Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Nope, I missed that too. I thought you meant best/worst overall, then when you said each season, I thought you meant five & five from each season).

Oh, and in answer to your question (the BIS one), I just found it really boring. Everything with old Weir seemed to drag on and on. The stuff when everyone drowned was good, but those scenes were the only ones that held my interest
    Clearly I was having a brain fart because I didn't explain that very well. Like I said, long week. Long weekend here in the US, though. cheerleader.gif

What would your list be?

SK - secret project FTW!

Comment

Nope, I missed that too. I thought you meant best/worst overall, then when you said each season, I thought you meant five & five from each season).
      That's what I thought, too. Oh well.

I don't really have a worst episode for each season, anyway. Some that aren't on my "must rewatch" list aren't necessarily bad, just boring (like The Ark), while others have at least one redeeming scene that keeps me from lumping them in with the "worst" (like Harmony), so the overall series concept works better for me.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        ...while others have at least one redeeming scene that keeps me from lumping them in with the "worst" (like Harmony)...
        The only good thing about Harmony - as far as I am concerned anyway - was the painting at the end.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Thanks for all the kind words about my ficlet everybody!

Happy Birthday Lt. Colonel John Sheppard!!

Go Hokies!! I've always liked VT a bit and they are starting to rise on my must watch list for Saturdays.

I really like your idea, SK!!! They could have very easily worked that into BAMSR.

Time to get in on the list games.

Top 5
          1. The Siege trilogy
          2. The Storm/The Eye
          3. Be All My Sins Remember'd
          4. Sateda
          5. Duet

Bottom 5
          1. Tie for both of Lucius Lavin's episodes
          2. Brainstorm
          3. Harmony
          4. Childhood's End
          5. Trio
          Yay, another Hokie fan. The more the merrier.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          The only good thing about Harmony - as far as I am concerned anyway - was the painting at the end.
          That was the only thing I didn't like about Harmony. Who says we all march in lockstep? LOL

The thing about naming a most/least favorite for each season is that it's very hard in some cases. Like in S1, I liked them all. But in S5, I liked very few of them. So an overall list would have none from S1 or S2 in the top 5 worst. Yet aside from a very few, all my worst would likely be from S5. I'll have to think about that later and come up with a comprehensive list. And some of them I like for different reasons or like now because I know the overall outcome but hated when they aired. I think I just confused myself.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            That was the only thing I didn't like about Harmony. Who says we all march in lockstep? LOL
            Heh! I'm gonna have to side with SR on this one. For me, Harmony's saving grace was that lovely scene where John is talking to Harmony about being a good leader and putting the needs of one's people before one's own needs, and totally invoking Elizabeth's spirit.

The thing about naming a most/least favorite for each season is that it's very hard in some cases. Like in S1, I liked them all. But in S5, I liked very few of them. So an overall list would have none from S1 or S2 in the top 5 worst. Yet aside from a very few, all my worst would likely be from S5. I'll have to think about that later and come up with a comprehensive list. And some of them I like for different reasons or like now because I know the overall outcome but hated when they aired. I think I just confused myself.
            Oh no, I understood perfectly. We redheads are entitled to be contradictory that way. *high-fives*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Choosing favorite episodes to me isn't easy because many different episodes are good for very different reasons, so it's hard to gauge which one I liked the best of all of them.

My personal Favorite Episodes:

Be All My Sins Remember'd
              Adrift/Lifeline
              Common Ground
              The Siege

My personal Worst Episodes:

Brainstorm
              Trio
              Identity
              The Return (Part 1)

I honestly I feel like picking 5th one for either category is a little too hard because nothing really stands out more among all the options I could pick and I feel like I'd be unfairly leaving too many out.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Clearly I was having a brain fart because I didn't explain that very well. Like I said, long week. Long weekend here in the US, though. [ATTACH=CONFIG]32308[/ATTACH]
                No worries.

I got up way earlier than usual today to do some running around out of town so I probably read your post when I was more concerned about what to make for lunch.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Birthday Sparky Episodes I watched today.
                  The Storm/The Eye
                  First Strike/Adrift/Lifeline
                  This Mortal Coil
                  Ghost in the Machine.

Comment

That episode was so bad I cannot even remember the painting, much less care about the princess storyline

Yay, another Hokie fan. The more the merrier.

And in the case of s1, although I wasn't a fan of 38mins (mostly for the stuff in the jumper and the retelling of the mission), I can forgive them for it because it was early on. BIS doesn't deserve the same forgiveness because it was later in the season. Irresistible was not great, but I can't forgive them for Irresponsible because they revisited a poor plot. Plus even Mullie said he wasn't proud of it

Favourites:

s1: The Eye (or TS/TE if we're allowed)
                    s2: a tie between Michael and CDT
                    s3: Common Ground
                    s4: Lifeline
                    s5: a tie between S & R and The Shrine

Least Favourites:

s1: Before I Sleep
                    s2: Intruder
                    s3: Irresponsible
                    s4: Harmony
                    s5: Identity

That list was actually pretty difficult. It struck me when I was writing it that s4 and s5 still had good episodes, but their bad episodes were a lot worse than earlier on.
                    sigpic

Comment

Birthday Gifts
                      Spoiler:
                      due to me having all of the SG-1 and atlantis and universe's DVDs my parents decided to get me hooked on NCIS and they brought me the first SIX seasons. Gotta love those parents. i got three seasons from my dad and step mom and the other three from my mom.

so not only do i have to watch SG-1 rewatch i got nearly 100 plus episodes to watch of a different show.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        The Storm/The Eye
                        This Mortal Coil
                        Ghost in the Machine.
                        Wow, you were busy. You must have melted into a puddle of Sparky goo.

Birthday Gifts
                        Spoiler:
                        due to me having all of the SG-1 and atlantis and universe's DVDs my parents decided to get me hooked on NCIS and they brought me the first SIX seasons. Gotta love those parents. i got three seasons from my dad and step mom and the other three from my mom.

so not only do i have to watch SG-1 rewatch i got nearly 100 plus episodes to watch of a different show.
                        Great idea. I have taken to giving DVD's of shows I know people love also. You never go wrong with that. Or just an Amazon gift card so they can pick their own.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

That episode was so bad I cannot even remember the painting, much less care about the princess storyline

That list was actually pretty difficult. It struck me when I was writing it that s4 and s5 still had good episodes, but their bad episodes were a lot worse than earlier on.
                          Interesting, isn't it?

Comment

Great idea. I have taken to giving DVD's of shows I know people love also. You never go wrong with that. Or just an Amazon gift card so they can pick their own.
                            Or just do what my family does - a card, no present.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Interesting, isn't it?
                            I assume that that may be part of what Joe's comments were based on (the running out of ideas). I always had an issue with how quickly they dealt with their enemies - they spent a whole season in s1 waiting for the wraith to attack, yet it took practically the same amount of time to meet and then wipe out the Asurans. The Genii were barely used, as were the Vanir.
                            sigpic

Comment

Go Hokies!!! My adopted team ROCKS! Thanks SR, for getting me rooting for a winning team.

Heh! I'm gonna have to side with SR on this one. For me, Harmony's saving grace was that lovely scene where John is talking to Harmony about being a good leader and putting the needs of one's people before one's own needs, and totally invoking Elizabeth's spirit.
                              I completely agree with SK on this one. I thought it was pretty boring but I wanted to smack that kid. The painting at the end really annoyed me, though. Maybe because I view it as the beginning of Gero's "let's pick on Sheppard" phase.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              Choosing favorite episodes to me isn't easy because many different episodes are good for very different reasons, so it's hard to gauge which one I liked the best of all of them.

My personal Favorite Episodes:

Be All My Sins Remember'd
                              Adrift/Lifeline
                              Common Ground
                              The Siege

My personal Worst Episodes:

Brainstorm
                              Trio
                              Identity
                              The Return (Part 1)

I honestly I feel like picking 5th one for either category is a little too hard because nothing really stands out more among all the options I could pick and I feel like I'd be unfairly leaving too many out.
                              Interesting choices! Identity did indeed stink. I'm curious why you picked Return 1.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              No worries.

I got up way earlier than usual today to do some running around out of town so I probably read your post when I was more concerned about what to make for lunch.
                              Lunch is always important.

The Storm/The Eye
                              This Mortal Coil
                              Ghost in the Machine.
                              Nice!!

Oh, most definitely. Each season had its share of weaker episodes, but those last 2 seasons had way more weak episodes than the earlier ones. At least to me. I'm always kinda surprised when people think season 5 was very strong with episodes like Whispers, Identity, Brainstorm, Tracker, and Inquisition. There were some great episodes in those seasons as well, but the bad was stinking up the joint much more.

Birthday Gifts
                              Spoiler:

Sweet! You should watch Torri's episodes first.

Or just do what my family does - a card, no present.

I assume that that may be part of what Joe's comments were based on (the running out of ideas). I always had an issue with how quickly they dealt with their enemies - they spent a whole season in s1 waiting for the wraith to attack, yet it took practically the same amount of time to meet and then wipe out the Asurans. The Genii were barely used, as were the Vanir.
                              You guys don't give presents?

Yes, enemies were introduced and then thrown away very quickly as the show went on. There were those new aliens in The Daedalus Variations that were never heard from again.

Comment

Hello.
                                First time posting, mainly because I've had a hard time figuring out some of the glitches. But I think I got it.
                                Have a warning:
                                My computer's security system has told me a couple times the last few days that somebody is trying to hack the Atlantis Rising website and apparently use it to break into other computers.
                                I got the same warning today for fanfiction.net; could someone pass that along?
                                If I may weigh in on the continuing discussion:
                                Loved Harmony, thought the fighting between Rodney and the little girl was hilarious.
                                Hated Lifeline, because they wrote Elizabeth out.
                                There were four good things about Ghost in the Machine, the moment when Elizabeth's name appeared on the computer screen, when she asked for John, when John asked if she could stay and Joe Flanigan's face in the last scene. The guy knows what he's doing; he's good.
                                Common Ground, The Real World, the Eye/the Storm and the Return are some of my favorite television ever. When I get into my Atlantis DVDs those, Be All My Sins Remembered (I know the spelling isn't right) and Outcast are the ones I reach for first.
                                One totally unrelated comment, and covers ground that's probably worn down to bedrock:
                                To me, the Stargate franchise is in temporary eclipse due to a case of Battlestar envy. it was all about Galactica; the Stargate writers wanted the nice words and attention that were going - temporarily - to Galactica. SG-1 was canceled and Elizabeth written out for that reason.
                                It is thus doubly and triply ironic (and very funny) that Galactica crashed (bad pun, I know) the minute it lost SG-1 and SGA as lead-ins.
                                One more thing:
                                I have some stories - Sparky, of course - that will soon need proofreaders. One is an honest attempt at a novel, practice for original work, I think. How can I get some help from fellow Sparkies?
                                Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                                X