Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    oh you're right. you are so right. i think were they to infilitrate atlantis, they could've done some pretty heavy damage.
    An idea to keep in mind for Season 7 of rising, maybe?
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by smalltowngirl View Post
      Hello.
      First time posting, mainly because I've had a hard time figuring out some of the glitches. But I think I got it.
      Hi smalltowngirl!! Welcome aboard.

Sorry I missed your post when I was on earlier.

Comment

There's a cut-paste option, but I haven't taken the time to learn how to use it, at least not yet.
        So:
        Re the battlestar, I'm so old I shouldn't be surprised by anything I see on TV, and the poor Galactians never surprised me, except in the you-can't-be-going-there way. The problem was that the relentlessly dystopian line meant that every character would always act from the worst motives and make the worst possible decisions. Actually that's fine as a plot, but it is mind-numbingly predictable.
        The other problem was the mysoginism that permated the thing. Women always acted badly and men always took it and forgave them. Am I correct, Starbuck had a night of passion with Apollo then ran off and married someone else the next morning? Really? Issues with women there, boys?
        Back OT, sort of:
        That's really what sank Universe, the whole dystopian wrong-people-in-the-wrong-place bit, and the treatment of women. I stuck with Universe (off and on, admittedly) for about 18 months, until Eli's mom tried to starve herself to death and the IOA lady's girlfriend tried to drink herself to death, both from loneliness. In the same episode. C'mon. The husbands/boyfriends/fathers of the female crew weren't depressed?
        I think all SG-1 and SGA fans owe a debt of gratitude to Richard Dean Anderson, who apparently insisted that those two shows not take themselves too seriously. That was genius, and made both series the kind that will be watched with pleasure for decades.
        That and the fact watching Mr. Anderson, Joe Flanigan, Michael Shanks and Ben Browder in particular will make one lose one's train of thought. Mr. Flanigan plays Sheppard with this coiled-energy-under-the-surface thing that just-just-
        Well. Moving on.
        That was one thing the producers could do, was pick a cast. Mr. Judge could do more with a lifted eyebrow than most actors can do with a soliloquy - the last scene in Shades of Gray is a perfect example - and Mr. Hewlett, although he was overexposed the last two years, was inspired as Rodney. Even when he was on too much he was still terrific.
        That under-the-surface stuff made Liz and John burn up the screen; it's too bad the producers were so wedded to John/Teyla and then never followed through on anything. That's why fanfic is so much fun; we fill in the gaps.
        To the lady who said she'd check for grammar:
        Thank you. I must admit I have no idea how to contact you.
        These are long-winded, and I do apologize, but I'm not sure I'll shut up, either.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Happy Sunday everyone!

Well, my Sunday is not going to be very happy. Going to a memorial for a woman at work who died. She was only 40.
          Sorry to hear that. It is always sad to lose someone so young.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            Sorry to hear that. It is always sad to lose someone so young.
            I know how that is I lost two friends one was 17 the other was 19. It's a scary and sad thing.
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

By the way got a unrealistic but I know it's crack Halloween Sparky story. So it's a Deal with the Devil story that takes place after Lifeline, where Kolya represents the Devil. Basically in this AU he has this machine that has the ability to have a person to redo any action.....obviously you can tell where this is going.
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

There's a cut-paste option, but I haven't taken the time to learn how to use it, at least not yet.
                So:
                Re the battlestar, I'm so old I shouldn't be surprised by anything I see on TV, and the poor Galactians never surprised me, except in the you-can't-be-going-there way. The problem was that the relentlessly dystopian line meant that every character would always act from the worst motives and make the worst possible decisions. Actually that's fine as a plot, but it is mind-numbingly predictable.
                The other problem was the mysoginism that permated the thing. Women always acted badly and men always took it and forgave them. Am I correct, Starbuck had a night of passion with Apollo then ran off and married someone else the next morning? Really? Issues with women there, boys?
                Huh. I got the opposite impression from that show. To me there didn't seem to be a huge distinction between the sexes, other than the fact that the females showed a lot more flesh And that Starbuck thing worked both ways - Apollo ran off an married someone too, it was a subplot throughout s3 which turned me off both characters. I could go into more detail, but it's always going to come down to a matter of opinion *shrugs*

Back OT, sort of:
                That's really what sank Universe, the whole dystopian wrong-people-in-the-wrong-place bit, and the treatment of women. I stuck with Universe (off and on, admittedly) for about 18 months, until Eli's mom tried to starve herself to death and the IOA lady's girlfriend tried to drink herself to death, both from loneliness. In the same episode. C'mon. The husbands/boyfriends/fathers of the female crew weren't depressed?
                I think all SG-1 and SGA fans owe a debt of gratitude to Richard Dean Anderson, who apparently insisted that those two shows not take themselves too seriously. That was genius, and made both series the kind that will be watched with pleasure for decades.
                That and the fact watching Mr. Anderson, Joe Flanigan, Michael Shanks and Ben Browder in particular will make one lose one's train of thought. Mr. Flanigan plays Sheppard with this coiled-energy-under-the-surface thing that just-just-
                Well. Moving on.
                That was one thing the producers could do, was pick a cast. Mr. Judge could do more with a lifted eyebrow than most actors can do with a soliloquy - the last scene in Shades of Gray is a perfect example - and Mr. Hewlett, although he was overexposed the last two years, was inspired as Rodney. Even when he was on too much he was still terrific.
                They did a superb job with the casting, surprising given some of the extremely late confirmations some cast members received.

That under-the-surface stuff made Liz and John burn up the screen; it's too bad the producers were so wedded to John/Teyla and then never followed through on anything. That's why fanfic is so much fun; we fill in the gaps.
                To the lady who said she'd check for grammar:
                Thank you. I must admit I have no idea how to contact you.
                These are long-winded, and I do apologize, but I'm not sure I'll shut up, either.
                Speaking of fanfic, I see you have already checked out SGA Rising, the virtual season six. The next episode is being beta'd as we speak. There are other fanfic sites out there, although I don't have any links to specific fics. There's fanfic.net, command dynamics.....probably more

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                By the way got a unrealistic but I know it's crack Halloween Sparky story. So it's a Deal with the Devil story that takes place after Lifeline, where Kolya represents the Devil. Basically in this AU he has this machine that has the ability to have a person to redo any action.....obviously you can tell where this is going.
                No At a guess, Rodney raises the shield five seconds earlier?
                sigpic

Comment

I've been doing some digging. Some of you may have suspected it, but according to Mr Mullozi

Spoiler:

Lorne is gay!!!

I know, that's old news, but I only just found out.
                  sigpic

Comment

Favorites:

1. Before I Sleep
                    2. Critical Mass
                    3. Tao of Rodney
                    4. Lifeline
                    5. The Prodigal

Least favorites:

1. Sanctuary
                    2. The Tower
                    3. The Ark
                    4. Quarantine
                    5. Inquisition

I could probably name a close second on each of these as well. Which means I might give you a totally different set of answers tomorrow. Well, except for Inquisition. Worst of the series for me.
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      I've been doing some digging. Some of you may have suspected it, but according to Mr Mullozi

Spoiler:

Lorne is gay!!!

Assuming that you aren't joking, you must not have visited that gay character thread. I ultimately did not participate because from what I can tell, that entire thread long ago degenerated into spamming that one exact phrase over and over again.
                      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 09 October 2011, 05:50 PM.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        Assuming that you aren't joking, you must not have visited that gay character thread. I ultimately did not participate because from what I can tell, that entire thread long ago degenerated into spamming that one exact phrase over and over again.
                        Plus there's the fact that Mallozzi seems to routinely engage in deliberately baiting the fans. There's just no telling whether or not he's being truthful in this case.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

No At a guess, Rodney raises the shield five seconds earlier?
                          NOOOOO Haven't you read deal with the devil stories? John's gonna say yes (though I DOUBT in canon he would trust an snake like Kolya) and have one year to go in and out of storage closets with Elizabeth before Kolya can have his wicked way with him. He survives of course.

Spoiler:

Lorne is gay!!!

That seems like old news to me.

Spoiler:
                          He was definitely having something with Parrish

You can ramble as much as you want! Welcome BTW
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

i thought they said that Captain Vega (Search and Rescue, Whispers) was the one that was gay. and i refuse to believe that lorne is gay. that's just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              i thought they said that Captain Vega (Search and Rescue, Whispers) was the one that was gay. and i refuse to believe that lorne is gay. that's just wrong.
                              That's right, they did say it was Vega. Argh, this is so annoying.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                That's right, they did say it was Vega. Argh, this is so annoying.
                                Don't forget there's a deleted scene on the Season 5 DVD's that hints very heavily at that.

If we had gotten a season 6, it would have been interesting to see how they would have played another gay US military character considering don't ask, don't tell was still in effect when it would have been filmed.

Comment

Working...
                                X