• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Big news indeed. At least he made it. \0/
    Yes except he was lost at the airport.lol
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Back again with the announcement you have all been waiting for. Evolution is now online at SGARising.

Go read and comment. The next chapters will follow ASAP. Kris is at the con and we don't want to take any more of her time than is strictly necessary. LOL
      *joins in happy dance*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday and a big shout out to everyone in Marseille for HalfWay Con! Have a fun time with Joe and Torri, you lucky ducks!

Actually, you just nailed it. With all the behind-the-scenes shenanigans and fan uproar during Season 4 and the growing hints about SGU on the horizon as Season 5 began, I suggested the possibility that they might cut off Atlantis a season early at the end of Season 5, since they'd have the 100 episodes needed to trigger a syndication package. And sure enough...
      When you put it like that, it seems a bit like a mercy killing
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        *joins in happy dance*

Well, I, among many people, found it merciful. Toward me. Because what they were doing with the show was killing me. No, I'm not selfish at all.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Well, I, among many people, found it merciful. Toward me. Because what they were doing with the show was killing me. No, I'm not selfish at all.
          I agree. Most of the S1-3 episodes I've seen at least a handful of times (hence how I scored 100 on the Sparky quiz). But the S4-5 episodes were pretty forgettable to me, on the whole. There were exceptions of course *cough*VEGAS*.

Comment

Hasn't Joe gotten lost before? Does he have John's sense of direction? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              LOL, I can't believe it! Aren't men supposed to be good at this? Haha!
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

LOL, I can't believe it! Aren't men supposed to be good at this? Haha!
                It was the opposite in my house. My dad couldn't find anything. Eventually he'd listen to my mom's directions. Eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Quick hello!

Just to say, don't wait a report from me. I can't do the con. I have some problems those days. Nothing serious but I don't have time for this.
                  My friends are there so if I have some news or pics, I will tell you.
                  Kisses
                  Awww! I'm sorry to hear that! *hugs Probie* I hope things get better for you soon. *more hugs*

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Yes except he was lost at the airport.lol
                  Bwahahahah!

What you said.

I vaguely recall he got lost on the way to DragonCon (I think) one year. Silly boy.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello from Marseille!! *wave*

Free wifi rules, technical train-problems not so much. Spend 7 hours instead of 6 cooped up in a train and that was really not doing me any wonders.... BOOOOOOORED so bored..

But I'm here now, at the serviced apartment we rented, waiting for dinner... finishing my Castle episode, and possible watch the latest NCIS and NCIS:LA. Then make it an early night cause the day starts early tomorrow.

And I'm sorry to hear you won't be here, Probie, I was excited to get to know you in person. Hope your problems go away soon.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think he has a history of being late, getting stuck in traffic, taking the wrong train. Sounds like a pattern.

My family strictly follows the normal pattern. I can't find my way out of a paper bag with both ends open. Mr. SR and SR Jr. are great with directions. Since SR Jr. grew up and left me, I get lost a lot in shopping malls, etc. I have nobody to tell me, "It's this way, Mom." I'm also not allowed to read the map on car trips.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        What you said.
                        I wanted to see another season, but with their decision to move the city back to Earth, I don't think it would've played out all that well. It certainly wouldn't have been the same show. I mean, what if on SG-1, they blew up Earth and shifted everything to the Alpha Site? Fail.

I agree. Most of the S1-3 episodes I've seen at least a handful of times (hence how I scored 100 on the Sparky quiz). But the S4-5 episodes were pretty forgettable to me, on the whole. There were exceptions of course *cough*VEGAS*.
                        I just expected less in the last few seasons. It helped a lot

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Free wifi rules, technical train-problems not so much. Spend 7 hours instead of 6 cooped up in a train and that was really not doing me any wonders.... BOOOOOOORED so bored..

But I'm here now, at the serviced apartment we rented, waiting for dinner... finishing my Castle episode, and possible watch the latest NCIS and NCIS:LA. Then make it an early night cause the day starts early tomorrow.

And I'm sorry to hear you won't be here, Probie, I was excited to get to know you in person. Hope your problems go away soon.
                        *waves* Sorry about the trip

Lucky you're not in NZ. AT tweeted the other day that there was no hot water anywhere (there was a gas leak in the North Island, so anything that ran on gas was not working). The smell at Armageddon should be interesting Not from her, I'm sure she smells wonderful. Where was I going with that

I think he has a history of being late, getting stuck in traffic, taking the wrong train. Sounds like a pattern.
                        Are you saying he doesn't listen, or that he can't take directions?

My family strictly follows the normal pattern. I can't find my way out of a paper bag with both ends open. Mr. SR and SR Jr. are great with directions. Since SR Jr. grew up and left me, I get lost a lot in shopping malls, etc. I have nobody to tell me, "It's this way, Mom." I'm also not allowed to read the map on car trips.
                        To be fair, I've read maps in the US before. Some of them are not that good - especially if they don't mark things like one way roads *grrr*

Plus, intentional repost:

sigpic

Comment

Are you saying he doesn't listen, or that he can't take directions?
                          Neither. I'm just reporting the history.

To be fair, I've read maps in the US before. Some of them are not that good - especially if they don't mark things like one way roads *grrr*
                          You should try driving here in Washington where the one-way streets sometimes shift depending on the time of day. And there's no such thing as a square block in most areas. LOL They took a grid and then lay circles on top of it with radiating streets.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Probie - I'm so sorry you aren't able to go this weekend.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

You got there! SQUEE!!! Rest early so you can take pretty pretty pictures.

LOL!! Well, along with my dad's math skills I also got his sense of direction - meaning none. My family and friends thought it was hilarious how many times I got lost while driving around the hospital area in Boston when my mom was there, considering I went to college just blocks from there. It didn't help that GPS didn't work in Boston. There were times when I was yelling at the machine "This is NOT a hospital! This is a house! We're not even close! You lemon!" Ok, I didn't say the lemon part.

Hmmm, John's got math skills and a lack of direction too. Maybe the 2 go together. Math skills and lack of direction, that is. Not me and John. Well, in my dreams I suppose. LOL!

I wanted to see another season, but with their decision to move the city back to Earth, I don't think it would've played out all that well. It certainly wouldn't have been the same show. I mean, what if on SG-1, they blew up Earth and shifted everything to the Alpha Site? Fail.
                            I hadn't thought of it that way. You're right. Made of fail. Just knowing the beginning of the mythical movie that will never be made was about Sam and Rodney doing a bunch of techno stuff makes me think S6 would have sucked more than a Hoover.

Lucky you're not in NZ. AT tweeted the other day that there was no hot water anywhere (there was a gas leak in the North Island, so anything that ran on gas was not working). The smell at Armageddon should be interesting Not from her, I'm sure she smells wonderful. Where was I going with that
                            Oh my. I can hear it now. "They don't even have hot water in that country!" Oh, don't get angry. I'm just teasing.

Comment

First pic of Joe
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Yay, FH! Good to know you got in safe, and most of all, HAVE FUN THIS WEEKEND!!!!

*snorts*

I hadn't thought of it that way. You're right. Made of fail. Just knowing the beginning of the mythical movie that will never be made was about Sam and Rodney doing a bunch of techno stuff makes me think S6 would have sucked more than a Hoover.
                                Or a black hole.

Oh my, sense of direction and trying to find your way around. I seem to be visually-based. Once I've been somewhere a couple of times, I can always find my way back, When going someplace new, I look up stuff in Google Maps before I even get in the car. Street View is my friend. And it works.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X