No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few quick icons, now that I seem to have figured out the system. Nothing artistic, but they are the right size. Ripe for the taking if you so wish.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      A few quick icons, now that I seem to have figured out the system. Nothing artistic, but they are the right size. Ripe for the taking if you so wish.

Spoiler:

They're gorgeouuuuusssssss!!!!!!

JT, I'm sorry I missed your birthday! Happy brithday, girl! I'll do my best to have something for you ASAP.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Thanks, I just came in to post those. I found this part very interesting:

Joe I wanted Torri to stay. I made it very clear, and then the producer stopped telling me things… it’s true.
        Torri Really?
        Joe But the thing is, when Paul’s exploding tumor came along… I just threw my hands up and I realized that we – I think that the whole point was to me, as an actor feel vulnerable. That was an important thing for them to make us feel. I think that with the two changes they made it hit. We were like; you know… we know there are these fans that love these characters so why are they doing this? So it wasn’t logical. So if it would, it would be kinda spooky.
        Paul I think everyone wanted Torri to stay. Am I right? Yes. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, you know.
        Torri What I said earlier… I think that they had some idea on having a civilian run a military operation and they liked the idea then. I think that once they got into it all, writing 40 episodes a season instead of 20 episodes a season, and not change a lot of people in the offices, so their workloads doubled. And I think that they didn’t quite know how to fulfill her… I was saying… I was frustrated with what Weir was reduced to, I thought, you’re not realizing she’s … you’re introducing this character for a reason so why not let them explore those reasons? Explore that concept of having a civilian instead of a military. And I think that they didn’t have the time perhaps, or the passion that something… they didn’t use that concept and it became hard to fit her in. So I became sort of a day player. I understood it after they told me what was happening, I tried to understand because I’d rather, as an actor, be here and be working, than be just sitting in the background typing. Which is kinda where they pushed her to a little bit.
        I begged them from season 1 to explore the relationship between Rachel’s character and mine. I thought it was a male’s world and it would be these two women learning from each other. And I thought it would be great if Weir went to Teyla and said; ‘Okay we’re now living in a dangerous place and I don’t know how to defend myself. I don’t wanna be someone who has to be taken care of, I’m a leader, I could be fighting.’ So they sort of missed an opportunity that they could have had, to embrace the idea of action and that would have been an interesting journey.
        Joe I think they missed an opportunity… they missed a lot of opportunities in that regard. For example, Torri and Rachel could have had this whole thing and I could have walked in…
        Paul Or Dr. Beckett…
        Paul There were so many changes, but let’s be honest, let’s get to the fun part. We had so much fun on the seasons of Atlantis, we had a lot of good laughs on the show and in some way for an actor… you’re playing cops and robbers in space you know. So every week it’s a different planet to go to, and different things to explore and different guests coming to the show so there was a lot of fun. At least I did.
        Joe Also though, and I’m said this to Torri before and I’ll say it again, You always felt like you weren’t doing enough. Because we were running around on different planets and stuff, but the truth is, when you broke it down and saw the episode, your presence was really powerful and your screen time was almost the same as ours. So you know, I know that it felt like that because she would come in and shoot and she’d be done in two days. Because she’s in one set, so it’s very easy to shoot. Our stuff we were shooting in a bunch of different locations. So… it never translated like that though.
        Torri I just wanted to be part of the team!
        Joe She wanted to go out and play.

So, it sounds like they were as frustrated as we were and wanted her to be a part of the team.
        Oh, I love this. ALL of this. In your face, haters! (really, I can't believe the people who claimed it was no big deal that Torri had to go). And this answers so many of my questions and shows just how amazing all of them are. Oh, and Joe. my hero <3!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Oh, I love this. ALL of this. In your face, haters! (really, I can't believe the people who claimed it was no big deal that Torri had to go). And this answers so many of my questions and shows just how amazing all of them are. Oh, and Joe. my hero <3!
          And just remember that he also said her presence was felt after she left. Which means all those woobie faces were his message to Torri's fans. We heart you, Joe. And we don't hold it against you that you aren't a Sparky shipper. LOL
          sigpic

Comment

And just remember that he also said her presence was felt after she left. Which means all those woobie faces were his message to Torri's fans. We heart you, Joe. And we don't hold it against you that you aren't a Sparky shipper. LOL
            What do you mean, he's not a Sparky shipper? He did say he could see it, even if he thought it couldn't happen due to their professional positions. If he can see it, that's good enough for me!

BTW, the thread seems to have exploded again: We've got 49 guests lurking. Come on out and play!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              What do you mean, he's not a Sparky shipper? He did say he could see it, even if he thought it couldn't happen due to their professional positions. If he can see it, that's good enough for me!

BTW, the thread seems to have exploded again: We've got 49 guests lurking. Come on out and play!
              Well since he said they couldn't be together because she is his boss, that makes him a Sparky maybe if. But if you insist, we'll make him an honorary Sparky shipper. LOL
              sigpic

Comment

Well since he said they couldn't be together because she is his boss, that makes him a Sparky maybe if. But if you insist, we'll make him an honorary Sparky shipper. LOL
                I insist! AHAHAHAHAHA!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  It's nice to see that Joe thought Torri's presence was as powerful as theirs even if she wasn't as doing as much.

Although, when he said "Torri and Rachael could have had this thing going and I could have walked in" was he talking about a self defense lesson or... making another dirt joke?
                  i kinda took it as a self-defense lesson but i could also see it as joe making a dirty joke.

Comment

You know, what SK, said. About Joe's shippyness or lack of it. Either way or either way. You know what I mean. What matters is that a) he knew it was there and b) he acted on it, so we could get all those delicious Sparky moments we've got - some of them due to the performance power of Joe and Torri combined, and some solely thanks to Joe. I simply don't understand the afns who don't appreciate him and everything he's done after Torri had left.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      You know, what SK, said. About Joe's shippyness or lack of it. Either way or either way. You know what I mean. What matters is that a) he knew it was there and b) he acted on it, so we could get all those delicious Sparky moments we've got - some of them due to the performance power of Joe and Torri combined, and some solely thanks to Joe. I simply don't understand the afns who don't appreciate him and everything he's done after Torri had left.
                      Well, if you are a fan who was glad when she left, then you probably wish Joe would shut up. And then you had Paul M at the con teasing them in such a way that you know he was very very Sparky oriented. And from what I hear, the audience reaction at the con was no less than thunderous. So they got the message that Sparky was popular.

Also, I don't recall that Joe spoke up and announced his preference for any particular pairing for him, so we'll take his tacit approval as gospel. What? Others do it. Why can't we?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        Although, when he said "Torri and Rachael could have had this thing going and I could have walked in" was he talking about a self defense lesson or... making another dirt joke?
                        Seeing as how the dirty jokes flew back and forth, and much gutter-talk and sliding... oh yeah, I can assure you, they were sliding fast when they said that... and we along with them.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Seeing as how the dirty jokes flew back and forth, and much gutter-talk and sliding... oh yeah, I can assure you, they were sliding fast when they said that... and we along with them.
                          Yeah, I heard about the "batteries" comments. Somebody needs to tell them that Elizabeth kept them in the jar John gave her. I think they would both love that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Though I must say that Dan Payne and Robin Dunne totally took the cake when it came to dirty jokes...

And I just pre-ordered the DVD... It's a sparky con. Must keep that in the archives.

Comment

I found a recipe yesterday for Red Velvet Cheesecake. I went weak in the knees. You've gotta try the cake.

Today's offering.

*wipes drool off keyboard* I love cheesecake!!!

Like today's offering as well!
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

SPARKY-SANDWICH!!!!

Or more accurately - Joe Flanigan (wearing the most awesome T-shirt ever), me (the filling) & Torri Higginson (being as beautiful as ever):

Spoiler:

And for more Joe F & Torri H enjoyment (don't mind the geek with the SGA vest):

Spoiler:

And on a sidenote -> Carson, the turtle, met Paul McGillion (yet again, ignore the geek on the side):

Spoiler:

More autographs and images - see here.

Also, I posted some con-images on Saturday I think - I'm about to break those links as I'm reorganizing that folder. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
                                X