No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Speaking of the Sparky Family... ANUNA! *glomps and clings* I'm so glad you're back, I've missed you! *clings some more* And I love the new avatar! Joe's hair wins at life!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    So glad you are back. You were truly missed, but now that Twitter message of yours just has me confused.
    Eh? *runs to look at Twitter*

Anyway, the SparkyCon is still on for next weekend and we plan to have a week of celebrating all things Sparky leading up to it and a week of extreme squee afterwards. Hope you'll be here.

We have recently been sharing animated gifs and discussing why those moments are so special. Here's one for today.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/441bfa9e.gif
    Ahhh. I love that scene from Misbegotten so much. Teasing!Elizabeth is so much fun!

Torri's also at the FACTS convention in Belgium this weekend, so we'll probably be hearing about that from FH at some point soon.
    Last edited by Scary Kitty; 22 October 2011, 06:30 AM.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Torri's also at the FACTS convention in Belgium this weekend, so we'll probably be hearing about that from FH at some point soon.
      Tomorrow (sunday), you'll hear all about my run in with Torri.

Today, a friend of mine already texted me to say that she loved the gift he made for her. He crafted a wooden bone and imprinted it with Sedge's name.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Today, a friend of mine already texted me to say that she loved the gift he made for her. He crafted a wooden bone and imprinted it with Sedge's name.
        How sweet. If somebody did that for Joe's 5 dogs, it might take a while. Plus, we don't know the new one's name. He said his wife got it while he was away because it looks like him, so we can name it Joe Jr. *snort*
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

So glad you are back. You were truly missed, but now that Twitter message of yours just has me confused.

Anyway, the SparkyCon is still on for next weekend and we plan to have a week of celebrating all things Sparky leading up to it and a week of extreme squee afterwards. Hope you'll be here.

We have recently been sharing animated gifs and discussing why those moments are so special. Here's one for today.

I damn sure WILL be here. Now, regarding that twitter message, tehre were few things on LJ that made me roll my eyes so much it hurt. It doesn't apply to this thread, though. This thread is my shipper family.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Awwww! That's so cute! *squees*

How sweet. If somebody did that for Joe's 5 dogs, it might take a while. Plus, we don't know the new one's name. He said his wife got it while he was away because it looks like him, so we can name it Joe Jr. *snort*
            Bwahahaha!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              I damn sure WILL be here. Now, regarding that twitter message, tehre were few things on LJ that made me roll my eyes so much it hurt. It doesn't apply to this thread, though. This thread is my shipper family.
              Ah. LJ. Now it all makes sense. That place is nuts. Useful and fun sometimes, but still nuts. *more hugs*

Comment

Ah, LJ. Well that explains it. Some of the stuff on there (and Twitter) is coming close to spoiling a couple of newish shows for me also. Why can't everybody just agree?

Anyway, we're glad you're back. Next week and the week after is going to be wild around here.

Question, a little OT:
                Spoiler:
                I see that the book Halcyon is now available on Kindle. Has anyone read it? Will I break my iPad in a fit of rage if I try to read it? Is it well written and is Elizabeth even in it?
                sigpic

Comment

Ah, LJ. Well that explains it. Some of the stuff on there (and Twitter) is coming close to spoiling a couple of newish shows for me also. Why can't everybody just agree?

Anyway, we're glad you're back. Next week and the week after is going to be wild around here.

Question, a little OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  I see that the book Halcyon is now available on Kindle. Has anyone read it? Will I break my iPad in a fit of rage if I try to read it? Is it well written and is Elizabeth even in it?
                  I wasn't impressed with Halcyon.
                  Spoiler:
                  It's set during Season 2, so Elizabeth does appear, but only very briefly. Mostly at the end, and even that seemed tacked on. The idea of her sending Team Shep to do diplomatic mumbo-jumbo with a race that seems like it could be a formidable ally to Atlantis, but she herself doesn't go when the situation clearly calls for an experienced diplomat (and there's no external reason for her not to go), is just stupid. The same author also wrote an Elizabeth-era audio drama in which she also barely appears, so I guess he just doesn't like her, doesn't understand her role in Team Atlantis, etc, etc. The book is decently written otherwise, but I can't get over the characterization fail. It's been a while since I read it, though.

Comment

Genormous news... I caved and joined Twitter... due to buying a smart phone.

Comment

Welcome to the Dark Side, Falcon! So, are you going to tell us who you are so we can follow you? (Come and find me at @The_Scary_Kitty; you'll have to make a follower request since my account is set to private)

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Welcome to the Dark Side, Falcon! So, are you going to tell us who you are so we can follow you? (Come and find me at @The_Scary_Kitty; you'll have to make a follower request since my account is set to private)
                        I'm @Falcon_Horus - apparently there is someone else who's using FalconHorus as his username but that's not me.

Comment

I'm @Falcon_Horus - apparently there is someone else who's using FalconHorus as his username but that's not me.
                          I'm @southernred2. Imagine. There was another one. I searched on you but you didn't show up. Sometimes when you're new, it takes a while.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am @poundpuppy29 I tried to find you but couldn't

sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Hello everyone! It's a beautiful Saturday here in the northeast US.

I adore that moment! First off, that one was definitely scripted flirting. Some of the moments you could easily pass off as the actors' choices, but this one was definitely written. And I love how John just flails for a second when Elizabeth calls him on the honor defending. Tee-hee.

SQUEE!! That's such a cute gift! Awww! Yeah, nobody loved Elizabeth or Torri.

LOL!! I just took my cat to the vet this morning. $165 and he's not even sick. I can't believe I used to have 3 cats and a dog. Prices must have been cheaper then because I don't remember spending thousands of dollars.

I wonder if one of the things is a place with which I've also been having eye rolling moments lately. PM me please!!

Wheeeee! I'm @mathgirl24. (I should really change my name here, I know.)

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                              I am @poundpuppy29 I tried to find you but couldn't

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...arkyKiss-1.jpg
                              Hi! I just followed you. You can follow me back if you want. I'm @mathgirl24.

Even though it's not John or Elizabeth in charge of that kiss, at least our kiss is very pretty.

Comment

hey i have a question did we ever do a list of songs that could be consider sparky?

Comment

Working...
                                X