Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    I could see it working either way. Just another one of the many things that were never hashed out about the Athosians during the run of the show by TPTW.
    I for one think that TPTW carefully thought out every episode, nay arc, of the series. No stone was left unturned in story development *nods*
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to be repetitive, but I keep thinking about this:

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      The reason why I love this scene/this gif above all others is because it includes someone else. There isn't a reassuring look, the eyesex in this instance is more like....

Stay here, I have to go kick his ass

Caldwell, you are so dead

Edited to add: It's almost like she's inherited his arrogance in that scene. The look she gives him is very close to one he'd give her in that situation

The following scene is one of the ones that makes me love Elizabeth. There's a pissing contest (which there should be, Caldwell has every right to call her on her attitude), but instead of whipping out a measuring tape, she pwns him with some well chosen words. And the thing is, Caldwell probably is a better officer than John. But in terms of a dynamic duo, John + Elizabeth = 2.8, whereas Stephen + Elizabeth = probably only 2.1
      Last edited by gateraid; 21 October 2011, 01:52 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        While I'm not a massive fan of the episode in general (it's an obvious rehash of previous material), I <3 that gif. To me, the expression she gives him, and the one he gives her, are the truest example of eyesex. It's a conversation without having a conversation.
        And it's short. So can we say it's technically a quickie?

Spoiler:

Neither are the Asurans. And in this universe, I have to defend TPTW. Mallozi must be laughing at me. As an aside, is anyone else getting annoyed with the 'middle aged white dude'?

Edit: never mind, now I see where you're coming from. And if you've checked My Controls, you'll understand what I mean by "I'm glad they don't feed from there"
        I feel like a I missed something. Somebody explain it to me slowly.
        Spoiler:
        What "middle aged white dude?" Are you talking about a fic I haven't read?

I for one think that TPTW carefully thought out every episode, nay arc, of the series. No stone was left unturned in story development *nods*
        Are you on crack?
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
          Just took the Sparky quiz and got a 90%. Whew! She did a good job with the right mix of questions. But I knew I was going to miss the one about John's book.
          That's a great grade!!

reality-check.gif

The reason why I love this scene/this gif above all others is because it includes someone else. There isn't a reassuring look, the eyesex in this instance is more like....

That's a perfect description!

Edited to add: It's almost like she's inherited his arrogance in that scene. The look she gives him is very close to one he'd give her in that situation

The following scene is one of the ones that makes me love Elizabeth. There's a pissing contest (which there should be, Caldwell has every right to call her on her attitude), but instead of whipping out a measuring tape, she pwns him with some well chosen words. And the thing is, Caldwell probably is a better officer than John. But in terms of a dynamic duo, John + Elizabeth = 2.8, whereas Stephen + Elizabeth = probably only 2.1
          Yeah, I love Elizabeth in Intruder. Oh, and where she tells all those SGC military dudes where to stick it.

Are you on crack?
          Is there a special Sparky crack?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
            Just took the Sparky quiz and got a 90%. Whew! She did a good job with the right mix of questions. But I knew I was going to miss the one about John's book.
            Yay! That's definitely a great score!

Spoiler:
            Neither are the Asurans. And in this universe, I have to defend TPTW. Mallozi must be laughing at me. As an aside, is anyone else getting annoyed with the 'middle aged white dude'?

Edit: never mind, now I see where you're coming from. And if you've checked My Controls, you'll understand what I mean by "I'm glad they don't feed from there"
            *snorts and dies laughing*

*laughs some more*

Sorry to be repetitive, but I keep thinking about this:

Oh please, John/Elizabeth rates at least a 5.

But yeah, as far as doing things 'by the book,' Caldwell is certainly the better officer. The trouble is, as Caldwell ended up finding out, the book just wasn't written with the realities of life in Pegasus in mind.

Spoiler:
            I'm guessing that
            Spoiler:
            he's talking about John and how his character was totally frakked up by certain writers. I could be wrong, though.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Of course there is. It's all in our minds.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Pretty people for Friday:

Mom and Dad are NOT happy.

Comment

Extra pretty people especially for FH

(spoiler-ed due to OTness)
                Spoiler:

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_213_829.JPG

Well if They're the mom and dad of atlantis what would be Rodney, Carson, Ronon, and Teyla be?

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_213_829.JPG

Ooooh, Uncle Steven's been a bad, bad boy.

Extra pretty people especially for FH

(spoiler-ed due to OTness)
                    And they're very pretty, indeed!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    Well if They're the mom and dad of atlantis what would be Rodney, Carson, Ronon, and Teyla be?
                    Let's see...
                    Rodney = John's brother
                    Teyla = John and Rodney's older sister who's always having to separate John and Rodney by the scruffs of their necks whenever they start snarking at each other
                    Ronon = the guy next door who almost dated Teyla
                    Carson = Elizabeth's brother

Yeah, they're all a cracktastic dysfunctional family.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Let's see...
                      Rodney = John's brother
                      Teyla = John and Rodney's older sister who's always having to separate John and Rodney by the scruffs of their necks whenever they start snarking at each other
                      Ronon = the guy next door who almost dated Teyla
                      Carson = Elizabeth's brother

a cracktastic yet crazy, dysfunctional family but a family known the less. what some of the minor characters like Heightmeyer, Lorne, Zelenka? oh i forgot about Keller and Woolsey. can't forget them in this family of miscreants.

Comment

I'll definitely read it. Wait, is Elizabeth at least alive in this story? I have a huge aversion to reading anything post season 3.
                        I generally don't write with a season in mind. Besides it's AU anyway since Kate and Teyla are all couple like. But yeah, to stick with the question Elizabeth's alive and I have no intention of killing her any time soon or ever.

But...but....you're the Fearless Leader. You don't need to be afraid of anything
                        In that case, I need to go work on my roar...

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        No worries, Kate will make sure the FUN stays in dysfunctional.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*snort*

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:

Nah, just another prolific thread starter. Those gen threads are addictive, I really should stay out of there

Are you on crack?
                          See below

<snip>
                          Only this one:

And on that note, I may be going away for a couple of days. Not sure yet, will find out later in the day, but I'm leaving the house soon and won't be back on the net. But if the weather is back, I won't be going anywhere.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nah, I think this one is better, myself:

And on that note, I may be going away for a couple of days. Not sure yet, will find out later in the day, but I'm leaving the house soon and won't be back on the net. But if the weather is back, I won't be going anywhere.
                            Well, if it happens, have a good trip! We'll see you when you get back!

Comment

Are you guys trying to kill me dead with squee?

gateraid - if you go, have a wonderful time!!

Comment

Are you guys trying to kill me dead with squee?
                                Can we help it if Joe is hotter than Hades?

Comment

Working...
                                X