• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    *hugs* [ATTACH=CONFIG]32447[/ATTACH]

She did win one for Season 1.

LOL!!
    Yay. \0/ Where did you find a thread on this show? I looked at TWOP and *shudder*. Those people always confuse me. I guess it's not "cool" to actually like a show, but to be trendy, one needs to pick it to pieces.

Sorry for all the OT. Now back to Sparky, which is always trendy. Sorry, I've run out of big ones.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I'll try to come up with a fic rec for later.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Spoiler:
      IMO if they hadn't made such a hash of her introduction, I doubt there'd be as much Keller hate. And to be fair, in s5 especially they cut back on the medical extras, which made her look like Dr Everything. That wasn't helped by their choice of when they used Carson - he should have been the doctor in Infection, given that he was supposedly the super geneticist, instead of being wasted in Whispers. I also think that Jewel's speech pattern (which cannot be helped, unless she does an accent) makes her sound really uncertain all the time. There are times when Keller is only mildly nervous, yet she sounds more nervous than she appears.
      I think you nailed it here.
      Spoiler:
      I thought Keller was fine in First Strike and Adrift, but her fish-out-of-water routine in Missing just killed it for me, and the girl-genius-doctor act they tried to pull with her didn't help matters. It took a while (and fanfic that wrote her better than she was on the show) for me to start liking her again.

If only some fans would've given Elizabeth that kind of second chance that I gave Keller...

Spoiler:
      They seemed to cut back on all the extras in seasons 4 and 5. Heck, it was only Sam and Rodney fixing that ship (whatever it was named). The drop in extras made for some pretty funny stuff. The intro to Sam scene in Reunion had so few people it made me laugh and think that the people of Atlantis were as excited about her arrival as I was.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Sorry for all the OT. Now back to Sparky, which is always trendy. Sorry, I've run out of big ones.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/b267dfd0.gif
      Ah, a little OT once in a while is good. Keeps things fresh.

As to Sparky... Squee, it's a sitting on the desk scene! *flails* Darnit, how do they look so sexy doing that!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yay. \0/ Where did you find a thread on this show? I looked at TWOP and *shudder*. Those people always confuse me. I guess it's not "cool" to actually like a show, but to be trendy, one needs to pick it to pieces.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/b267dfd0.gif
        SR - it's here in the General TV folder. But right now it's just me and 1 other person talking.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I think you nailed it here.
        Spoiler:
        I thought Keller was fine in First Strike and Adrift, but her fish-out-of-water routine in Missing just killed it for me, and the girl-genius-doctor act they tried to pull with her didn't help matters. It took a while (and fanfic that wrote her better than she was on the show) for me to start liking her again.

If only some fans would've given Elizabeth that kind of second chance that I gave Keller...
        Elizabeth is simply too awesome for some people.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        As to Sparky... Squee, it's a sitting on the desk scene! *flails* Darnit, how do they look so sexy doing that!
        I LOVE that scene. First, it proves they didn't only talk to each other about work. John came in there to tell Elizabeth about Zelenka's painted face. He wanted to amuse her. "C'mon Lizzie! Come and see - it's so funny!" Not only does he sit on the desk, he leans over it towards her and gives an adorable expression. And Elizabeth doesn't bat an eye which gives the impression this is something he does often.

Oh and earlier in that episode he came up and leaned over her shoulder to see what she was doing on her computer. He had no idea what she was looking at until then. Maybe he thought she was playing chess and wanted to play a game with her. He certainly did a huge obvious lip lick before he talked to her in that scene.

But back to that end scene. If they really wanted to push a certain other ship, then shouldn't the episode have ended on a private talk between the two of them in which comfort was offered about Charrin?

Comment

SR - it's here in the General TV folder. But right now it's just me and 1 other person talking.

I LOVE that scene. First, it proves they didn't only talk to each other about work. John came in there to tell Elizabeth about Zelenka's painted face. He wanted to amuse her. "C'mon Lizzie! Come and see - it's so funny!" Not only does he sit on the desk, he leans over it towards her and gives an adorable expression. And Elizabeth doesn't bat an eye which gives the impression this is something he does often.

Oh and earlier in that episode he came up and leaned over her shoulder to see what she was doing on her computer. He had no idea what she was looking at until then. Maybe he thought she was playing chess and wanted to play a game with her. He certainly did a huge obvious lip lick before he talked to her in that scene.

But back to that end scene. If they really wanted to push a certain other ship, then shouldn't the episode have ended on a private talk between the two of them in which comfort was offered about Charrin?
          Logically, if they had plans to move in that direction, then yes. But wait...logic was a stranger at Bridge Studios.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*peeks in thread*

Hey, Sparkies!

Life is still crazy but thought I'd say hi very quickly!

I took the Sparktober poll. I got 71%. Pretty good considering I haven't actually seen most of the Sparky episodes. Sadly enough.

I'm also now addicted to Sherlock on BBC.

Hope everyone's doing well, take care, til next time!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              Shame on you FH for looking at another woman! I think I her Claire's heart breaking as we speak.
              Nah... her hubby will fix it in a wink.

And I think I heard Falcon's [ATTACH=CONFIG]32446[/ATTACH] all the over here in the US!
              It was a high one on the Richter scale too...
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*waves to ShipperWriter*

I sense some iconnage coming on...

Yup. John is always going out of his way to make sure Elizabeth is okay, give her something to laugh about, eat lunch with her... He SO likes her. And she must like it, since most of the time, he does get her to smile.

Logically, if they had plans to move in that direction, then yes. But wait...logic was a stranger at Bridge Studios.
                *snerks*
                Last edited by Scary Kitty; 18 October 2011, 06:20 PM. Reason: That should be "eat" lunch. Stupid auto-speller.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Helloooo...

Wow, where is everyone this evening?

Comment

I'm here. I'm waiting for my damn Claritin to kick in.

Waves hi to ShipperWriter.

Comment

Oh yeah. SK, where's the smut fic rec you promised us?

Comment

I'm here. I'm waiting for my damn Claritin to kick in.

Waves hi to ShipperWriter.
                        Ick, I hate allergies!

Oh yeah. SK, where's the smut fic rec you promised us?
                        Eek, I knew I forgot something! *fumbles at desk for a few moments*

Here we go: Nightmares and Dreamscapes, by Shane Vansen (aka lone_pyramid on LJ).

Happy smutty Sparky reading!

Comment

I'd rather talk about the Phinguyver/Weir Ship.
                          sigpic
                          Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            That sucks So.....you're going to grow facial hair?
                            Since I hate to shave, I'm always scruffy looking anyway. Maybe I can grow my goatee back? *Ponders*
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
                              I'd rather talk about the Phinguyver/Weir Ship.
                              the what ship?

Comment

waves hi to ShipperWriter

*hugs* [ATTACH=CONFIG]32447[/ATTACH]
                                *hugs back* I'm finally starting to feel a little better. I think snagging Season Three of Clone Wars as a distraction has helped.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X