Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    One of you that goes to cons needs to find out if that's true and see if he has had a chance to read any of the episodes yet.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to put Joe Flanigan read and approved on the site?
    was this the same con with both him and torri making an appearence? be nice to get her Stamp of approval on it as well.

Comment

I feel like it...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        As you say, he was doing the same with the nurse earlier. I can't say I picked up on that scene at the time re flirt factor. It was straight after Rising, with the cave scene of love where Shep turned Teyla on (okay, her turned her necklace on), so I dismissed it. Plus it was early days, too early for that sort of stuff. The same scene would've played a lot differently had he tried to say something in Intruder (in the F-302) and been asked about it at the end.
        Oh my, yes, the ship-o-meter would have been off the scale at that point.

Pretty much. Carter's injury has thrown a cat amongst the pigeons.
        LOL! Is that another Kiwi expression?

Not to mention they could've put in a "you're like a sister to me" line at the end of the defending your honour scene. Or had one of them push the other into a relationship/hook up.
        Like, for example, Teyla telling John that it's alright for him to have feelings for Chaya? *iz evil*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Heheheh...
        And even then, Teyla's reaction to FRANibeth's question just screams, "OMG, how could you think that I'd ever sleep with John when I know you're the one he loves? You're my BFF, I'd never betray you!"

Which, in its own way, should be taken as yet another clue that FRANibeth wasn't the original Weir, which means the original Weir is still out there. Funny how that works out for us. *points at sig, dusts off the SGA Rising website and grins wickedly*
        Yes, I always took Teyla's reaction there to mean exactly that (her quick NO, then reassuring tone), as well as FRANibeth being disturbed/surprised by the idea.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        I feel like it...

Deliberate repost.

They are so pretty.

Did you all see the video of Joe's latest con? Nothing about Sparky, but some really funny stories (how did that Japanese woman think that could be appropriate?). Oooh, can videotape be taken at the con in France?

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          I think the funniest thing about it was that it continued even after Torri left. Ghost in the Machine is Weir's last appearance and Torri wasn't even in it, but they still wrote in lines like that. That one line where Elizabeth awkwardly asks if John was the father of Telya's baby stood out for me. I'd have thought They must have specifically wrote that in for her to be uncomfortable at the prospect.

I think it's the one and only time that there seemed to be any hint of tension between Elizabeth and Teyla on the subject of John, at least that I remember.
          That scene was indeed puzzling. It appeared to me that Franibeth was shocked at the suggestion of John being the father because she didn't think things could have changed that much. And Teyla was quick to reassure her that he wasn't. Then, don't forget that Franibeth knew all about Kanaan which tells me that Teyla talked about him to her and shows that they were friends. Yes, it's TPTB telling, not showing, again but it works for me in this case. I think Teyla wasn't really sure yet that it was really Elizabeth and lied about Torren being away to protect him.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Did you all see the video of Joe's latest con? Nothing about Sparky, but some really funny stories (how did that Japanese woman think that could be appropriate?). Oooh, can videotape be taken at the con in France?
          I saw that. He is so adorable and funny that fans can shock him after all this time. Eh, no, videotape cannot be taken at any con. Ever. No video. They make a big deal of it. What video, nothing to see here.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Those were the days It's nice to have a trip down mammary memory lane every once in a while

Oh my, yes, the ship-o-meter would have been off the scale at that point.

LOL! Is that another Kiwi expression?
            I don't think it is exclusively (fox in the henhouse is another variation). You must always blow on the pie, negs minute, cook me some eggs, 'sup bro.....those are kiwi expressions

Like, for example, Teyla telling John that it's alright for him to have feelings for Chaya? *iz evil*
            Good point. Although the way that was played, it kinda seemed like she wasn't all that comfortable with it. I'm not sure whether she was trying to say "it's okay to have feelings for other people, but I don't trust Chaya" or "I'm telling you it's okay to have feelings for other people but I'd rather you had them for me"

Yes, I always took Teyla's reaction there to mean exactly that (her quick NO, then reassuring tone), as well as FRANibeth being disturbed/surprised by the idea.
            It was a necessary scene though, given the child's name, which was a poor choice and yet another deliberate tease to fans.

Deliberate repost.

They are so pretty.
            Aren't they? I especially like how that shirt really draws your eyes right to them

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            That scene was indeed puzzling. It appeared to me that Franibeth was shocked at the suggestion of John being the father because she didn't think things could have changed that much. And Teyla was quick to reassure her that he wasn't. Then, don't forget that Franibeth knew all about Kanaan which tells me that Teyla talked about him to her and shows that they were friends. Yes, it's TPTB telling, not showing, again but it works for me in this case. I think Teyla wasn't really sure yet that it was really Elizabeth and lied about Torren being away to protect him.
            Her shock was two-fold, I think. Part of it was 'wtf - John & Teyla??', with the other part being 'if this has happened, then things have really changed since I've been gone'. It's likely they added in the bit about Kanaan as an effort to backsell the relationship, but it was necessary given that we'd barely seen Kanaan and Teyla said in Missing that they'd been close friends since childhood.
            sigpic

Comment

Glad you enjoyed the pic Gateraid!
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting it I like your new sig too
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I was in a GIMPing mood today. I almost did some Sparky artwork with that pic, but then the thunk got in the way. Maybe later this week.
                  sigpic

Comment

I just love that pic. I dare anyone to say that Torri is not hot after looking at that pic. She's totally hot.

Heh!

Teyla was totally teasing John about Chaya and having waayyy too much fun doing it. If she had really cared about him beyond friendship/siblingship, I doubt she would've been able to do that. *shrugs*

Yep yep.

That was the other impression I took from that scene.

I saw that. He is so adorable and funny that fans can shock him after all this time. Eh, no, videotape cannot be taken at any con. Ever. No video. They make a big deal of it. What video, nothing to see here.

*snickers* Never say never.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That was the other impression I took from that scene.
                      Me too. I probably would have lied in that situation too.

*snickers* Never say never.
                      Never give up, never surrender
                      sigpic

Comment

I feel like it...

The most epic husband and Wife duo to hit the planet =D
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

Comment

Actually, that report came straight from our very own KrisRussel, so it's definitely legit. She didn't say if she asked him whether or not he was reading the episodes, though. We may have to wait until Marseille when we get our next opportunity.
                          Good, a name we all know and trust. I feel much better about the information now.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Teyla was totally teasing John about Chaya and having waayyy too much fun doing it. If she had really cared about him beyond friendship/siblingship, I doubt she would've been able to do that. *shrugs*
                            I totally agree. I can't see anybody in their right mind having that much fun teasing the object of their desire for going on a romantic picnic with someone else.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Me too. I probably would have lied in that situation too.
                              I think anyone would've done whatever they had to to protect their child and spouse.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              The most epic husband and Wife duo to hit the planet =D
                              You betcha.

Good, a name we all know and trust. I feel much better about the information now.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I totally agree. I can't see anybody in their right mind having that much fun teasing the object of their desire for going on a romantic picnic with someone else.
                                *cough*Inferno*cough*

I think anyone would've done whatever they had to to protect their child and spouse.
                                Well, yes, fortunately it didn't come to that. Teyla's a smart woman and didn't want to take any risks.

Hello to the 41 guests that are browsing this thread
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X