Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    Thanks SR and JT-2 (and Thanks about the DH sig too, was going to change it this week but I may just keep it a little longer )

And I lurk on a regular basis purely because I enjoy reading all your amazing insights too much to sideline them with my inane comments
    Well, that sig is just too damn cool.

And dude - all I ever make are inane comments! They haven't yelled at me yet.

Comment

13 days until HalfWay!!

HalfWay is an early birthday gift to me (isn't it nice how the universe works). And there are a bunch of Sparkies and Sparky friends (Falcon!) who are going to be there to give updates on the fun.

Comment

Here's another fic for your reading pleasure.

Thanks again JT-2 for your help!!!

A dress for a lemming
        Part One
        Spoiler:
        “What is a girls’ night in,” asked a confused Teyla Emmagan as her new friend Lieutenant Laura Cadman dragged her along the corridors of Atlantis in the direction of Dr. Kate Heightmeyer’s quarters.

“It is a very important ritual among women on Earth,” grinned Laura. “Especially for those in male dominated professions like the military. We gather with our female friends and do things like play poker, drink wine and gossip or, like tonight, eat popcorn, watch movies and possibly complain about men.”

Teyla couldn’t help but grin at the enthusiastic way Laura described most things and began to wonder what movie they would watch. So far she hadn’t had much experience with what her new friends called television other than the copy of a ‘college football game’ Col. Sheppard had brought with him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“So what movie are we watching tonight,” asked Laura once they reached Kate’s quarters.

“I don’t know,” answered Dr. Katie Brown. “That was Lindsey’s job this time. I had enough trouble trying to sneak this much popcorn past Rodney and Ronon.”

“I have no idea either,” responded Kate who was busy feeding her pet lemming. “But she did say we would all like it. Didn’t she Falcon?”

Kate had always had a weakness for small, cute and cuddly animals and made a deal with Dr. Carson Beckett to sneak her newest pet to Atlantis with the lab mice. While everyone was smiling to themselves as Kate continued to fuss over Falcon, Dr. Lindsey Novak finally arrived with the movie for tonight.

“I bring you one of the most epic movies ever filmed,” said Lindsey as she came through the door. “Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable star in 1939’s Gone with the Wind.”

After giving Teyla some back story about the American Civil War and the Reconstruction period that followed, they all settled in to watch the movie.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“I am confused,” said Teyla after watching the movie. “If Rhett truly loved Scarlett, why would he leave her?”

“It’s a romantic tragedy,” explained Kate. “It’s all about wanting something you can’t have only to realize you already had everything you wanted and needed.”

“And being that it’s told from the perspective of the losing side in the most devastating war fought in North America, a happy ending isn’t very likely,” added Lindsey.

“It makes me miss my father,” said Kate to no one in particular. Once she saw that everyone heard her, Kate clarified her comment. “When I was growing up, he was a huge Civil War reenactor. Every year we’d go to two or three events at various parks across the country. I loved it. It was like playing dress up on a huge scale. I used to fantasize about finding my own Rhett Butler to sweep me off my feet.”

“You may not have to look too far,” commented Laura. “Have you ever noticed how Gunny Williams practically trips over his own feet whenever you walk by?”

“Just don’t give her any of the kind of help you gave Rodney and me,” joked Katie. While things had been awkward between her and Laura for a little while, lately the event had turned into a subject for good natured ribbing.

While the joking continued, Teyla hatched a plan for a gift to give her best friend on the expedition.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

And know for Part Two
          Spoiler:
          “Are you sure the people of Earth do this to their pets,” asked Charin.

“I am sure,” answered Teyla. “I asked several of the expedition members and they all confirmed that some people on Earth get clothes for their pets.”

“You have allied us with some very strange people.”

“I know. But they mean well.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Isn’t this dress Teyla got Falcon the cutest thing ever,” gushed Kate to everyone in the halls of Atlantis as she looked for Teyla to thank her personally for the gift.

“You know if she keeps that up the rumor mill is going to pair her and Teyla up,” said Lt. Colonel John Sheppard.

“I wouldn’t worry about that too much, John,” answered Dr. Elizabeth Weir. “The way Teyla talks about one of the Athosian men, she’ll marry him before too long.”

“How come she never tells me these things? I am her friend too after all,” complained John. “Come to think of it, after our next crisis, you and I will most likely be the main topic of the rumor mill again.”

Once John saw his attempt to poke fun at the short attention span of the base rumor mill had not earned him a smile but Elizabeth’s dreaded eyebrow raise of doom, he swiftly changed the subject.

“Any idea why all the Japanese personnel tell Ronon he was aptly named? He asked me and I have no idea.

“It’s probably because his name sounds a lot like the Japanese word for a masterless warrior, ronin,” explained Elizabeth. “And the Revenge of the 47 Ronin is a very popular legend in Japan. I think Dr. Kusanagi claims to be a descendent of the same clan as one of them. Want me to see if she’ll tell Ronon the story?”

“I’d appreciate it,” answered John. “It’s starting to irritate him and Ronon tends to break the Marines he spars with when he’s in a bad mood.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“They’re mirroring each other again,” commented Dr. Maria Esposito as she walked by Dr. Weir and Lt. Col. Sheppard.

“I don’t care what anyone else says, they have to be a couple,” added Dr. Brandy Jones. “You can’t be that perfectly in sync with each other and not be involved.”

Comment

*Sneaks in the back door whist everyone is looking at the GIF*

Made for the lasted challenge on the AfA thread

*Sneaks out again*
            Wow!!! I wish I was just half as talented as you!!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              Thank you And your story is fantastic BTW
              sigpic
              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

mandogater - That story was pure crack and I loved it. I am going to have dreams of lemmings in Gone with the Wind style dresses tonight. *giggles*

Comment

Thanks SR and JT-2 (and Thanks about the DH sig too, was going to change it this week but I may just keep it a little longer )

And I lurk on a regular basis purely because I enjoy reading all your amazing insights too much to sideline them with my inane comments
                  Oh please, inane comments R us. I'm sure you have plenty to add that's less inane than anything I say.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  You are a talented writer, that's for sure. Loved the cracky story.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    You are a talented writer, that's for sure. Loved the cracky story.
                    Too bad the boss at the newspaper I worked for after graduation didn't think so.

Thanks for all the kind words everybody!!!!

I just hope I don't get a big head. *goes to make sure his head still fits through the door* Made it!! So far, so good!!
                    Last edited by mandogater; 16 October 2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I'll make sure to play dress up to illustrate how great lemming's look in Gone With The Wind dresses.

First have to finish my turnaround for my character design class tomorrow evening...

@ Mandogater - totally lovin' it!!
                      Can't green you so I'm going to have to give you some AWESOME LEMMING GREEN!!
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I've just had someone ask me what Sparky is
                        sigpic

Comment

Well you must educate them on the loveliness that is Sparky.

Comment

This is Sparky:

Spoiler:

Also called Dominar Rygel XVI ...

Okay fine...

This is Sparky:

Spoiler:

Oh wait no... sorry... wrong image...

I mean this is Sparky:

Spoiler:

Oh ... no this would be Sparky 2.0 ... wait... I got it, I got it... hang on...

Spoiler:
                            TADAAAA....

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              This is Sparky:

Spoiler:

Also called Dominar Rygel XVI ...

Okay fine...

This is Sparky:

Spoiler:

Oh wait no... sorry... wrong image...

I mean this is Sparky:

Spoiler:

Oh ... no this would be Sparky 2.0 ... wait... I got it, I got it... hang on...

Spoiler:
                              TADAAAA....

Serious You should have seen me spit my (insert trade mark fizzy drink here) down my nice clean fleece at the pic of Rygel!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Serious You should have seen me spit my (insert trade mark fizzy drink here) down my nice clean fleece at the pic of Rygel!!!
                                Oopsies...

Comment

Working...
                                X