Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Some gifts for Falcon:

SQUEE FOR FALCON!! You didn't freeze up! I'm so impressed!!

Damn I want to meet her so so so badly. We gotta work on her getting invited to Chicago next year. That's not too far away from me. (It's all about me, didn't you know? )

We're once again in the same mind-set. Are you all Irish or do you have some English or Scottish blood because we gotta be related somehow.

You've met her already? *iz jealous*
    If she gets invited to Chicago, I am so there.

As for heritage, I'm a mix of Irish, Scottish and English. So the red hair fits right in.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Chicago would be nice... I could take the train!
      We could tear up the place!!

Yep. Me, drewandian and bigdamnxenafan went to see her when she was playing Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing with A Noise Within in LA in 2010. OMG, Torri was So. Cute!
      That's awesome!! I love that play.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      So I don't know how it is for wherever you guys are, but over here that new show premiering today "Once Upon a Time" (starring, among others, Jennifer Morrison and Robert Carlye) is being advertized endlessly. Anyway, some of the commercials contain the song "Rescue Me" by Kerrie Roberts.

I honestly think it would serve as a perfect theme song for SGA Rising if you wanted one. Some of it seems like it's closer to being about Stargate Atlantis than a generic love song. It's one of those songs that actually fits in with Weir, Rising (or any similar project) and Stargate Atlantis almost hilariously well. If you guys were to advertize SGA Rising on TV, it would probably be with this song

I can't help but find things that unintentionally relate back to Sparky (or anything in a similar situation) this well to be most amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7iuI9SIWqI
      You're right - that fits perfectly! It's bizarre how well that fits SGA Rising.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Oh boy, Chicago would never be the same! Oh, and Mr. SR can be our con husband and hold our purses.

As for heritage, I'm a mix of Irish, Scottish and English. So the red hair fits right in.
      Well I've got the Scottish and English but not the Irish. Don't have red hair. I have Torri's coloring (brown hair, green eyes, pale) but unfortunately I don't look like her.

Comment

That's awesome!! I love that play.

You're right - that fits perfectly! It's bizarre how well that fits SGA Rising.

Oh boy, Chicago would never be the same! Oh, and Mr. SR can be our con husband and hold our purses.

Well I've got the Scottish and English but not the Irish. Don't have red hair. I have Torri's coloring (brown hair, green eyes, pale) but unfortunately I don't look like her.
        Mr. SR makes the best con husband. We're there.

And today we have the look that even non-shippers saw as shippy.

sigpic

Comment

This thread currently shows 69 guests. That's hilarious! There is obviously a system glitch, but it's funny to imagine that many people reading the thread.

Oh yeah, that Instinct look! I remember reading people flipping out over that. She obviously thinks he's adorkable.

Comment

This thread currently shows 69 guests. That's hilarious! There is obviously a system glitch, but it's funny to imagine that many people reading the thread.

Oh yeah, that Instinct look! I remember reading people flipping out over that. She obviously thinks he's adorkable.
            And she would be right. Maybe that statement about teenage pimples is a bit of foreshadowing about what happens to John later. He forgot to mention hormones. LOL
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! And you know what's canon? Elizabeth is ALIVE.

Mr. SR makes the best con husband. We're there.
              Okay, that does it. I'm gonna talk to Torri in LA about her appearing in Chicago next year. We MUST make this happen!

And today we have the look that even non-shippers saw as shippy.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/53bfbbfd.gif
              Hee! John's so cute there!

Yep, she totally does!

Still around 18 as of when I looked. Too darn funny.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

THUNK!!!

You didn't freeze up! I'm so impressed!!
                At one point Torri said I was adorable... not entirely sure what to make of that.

Damn I want to meet her so so so badly. We gotta work on her getting invited to Chicago next year. That's not too far away from me. (It's all about me, didn't you know? )
                I'll help - I'll mention it this weekend, or at least try to. Can't make promises but I'll give it my best shot.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                If you have the time when you see her in France, could you do me a tiny little favor and ask her if there was ever any thought of her character surviving the pilot episode of Highlander The Raven? It would have been fun to see her character and Amanda but heads some more.
                I'll try to remember.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  THUNK!!!

At one point Torri said I was adorable... not entirely sure what to make of that.

I'll help - I'll mention it this weekend, or at least try to. Can't make promises but I'll give it my best shot.

I'll try to remember.
                  Look at you calmly making plans to talk to Torri again. Now that wasn't so hard, was it? Now refocus on what you're going to say to Joe. And brace yourself for the eyes looking right at you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! And you know what's canon? Elizabeth is ALIVE.

You got that right!!

Okay, that does it. I'm gonna talk to Torri in LA about her appearing in Chicago next year. We MUST make this happen!
                    YES! In all seriousness, I would go if both of them are there. I'll have some vacation time by then to use.

Um, that you ARE adorable?

Look at you calmly making plans to talk to Torri again. Now that wasn't so hard, was it? Now refocus on what you're going to say to Joe. And brace yourself for the eyes looking right at you.
                    Thud.gif

Comment

Look at you calmly making plans to talk to Torri again. Now that wasn't so hard, was it?
                      Torri didn't give me the time to freeze up. It was fun talking to her, and she really took the time too.

Now refocus on what you're going to say to Joe. And brace yourself for the eyes looking right at you.
                      I could start with Hi and go from there...

I realized today that creating a shirt won't be possible anymore in the timeframe I still have left, but seeing as how Paul McGillion is also coming to the Halfway convention, I'll be taking Carson, my stuffed turtle (who's already had the pleasure of sitting on Paul's shoulder), along and he'll be my visible mark.

PROBIE - CHRIS

Look for the turtle!

Comment

You're kidding, right? If she said you're adorable, then that means... You're adorable!

Yep, Joe's eyes are positively mesmerizing. Ye have been warned.

YES! In all seriousness, I would go if both of them are there. I'll have some vacation time by then to use.
                        Joe is already signed for both of Creation's Stargate cons next year (Vancouver and Chicago), so all we have to do is get Torri signed on, and we're good to go.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Um, that you ARE adorable?
                          You're kidding, right? If she said you're adorable, then that means... You're adorable!
                          I was being goofy when she said that... so, it could also mean a bit on the funky side. You see she had just signed this big poster of which I'll post an image tomorrow when I have time to photograph it, and then I got to cosy up next to her and a friend of mine started taking pictures and he kept on going, and we were totally goofing around by the time he finally got a good one. And then I thanked her and said that my Gateworld buddies were going to be so jealous... and then I may have stumbled a little, and I was a goofball too and then she giggled and said I was adorable. And I didn't quite know how to interpret that... I tend to need an explanation most times. It's how my brain works. Can't help it.

But OMGoddess, when she turned to sign the poster, she took her chair and promptly stood on it, even though she could have easily signed it by standing in front of it, it was an hilarious sight. Just lucky she didn't pull the whole wall down.

Yep, Joe's eyes are positively mesmerizing. Ye have been warned.
                          Isn't there a saying about a warned man... or woman in this case...

Comment

We'll be looking out for the wee baby turtle in any pictures or videos. Although there won't be videos. No.

I was being goofy when she said that... so, it could also mean a bit on the funky side. You see she had just signed this big poster of which I'll post an image tomorrow when I have time to photograph it, and then I got to cosy up next to her and a friend of mine started taking pictures and he kept on going, and we were totally goofing around by the time he finally got a good one. And then I thanked her and said that my Gateworld buddies were going to be so jealous...
                            And I certainly am!

and then I may have stumbled a little, and I was a goofball too and then she giggled and said I was adorable. And I didn't quite know how to interpret that... I tend to need an explanation most times. It's how my brain works. Can't help it.

But OMGoddess, when she turned to sign the poster, she took her chair and promptly stood on it, even though she could have easily signed it by standing in front of it, it was an hilarious sight. Just lucky she didn't pull the whole wall down.
                            LOL! Sounds like you had such a great conversation with her!! At least you were both goofballs.

Comment

We'll be looking out for the wee baby turtle in any pictures or videos. Although there won't be videos. No.
                              No videos, no. And no Ryan Robbins either (Ladon Radim from SGA & Henry Foss from Sanctuary). He cancelled due to being tied down with shooting for Falling Skies. Which makes me sad and happy at the same time. Sad I won't get to meet him cause I totally adore him in Sanctuary, and over the moon he's going to be in Falling Skies.

Comment

On a totally different topic, I just watched Progeny (the normal version, not that alternate feed that some people seem to have viewed).

Some thoughts:

1. Elizabeth is really looking hot in this episode. The hair and makeup are beautiful.

2. I wish we'd been shown or told what Teyla's and Elizabeth's visions were.

3. I thought some of the McShep banter fell a little flat in this one.

4. Niam was obviously crushing on Lizzie.

5. I love the concerned looks John is giving Elizabeth after her history lesson with Niam.
                                progeny.jpg

6. Teyla and Elizabeth had such a funny "OMG boys are so stupid" look when Rodney and John were bickering.

7. John's vision had Elizabeth being the last one through the gate. I think in the real world Elizabeth would have told him it was her job to arm the self-destruct. In John's vision she doesn't put up much fight.

8. If you wanted to do a complete series reset, the team could have still been in the hands of the Asurans and everything afterwards was a vision.

9. Adrenaline must have fueled John because he could remove Niam's arms from Elizabeth when both Teyla and Ronon were unable to.

10. C'mon - standing out on the balcony at night isn't supposed to be romantic? The dialogue isn't but the setting definitely is.

ETA
                                11. When Elizabeth is convincing Niam to go along with them and give them the access code they need, Niam and Elizabeth stare at each other like a Sparky stare. John rolls his eyes in the background. LOL!!
                                Last edited by JT-2; 24 October 2011, 03:38 PM. Reason: Adding one more

Comment

Working...
                                X