X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Indeed they are.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...sellthelie.gif

Imagine an Atlantis like your Atlantis's First Thanksgiving. When they finally reconnect with Earth Lizzie is pregnant. Jack's first comment to John: "I thought I told you not to touch anything!"
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Oh, that's priceless!
    (and note the irony of Jack being the sign-waving lol smilie)

YES! You simply must!!!
    Now I just have to find time to watch them all...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

'Cause you know, they're just so hot. Heheheh...

Heehee! That sounds like just the sort of thing John would do, too!

Hmm, it sounds like I'll have to add Downton Abbey to my every-growing list of things I need to watch.
      I don't know why Downton Abbey has captured my heart so much, but it's the best show to come along lately. The acting is just so very good. It's a breath of fresh air. Warning to the guys though. If British costume dramas aren't your thing and you didn't sigh at Remains of the Day, it's probably not for you. Mr. SR ran screaming.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I don't know why Downton Abbey has captured my heart so much, but it's the best show to come along lately. The acting is just so very good. It's a breath of fresh air. Warning to the guys though. If British costume dramas aren't your thing and you didn't sigh at Remains of the Day, it's probably not for you. Mr. SR ran screaming.
        LOL! I loved Remains of the Day (didn't Joe say once that sparky relationship should have been a little like that?) and I grow more and more intrigued about Downtown Abbey. Can someone tell me what it is about, a brief summary?
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          LOL! I loved Remains of the Day (didn't Joe say once that sparky relationship should have been a little like that?) and I grow more and more intrigued about Downtown Abbey. Can someone tell me what it is about, a brief summary?
          Did he? Oh, I hope so. I vaguely recall him saying something about Remains of the Day.

Downton Abbey OT.
          Spoiler:
          The show is set at the home of the the Earl of Grantham, a grand estate occupied by the Earl, his 3 daughters and wife, plus the wonderful Countess Grantham, who lives nearby in the Dowager cottage, played by Maggie Smith. We also get to know the host of servants who take care of them. It starts with news of the sinking of the Titantic and moves on to WWI in S2. There is shipping and betrayal and general nastiness galore. I have a whole list of people I want to slap. The costumes are just wonderful, as is the house, and the acting is superb. And did I mention Maggie Smith?

Maggie Smith doesn't play the cottage. LOL I know that's what it sounds like. I must use my big red pen on myself.
          sigpic

Comment

Did he? Oh, I hope so. I vaguely recall him saying something about Remains of the Day.
            I hope so, too. I also vaguely remember Joe saying something about Remains of the Day, but I don't remember if he specifically mentioned Sparky or not. Ahhhh, it'd be wonderful if he did.

Downton Abbey OT.
            Spoiler:
            The show is set at the home of the the Earl of Grantham, a grand estate occupied by the Earl, his 3 daughters and wife, plus the wonderful Countess Grantham, who lives nearby in the Dowager cottage, played by Maggie Smith. We also get to know the host of servants who take care of them. It starts with news of the sinking of the Titantic and moves on to WWI in S2. There is shipping and betrayal and general nastiness galore. I have a whole list of people I want to slap. The costumes are just wonderful, as is the house, and the acting is superb. And did I mention Maggie Smith?

Maggie Smith doesn't play the cottage. LOL I know that's what it sounds like. I must use my big red pen on myself.
            Oh, that sounds delicious! I may have to put DA on my fast track.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I hope so, too. I also vaguely remember Joe saying something about Remains of the Day, but I don't remember if he specifically mentioned Sparky or not. Ahhhh, it'd be wonderful if he did.

Oh, that sounds delicious! I may have to put DA on my fast track.
              Yeah I remember him mentioning Remains of the Day too but I don't think it was in regards to Sparky. It *did* make me fall in love with him a little bit more, as that's my favorite movie.

YES you must watch DA! I've got SR hooked, then you, then world domination!

Comment

Squee! *bounce* Squee! *bounce* Squee! *bounce*

She called me adorable, loved my Doctor Who outfit, laughed together about me being in her shoes when a friend of mine kept on taking images of her and me in front of the big poster she just signed for me, talked about Belgian traffic, about Belgium in general, about Sedge and how she missed her. Got an autograph (and a paw-impression autograph from Sedge even though the dog wasn't present)... talked some more....Mentioned we would be seeing her again next weekend in Marseille.

AND OMGODDESS TORRI IS ONE AWESOME LADY!!! SHE TOTALLY ROCKS!!

Though she didn't have Elizabeth Weir images with her, except for the gigantic poster FACTS provided (and I won), so this was the image I chose to be signed:

Spoiler:

And cue breathing...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah I remember him mentioning Remains of the Day too but I don't think it was in regards to Sparky. It *did* make me fall in love with him a little bit more, as that's my favorite movie.

YES you must watch DA! I've got SR hooked, then you, then world domination!
                  It's my favorite movie too. I love anything with British accents and butlers. LOL

Oh, I remember a bit of what Joe said. It was having to do with the slow buildup of romance. And he said it should be done like in Remains of the Day. So immediately we all thought of Sparky. Someone should tell him that.

Hey, FH, how brave do you feel?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

She called me adorable, loved my Doctor Who outfit, laughed together about me being in her shoes when a friend of mine kept on taking images of her and me in front of the big poster she just signed for me, talked about Belgian traffic, about Belgium in general, about Sedge and how she missed her. Got an autograph (and a paw-impression autograph from Sedge even though the dog wasn't present)... talked some more....Mentioned we would be seeing her again next weekend in Marseille.

Though she didn't have Elizabeth Weir images with her, except for the gigantic poster FACTS provided (and I won), so this was the image I chose to be signed:

And cue breathing...
                  Now just breathe. Ahhhhh. And now
                  Spoiler:
                  SQUEEEE!!!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

And cue breathing...
                    WHOO HOO!!!!!!

See, we told you that Torri was totally awesome and you had nothing to be nervous about! I'm so glad you had a great time! *hugs FH like mad*

It's my favorite movie too. I love anything with British accents and butlers. LOL

Oh, I remember a bit of what Joe said. It was having to do with the slow buildup of romance. And he said it should be done like in Remains of the Day. So immediately we all thought of Sparky. Someone should tell him that.

Hey, FH, how brave do you feel?

Comment

Some gifts for Falcon:
                      Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And cue breathing...
                      SQUEE FOR FALCON!! You didn't freeze up! I'm so impressed!!

Damn I want to meet her so so so badly. We gotta work on her getting invited to Chicago next year. That's not too far away from me. (It's all about me, didn't you know? )

We're once again in the same mind-set. Are you all Irish or do you have some English or Scottish blood because we gotta be related somehow.

WHOO HOO!!!!!!

See, we told you that Torri was totally awesome and you had nothing to be nervous about! I'm so glad you had a great time! *hugs FH like mad*
                      You've met her already? *iz jealous*
                      Last edited by JT-2; 23 October 2011, 05:00 PM. Reason: Adding smilies

Comment

I just read a very sad John story post-EatG where he's talking to Elizabeth. Have a hankie ready.

When leaves fall

Comment

Damn I want to meet her so so so badly. We gotta work on her getting invited to Chicago next year. That's not too far away from me. (It's all about me, didn't you know? )
                          Chicago would be nice... I could take the train!

We're once again in the same mind-set. Are you all Irish or do you have some English or Scottish blood because we gotta be related somehow.
                          I am, and so is SR. Yeah, it's the redhead in us.

You've met her already? *iz jealous*
                          Yep. Me, drewandian and bigdamnxenafan went to see her when she was playing Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing with A Noise Within in LA in 2010. OMG, Torri was So. Cute!

I just read a very sad John story post-EatG where he's talking to Elizabeth. Have a hankie ready.

When leaves fall

Comment

So I don't know how it is for wherever you guys are, but over here that new show premiering today "Once Upon a Time" (starring, among others, Jennifer Morrison and Robert Carlye) is being advertized endlessly. Anyway, some of the commercials contain the song "Rescue Me" by Kerrie Roberts.

I honestly think it would serve as a perfect theme song for SGA Rising if you wanted one. Some of it seems like it's closer to being about Stargate Atlantis than a generic love song. It's one of those songs that actually fits in with Weir, Rising (or any similar project) and Stargate Atlantis almost hilariously well. If you guys were to advertize SGA Rising on TV, it would probably be with this song

I can't help but find things that unintentionally relate back to Sparky (or anything in a similar situation) this well to be most amusing.

"First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Spoiler:

And cue breathing...
                              Glad you had a good time FH!!!

If you have the time when you see her in France, could you do me a tiny little favor and ask her if there was ever any thought of her character surviving the pilot episode of Highlander The Raven? It would have been fun to see her character and Amanda but heads some more.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                                So I don't know how it is for wherever you guys are, but over here that new show premiering today "Once Upon a Time" (starring, among others, Jennifer Morrison and Robert Carlye) is being advertized endlessly. Anyway, some of the commercials contain the song "Rescue Me" by Kerrie Roberts.

I honestly think it would serve as a perfect theme song for SGA Rising if you wanted one. Some of it seems like it's closer to being about Stargate Atlantis than a generic love song. It's one of those songs that actually fits in with Weir, Rising (or any similar project) and Stargate Atlantis almost hilariously well. If you guys were to advertize SGA Rising on TV, it would probably be with this song

I can't help but find things that unintentionally relate back to Sparky (or anything in a similar situation) this well to be most amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7iuI9SIWqI
                                Amusing, but awesome! That is a fantastic find, and I find it's already starting to eat my brain. (In a good way!)

Comment

Working...
                                X