No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As our esteemed colleague Southern Red would say.....even when they're not paying us

I'm not there but I try to share the news.lol

My friends are waiting for a "Sparky pic". No need to tell that they are excited.

Oh and btw, there is a strike in the airports in France. Maybe Joe and Torri will be stuck in our country. I'm sorry, american friends. We keep them.lol
    Everyone's excited. What's not to love about it?
    sigpic

Comment

Soooooooo, any news from France, apart from the strike? *GGG*
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        Pic of Joe and Torri at the french convention

My friends are waiting for a "Sparky pic". No need to tell that they are excited.

Oh and btw, there is a strike in the airports in France. Maybe Joe and Torri will be stuck in our country. I'm sorry, american friends. We keep them.lol
        First SQUEE!!!! of the day. I have a feeling it's going to get wild in here later.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Soooooooo, any news from France, apart from the strike? *GGG*
        No real news yet Sparkywise. Kris promises pics and details.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Back with this: first Sparky pic.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            EEEEEP! Look at them, so pretty! *G*

Comment

Oh wow ... my three favorites all in one place!
              To succeed in life, you need 3 things ... a Wishbone, a Backbone and a Funny Bone

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy SparkyCon weekend, Halloweekend, Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday!

Whew, what a mouthful!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                You too!! Google maps was my savior when I was a sports writer for the local paper. Every road game that was at a school I didn't know, I'd google it and drive the route there on a day off to ensure I didn't get lost and miss the game or deadline.
                Yes! I drive routes beforehand, too! *high-fives*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Here's something I was playing with earlier. It's not sparky, although it 'might' be part of a larger sparky fic. The only reason I've posted it here is becasue there's a minor Sheppard/Weir reference (of the characters, not the ship)

Spoiler:

Upon realising that they couldn’t communicate with the rest of Lorne’s team, and that the alarm must’ve triggered some sort of lockdown protocol, Lorne and Ronon searched the room for anything that might be helpful in getting them out of the lab.

“There’s nothing here” Ronon said angrily as he kicked one of the walls.

“Steady on, big guy. <insert name here> is in the control room. Once he figures out how to disable the lockdown, the doors will open, and we’ll be able to get back to exploring.....nothing.”

“Can’t wait”

“It’s no Atlantis, is it?” Lorne said as he plonked himself down on the floor. He tapped the floor with his foot. “Pull up a pew. <insert name here>’s no McKay, it might be a while”

Ronon begrudgingly sat down. Waiting wasn’t something he liked doing, no matter the circumstance.

“So, what was that language you spoke earlier?”

“French” Ronon raised an eyebrow. “It’s on the opposite side of the world to America. My mother was from France, but I was raised in America”

“I’ve never heard you speak it before”

“Yeah. I’m a bit rusty. The only people I used to speak it to, with any regularity, were my parents, and.....Dr Weir”

Silence permeated the room, both men unsure of what to say. Ronon was the first to speak up.

“Hell of a woman”

“Huh. You have no idea. Galactic domination via eyebrow”

“Didn’t think anyone else noticed”

“Are you kidding? I think that’s where General Landry got the idea from”

“How’d Sheppard take the news he was getting her old job? Doesn’t seem the type for it”

“He’s not. He’ll hate it. But when you wear the uniform, you go where they tell you and do what they tell you, no exceptions”

Awwww! *wibbles* Poor John. On the other hand, great scene with Ronon and Lorne! We don't see them interacting too often.

Pic of Joe and Torri at the french convention

Even blown up on a big screen, they're adorkable. Yay!

*snerks* All they have to do is take the train through the Chunnel over to England and fly out of Heathrow.

EEEEEEEE! SO CUTE!!!!!!! *flails*
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Such cute pictures coming out! Yay!! Sparky SQUEE!!!

And this light background looks weird. Just saying.

Fic rec. Jo R. (driftingatdusk) wrote this great post-S5 fic that's beautiful. Not A Dream

Comment

Hello!!

Halfway is being a frustrated convention ... I have a list of complaints a mile long, but I also have good things to say. Such as - Joe Flanigan is an extremely relaxed man, and my picture with him is looking great. And my picture with Robine Dunne's also very awesome. Still have to get Torri and Paul, and then the autographs cause apparently as a Premium ticket holder I only paid for my actual autograph not for the picture to put it on, plus I have to wait for all the VIP's and Ultimates to go first.... which means that there won't be much of a waiting line tomorrow cause they all go today. But it also means that the remaining photo's I have are for tomorrow morning due to the lines closing before I had a chance to get in line.

I met GW-people (like Ankareeda & Silvercomet. And briefly bumped into Kris, but I think she's a VIP ticket holder so other than in Dan Payne's photo line I didn't see her, or talk to her.

The Q&A with Joe, Torri & Paul was fun - no Sparky related questions, just the usual about SGU and how they liked/not liked it, Joe being not so diplomatic about how he felt on SGA and TPTB, who was the better administrator Carter or Elizabeth, about Sunday, about economics even...

The Q&A with Rekha Sharma, Dan Payne and Robin Dunne was hilarious due to Robin being a total goofball.

I have a lot of pictures to share, and I'll try to do that as soon as possible.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Hello!!

Halfway is being a frustrated convention ... I have a list of complaints a mile long, but I also have good things to say. Such as - Joe Flanigan is an extremely relaxed man, and my picture with him is looking great. And my picture with Robine Dunne's also very awesome. Still have to get Torri and Paul, and then the autographs cause apparently as a Premium ticket holder I only paid for my actual autograph not for the picture to put it on, plus I have to wait for all the VIP's and Ultimates to go first.... which means that there won't be much of a waiting line tomorrow cause they all go today. But it also means that the remaining photo's I have are for tomorrow morning due to the lines closing before I had a chance to get in line.

I met GW-people (like Ankareeda & Silvercomet. And briefly bumped into Kris, but I think she's a VIP ticket holder so other than in Dan Payne's photo line I didn't see her, or talk to her.

The Q&A with Joe, Torri & Paul was fun - no Sparky related questions, just the usual about SGU and how they liked/not liked it, Joe being not so diplomatic about how he felt on SGA and TPTB, who was the better administrator Carter or Elizabeth, about Sunday, about economics even...

The Q&A with Rekha Sharma, Dan Payne and Robin Dunne was hilarious due to Robin being a total goofball.

I have a lot of pictures to share, and I'll try to do that as soon as possible.
                      Thanks for that bit. Can't wait for the pics and the full report.

Anuna, you need to make room in your PM mailbox.
                      sigpic

Comment

SR, my PM box is cleared. Send away!

I have a fic snippet to share. It's something I'm working on, but not constantly, as I need to finish BoD. Anyway, it's an idea that's been going through my head for a long time. JT, this is that thing I was telling you about.

Spoiler:
                        It's a cold and rainy October evening, and the fall is taking it's cold and unattractive shape. It's probably too cold to sit on the outside, but Kate thinks it's best to accommodate this particular client. Elizabeth's hand holding a cigar is shaking slightly, and her gaze is focused on something far away. Kate has a pretty good guess where her mind is wandering, though. The trick with Elizabeth is to keep her hands busy, to wrangle that nervous energy of hers. She needs a bit to calm down. Her hands look too old for someone her age, and the lines on her face have seen much better days.

“I like it. I like the cold,” she says, blowing off the smoke. “It was always warm and clammy in there,” she adds.

“Can I borrow one?” Kate asks and Elizabeth nods. It's not something she does with other clients, but months of wrong approaches have brought her here. Elizabeth is so protective. She rarely says something completely personal. Kate wonders what was she like three years ago. She had read the newspaper articles, seen all of the television footage she could find. She stared at grainy pictures of younger Elizabeth, wearing strict costumes and flattened hair, until she felt she had done her homework. The day is slowly fading when Kate lights her cigarette.

“Did you always smoke?”

Elizabeth looks at her. “Nobody does that.” She brings the cigarette to her lips and pulls in a smoke, then blows it away. Kate finds it important, the way she does it, like it's something defining and important. In Elizabeth's circumstances, it probably was, an expression of free will. Perhaps. It's still a working hypothesis “I started... there. One among many new, unwanted habits.”

She shakes her head, then looks down at her outstretched legs, an old pair of boots she's wearing.

“Tell me, Doc, is this supposed to fix me?”

“What do you think?” Kate says. She sees how the other woman stiffens, and it's not the cold, but she's brave enough not to pull back completely.

“I think some things can't be fixed,” she says. Around them, the darkness slowly gathers.

Crap.

It's the first thing that goes through his mind when he's woken up by the sound of persistent, loud barking.

This neighborhood is a bit too loud for his liking, but John has too much work to do, and moving for the third time this year is out of the question. He'll simply have to put up with it, until a better opportunity presents itself. Literally. He enjoys his job, but sometimes it means insane working hours. The daylight drifts into his room, struggling to reach inside.

All that nonsense, being a photograph. That's the best you can do with yourself?

Not best, but I kinda like it, dad.

He drops the old fight to echo in the corner of his mind until it eventually fades away. Ten- ish years ago a younger John would laugh into his face, but now? Part of him wishes he had regular, boring, nine - to - five kind of work (and a wife and few kids. But no dog. Dear God, no dog.)

The barking outside isn't stopping and John pulls himself out of the bed. The floor is too cold, he remembers it's almost November, remembers the smell of his mother's kitchen and pumpkin pie. It's strange how some things linger like smells and images. Always images.

The dog below his window is insulting his barely – awake state of mind with all its might and John is determined to throw something out of the window and make the stupid mutt go away. He isn't really thinking about his appearance when he opens the window, putting his half - dressed self onto display.

"Hey! Would you, whoever you are, keep that damn dog quiet? Some people here are still asleep!"

He yells and it results in a new barking outburst.

"God damn it," he curses.

"Is there a problem?" someone calls from under his window just when he was about to go and look for something he really could throw out.

It's a female voice, and a pretty distinct one at that. One like your strictest teacher and clear as a morning sky in late August, when every detail of nature just stands, waiting. He turns around and leans out, enough to present his shirtless, unshaven appearance to a brown haired woman. She is slender, as slender as he imagined just a moment before, with a determined look in her eyes. He can tell, by the way she is speaking, that it's something she was good at, like someone who can make people stop and listen. He feels slightly more awake, and in addition more aware of how he must look, realizing how cold air hugs his skin. She is looking at him in a very distinct way and he certainly isn't blushing.

"Um," he says.

"Is there a problem?"

Barking. A medium sized dog comes into view, something rugged and pretty ugly looking. She puts a hand on dog's head, and the animal calms down. The woman presents him with a raised eyebrow in a way that makes a corner of his lips curl upward. He is a photographer after all, and he knows a good thing when he sees one. He observes her uncombed hair, she seems to resemble her dog a little, like a challenge dressed in too big jeans and an oversized T shirt, with boxes and packages filling the yard around her. The yard next to his. Damn. His new neighbor?

John straightens, showing himself purposefully and not entirely thinking. He is not about to stumble out of this ungraciously, just because he's forgotten such a thing as a shirt. It's kind of good to notice that she doesn't shy away either.

"I was asleep," he says, pointing towards her dog.

"Ah, I see. I'm sorry," she smiles kindly, but there's something belated about her expression. The smile stays, though, and he's pretty certain she reminds him of someone. "Party late?"

"Working late," he says, remembering his manners, "I'm sorry for rudeness. You're moving in?"

"Yeah," she says. "I'm sorry about my dog. She can be loud when she's excited."

"Apology accepted," he answers.

She smiles pleasantly, shushing her dog again. "Thank you. I'm Elizabeth. I'd offer you a coffee, but -" she gestures around herself. John answers with a smile.

"It's okay, I know how that works. Moved in recently myself. I'm John."

"Nice to meet you, John," she says a little hesitant. It's still a little slow, like she's lost in thought, or something. This one seems calmer, less fleeting and more grounded in a mutual exchange of names., yet she reminds him on a yellow leaf, barely holding onto its branch. He likes this, though, and he might even forgive her that awful dog.

"Pleasure is all mine. Now, about that coffee -"

Comment

LOL, guys, did you see our ranks? They're hilarious!

Comment

I thought I should upload a few pictures for you - a few of the ones I consider to be good enough to share as far as quality goes, cause taking pictures is not my forte. BUT I'm sitting way in the back cause there's no one else there to annoy plus excellent view of the stage as it is taking place in an auditorium.

So without further ado I present to you some Torri, Joe and Paul pictures:

Spoiler:

And I also would like to introduce to you Carson, my stuffed turtle cosily viewing the world from my backpack... and yeah the weather rocks out here:

Spoiler:
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh, those are simply gorgeous pictures, FH! Both Torri and Joe look like they know a secret to eternal youth. Pretty Sparky actors are pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Oh, those are simply gorgeous pictures, FH! Both Torri and Joe look like they know a secret to eternal youth. Pretty Sparky actors are pretty!
                                Aren't they though? And it looks like they're having a great time. So good to see them together again.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X