go "What the hell is Dad doing now?" (unfortunately that came right after he said he wouldn't want to kiss another guy - in a sense I took issue with that comment, not with the not kissing another guy, but to each their own).

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Great photos!!! Looks like you had a total blast!!!
                You should have seen me jump around after the Sparky-Sandwich... bouncing like a lemming on a sugarrush.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hello everyone yet again :^)
                  I'm still sorting through my pictures (I need more time, Why I no can buy time?!?) but I hope to be able to put them online somewhere this week.

Scanned in these a few days ago and just needed to share them :^D
                  Still get giddy when I see them!!

The Sparky sandwich!!!! And yeah, I also kinda totally love it that both Joe and I are wearing a skull on our tshirt :^p
                  duo.jpg

With the Atlantis trio! Originally they were positioned as: Joe, guest, Torri, Paul. But I could not have that! So I kindly asked if Torri could stand next to Joe and if I could stand in between Joe and Paul. Sparky needs to stand together :^p
                  trio.jpg

Also, thanks to everyone for the kind comments on the pictures I have already posted and thanks for the amazing artwork it already produced!! Makes me even prouder to be a Sparky!!

*hugs for all*

Sig by me

Comment

You should have seen me jump around after the Sparky-Sandwich... bouncing like a lemming on a sugarrush.
                    Interesting imagine.

Comment

Another massively long post. Hey, it's not my fault you people were wordy while I was working today!

Saw these on twitter (@FlanInfo), a pretty detailed con report on LiveJournal from toomuchfandom:
                      http://toomuchfandom.livejournal.com/653745.html
                      http://toomuchfandom.livejournal.com/653400.html
                      http://toomuchfandom.livejournal.com/653200.html
                      This is what still annoys me about SG, the fans could see it, the actors themselves could see it, why was it so hard for the writers to get with the program?
                      Thanks for sharing that with us!! And yes, I totally agree with you on that sentiment. *sigh* I think they stopped making a show for the fans and made it for themselves. Well, businesses don't work like that. You make your product for a consumer who has the choice on whether to buy the product. Yes, artists are slightly different but let's be honest - if you don't want to be a poor artist then you still make things that will have consumer appeal.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      It's nice to see that Joe thought Torri's presence was as powerful as theirs even if she wasn't as doing as much.

Although, when he said "Torri and Rachael could have had this thing going and I could have walked in" was he talking about a self defense lesson or... making another dirt joke?
                      Well, my mind immediately went to the dirty thought but then it usually does.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
                      As I understand it, hacking the machine voids the warranty. Don't know how well that would go over.
                      Well, crap again. But thanks for the idea lizabeth39!!

This. And it's really too bad, because the show would've been so much better if the producers had simply followed Rule #1 of any successful business: Give your customers what they want and don't piss them off.
                      Yeah, what you said.

A few quick icons, now that I seem to have figured out the system. Nothing artistic, but they are the right size. Ripe for the taking if you so wish.

Spoiler:

I snagged one!! Eventually I'll pick an avatar and stick with it but not just yet.

They're gorgeouuuuusssssss!!!!!!

JT, I'm sorry I missed your birthday! Happy brithday, girl! I'll do my best to have something for you ASAP.
                      You'd better. LOL!! Thanks

See my new icon for my reaction to that one.

Yeah, I heard about the "batteries" comments. Somebody needs to tell them that Elizabeth kept them in the jar John gave her. I think they would both love that.

And I just pre-ordered the DVD... It's a sparky con. Must keep that in the archives.
                      Did it mention anything about region codes?

SPARKY-SANDWICH!!!!

YAY!! Lovely pics!!! I'm still laughing about what Torri wrote. You have permanent evidence of having shared germ cells with Torri.

I'm with you! I think that shirt is really cool!

hampster-dance.gif

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                      I'm still sorting through my pictures (I need more time, Why I no can buy time?!?) but I hope to be able to put them online somewhere this week.

The Sparky sandwich!!!! And yeah, I also kinda totally love it that both Joe and I are wearing a skull on our tshirt :^p
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]32607[/ATTACH]

With the Atlantis trio! Originally they were positioned as: Joe, guest, Torri, Paul. But I could not have that! So I kindly asked if Torri could stand next to Joe and if I could stand in between Joe and Paul. Sparky needs to stand together :^p
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]32608[/ATTACH]

Also, thanks to everyone for the kind comments on the pictures I have already posted and thanks for the amazing artwork it already produced!! Makes me even prouder to be a Sparky!!

*hugs for all*
                      SQUEE!!! Thanks for posting. Your pics came out great too!

Comment

Indeed, someone did indeed have an issue with the skull on his shirt, and asked him to cover it up. He didn't change shirts until later that afternoon, cause all the way through the panels he was wearing that T-shirt. It's a real human skull, completely set with diamonds. Forgot the artist's name but I do remember he said if you wanted one, you'd have to cough up 25 million pounds for it, cause that's how much it went for.

I totally love the shirt...
                        The pics were great. I'm jealous that you got yours personalized.

I love the skull shirt. It's so very Joe.

*hugs for all*
                        Great pics. That is the perfect filling for a Sparky sandwich. Love the way you got between the guys and left Torri and Joe next to each other.

And everyone should know that in addition to her con squee, Kris has managed to get 3 chapters of Evolution posted this week. If you haven't read the last one, check it out.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I imagine that must've been the Mother of All Sugarrushes.

*hugs for all*
                          Yeehaw! Those pics are GREAT! ZOMG, SPARKY SANDWICH FOR THE WIN!!!

Ahem.

Thanks for all the great reporting from the con, as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing you in LA in a couple of weeks!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm sorry, I've been reading on and off what you've been saying about the con of awesome. I'll have to go back and have a decent read through when I have more time. Thank you to everyone who was there, for all of the amazing pics and stories

Thanks, I just came in to post those. I found this part very interesting:

Joe I wanted Torri to stay. I made it very clear, and then the producer stopped telling me things… it’s true.
                            Torri Really?
                            Joe But the thing is, when Paul’s exploding tumor came along… I just threw my hands up and I realized that we – I think that the whole point was to me, as an actor feel vulnerable. That was an important thing for them to make us feel. I think that with the two changes they made it hit. We were like; you know… we know there are these fans that love these characters so why are they doing this? So it wasn’t logical. So if it would, it would be kinda spooky.
                            Paul I think everyone wanted Torri to stay. Am I right? Yes. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, you know.
                            Torri What I said earlier… I think that they had some idea on having a civilian run a military operation and they liked the idea then. I think that once they got into it all, writing 40 episodes a season instead of 20 episodes a season, and not change a lot of people in the offices, so their workloads doubled. And I think that they didn’t quite know how to fulfill her… I was saying… I was frustrated with what Weir was reduced to, I thought, you’re not realizing she’s … you’re introducing this character for a reason so why not let them explore those reasons? Explore that concept of having a civilian instead of a military. And I think that they didn’t have the time perhaps, or the passion that something… they didn’t use that concept and it became hard to fit her in. So I became sort of a day player. I understood it after they told me what was happening, I tried to understand because I’d rather, as an actor, be here and be working, than be just sitting in the background typing. Which is kinda where they pushed her to a little bit.
                            I begged them from season 1 to explore the relationship between Rachel’s character and mine. I thought it was a male’s world and it would be these two women learning from each other. And I thought it would be great if Weir went to Teyla and said; ‘Okay we’re now living in a dangerous place and I don’t know how to defend myself. I don’t wanna be someone who has to be taken care of, I’m a leader, I could be fighting.’ So they sort of missed an opportunity that they could have had, to embrace the idea of action and that would have been an interesting journey.
                            Joe I think they missed an opportunity… they missed a lot of opportunities in that regard. For example, Torri and Rachel could have had this whole thing and I could have walked in…
                            Paul Or Dr. Beckett…
                            Paul There were so many changes, but let’s be honest, let’s get to the fun part. We had so much fun on the seasons of Atlantis, we had a lot of good laughs on the show and in some way for an actor… you’re playing cops and robbers in space you know. So every week it’s a different planet to go to, and different things to explore and different guests coming to the show so there was a lot of fun. At least I did.
                            Joe Also though, and I’m said this to Torri before and I’ll say it again, You always felt like you weren’t doing enough. Because we were running around on different planets and stuff, but the truth is, when you broke it down and saw the episode, your presence was really powerful and your screen time was almost the same as ours. So you know, I know that it felt like that because she would come in and shoot and she’d be done in two days. Because she’s in one set, so it’s very easy to shoot. Our stuff we were shooting in a bunch of different locations. So… it never translated like that though.
                            Torri I just wanted to be part of the team!
                            Joe She wanted to go out and play.
                            I get the impression that it was awesome at the time, but everyone ended up with a sour taste in their mouth afterwards

So, it sounds like they were as frustrated as we were and wanted her to be a part of the team.
                            I've said this before, but when I 'discovered' Atlantis, I assumed Weir would at least be going on some missions. It seemed logical to me that with her skillset, she'd be part of the first contact/diplomatic side of things. I was happy enough with the way things turned out - after all, a lot of the missions they went on wouldn't have needed nor suited her - but it seemed like they missed the obvious with her character. Still, like Joe said, they were able to get a lot of focus on Weir and the Atlantis backup team in the early years, with relative ease.
                            sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday to mandogater!

happybirthday28.jpg

Comment

I'll second that and add a big greeting for mandogater.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X